As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[360] You have added the maximum number of points to your Microsoft Points balance ?!

mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER]Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Has anyone ever seen this message before? After paying for a few downloadable TV shows and both of the two new Xbox Live Arcade games today, I have 750 points left. The new Rainbow Six Vegas map pack is 800 points.

When I try to add more points to my account, using a card attached to a demand deposit account with a current balance of over $1k, and using ANY of the MS Points denominations they offer (starting with 5000 and going down from there) I get the same message each time:

Xbox Live Marketplace

You have added the maximum
number of points to your
Microsoft Points balance. You can
use your points to download new
items from Xbox Live Marketplace.

OK

Has anyone seen that before? Temporary problem? Problem affecting only me?

MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
mspencer on

• Options
    Abdul the TerribleAbdul the Terrible Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man you're buying too much!

Microsoft just isn't into capitalims!

Abdul the Terrible on
    Ashban1.jpg
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man you're buying too much!

Microsoft just isn't into capitalism!

Hahaha...

Iriah on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sounds bugged.... Have you tried buying the map pack with only 750 points? This could be a Good Thing.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's probably some kind of failsafe for the possibility of a fraudulent credit card or something similar, so they don't get screwed in the long run if someone buys 200,000 points and redeems them on someone else's card. It will probably clear up tomorrow or you could call customer support.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    PutnumPutnum Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Perhaps there's a set limit that you can buy each month or something, to stop dodgy shop staff from using them all at once, or thiefs, or stuff... I dunno, just an idea =)

Putnum on
    Jesus Harold Ramis Christ was your sig too huge. 500x80 plzkthx.
    -- <3, Echo
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    You should be calling Microsofts talented Indian call center for help.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    The cap for MS FunBucks is at 10,000 pts. Sounds like you're glitched. Call MS at 800-4MY-XBOX and report it.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No, I've never gotten that and I've purchased approximately 70% of the XBLA/DLC available. Seriously over 300 dollars worth I'm guessing.

I cannot, however, get Video Marketplace to work. Since I don't really care I haven't bothered to call them about it yet.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just called and spoke with a rep (who spoke slightly accented English but had a pretty good sense of humor -- probably not Indian) and he looked into it. He says they are doing some maintenance on their billing system, so I should try adding points again on April 24th. (!!!)

I asked if I could add points by buying a points card at retail and entering the code, and he said that won't work either.

I asked if that specific date was calculated from a date I bought points recently (thinking that they only allow, say, 20,000 points per two months or something) and he said it wasn't. He mentioned that he thought I would be able to try again on 4/19 but it turns out I'll have to wait until 4/24.

I'm speculating now, but it does sound like there's a bug that's affecting only some Xbox Live Marketplace users, but there's a code update going live (pardon the pun) on 4/24 that will fix the problem. I don't know.

Let's not lock this just yet -- I'm curious to see if other people have the problem.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This is all just a devious scheme to get me to buy more Microsoft Points for delicious DLC. You know, "just to test things out." And here there are wonderfully overpriced Guitar Hero tracks for me! Sweet!

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    Just Like ThatJust Like That Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    They are using the strategy seen in the South Park episode "Cartmanland", where they increase demand for a product by telling people they can't have it. Brilliant!

Just Like That on