As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What did YOU get/buy?

RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in PAX Archive
I didn't get much, but I did buy a lovely set of new D&D dice that I needed. And although I got it for free, I attained the Pokemon HG/SS bag. I feel like such a cool cat. My friends bought some card game that I can't remember the name of. It was silly and one of those games you'd play with your friends at two in the morning.

So, PAX Easters - what did you get/buy?

RainbowTunnel on

• ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I haven't picked up much yet at PAX proper, but I have bought a ton of booze, and I won an XKCD 'Map of the Internet' poster at the Barfleet party last night. w00t.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • IceHawk79IceHawk79 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Bought a
    "Save a raid, hug the wall" t-shirt.

Bought a WoW mount card. (Not the etheral Tiger :( )
    and some buttons.

Was so worth the money.

IceHawk79 on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bought JoCos dvd to have him sign since I left my copy at home. Bought paul n storms cd to get them to sign. That's about it - I did pick up pokemon heartgold yesterday too.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We got our awesome BYOC goodie bags. My wife won a copy of Metro 2033 from the Oregon Trail contest. We bought a couple shirts, scarves, and a hoodie. Otherwise, some Turbine points, and random crap from different companies (marketing stuff). Edit: and a free game from Telltale. Not sure which yet... Monkey Island, perhaps?

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Didn't get too much, just the obligatory PAX East tshirt (in grey) and the "Insert Coin" tshirt. Snagged a few cool buttons along the way.

Gundabad on
  • baelionbaelion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    grabbed the new frontalot sshirt, an anamanaguchi cd signed, and a protomen cd. they complained that i wanted them to sign my program though.

speaking of, i got gabe tycho and khoo signed on the cover, which is pretty awesome.

picked up a plushy maw and some dice too. wanted a scarf but someone told me they'd sold out well before they did. by the time i checked i didn't have the money to spend.

baelion on
    Masters Degree Student: PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT NERDCORE
    Twitter
    Lord help me, I chose !Squirtle
    munkeefish.png
  • d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Waited 2 hours to get the skate deck, alienware shirt and bag, Munchkin expansion
    aaaaand

the intel procssor!!!! I'm satisfied

got the deck signed by Gabe, Tycho, and Khoo after the closing ceremonies!

d3c0y on
  • atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got 2 PAX East scarves, countless shirts, a box of Worldwake, numerous business cards, and lots of assorted stuff.

atiari on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    we got in earlier on friday and missed the keynote barely (my friend got in). i nabbed a skateboard after standing in line for a few minutes. at this time it wasn't too bad line-wise. i got a shitton of stickers from rockstar, skate 3, anamanguchi, and rock band. i got a few APB shirts and one of the free pokemon backpacks. also a shirt from THE GIG's smokey van.
    i bought a few things: pax east shirt (grey), glover for the N64, jet grind radio (STILL IN PACKAGING? came with two manuals for no reason), a "ask me about my zombie plan" shirt from rooster teeth, and a splosion man shirt from the twisted pixel booth. i also got an anamanaguchi CD and had them sign it, and i high-fived the lead guitarist after he signed my arm.

overall i got a great haul :D

Local H Jay on
  • insidiousinsidious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Move Minor Standard shirt.

insidious on
  • Fat_IdiotFat_Idiot __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Norovirus..

Fat_Idiot on
    wat
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fat_Idiot wrote: »
    Norovirus..

I hope you're joking. If not, fluids and bed rest. Hope you get feeling better.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AhkhiraAhkhira Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did not buy anything. I made over $250 selling assorted jank MTG cards to Star City. If anyone bought trashed Aether Vials or really beat Tops, I bet they were mine.

Ahkhira on
    Find me at the Magic: The Gathering events!
  • grkpektisgrkpektis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only thing I bought was mega64 season 1. I got code that lets me download battlefield BC2 for free, a code to get $20 off any EA game, 3 t-shirts (APB, red dead redemption and crank that s#!t up)

grkpektis on
  • DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only thing I bought was a PAXEast t-shirt. I didn't see as many vendors selling video games. I was a bit surprised.

