As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2010 Photo Collection

• LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loweryi wrote: »
    crimsong19 wrote: »
    Yup! Except I only decided to cosplay her because Vanille and I happen to have the same hair color. She's from Final Fantasy XIII (which I haven't played yet), and unfortunately I've heard that she's got an annoying voice and character. Ah well, hopefully I wasn't!

My friend was from the Silent Hill series, as Pyramid Head. I totally recommend the series (specifically the second one) because it's an amazing game! Sakura was Street Fighter and the welder splicer was Jacob Norris from BioShock 2 Multiplayer. :)

And if you managed to set up a cosplay photo shoot around PAX time next year, I'm sure a ton of people would show up, including me and my friends again. There were plenty of awesome cosplays this year, and as PAX East continues and gets better, I'm sure only more cosplayers will come!
    My friend got a snap of you ... and Pyramid Head ... :)
    25334_381610609379_503584379_3520349_3963422_n.jpg

Oh, that's so awesome! Thanks!

And another great thank you goes out to all the other cool people who said they'd post pics and/or complimented our cosplays. It's very much appreciated! :)

pyramid head costume was awesome! i saw your group walking around the halls a bunch. didn't snap any photos though :/ really well done costumes, you look super cute as vanille, if you don't mind me saying </blush>

A-aww thank you so much! Haha I am so unused to all these compliments, but now that I feel confident that my cosplaying skills aren't complete crap, I may opt for something more challenging. :)

Loweryi on
  • badjujumanbadjujuman They call me Kotty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found myself in a picture!

26139_546472003883_32201304_3230517.jpg

Next PAX I really need to remember a camera...:P

badjujuman on
    "You wanna go Matrix?" - Kris Straub
    "Yeah, I wanna go Matrix." - Scott Kurtz
    (Scott Kurtz panel - PAX East 2010)
  • manaheimmanaheim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm actually kinda bummed I'm not seeing more pictures... wasn't there some "PAX Photo Brigade" thing? I was expecting to be absolutely flooded with shots.

manaheim on
    Chris Russo
    Gamer... photographer... lead monkey coordinator.
    Me: http://www.impeng.com
    G+: http://tinyurl.com/6vss2ah
    FB: http://tinyurl.com/8yek348
  • TragTrag boston, maRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Picture with my hero, Jerry :3
    jerryandiatpax.jpg

I was a little embarrassed when I offered my hand, I should have remembered the rules! But he was so kind enough, taking the time to take a picture with me!

Trag on
  • akiboshiakiboshi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll add mine as well
    4474870892_c012c11ea1_b.jpg

4474093469_9dcc0be8a4_b.jpg

4474869534_2c2a9bf272_b.jpg

4474869730_508700be3a_b.jpg

4474870028_c50d0ef809_b.jpg

4474869048_3dcc05ecfb_b.jpg

4474869294_cca7a990d2_b.jpg

4474091977_3a94669be9_b.jpg

akiboshi on
  • SoyduckSoyduck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    =Platinum= wrote: »
    Soyduck wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for sharing these awesome pictures! My friend got a great pic of him with Bayonetta. She was rocking that!
    Yes, I have to admit Soyduck that your husband did a supreme job for me! I am glad I got it! To the girl that dressed up as Bayonetta, you really did make my PAX 2010 since I am such a huge fan of this game. It was my first time going to PAX and a lot of my dreams came true. =)

dscf1491.jpg

Also a picture with me and Bayonetta!
    dscf1492q.jpg

I have an even better picture of Sessler. I made him wave after he was done scratching his eye!
    dscf1501.jpg

Haha, The Sessler will forever live on in our hearts. He was really going at it scratching his eyes. He must've been in awe of the PAX amazingness. Or us, haha.

To the person who is Bayonetta's friend ... that is amazing! She seemed like a cool chick and you guys must've put so much effort into her costume. Platinum, my husband, our friend, and I are really thinking about doing cosplay now because of your awesome influence.

Soyduck on
  • gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Haha yes, Sarah is a gorgeous girl :] It was hilarious trying to walk around the con with her, we'd get maybe ten feet before we'd stop for a picture, which would invariably turn into 20 minutes of picture-taking before we could walk another to feet, only to be stopped again. She didn't mind at all though, she was so flattered and happy that everyone liked her costume as much as they did.

She's putting some finishing touches on it this week and taking it to Anime Boston this weekend, so if you missed her at PAX, you can see her at AB looking even more amazing!

Was happy to see some folks snapped a few pictures so I could see what the fuss was about (apart from the L4D witch, was told Bayonetta was one of the best people saw there, though I suspect people may have been a little biased). The costume does look great. You two did a really awesome job. I'm sure it did make it tougher to get around, though! :)

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • manaheimmanaheim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I have to admit I'm kinda tempted to wear my Jedi Knight costume next time...

