As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2]: Sorry guys, I won't be the one renewing this thread.

1565758596062»

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did your eyes explode from my envious rage-hate?

If so, I apologize.

Unless you weren't using those eyes, then I'd suspect you are really quite good a playing Starcraft 2 blind.

How Zen.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Streltsy wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »
    you're supposed to counter his temps and not just spam MMM.
    like predy did, ghosts sniped a bunch of templars dead in seconds.
    i'm sure some round the back ravens/banshees can sort them out quickly as well.

Yeah I just finished watching that, and I felt pretty disgusted at those storms. Predy seemed to be on top of trying to dodge those storms, but even with around only three high temps that just doesn't seem like a realistic thing to do. Seems like half the engagments he dodged 1-2 storms, emped the whole protoss army, killed the army, only to have his entire force killed as 3 more temps come from the back to blow their load.

Obviously there's a way around it, what I'm saying is I just can't appreciate watching storms in TvP. And the match being decided by ghosts/temps might not be a great thing either.

I also don't have the beta though, so you know, I could just be wrong.

I dunno, I was watching him just stand in, and in some cases walk right through those later storms and I kept getting a little angry. I was rooting for Terran, but for most of the game, 'toss was playing better, (imho). Especially when 'toss kept grabbing the golds in the middle (but excepting when he never checked the watchtowers right next to his new golds).

I WAS glad to see the MMM ball expand to include siege tanks, but honestly would have enjoyed seeing more ghosts in there. Templar-heavy army? Fine, enjoy having no mana and no shields.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm seeing "I just got in WOOO" threads popping up on the Blizz forums right now.

Gentlemen, it is time to panic and F5 furiously.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    depends whether battle.net maintenance is done or not.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    which it isn't.

tomorrow morning though hoo boy

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    nnnrrrggg

And I'm home sick today - PLEASE LET ME GET IN, THIS WILL BE THE BEST TIMING EVER.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    "Reapers were produced from the merc haven at BlizzCon 2007,[9] using a different technique than other terran infantry units. The haven housed up to four reapers. The entire supply could be bought at once, with the supply recovering over time. Reapers could be built very quickly. However, this was later changed with reapers being built at the barracks like other infantry unit.[10]"

Aww, lame. That sounds like an awesome mechanic to be able to get out a good small sized harassment team quickly.

Wonder what made them change it up. This seems a neat way to balance your harassing force with your actual army. Perhaps it worked out too well and they needed to make players choose between building an army faster or doing fast econ damage?

I bet they changed it because it's basically exactly like the zerg's core mechanic with larvae and all.

Actually reading how the building functioned it functioned exactly like the structures that you could buy mercenaries at in Warcraft 3. Which is admittedly kind of close to how things work with Zerg, but slightly different.

"There was a maximum number of units "in stock" at any one time with that number slowly regenerating over time. Reapers were inexpensive with a build time of one or two seconds. Four reapers could be bought from a single merc haven in quick succession with another reaper becoming ready to "hire" every thirty seconds.[5]"

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quicker reaper rushes for Terran?

That would not have gone well, as hilarious as it could have been

Gumpy on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nghh servers are down come back up I want to play starcraaaaaaaaaaft

Lemming on
  • Options
    Battle JesusBattle Jesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to miss Supershaft777. He was my favorite kind of troll - the ones that get angrier than everyone else in the thread combined.

I'm going to miss his logic - "you guys don't share the same opinion as me, therefore you are all sheep! I am now going to call you insignificant and worthless using some words I learned in English class before I dropped out."

On a side note, I hope they accidentally mess up with the Battle.net maintenance and give me access to Starcraft 2. I will start playing it, and then never log off JUST IN CASE THEY TAKE IT AWAY.

Battle Jesus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Quicker reaper rushes for Terran?

That would not have gone well, as hilarious as it could have been

Depends how high tier the building was/how much the units cost. Unfortunately the wiki does not list the reasons for its removal.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    nnnrrrggg

And I'm home sick today - PLEASE LET ME GET IN, THIS WILL BE THE BEST TIMING EVER.

I'm betting on my GF's account getting in but I won't know until after she gets home from work. Damnit!
    D:

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll start the new thread!

Click here!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.