I got various swag and won a very nice Chun-li controller at the Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting tournament.

Darkshowers on
    Ds3hsEH.png
  • DFM56DFM56 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Won a set of 3d vision glasses at the "3d" bad company 2 tournament!

More of a curse than anything though, since I'll have to drop $1500 on my PC to get it ready to use them, but the end result will be worth it :D

Other than that I got a ton of shirts and a rather nice ceramic Intel mug.

DFM56 on
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alrighty then!
    - Through the Intel Prize Patrol thing, I got 2 LED pens, a large "Life's a Glitch" shirt, and a sling bag.
    - I bought 3 little Cthulhu plushes (1 for me, 1 for one friend, and 1 for another friend).
    - I bought Paul and Storm's newest CD.
    - I bought Anamanaguchi's CD and got a few free stickers.
    - I bought a panel from Bill Amend.
    - I bought a mini-comic and a 3-pack of buttons (for a friend ... the buttons, not the comic) from Loading Ready Run.
    - I got an iron-on from the red-suited Doctor Horrible.
    - I got a deck of Magic cards (in the swag bag, like everyone else).
    - I got a Rockstar sticker.
    - I got a Reddit alien thingy made from beads at a little Tweetup I went to.
    - And finally ... I got 2 buttons from Scott Kurtz.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Bought a Skull plush from Kurtz, got a PAX shirt and then Munchkin with expansion 4 (free) and 6.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    First and foremost, I think I collected around 10,000 watts for the pokewalker this weekend by going around connecting with people. It seemed like I was linking up at least once every 5 minutes the entire weekend. I wanted to buy an Anamanaguchi T-shirt but they were sold out of my size when I finally got around to it. I did, however pick up some sweet stickers from them as well as a signed CD. I got the obligatory free t-shirts from Boston College and Power Gig. The Power Gig T has a funny story behind it. I just came from the Openchord.org booth where I picked up a button so I was asking the rep the difference between the two. I feel kinda bad because he seemed to give me a T-shirt just to get me out of there. What perhaps was the best swag I got all trip was winning the PA book in one of the line contests.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anamanaguchi t-shirts sold out when I went to get some :(
    Hmmm...I bought 2 PA shirts and a poster. Tons of free shirt swag.
    Best item get? 3rd place medal for Mario Kart DS :D

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • FlaccusFlaccus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PA 11.5 Book signed by Mike Jerry Khoo and Kiko
    Frontalot poster signed by front
    VGO poster signed by them all

an open chord thingy (really excited, going to show it to my Circuits teacher then hook it up to my Fender)

I got a bunch of free stuff, pokemon bag, stickers, pins and a free game of that WW2 strategy game

Flaccus on
  • GHoooSTSGHoooSTS Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    - Pax East, QCF+P, Castle Crashers and Marcus' Corner T Shirts
    - Green Knight figure
    - Lots of MTG cards, Duel Decks, Boxes, etc.
    - Pentago
    - Werewolves
    - Don't Rest Your Head

It was a nice haul.

GHoooSTS on
  • undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bought:

Zombie Dice
    Cthullu Dice
    Chez Cthullu

Swag:

3 shirts
    2 bags
    more flyers than I know what to do with
    CPU magazine
    A copy of Quadrago

Alas, I never have much money to buy stuff at the convention as I attend so many of them. Pax East is the seventh convention I've attended in this area since January, to give you an idea.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got signed CD/DVD's from Frontalot, Coulton, Paul & Storm. I also picked up a P&S Minion shirt.

macrogeek on
  • LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got a red vs blue mssenger bag with no strap. the martial power 2 book. 3 new sets of dice. The BFBC2 tshirt, rdr tshirt, and a jar of baconnayise which i traded to a guy for the shirt

Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • jar37jar37 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bought;

- Gray PAX East t-shirt
    - PAX East Scarf
    - 2nd Protomen CD; would have grabbed first too but they were packed up when I can back
    - Wife bought a JoCo shirt and got it signed
    - picked up the thumb drive with the Thing-a-Week