I'd post a picture it but it'd be kinda off topic since it's not at pax. :lol:

manaheim on
    Chris Russo
    Gamer... photographer... lead monkey coordinator.
    Me: http://www.impeng.com
    G+: http://tinyurl.com/6vss2ah
    FB: http://tinyurl.com/8yek348
    edited March 2010
    In case anyone wants to see another awesome pic of the Automata cosplay (not mine, though, but since it's off 4chan there's no one to really credit):
    AUTOMATAAA.jpg

Also, the rest of my group and I posing with the Isaac cosplayer!
    IsaacandUs.jpg

I love how he's a foot taller than us.

Loweryi on
  • gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow...that Automata is pretty awesome!

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • erin merin m Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Here's a couple of my favorites:

4474209497_0861888b03.jpg

4474990118_ba235fdc7a.jpg

The whole set of 40 lives here on Flickr. The second set I'm working on is a collection of portraits of people who were kind enough to pose for a few moments. Tomorrow!

erin m on
  • FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    In case anyone wants to see another awesome pic of the Automata cosplay (not mine, though, but since it's off 4chan there's no one to really credit):
    AUTOMATAAA.jpg

Ok, this is the best cosplay ever. Mystery cosplayer, I wish I would have seen you so that I could high five you and give you extra free cookies from the Cookie Brigade!

Facelesscog on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sadfaceman wrote: »
    TheScruple wrote: »
    sadfaceman wrote: »
    Here is my new Flickr account with my pictures from PAX. Most are from the Coulton Concert - I was front stage center with the red shirt on (not an enforcer) so I'm pretty happy with how some of them came out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sadfaceman/

and my favorite picture of PAX
    Joco Image

Haha, I was next to the "utilikilt wearing <silly goose>" as christened by Paul and Storm. Can't see me in the photo though (I'm short). My roommate is the skinny guy in the white shirt in front of him. The guy was a really cool dude overall, just a little on the loud side. He was an enforcer at this and past PAXes, told some cool stories. But still, utilikilt.

Yeah, talking to Mr. Utilikilt between sets, he did seem pretty chill. In fact, all of the enforcers that I ever talked to were always great people. They really make PAX such a better experience compared to a barrage of overworked and dispassionate people

Mr. Utilikilt was my favorite enforcer, QuickSnap. He's an absolutely swell guy. My friend and I took a picture with him on Saturday, before the concert: 24868721174044377106109.jpg

(I'm the one in the scarf. :B)

Also, hello forums! After attending PAXEast, I felt like I HAD to join the forums.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did anyone else see Chrono and Lucca?
    These guys had such awesome costumes for characters from my second favorite game!
    316x9jd.jpg

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited March 2010
    That Automata cosplay made me stop dead in my tracks and run over to take pictures.
    I want to know who it was and I will find them at the next PAX and hug them because they are amazing.

And hello to you, Propriety!
    I find it pretty awesome that Utilikilt actually is a cool guy and didn't take the "Utilikilt Wearing <silly goose>" comments to heart and just went along with it. He deserves lots of props.

Loweryi on
  • MassiveKnightMassiveKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Some pics

Chewbacca!
    DSCF8362.JPG

Fruit Fucker !
    DSCF8364.JPG

Bowser !
    DSCF8366.JPG

Bowser / Bulbusaur / Ditto and Sandshrew !
    DSCF8367.JPG

Sorry about the crappy quality

MassiveKnight on
  • m4v1sm4v1s Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sitting in pictochat in the queue room...
    DSCN1387.JPG

m4v1s on
  • kihukihu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My friend startling the witch... she kept in character the entire time, so awesome.

witch.png

pax1.png

pax3.png

pax4.png

I posted a few more over in the Costumes Thread.

kihu on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lot's of crossposted pics from the cosplay thread, but here's some of what I got on my iPhone

Sweetums:
    img0344ts.jpg

Totoro looks more dejected than usual because he* (*in this case she) had just redonned her costume and was having wardrobe malfunctions. Knowing several people were waiting to snap a picture she gave up and settled for a dejected pose. :)
    img0341ut.jpg

Zelda and Medli:
    img0335x.jpg

Cammy on duty in the main hallway:
    img0334wu.jpg

Morrigan and Sephiroth posing politely despite the GIGANTIC MASSIVE CROWD of paparazzi following them wherever they go:
    img0328x.jpg

Someone from a PS3 version of Dead Space walking around:
    img0320ii.jpg

Fruit Fucker was getting a lot of attention. The photo can't show it but he's gyrating those hips as any self respecting Fruit Fucker would:
    img0315ilk.jpg

