As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Costumes '10?

• RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shiloh wrote: »
    @ Rainbow Tunnel, your witch was amazing! My wife asked did i want to get a picture with you, and at first I said yes, but then i remembered, "don't startle the witch..." and I also wondered how quickly your claws would rip open my armor, so I had to pass, but it was a great costume, and you played the role to a perfect "T"!

Ahh you should have taken a picture with me! I would have been overjoyed! I took one of you, anyway.

The Pikachu/Ash, whoever and wherever they may be: you have no idea how excited I got when I saw these two. Like no idea. I started jumping up and down like a little girl. I'm so glad I got a picture of them, too!

RainbowTunnel on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »
    Were you the 4th Doctor?!
    I was just wearing the scarf. There was a fantastic 4th Doctor cosplayer that I ran into, though.

My scarf was longer than his, though. :B

I don't know how long it was, but it's at least 14 foot.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    mei0023 wrote: »
    @ mei0023, I hope I am correct, but I believe i saw you on Sunday, your costume was very nicely done as well. Great job indeed.

Thanks! Were you the Gear? If so, you did an awesome job. And your son was a great sport about carrying the Lancer!

that i was, and thank you!

my son wasn't supposed to be there because of issues that he was having in school, so he though he had lost his chance to go, but at the last moments we let him go, but he was going to be the bearer of all gear, lancer boy, helm boy, backpack child, and anything eles we needed all weekend long...

I took the position of it's one thing to take pax from him if he's never been to pax... it's another to take it from him if he can see it, hear it, and taste it as its so close yet so very far away... needless to say the change in his attitude has been dramatic since we've been home and started making plans for next year. :winky:

Nice! It's always good to have a carrot on the end of a year-long stick. I spotted him and your wife in the Expo floor; she called out to him and said "Get over here with the gun!" and he took off like a bullet. The family that games together, stays together!

My fiance and I were traveling around together all weekend, and that little moment actually led us to talk about raising gamer kids of our own. It was heartwarming in such a geeky way.

If I remember right, I stopped you in the theater before the saturday night concerts got going and complemented you on your costume and earrings. Didn't get a picture though :( I think I saw one in one of the flickr albums posted, don't remember which one though.

zerzhul on
  • mei0023mei0023 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    zerzhul wrote: »
    If I remember right, I stopped you in the theater before the saturday night concerts got going and complemented you on your costume and earrings. Didn't get a picture though :( I think I saw one in one of the flickr albums posted, don't remember which one though.
    Were you the gent at the concert with a friend, standing slightly behind me and to my left on the concert floor? Maybe? (That's awfully specific, but my spatial memory seems to be sticking better than my facial memory -_-)

My fiance was reveling in all the compliments my earrings got--he bought them for me as a surprise. Smooth operator. 8-)

mei0023 on
    XBL: s0ph14 | Currently playing: Bioshock 2 | On tap: Ocarina of Time
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    To be honest, I was surprised that the Witch got through the weekend without needing a tetanus shot. I would not have gone barefoot around there.

NotASenator on
    edited March 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    To be honest, I was surprised that the Witch got through the weekend without needing a tetanus shot. I would not have gone barefoot around there.

My tetanus shot is up to date, so I was fine : P
    Actually the entire time I was thinking "oh man this is so unsanitary... oh well, build up the immune system."

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2010
    I was a haphazard moogle. Started to wear all white, but realized my shirt was too transparent.

I think I saw you, but from a distance. I didn't get a picture, sorry. :(

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2010
    Just as I promised, I dressed up as someone awesome looking.

NotASenator on
  • Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tf2vk.jpg

Sorry, photomerge wasn't perfect, as you can tell by some clipping on the doors.

Tal!n on
    edited March 2010
    Wait, Rainbow, you were the Witch? I had no idea. x3 I saw you tons of times, wondering how you were dealing with going barefoot. Shoulda took your picture as you were creeping along the wall all scarily.

Yupyupyup! Yeah at first the barefoot thing was awkward, but after awhile I got used to it. Built up enough dirt that I didn't notice, hur hur hur. (Gross).

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2010
    Tal!n wrote: »
    tf2vk.jpg

Sorry, photomerge wasn't perfect, as you can tell by some clipping on the doors.
    This whole group was brilliant, but the three in the middle--red sniper and scout, and blue spy--really nailed the attitude.

mei0023 on
  • BrownBoognishBrownBoognish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I dressed as Ethan Mars, but I noticed a lot of people did... I was kind of bummed about this.

BrownBoognish on
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tf2vk.jpg

Hah, awesome picture, thanks Tal!n. I was the blue medic. Anyone have any other TF2 cosplay shots?

Geod on
  • FifthSurpriseFifthSurprise Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was dressed up as my avatar. Wearing bunny ears.

I like to think my point was to dress up as something absolutely ridiculous and confuse people

I wish to bring maximum Frivolty and Japery to the proceedings.

FifthSurprise on
    edited March 2010

I like to think my point was to dress up as something absolutely ridiculous and confuse people

I didn't see you, but I saw a video of you. Goddamn I wish I had seen you. If I wasn't in character, I probably would have hugged you.

RainbowTunnel on
  • FifthSurpriseFifthSurprise Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I didn't see you, but I saw a video of you. Goddamn I wish I had seen you. If I wasn't in character, I probably would have hugged you.

Where is this video?

I desire it.

I did not see you either. I would probably have run away after startling you. Cuz y'know.... I like my organs.

But I'd give you a hug otherwise.

FifthSurprise on
    edited March 2010

Where is this video?

I desire it.

I did not see you either. I would probably have run away after startling you. Cuz y'know.... I like my organs.