Schwag;

- Wife got free copy of Total War game (?not sure about the name, looked like online Risk)
    - Got from Intel booth; glowie pen, Anti-Social Networking shirt, free copy of Napoleon game (looked really good on their systems, hope my can run it that well, if not we're upgrading soon anyway)
    - free t-shirt and blowup swords from Dragon Age guy
    - ton of random buttons
    - Munchkin card game

jar37 on
  • pardimatepardimate Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well besides the usual swag, I waited all weekend with the Game On Intel pin, but never got a card. Then on Sunday, right after meeting the guys from XPlay and getting their autographs, a guy from Intel comes up and hands me a card, and tells me 'I think you'll like this one'. So I go downstairs and wait in line, thinking I'm getting a t-shirt, then the lady scans it and yells,

'Processor!!'

Sorry for the story, but it was friggin' awesome.

Also John Seggerson, very cool guy, gave me the complete series of Monkey Island.

pardimate on
    IL8kkvS.png
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They had Zombie and Cthulhu Dice for sale at some point?! God, I'm sorry I didn't go to the SJG booth 'til Sunday...

For myself:
    Skull the Troll plushie
    Signed copy of the first Starslip Crisis collection
    Move Minor Standard tee
    City of Heroes tee
    City of Heroes Hero Gear Kit
    Green APB tee (way too big for me, so woo, it's another pajama tee!)
    LOLbat and Retweet buttons
    Ugly American button (I don't know if they had different ones; mine had a leprechaun)
    Monster Slayer chit from the WotC booth
    Custom Magic card photo from one of the other WotC booths
    Munchkin Silver Piece

And of course all the stuff that was in the swag bags. Neat haul, but next year I'm setting way more money aside for souvenirs! I would've added a signed copy of Memories of the Future and a whole lot more to my list if I'd had the money (and the time to wait for Wil Wheaton).

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • SoyduckSoyduck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Between me and my husband, this is what we got ...

Freebies
    Pokemon Bag x 2
    Alienware shirt from winning a round of MW2
    APB shirt
    Zalman shirt
    Other random Zotec/Zalman goodies
    Napoleon Total War from Intel contest
    Unreal Tournament 3 from Intel contest
    Lord of the Rings Online soundtrack (signed)
    Munchkin Expansion Pack 4
    Planeswalker Cards

Purchases
    PAX East scarf
    PAX East shirt (ladies)
    "Button masher" shirt (ladies)
    Mother 3 Guide from Fangamer
    "Dark Omen" hoodie from Fangamer

Luckily, I was able to cram all of our stuff into my Keroppi backpack.

I also purchased a hamburger & fries from the main lobby buffet thing ... I was losing fortitude at that point and was completely revived ... awesome food.

Soyduck on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Were they giving out xbox live avatar clothing again? I've seen MajorNelson's hacked account pics and in them his guy is wearing what appears to be a PAXEast hoodie.

Anyone have spares? My avatar's PAX09 t-shirt is looking soooo last season right now.

John Matrix on
  • ReyemileReyemile Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bought a cup of dice.

Oddly, I ended up with 12d20 and only 1d8

Reyemile on
  • d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Were they giving out xbox live avatar clothing again? I've seen MajorNelson's hacked account pics and in them his guy is wearing what appears to be a PAXEast hoodie.

Anyone have spares? My avatar's PAX09 t-shirt is looking soooo last season right now.

Man... by the time I got the card and read what it was for, the guy was gone. I think they hired a ninja to pass those out.

d3c0y on
  • gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PaxEast Scarf and black shirt
    Internet Fuckwad shirt
    CTS statue
    Signed JoCo CD
    Few magic mini starters, two foil cards, a draft set online
    Civ notebook/pen
    Iphone cover
    code for copy of Heroes of M&M V
    bunch of other assorted little doo-dads and postcards.