Not sure who she was dressed as, and I was on the way to a panel so I couldn't stop for a better picture:
    img0299sh.jpg

The 18 foot tall Bayonetta that's been getting so much attention:
    img0313ir.jpg

Enforcers: "Who is in line for Wil Wheaton signatures?" <almost everyone raises their hand> "Who is here for Bill Amend?" <a decent handful of people raise their hands> "And who is here for Scott Kurz?" <one person raises their hand. Scott Kurz: "Fuck you all!" :lol:
    img0309d.jpg

Wil Wheaton signing next to Scott:
    img0311m.jpg

Good old half pony half monkey monster to please you:
    img0326v.jpg

This guy on the left seemed like a cool guy:
    img0331a.jpg

Bill Amend loves World of Warcraft so much he held it (and his 3 level 80 characters) largely responsible for switching Foxtrot to a once-a-week format:
    img0307v.jpg

Fun fun fun weekend.

wonderpug on
  • bassistbassist Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Wow, I expected this thread to be like 70 pages by now. The fact that it's not is the only reason I'm posting...! Come on, I know I saw a bunch of cameras, there's gotta be more high quality photos!

Here's a few I took with my phone -

1zyhson.jpg
    Metroid Metal

15ee96q.jpg
    VGO

351gy83.jpg
    My friend Chris (aka Spook) getting his tits signed by the Metroid Metal guys

29bfqcy.jpg
    The arcade freeplay room

i2n4ud.jpg
    The Alienware booth (if you want to call it just a booth) in the exhibition hall

14lh4s3.jpg
    More of the Alienware booth

eug4uv.jpg
    Me wearing these glasses that are going to blow up in 2-3 years (trust me)

25f82ki.jpg
    One of the Magic The Gathering booths/vendors in the hallway

j7598w.jpg
    Mega 64 booth

b49pir.jpg
    Online communities panel (just to give you an idea of attendance size for the SMALLER panels)

24ca8vo.png
    Self plug

v2zfjk.jpg
    Merch I bought over the weekend

125i16a.jpg
    Fine gentlemen of TheShizz I crashed with

If anyone was in the hallway on the third floor Saturday night and had to hear "woooaaAAAAGGGHHHH!!!" over and over again...I apologize on behalf of my friends

bassist on
  • runethomasrunethomas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Some pictures I took with my droid phone.
    IMAG0032.jpg
    Arcade room

IMAG0042.jpg
    Waiting in line for VGO

IMAG0043.jpg
    During one of the concerts, I don't remember which one.

IMAG0065.jpg
    cm storm sentinel I won at the coolermaster booth.

IMAG0060.jpg
    ARGGGGGGHH!! (I'm in the green hoodie)

runethomas on
  • reyesdreyesd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just plain wrong on so many levels:
    4475534042_2845959f15.jpg

The rest of the set. I do apologize. Scroll back up to Bayonetta afterward and you'll feel better.

The rest of my PAX East photos

reyesd on
  • ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys. Sorry to make a topic about it. But does anyone have a picture of Neku and Joshua from Sunday? My friend was Joshua and we forgot to get pictures together and now we can't find any. She'd really like to see one, so if anyone has one, can you please send it? I know some people took pictures. Whether or not they're on the forum I don't know.

Thanks to anyone who can provide one. Sorry again for making a thread! I just can't seem to find one :/

ROFL on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I remember seeing a Neku on either Joystiq or Kotaku's pictures, probably the former, so check through their recent posts.

TheAggroCraig on
  • ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    well I saw me on Kotaku, but it's the Joshua thing I need haha. Joshua wants the pictures of us together, not just of me (if only it was that east.. kotaku would've finished that for me!)

ROFL on
  • makostrifemakostrife Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow, amazing pictures from the first PAX East event! Lovin' the Cosplayers (Vanille, Issac, the Ghostbusters!) Here's hoping we get some awesome potential like you guys shown at PAX West in Seattle this year! Even though last year I lost my iPhone at the very least I got it replaced, it won't stop me from going again!

makostrife on
  • katkamikatkami Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I uploaded more pics last night, here's a couple highlights:

4475211052_fe5e49a625.jpg

My personal favorite costume:

4474479479_e0d99d41fb.jpg

And apologies to whoever this is, but it's too funny not to share:

4474460217_6f242e2e0d.jpg

Here's a link to my collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/katkamin/collections/72157623723618108/

katkami on
  • mei0023mei0023 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did anybody get any pictures of the Cerberus Shepard cosplayer (myself)? I didn't get any pictures of myself, like a moron.

mei0023 on
    XBL: s0ph14 | Currently playing: Bioshock 2 | On tap: Ocarina of Time
  • [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Soyduck wrote: »
    [Haha, The Sessler will forever live on in our hearts. He was really going at it scratching his eyes. He must've been in awe of the PAX amazingness. Or us, haha.

