As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    cm83 wrote: »
    Use M95 with a Red dot and magnum ammo.

Good times.
    What a waste of good perk slots.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goomba wrote: »

Good times.

lol

But really m95 w/ red dot is pro as hell if you can't get positive K : D ratio with it you're still a scrub recon hth

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I didn't say it was smart... just fun :)

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Funbags wrote: »
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    It's $15, if you don't have a VIP code

Is the VIP code the code i got from Steam when i bought it? It had the game code and a second code that unlocked tracer pistol and some other junk. Was that the same code or do i get the VIP from somewhere else?

For 10$ I'll tell you how to get the VIP code.

No thanks...it would be cool if someone just answered me though. I'm on the steam version. It gives me a "pre-order" code and the CD key. Is that "pre-order" code the VIP? I didn't pre-order the game nor get it on release day so i'm assuming that is it, i just want clarification.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    FunbagsFunbags Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

No thanks...it would be cool if someone just answered me though.

Awwww ok, VIP code is used for the console version. PC Game has serial tied to your EA account. PC version will get the map pack free.

Funbags on
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Is the VIP code the code i got from Steam when i bought it? It had the game code and a second code that unlocked tracer pistol and some other junk. Was that the same code or do i get the VIP from somewhere else?

You're cool man, it should be built into the steam game. Since you can't buy it used and all.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

One of those should be your VIP code. You know you have it in if you can play on Nealson Bay and something else. One of these is a dark snowy forest.

On the $10 for a VIP code, my brother actually bought one from eBay because we share a console and he wanted the maps

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's your CD key. Maps should be part of regular patching.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yea, the PC shouldn't have one, since it's hard to use a PC game with a taken CD key

elliotw2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Good times.

lol

But really m95 w/ red dot is pro as hell if you can't get positive K : D ratio with it you're still a scrub recon hth
    idk i never have trouble shooting people in the face with scopes and magnum is about as worthwhile as getting the alternate fire perk if you sit in the passenger seat

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yea, the PC shouldn't have one, since it's hard to use a PC game with a taken CD key

Ahh ok thanks. I figured it was something along those lines.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Good times.

lol

idk i never have trouble shooting people in the face with scopes and magnum is about as worthwhile as getting the alternate fire perk if you sit in the passenger seat

Has this been confirmed though? I'm going back and forth between using magnum ammo and body armor and I think I feel a difference in magnum ammo but I'm not entirely sure

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like the M1911 because it's incredibly badass to whip it out when I've ran out of ammo and unload it into some jerk

one thing call of duty has taught me is that switching to your pistol is faster than reloading

Man I learned that in counterstrike back in the day son, you kids with your calls of duties.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    body armor is worthless with a barrett anyway

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I like the M1911 because it's incredibly badass to whip it out when I've ran out of ammo and unload it into some jerk

one thing call of duty has taught me is that switching to your pistol is faster than reloading

Man I learned that in counterstrike back in the day son, you kids with your calls of duties.

I only say that because they've ALWAYS said that at the start of pretty much every call of duty.

around 1:50

I usually say it accompanied by a bad british accent

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Seriously.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why would you switch to your pistol in Call of Duty? Just knife them.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    FunbagsFunbags Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

This.

Funbags on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Why would you use your guns in Call of Duty? Just sprint around the map stabbing everyone while carrying around a smoke grenade.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Good times.

lol

Has this been confirmed though? I'm going back and forth between using magnum ammo and body armor and I think I feel a difference in magnum ammo but I'm not entirely sure
    Uh, yes? Like, multiple times over. You'd need to do 80 damage but it does 79 at range.
    Pancake wrote: »

Why would you use your guns in Call of Duty? Just sprint around the map stabbing everyone while carrying around a smoke grenade.
    With a shield on your back.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

...while someone shoots at you with a 123 year-old lever-action shotgun in each hand

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fiziks wrote: »

...while someone shoots at you with a 123 year-old lever-action shotgun in each hand

With a pseudo-gamertag consisting of a marijuana leaf.

Suriko on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »

After your dad screams at you for paying 15$ for 5 new maps with his credit card.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I liked those.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

After your dad screams at you for paying 15$ for 5 new maps with his credit card.

While screaming racial epithets into your mic.
    This one seems to work equally well for any other XBL game, like BC2..

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I dunno, man. I've seen (heard?) more non-mic people in BC2 than any other 360 release I've played so far.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else having the game freeze then the screen turns completely gray/light brown/light blue? It happens randomly and it's getting pretty annoying.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah no one talks on the 360 which is super odd.

All though when I giggle for something that happens usually everyone else giggles.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hive mind

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    TKane wrote: »
    Also, to whoever said the first guy you stab in Zero Dark Thirty in single player mode was a Legionniare was mistaken. He's not a Legionnaire, he's just a regular Russian grunt

Also, I looked everywhere. I didn't see a single Acta Non Verba symbol anywhere. I even got 90% of the MComs, and still didn't find the symbol.
    He's talking about a Russian colonel. In badly-accented English. The same badly-accented English his troops had in the first. The symbol pops up in a few cutscenes, mostly as background material. The bulletin board when you're talking to Braidwood is the most obvious one, but I think there's a few more.

It's a bit of a stretch.... I assumed it was said in English so the players would understand what was being said, like in Metal Gear Solid 3, where all dialogue is in Russian, it's just spoken in English so that the players understand and don't have to read Subtitles all day.

I only say that because they've ALWAYS said that at the start of pretty much every call of duty.