One of the better things I "got" for the weekend, though, was having dinner with JoCo and Paul and Storm on Friday night, thanks to a friend. They're incredibly awesome guys and was happy to have met them all.

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I made out like a bandit. Until PAX I had a losing streak with any raffle that goes back to when I was a child. Now, not only did I win 2 raffles, but the people I was with one some as well.

I got:
    - an Antec Notebook Cooler 200 (raffle, costs about $60 on Amazon)
    - an Antec spot case fan
    - Patriot Box Office Media Center (raffle, costs about $90 on Amazon)
    - Tritton AX 720 Gaming Headset (raffle - wife won, costs about $130 on Amazon)
    - Skate 3 PAX East skate deck
    - a ton of shirts, buttons, stickers, hats, etc.
    - LotR Online Soundtrack

All free.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    - PAX East Scarf/Grey T-Shirt Combo
    - Greater Internet Dickwad Theory Shirt
    - PA 11.5 Anniversary Tome, signed
    - Dungeons and Dragons DM Bowling Shirt free from wizards for volunteering to run a D&D Learn to Play event at the last minute when the scheduled DM didn't show
    - A small cold
    - Great memories

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • alexsktbrdngalexsktbrdng Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Got some cool stuff but apparently missed out on lots more after reading this thread:

-Skate 3 Deck (the one with PAX East on it), best swag of the show IMO
    -Power Gig T-shirt
    -Poster from the Behemoth (Hope you like it)
    -Buttons from the Behemoth (overpriced a bit)
    -USB Bracelet from Berkley College (very cool!)
    -Gem from Puzzle Quest 2 booth (didn't find 2 others with my same color)
    -Shank Tattoo (and Sketch!)
    -Stickers (Skate 3, Red Dead, etc)
    -Irrational Games Buttons
    -Xbox live Pax East Avatar hoodie code

alexsktbrdng on
  • Asha'manAsha'man Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got the PAX Tshirt and scarf as well as some MTG singles. Otherwise my money was spent eating/drinking at various Irish pubs around Boston. The Lansdowne has some awesome food!

Asha'man on
    The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills.
    -Robert Jordan
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Don't know if it counts - but I also went home and immediately bought Shoot1UP after playing it at the show. Super super fun game I never would have played otherwise - can't wait for Grapple Buggy.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • itzmattuitzmattu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My coolest snag of the convention was the skate deck that had the custom illustration of PAX on it and the "Draw yourself here" circle on the bottom. I managed to get Tycho and the VGO to sign it on Saturday, then my wonderful girlfriend got Gabe to draw, well, Gabe's face in the circle and sign it on Sunday since I couldn't make it.

Can't wait to hang that bad boy up.

Otherwise I got some cool stickers from the Rockband Lounge, put those on my guitar cases. Got a wrist band from there as well, which was neat. Lastly I got a Monday Night Combat shirt which I am wearing right now. :]

itzmattu on
  • undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    They had Zombie and Cthulhu Dice for sale at some point?! God, I'm sorry I didn't go to the SJG booth 'til Sunday...

For myself:
    Skull the Troll plushie
    Signed copy of the first Starslip Crisis collection
    Move Minor Standard tee
    City of Heroes tee
    City of Heroes Hero Gear Kit
    Green APB tee (way too big for me, so woo, it's another pajama tee!)
    LOLbat and Retweet buttons
    Ugly American button (I don't know if they had different ones; mine had a leprechaun)
    Monster Slayer chit from the WotC booth
    Custom Magic card photo from one of the other WotC booths
    Munchkin Silver Piece

And of course all the stuff that was in the swag bags. Neat haul, but next year I'm setting way more money aside for souvenirs! I would've added a signed copy of Memories of the Future and a whole lot more to my list if I'd had the money (and the time to wait for Wil Wheaton).

Zombie Dice and Cthullu Dice were on sale (in very limited quantities) at the Complete Stragetis booth on the second floor. They actual release date isn't until later in the year, though, so you'll have to wait if you didn't get one.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
This discussion has been closed.