To the person who is Bayonetta's friend ... that is amazing! She seemed like a cool chick and you guys must've put so much effort into her costume. Platinum, my husband, our friend, and I are really thinking about doing cosplay now because of your awesome influence.

That's so sweet of you guys! You should definitely try cosplaying. It's so rewarding and is a lot of fun. I've never done it before so I picked a simple one [the scout], and I didn't think it looked too impressive, but even then a lot of people stopped me for pictures and it felt great. Her costume did take a crazy amount of work but we had a lot of people helping out with it :]
    gilby123 wrote: »
    Was happy to see some folks snapped a few pictures so I could see what the fuss was about (apart from the L4D witch, was told Bayonetta was one of the best people saw there, though I suspect people may have been a little biased). The costume does look great. You two did a really awesome job. I'm sure it did make it tougher to get around, though! :)

Haha yes, it was hard to navigate the con, but it was totally worth it.

Also, mei, your costume was amazing!! I freaked out when I saw you. Mass Effect is one of my favorite games and you really nailed the Cerberus outfit. But I was too shy to ask to go up and take a picture with you xD

[egd] Succubus on
  • GoBOOMGoBOOM Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Here are my pics from PAX East.

And I'm a huge CTS fan so of course my favorite costume of PAX was:

IMG_1150.JPGIMG_1148.JPG

To this awesome Cardboard Tube Samurai, I ask, where was your cardboard tube?!

If there are any problems with the links or the pictures, please let me know.

GoBOOM on
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CoreyG wrote: »
    Some pictures of me with cosplayers. If you're in one and want it taken down let me know.

SnowbrosandPAXEast10065.jpg

SnowbrosandPAXEast10066.jpg

SnowbrosandPAXEast10039.jpg

SnowbrosandPAXEast10064.jpg

not me:
    SnowbrosandPAXEast10044.jpg

Whats up dude! I was playing Rockband with you on Saturday night. We had played Metallica Battery, and few others, I was the guy with the huge beard. Hope the rest of you time at PAX was well enjoyed like mine.

danielofthekings on
  • ChurchesWifeChurchesWife Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kind of just posting up in here with a plea to anyone with Harley pictures (because that's me one post above) if they could somehow get to me via either Twitter or email (ze@knucklesdawson.com), I'd be forever in your debt.

Sexual favors, make you dinner, blahblahblah.

ChurchesWife on
    Call me Ze.

achievementhunter.com/ChurchsWife
    Twitter.com/ChurchesWife
  • Stick32Stick32 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I made a public album on Facebook to upload all my photo's to. I'll warn you though the photo's were taken with my Iphone and it wasn't until halfway through the event I realized the lens was smudged something awful....

Though I did get some nice shots of the crowd during RE: Your Brains. Also I learned always bring a REAL camera to preserve your cherished memories.

Stick32 on
  • spitfishspitfish Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Here's my Facebook album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045252&id=29103699&l=f30aab0063

The cameras not the best but it did the job. PM if you want any higher resolution images.

spitfish on
  • Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    spitfish wrote: »

The cameras not the best but it did the job. PM if you want any higher resolution images.

Oh wow, there was a Batman?

Tal!n on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    I thought it would be a good/cool idea to have a thread where we post our photo uploads, be it links to albums, inline images (remember to follow rules of posting such things), etc.

I have personally created a facebook album that should be completely openly viewable to anyone here.

Post your pictures, guys!

This is me doing my best Khoo impression:
    notakhoo.jpg

NotASenator on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AUTOMATAAA.jpg

This is the greatest. Truly amazing. Do you think he looks just above the blue lights, how does it work?

John Matrix on
    edited March 2010
    AUTOMATAAA.jpg

This is the greatest. Truly amazing. Do you think he looks just above the blue lights, how does it work?

I have no idea how it works. I'm just going to go ahead and pretend he's actually a robot.
    Or if he is on these forums, he could spoil the magic trick by telling us if he could actually see.

Loweryi on
  • krztovkrztov Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tal!n wrote: »
    spitfish wrote: »

Oh wow, there was a Batman?

lol yeah he was at the g4 xplay panel, blair herter called him out and said "id like to thank batman for showing up and taking time from his busy schedule fighting crime"

was pretty funny.

krztov on
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All of my pictures can be found here http://thecomedicvoid.com/photos/pax-east-2010/

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
This discussion has been closed.