As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Acrimony 101

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    maybe he shouldn't shake so much

PiptheFair on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh god why am I reading this blog?

Shabooty on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That's all I have to do to get people to throw money at me?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Also good quote from that kotaku article.
    It's funny seeing people label pedophilia as a sickness in the comments. The same thing was said about homosexuality back in the day too

Some people really need to be kicked in the teeth

The first time I found out that NAMBLA even existed I was shocked, I just thought it was something ridiculous that South Park made up.

Blake T on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found out about NAMBLA as a related link from a Wikipedia article on Alice Day (which you should not google)

mensch-o-matic on
  • psychoticdreampsychoticdream Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found out about NAMBLA as a related link from a Wikipedia article on Alice Day (which you should not google)

curiousity got the best of me

je regret

to exchange the memory i bring you car pushing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF6EiLn8bto

psychoticdream on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    everyone always googles

everyone always googles

mensch-o-matic on
    edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8

compassionate conservatives.

The facade has pretty much rotted away.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/17/reid-challenger-labeled-tea-party-imposter-nevada-senate-race/
    Tea Partiers, who by and large advocate running candidates from within the GOP, accuse Ashjian of trying to "hijack" their brand.

Aneurhythmia on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Saw an article the other day where Tea Partiers were calling the Coffee Party movement a top-down organization and not grassroots

or something

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I live in this town right now!

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    Saw an article the other day where Tea Partiers were calling the Coffee Party movement a top-down organization and not grassroots

or something

all i know about tea party is that when their members realized what teabagging really meant they scrambled to find another name

boy did i laugh that week......

psychoticdream on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow to that tea party video.

What was that old Carlin joke...think about how dumb the average American is, and then consider that half of them are dumber?

At least they found a name for themselves, even if it is some weird sexual double entendre.

Drew-B on
  • Solid BonesSolid Bones Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »

Out of curiosity, did anyone catch what the poor guy's sign actually says?

Solid Bones on
    Tea and Scrabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

Out of curiosity, did anyone catch what the poor guy's sign actually says?[/QUOTE]

yeah i saw it

it said

"Got parkinsons?
    I do and (blurry i think it said "you") might
    thanks for helping
    that's (blurry again but i think it said communism, or thanks comrades"

(in case you are wondering, the man DID have parkinsons)

psychoticdream on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And to give us a break from all this bullshit.

puppycam

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OH SHIT PUPPYCAM STARTED AGAIN.

Blake T on
    edited March 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    And to give us a break from all this bullshit.

puppycam

YAY

(thx i was getting pretty mad)

psychoticdream on
    edited March 2010
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS

YET SO ANGRY THAT I AM AT WORK

WHEN I GET HOME I AM GOING TO GET MY FUCKING PUPPY ON.

Blake T on
    edited March 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS

YET SO ANGRY THAT I AM AT WORK

WHEN I GET HOME I AM GOING TO GET MY FUCKING PUPPY ON.

damn furries

psychoticdream on
    edited March 2010
    was there ever a façade in the first place

Don't you remember when it was a sincere grassroots movement that rejected the promotion of career politicians, big government, systemic corruption, and worn out political rheto-

img0143h.jpg

Aneurhythmia on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited March 2010
    They are so confusing

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited March 2010
    It is a sign of a great cause when it can be succinctly summed up by a bumper sticker.

Blake T on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Was Georgia invading?

Is that why we had to fight it back?

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• DamnItCohaagenDamnItCohaagen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Weaver wrote: »

So, for one of the Gen Eds i'm taking is a class called Music and Gender, and the professor just handed out the essay topics which included this gem.
    Lady Gaga's music and image has been influenced by the likes of David Bowie, Fred Mercury from Queen, Michael Jackson, Madonna and Gwen Stefani. In her latest video set to the music "Telephone," Lady Gaga along with Beyonce presents an array of images of androgyny and hyper femininity in her narrative that begins with doing time in a women's prison. In this video that refers to the film Thelma and Louise, Lady Gaga weaves a tale of poisoning Beyonce's repulsive boyfriend as well as the other patrons of the restaurant, and then proceeds to drive off in the sunset with Beyonce.

For your paper, discuss some of the details of popular culture that the video is incorporating and argue what does Lady Gaga's pastiche of popular culture do for her audience. (Britney Spear's video of "One More Time" for example). How does her audience understand these controversial images that border on the obscene? What is the significance of including Beyonce in the music video? In your opinion, is Lady Gaga a feminist in her surreal play of images that involve lesbianism in her music video? Or is re-inscribing misogynistic views of women?

DamnItCohaagen on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fred Mercury

Grey Ghost on
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of Lady Gaga.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/parents-complain-about-lack-of-warnings-at-lady-gaga-concert/story-e6frf9hf-1225842563872

Dumb parent shocked at the fact that a woman that sings about adult subjects has an adult show!

Blake T on
    edited March 2010

So, for one of the Gen Eds i'm taking is a class called Music and Gender, and the professor just handed out the essay topics which included this gem.
    Lady Gaga's music and image has been influenced by the likes of David Bowie, Fred Mercury from Queen, Michael Jackson, Madonna and Gwen Stefani. In her latest video set to the music "Telephone," Lady Gaga along with Beyonce presents an array of images of androgyny and hyper femininity in her narrative that begins with doing time in a women's prison. In this video that refers to the film Thelma and Louise, Lady Gaga weaves a tale of poisoning Beyonce's repulsive boyfriend as well as the other patrons of the restaurant, and then proceeds to drive off in the sunset with Beyonce.

For your paper, discuss some of the details of popular culture that the video is incorporating and argue what does Lady Gaga's pastiche of popular culture do for her audience. (Britney Spear's video of "One More Time" for example). How does her audience understand these controversial images that border on the obscene? What is the significance of including Beyonce in the music video? In your opinion, is Lady Gaga a feminist in her surreal play of images that involve lesbianism in her music video? Or is re-inscribing misogynistic views of women?

Does your teacher understand the difference between music and film?

Aneurhythmia on
  • DamnItCohaagenDamnItCohaagen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yes?

I'm feeling a bit dense as i'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

DamnItCohaagen on
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of Lady Gaga.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/parents-complain-about-lack-of-warnings-at-lady-gaga-concert/story-e6frf9hf-1225842563872

Dumb parent shocked at the fact that a woman that sings about adult subjects has an adult show!

Why won't everyone else be a parent for me?!!

Artreus on
    edited March 2010

Yes?

In your opinion, is Lady Gaga a feminist in her surreal play of images that involve lesbianism in her music video? Or is re-inscribing misogynistic views of women?

All of the points mentioned in the prompt are facets of the video, directed by someone who is not Lady GaGa.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

i would pick that topic and be as scathing and aggressive as possible

because i think that video is dumb as hell and artistically next to worthless, and the idea that there is any significance in the video at all offends me as a human and president of my local anime/music club

also, 'what is the significance of including beyonce?' uhhhh

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited March 2010
    Houk wrote: »

Boobs.

Blake T on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    IT'S MOTHERFUCKIN BEYONCE

- my paper

pillow on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    blake's paper was the rough draft

pillow on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Houk wrote: »

Boobs.
    between that and her singing part of the song, we got this paper locked down

Houk the Namebringer on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yes?

In your opinion, is Lady Gaga a feminist in her surreal play of images that involve lesbianism in her music video? Or is re-inscribing misogynistic views of women?

All of the points mentioned in the prompt are facets of the video, directed by someone who is not Lady GaGa.

i would be very surprised if lady gaga did not get to approve each and every idea in her music videos

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    My paper was the best paper pillow you shut your mouth.

Blake T on
This discussion has been closed.