As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Weather for PAX Weekend

SirCuddlezSirCuddlez Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in PAX Archive
I'm guessing everyone here is just as excited for PAX next weekend as I am. As you go into this next week you're probably thinking of what to pack. I just checked out the weather and it looks like there's a chance for rain next weekend (10% Friday and 30% Saturday). Also the temperature will be in the range of 45-50 for the weekend so if you plan on exploring the city more than just PAX then a light jacket might be in order (depending on temperature tolerance).

Look forward to seeing you all next weekend!

Edit: I'm going to try to update the post once a day (as the predictions get better).

Up to date weather as of 3/24 at 9:52 PM
Friday: 42, AM Showers (70% Chance of Rain)
Saturday: 40, Mostly Sunny (0% Chance of Rain)
Sunday: 53, Mostly Cloudy (0% Chance of Rain)

SirCuddlez on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    We're still a week out on this forecast, so I wouldn't take precision stock in it, but we can reasonably assume something in that ballpark right now. Granted, I wouldn't mind too much if that forecast completely changes in the next few days, but I won't be holding my breath.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SirCuddlezSirCuddlez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I would really like the weather to be like it is this weekend. It's been BEAUTIFUL the past few days but I guess I can't have everything I want.

SirCuddlez on
  • MALACHEMALACHE Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    As a lifelong New Englander one phrase comes to mind.... "You don't like the weather in New England ??? .... Wait a minute!"

MALACHE on
  • SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pax should've been this weekend! its be great out all week! even took the dogs to the beach yesterday. its a lil breezy right now, but i'll take this over a snowstorm or even all the rain we got last weekend.

SpYkMo on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MALACHE wrote: »
    As a lifelong New Englander one phrase comes to mind.... "You don't like the weather in New England ??? .... Wait a minute!"

You should try traveling around a bit. People say that everywhere that doesn't have a consistent tropical climate.

NotASenator on
  • Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, honestly, wait a few more days before even thinking about checking the weather, and even then take it with several grains of salt.

Andrew Tatro on
  • TheBluebirdTheBluebird Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    SirCuddlez wrote: »
    Also the temperature will be in the range of 45-50 for the weekend so if you plan on exploring the city more than just PAX then a light jacket might be in order (depending on temperature tolerance).

A light jacket for 45-50 degrees? Lordy, I'm coming from Texas. I'll be in a shirt, sweater, jacket, gloves, hat... :lol:

TheBluebird on
    edited March 2010
    After coming out of this winter, 50 is practically a heat wave

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• krztovkrztov Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    whats crazy is its 70 out here in Boston right now. got all the windows open, its a good day :)

krztov on
  • def PDdef PD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This week has been awesome.

Hopefully next week pans out just the same. I love drinking/insert your favorite activity here in Boston when it's nice out.

def PD on
    This is why we can't have nice things!
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i'm arriving tomorrow, when the temp is supposed to drop by 20 degrees and sun turn to rain. i really want a sunny pax, as in sunny for all of pax. i can't remember the last time that happened. 09 started off nice, but was pouring by saturday. 06 was honestly the last time i can remember being all sunny.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    45-50 and rain? Welcome to Seattle!

Oh, wait...

That's pretty much what I'm used to so it doesn't bother me. Though I do miss the weekend of PAX06 that was like 90 degrees...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For those of us who live outside the US and have long since abandonned Imperial units, 50 Deg F= 10 Degrees C. In other words, it'll be a bit 'parky'.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Mr DevilMr Devil Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    It's been beautiful this past week here in South Jersey. I'm hoping for a clear and warm day when I get my road trip going on Wednesday.

Can't wait!!

Mr Devil on
    GamePlasma (Unbiased Gaming Coverage, Check us out!
    http://www.gameplasma.com
  • gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    i'm arriving tomorrow, when the temp is supposed to drop by 20 degrees and sun turn to rain. i really want a sunny pax, as in sunny for all of pax. i can't remember the last time that happened. 09 started off nice, but was pouring by saturday. 06 was honestly the last time i can remember being all sunny.

Be lucky PAX East wasn't last weekend, when most of the Boston area had some form of flooding after getting 7-9+ inches of rain over 72 hours.

Best bet is check around Wed. That's probably close enough to get a good idea. Further out then that and it turns more into a crap shoot.

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Lugh LamfhadaLugh Lamfhada Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I declare that there shall be a blizzard starting on tuesday and lasting until the thursday of the week after! Thus have I spoken!

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
    WHY IS THERE SO MUCH VOMIT IN THIS HAT?!
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Im sad, its raining all day the day I arrive (Monday)

ZeroHourHero on
  • mydunpealmydunpeal Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    45 degrees? are you joking me? I'm going to be just as if not as cold as I was in Seattle. Great...

mydunpeal on
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    mydunpeal wrote: »
    45 degrees? are you joking me? I'm going to be just as if not as cold as I was in Seattle. Great...

Pfft, 45 degrees for me is spring jacket/wind breaker with shorts on. Love it.