SNIP

I usually say it accompanied by a bad british accent

.......... Switching to your pistol still takes thirteen days. It's like you pull the pistol, twirl it in your hands, throw it in the air, turn around and catch it behind your back, pull out the mag, put it back in, pull it out, put it back in, pull it out, drop it, pick the mag off the ground, put it back in the gun, try to remove the clip, do the air quotes hand motion while saying "Oh yes, the "Deagles"", pull the slide back, put your finger in the eject port, toggle some random switch, scratch your head with the barrel of the gun, take your finger out of the eject port, and hold it in front of you.

Why can't you just.... Pull the gun, and hold it in front of you?! Why is there ALWAYS some stupid fucking animation to go along with it? I want to go back to the days of Doom where switching weapons was simply lowering one gun and raising another.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Manji2099Manji2099 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, please, someone play.

I REALLY wnat a squad that aren't fools and are capable of sticking together.

Manji2099 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can't play. I'm still visiting my parents for spring break. I'm starting to get the twitches a little.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my fix tomorrow. :\

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only time I hear people use their mics in this game is when they're leaning on the push-to-talk and breathing heavily, for the whole match.

This is how I usually end up bailing to my own one-person squad if nothing else is available.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Manji2099Manji2099 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay.

On that stupid island level?

You stupid recon, cal in your artillery. It's the esaiest thing in the world. It's designed so three snipers with artillery can hold that whole place down, but you're retarded. If you call in your mortars on their position, guess what? They cna't line up and spray at the guys crossing.

Manji2099 on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Manji2099 wrote: »
    Okay.

You stupid recon, cal in your artillery. It's the esaiest thing in the world. It's designed so three snipers with artillery can hold that whole place down, but you're retarded. If you call in your mortars on their position, guess what? They cna't line up and spray at the guys crossing.

In the first game, I remember Artillery being really, really, really, really, really finicky. Like if you didn't aim it a certain way, it wouldn't work. I remember in the Harvest map, playing as Defenders, trying to Mortar Strike the attacking tanks and it'd never work, no matter how I aimed at them.

It's assumable that Mortar Strike is just as finicky, if not more so, in the second game.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also, to whoever said the first guy you stab in Zero Dark Thirty in single player mode was a Legionniare was mistaken. He's not a Legionnaire, he's just a regular Russian grunt

Also, I looked everywhere. I didn't see a single Acta Non Verba symbol anywhere. I even got 90% of the MComs, and still didn't find the symbol.
    He's talking about a Russian colonel. In badly-accented English. The same badly-accented English his troops had in the first. The symbol pops up in a few cutscenes, mostly as background material. The bulletin board when you're talking to Braidwood is the most obvious one, but I think there's a few more.

It's a bit of a stretch.... I assumed it was said in English so the players would understand what was being said, like in Metal Gear Solid 3, where all dialogue is in Russian, it's just spoken in English so that the players understand and don't have to read Subtitles all day.

A few of the signs have it too, even in multiplayer

elliotw2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Okay.

In the first game, I remember Artillery being really, really, really, really, really finicky. Like if you didn't aim it a certain way, it wouldn't work. I remember in the Harvest map, playing as Defenders, trying to Mortar Strike the attacking tanks and it'd never work, no matter how I aimed at them.

It's assumable that Mortar Strike is just as finicky, if not more so, in the second game.

I've used Mortar Strike a whole lot and only found two finicky things about it.

1) The icon that fills up with white indicating that your Mortar Strike isn't completely accurate and fills up a few seconds before it is actually ready. When you can zoom in with a right click, it's ready.

2) Sometimes the bar doesn't fill up when you're holding left click to fire, but if you keep holding the button down for the normal amount of time, the mortars will still fire.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • Options
    Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    Just had an awesome moment. Playing Hardcore on Valparaiso we were defending our last set of MCOMs when I see the Black Hawk come over the hill and head towards our base. I start taking pot shots with my M14 and managed to kill the pilot and the right side door gunner with head shots. I don't think I've had a more bad ass moment in gaming.

Only thing to make that mental picture better is to say that after those kills, the chopper listed towards the ground, crashed through a house and the flaming wreckage of what was left came to rest at your feet, as you calmly finish reloading.

:mrgreen:

Please people, post more stories! Stuck at my desk and am jonesing for some BFBC2 action :P

Bringing this back from quite a few pages ago. You my friend would be placated. He was coming in slow and low to drop off guys on the objective. When he died the chopper plopped down onto a barrier, the left side door gunner oblivious in his seat. I double tapped him in the face and stole the chopper. His team was less than pleased I assume.

Jokers Gamble on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay.

I've used Mortar Strike a whole lot and only found two finicky things about it.

1) The icon that fills up with white indicating that your Mortar Strike isn't completely accurate and fills up a few seconds before it is actually ready. When you can zoom in with a right click, it's ready.

2) Sometimes the bar doesn't fill up when you're holding left click to fire, but if you keep holding the button down for the normal amount of time, the mortars will still fire.

Once in a while the damn things just break. I've had more than a few times where I used the mortar strike, and was unable to even look through the binoculars anymore. After dying, I still couldn't. When I switched to medic, then back to recon later, the binoculars were still unusable. It only worked again when the map changed.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I see there's nothing about fixing the MG36 in hardcore...

What's wrong with the MG36 in hardcore?

Also no M60 nerf :{
    No Autobalance / Teamswitching / player shuffling fixes :x

Those changes are more than likely stuff that was noticed in the beta, and was just finished/put through QA. It will be a few more weeks if not a month before we see autobalance/player shuffling I would assume, since they are new features.

Morkath on