As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WORLD CUP/Soccer] World Cup starts tomorrow June 11th 9am!!!

• CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man what a fucking boring game

Cristo on
  • CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FABREGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Cristo on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That is awesome.

I feel so stupid, I was in Melbourne the day before for work, and said "You know what, I don't think Sydney can do this, I'll go home and save the money."

I then, got in a car and drove for four hours putting myself out of internet and Foxtel range...

Fool!

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
  • Bag of AdjectivesBag of Adjectives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ahhhh Muscat. It's been a long time since the universe extracted it's revenge against a cunt that miserable in such an appropriate and gratifying fashion. Terry's miss in the 08 CL final comes to mind.

Bag of Adjectives on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So , anyone interested in mls fantasy through espn again this year ? they haven't put the game up yet but i assume thats just cause of the strike threat. I will set up a league again and will most likely need Email addresses again, but will wait to see.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Draeven wrote: »
    So , anyone interested in mls fantasy through espn again this year ? they haven't put the game up yet but i assume thats just cause of the strike threat. I will set up a league again and will most likely need Email addresses again, but will wait to see.

I would be down. It will be interesting with the world cup this year.

projectmayhem on
  • ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Messi played a wonderful game yesterday. He seems to be in his best form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sLSkbo7cpo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4hQuJcESE
    PS: Guardiola is not balding anymore. He is now officially bald.

Arenow on
    steam_sig.png
  • Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just got back from a vacation; catching up on the football news...
    Arikado wrote: »

This is AWESOME.
    pots+pans wrote: »
    Phil Brown out
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/8567985.stm
    Hull City manager Phil Brown has been relieved of his duties at the KC Stadium and put on gardening leave. Assistant boss Brian Horton and Steve Parkin will take charge of the Tigers' first-team until further notice.

After Saturday's last-gasp defeat by Arsenal, Hull are second from bottom of the Premier League and three points adrift of safety, with nine games left.

Chairman Adam Pearson revealed the club's board felt it had to act now to try to keep Hull in the top flight. In a statement, Pearson said: "Retention of Premier League status is paramount and the board believes that a change in managerial direction is the correct option at this time.

"The club will keep supporters completely up-to-date in respect of any managerial appointment but, in the meantime, Brian Horton and Steve Parkin will prepare the team for our important game at Portsmouth next Saturday."

Brown took charge at Hull in December 2006 and led the Tigers into the top flight for the first time in their history in 2008.

They made an impressive start to life in the Premier League but a poor run of results in the second half of the season - after Brown's infamous on-pitch, half-time team talk during a Boxing Day defeat by Manchester City - meant they did not secure their survival until the last day of the campaign.

This season has proved just as tough and the weekend defeat by the Gunners means Hull are deep in relegation trouble after losing their last four games.

:(
    DEMPSEY

:)
    evilbob wrote: »

The goalkeeper's reaction to this is excellent!

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Buddy, you should change your av/sig to Bullard in the shower.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Back in 2006, I was all like "this little Messi kid, who is he, he scares the shit out of me."

Still does.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow. Messi. Wow. Wow. Oh my. Wow.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My girlfriend and I sat down and watched the Zargoza v. Barca match last night. We were both suitably impressed with Mr. Messi. We were also appalled at how awful Ibrahimovich was... the score could have been much more embarrassing for Zargoza, had Ibra been able to finish anything.

oldmanken on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't get why they dealt for him. IMO he doesn't fit with Barca's style - his movement off the ball just isn't that good.

Yougottawanna on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It gives them a Plan B. If the Barca/Arsenal style aren't working for them, they can just lob the ball up to him and he can potentially do some damage. Unfortunately for Barca, he just isn't able to finish anything right now.

We also noticed how much he slows them down. He was always taking a touch to many, and then leaving himself with fewer options. He needs to be kept off the pitch until Barca are having trouble, because he fucks their game up so much. If not for Messi, Barca would not be doing as well this season.

oldmanken on
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ibra, couldn't help a starving man finish a hotdog. I swear to god.

(For us playing in Australia, that line is reserved for the excitement machine, Brett Holman, who I have heard scores goals, but I have never seen any physical evidence...)

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Melbourne got thumped 4-0 by Kawasaki Frontale tonight.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• ArenowArenow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oldmanken wrote: »
    It gives them a Plan B. If the Barca/Arsenal style aren't working for them, they can just lob the ball up to him and he can potentially do some damage. Unfortunately for Barca, he just isn't able to finish anything right now.

We also noticed how much he slows them down. He was always taking a touch to many, and then leaving himself with fewer options. He needs to be kept off the pitch until Barca are having trouble, because he fucks their game up so much. If not for Messi, Barca would not be doing as well this season.
    I agree, it was clear that the entire team was trying to make him score, giving unnecessary assists all the time, but he just couldn't make it. Feels strange because for the firsts 3 months Ibra was scoring in every game, now he hardly ever does. It's very frustrating. At least he tries though, which is more than Henry has been doing this season.

Arenow on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    OK MLS league is a go, just create or use your existing Espn account should be free to create, go to fantasy, and find the mls tab, create your team and then go find Penny Arcade in the league menu. Still missing some key players like Donnovon or kljestan.
    name of league : Penny Arcade
    Password : Wang

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited March 2010
    Arikado on
    edited March 2010
    Joined. I'm top already may as well just declare me the winner now.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited March 2010
    thanks for the link arikado, that would be exactly correct. As we have proven once again im a moran :D

Draeven on

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not having Donovan the day before the start of the season kind of messes up that fantasy league huh?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited March 2010
    Kinda, but its not like hes gonna be playing in more then 12 games before the start of the WC , so its a wash really, I was just hoping to pick up Kljestan, cause something tells me hes not making the WC roster.

Draeven on

edited March 2010
    I thought the MLS was taking a World Cup break like everyone else?

Arikado on
    edited March 2010
    It is, but only for 2 weeks. So i don't know, just know the WC roster could impact some players in MLS.

Draeven on

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    maybe we should use www.mfls.com?

It's more like the epl fantasy.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    edited March 2010
    maybe we should use www.mfls.com?

It's more like the epl fantasy.

I wouldnt be opposed, however that site is raping my eyes :)

projectmayhem on
    edited March 2010
    haha yeah it is kinda 1996 looking, but that's the point!

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited March 2010
    On the thought of using mlfs, im still gonna be donig espn so if someone would like to start the pa league on mlfs id join there. My only issue is it seems kinda clunky and not very intuitive.

Draeven on

edited March 2010
    Mowbray has left Celtic.

I'm not really surprised but then again I don't really understand the latter stages of the Scottish PL. Cups do seem a way bigger deal over there than anywhere else.

Arikado on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oldmanken wrote: »

Plan B Schlman B

Barcelona is good IMO because they throw everything they have into their plan A: a team full of ballplaying midgets passing circles around the opposition.

So I guess I see why they signed Ibra, I just don't agree with it.

Yougottawanna on
    edited March 2010
    So I've been trying to find it on the mlsnet.com site.

Where can I sign up for the streaming video for matches this year?

projectmayhem on
    edited March 2010
    Not sure, I think they might have done something with ESPN 360.

Arikado on
    edited March 2010
    Fantasy MLS made
    http://www.mfls.com/index.php?Page=top
    Division: Penny Arcade MFLS
    Password: wang

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited March 2010
    Well shits.

New website btw.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/

Just checked espn360. Sadly, my isp is not supported. I wish there was a way to just buy a subscription.

projectmayhem on
    edited March 2010
    mls
    soccer?

followed by

atmmachine.com

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png