MagnifiedX on
    edited March 2010
    mydunpeal wrote: »

Don't let the sky here you complain! It will bring forth snow!

*hiss!*

gilby123 on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Since this has posted next weekend has changed from rainy to sunny in 2 days. Its always best to check the weather 2-3 days out.

Just bring a jacket and pants just in case guys. :)

An umbrella wouldn't hurt either if you're the type to be prepared.

Rdr on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    krztov wrote: »
    whats crazy is its 70 out here in Boston right now. got all the windows open, its a good day :)

Well.. at least we don't have to worry about air conditioning costs... *turns hotel room thermostat to high*...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • TennbergTennberg Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Latest forecast is:

Friday: 47, partly cloudy
    Saturday: 44, partly cloudy
    Sunday: 47, partly cloudy

As long as there is no rain, it'll be good. We're still drying out from the torrential rain we got last week.

Tennberg on
    edited March 2010
    The weather's about the same here right now. I can deal with 40s with a jacket or hoodie. Though 60 would be nicer.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SirCuddlezSirCuddlez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I knew the prediction would probably change but I just thought it'd be nice for people to be aware of what the forcast is since they're probably starting to think about packing. I'm also going to update the original post and try to keep it updated with the up to date forcast.

SirCuddlez on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Keep in mind also that the weather inside will be a constant temperature and always sunny. ;) Good to know the forecast for bar hopping and food runs though, thanks!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited March 2010
    Liger wrote: »
    Keep in mind also that the weather inside will be a constant temperature and always sunny. ;) Good to know the forecast for bar hopping and food runs though, thanks!

I dunno...does the glow from screens and florescent lighting count as "sunny?" :mrgreen:

gilby123 on
  • 50 More Trash50 More Trash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Montreal is about 5 hours away from Boston... and we had snow yesterday... let us all hope that the East coast can get its weather together (rhyming!) by this Friday...

50 More Trash on
  • Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And now it claims to be clear the whole weekend although somewhat cold. The only truly reliable weather information in New England is obtained by looking out a window.

Andrew Tatro on
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i'm coming from florida.
    if the weather is below 65 i'm bundled up and shivering.

you damn people and your cold weather.

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    MALACHE wrote: »

You should try traveling around a bit. People say that everywhere that doesn't have a consistent tropical climate.

Eh, there's been almost a 30-degree change in temp from Saturday to today.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • 50 More Trash50 More Trash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man... I cannot follow this conversation... stupid Imperial temperature systems...

If I'm not mistaken, Boston has a similar but less harsh version of Montreal weather... Montreal has about a 70 degree discrepancy between its summer highs and its winter lows (celcius)... -35 to 35... in fahrenheit... that'd be... -31 F to 95 F... so... 126 degrees difference... wow.

That being said... the Boston high is supposed to be about 5 (C) or 41 (F) on Friday (courtesy: The Weather Network) but at least sunny... so bring a coat! And showing up before 10:00 am will be silly... since waiting outside would suck.

50 More Trash on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Boston weather is definitely different from Montreal. We do not often see days below 0F nor do we see it snow for days on end. When it was below 0 in Montreal it was in the 20s in Boston, that's a big difference. We also don't see too many days in the mid 90s.

VisionOfClarity on
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like $10 hoodie from Walmart weather! Cheap, keeps you warmish, and doesn't warrant more that a shrug and a meh if you lose it somewhere!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • agentmobiusagentmobius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    45-50 and rain? Welcome to Seattle!

Oh, wait...

That's pretty much what I'm used to so it doesn't bother me. Though I do miss the weekend of PAX06 that was like 90 degrees...

What he said.

40s and 50s are perfect to me now. Anything over 60 has me a bit irritated.

And to think, I've only been living in Seattle six months and was in Los Angeles before...

agentmobius on
    edited March 2010
    I am hoping it'll be in the 40s or 50s but with no rain. I wouldn't mind overcast but rain..ew :(

Rdr on
  • agentmobiusagentmobius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Light rain wouldn't be so bad.

It's really wind that gets to me. Makes me feel as though I haven't got any clothes on sometimes. :/

agentmobius on
  • realisticradicalrealisticradical Durham, NCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love the current 10-Day forecast: Thursday 55-deg, Friday 38-deg, Saturday 46-deg, Sun 52-deg.

realisticradical on
    edited March 2010
    I love the current 10-Day forecast: Thursday 55-deg, Friday 38-deg, Saturday 46-deg, Sun 52-deg.

Well in Memphis it went from 70 high(sat) to 38 high(sun) and today's high is 54(but its really 43) and tomorrow back to 70.

Rdr on
  • MonaziteMonazite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am planning on bringing my trenchcoat, scarf and gloves. Maybe a second pair of pants. But I'll have to play it by ear. All I know is one of the days (either Fri or Sat) I will be wearing my mini kilt. But it will be perfect for taking pictures outside.

Monazite on
This discussion has been closed.