But I'd give you a hug otherwise.

You know, that's a good question. Let me go in search of it~!
    {EDIT: I couldn't find it D: This may take a day or two if I'm going to look back through all the material I sifted through in the past week.}

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2010
    Unrelated, but one of those HOLY CRAP WTF MOMENTS:

In a bizarre series of events, it turns out I had my picture taken by my own cousin--and neither of us recognized each other.

To be fair, we haven't seen each other in close to ten years. The realization came when I posted a snapshot of me in costume on my facebook, and she flipped out.

mei0023 on
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait, Rainbow, you were the Witch? I had no idea. x3 I saw you tons of times, wondering how you were dealing with going barefoot. Shoulda took your picture as you were creeping along the wall all scarily.

Also, I put up a small gallery of cosplayers at my site, including one of the Tenth Doctor if anyone is interested, because he made my heart go pitter patter.

Which 10th Doctor? Blue raincoat or brown raincoat/jacket?

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was a haphazard moogle. Started to wear all white, but realized my shirt was too transparent.

Molotov, you were the moogle? I don't know if you remember me but I'm Angra on the Destructoid forums, we talked a bit on there :D

[egd] Succubus on
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tf2vk.jpg

Loved this group. Both me and my friend were filming the blue spy following a dude when someone yelled "SPY!" in a pretty good engineer voice. The spy immediately spun and started walking off nonchalantly as the guy looked behind him.

Also saw that pyro hanging around in the Pru, posing for pictures at a flower shop and inadvertently scaring a little kid shitless. :lol:

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Commander CainCommander Cain Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Were you the gent at the concert with a friend, standing slightly behind me and to my left on the concert floor? Maybe? (That's awfully specific, but my spatial memory seems to be sticking better than my facial memory -_-)

My fiance was reveling in all the compliments my earrings got--he bought them for me as a surprise. Smooth operator. 8-)

That was probably me you're thinking off. I was the guy in the N7 hat to your left at the concert. You're costume was probably my favorite of the whole convention, still love the earings and like I said to your fiance he is "a great man" for doing so lol. Because of seeing you and your fiance I am tempted to try and bring my girlfriend next year but only time will tell if I can pull that off :P

Also, you said you were SOL with your pics? My Camera went crazy too and I lost most of mine but I still have this one here that my friend took of us (my pose isn't very good because I couldn't tell when the cameras were going off lol). I have two others but they are two blurry to be worth anything.
    0327002239.jpg

Commander Cain on
    E68SJmZ.png
  • ShadowsDieAwayShadowsDieAway Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    archer823 wrote: »
    I just put up what I got of you spying on day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsN3ANlGhw0

lmfao awesome man. can't believe that guy didn't notice me when i was literally standing up breathing on the back of his head haha
    Baka_Shade wrote:
    Loved this group. Both me and my friend were filming the blue spy following a dude when someone yelled "SPY!" in a pretty good engineer voice. The spy immediately spun and started walking off nonchalantly as the guy looked behind him.

hahaha awesome, those onlookers doing their "verbal spy checks" always kept me on my toes :P

Tal!n that is an absolutely AWESOME picture of all of us. well done good sir *claps*

anyone have any pics or vids of Dr. McNinja from day three??

ShadowsDieAway on
    edited March 2010
    hey guys, to those that aren't in the costumes thread i'll extend this to here:

if anyone has any pics or vids of us please post them here or send me the link! thank you!!!

ShadowsDieAway on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Here you go:

820302587_gwAhE-M-3.jpg

821208917_p9nHW-M-1.jpg

821209520_QYmLX-M-1.jpg

821210262_SxtRE-M-1.jpg

823592635_6KhCN-M-1.jpg

macrogeek on
    edited March 2010
    archer823 wrote: »
    I just put up what I got of you spying on day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsN3ANlGhw0

lmfao awesome man. can't believe that guy didn't notice me when i was literally standing up breathing on the back of his head haha
    Baka_Shade wrote:

hahaha awesome, those onlookers doing their "verbal spy checks" always kept me on my toes :P

Tal!n that is an absolutely AWESOME picture of all of us. well done good sir *claps*

anyone have any pics or vids of Dr. McNinja from day three??

Your physical work was phenomenal. I just showed that video to my wife last night and she said the [strike]creeping[/strike]sneaking was spot on.

NotASenator on
  • FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tf2vk.jpg

Oh hey, I gave cookies to a couple of those guys!

Facelesscog on
    edited March 2010
    I wish I saw that group! I was hanging with my own Medic, but we were looking for you guys for pretty much the entire con on Friday.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited March 2010
    macrogeek wrote: »
    Here you go:
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Your physical work was phenomenal. I just showed that video to my wife last night and she said the [strike]creeping[/strike]sneaking was spot on.

thank you to you both. this was so much freaken fun to do, most fun i've had at a con

ShadowsDieAway on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010

no, I was behind you in the queue line before the concert, but I commented on your costume when you and your fiance were sitting down for a minute in the back before it started :P I'm really tall and I almost tripped over the light near your seat because I didn't realize they had the tripod for it raised up on some shallow box.

zerzhul on
  • boothbooth Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Did anyone see the guy with the red balloon walking around on Saturday afternoon? Not me, but a friend of mine carrying out an idea I had. I was happy so many people got the Heavy Rain reference. We got quite a few "JAAAAAA-SOOOON!?"s

I put the few costume pictures I took online in a photobucket album: http://s838.photobucket.com/albums/zz301/asholds/PAX%20East/

booth on
  • SoyduckSoyduck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    booth wrote: »
    Did anyone see the guy with the red balloon walking around on Saturday afternoon? Not me, but a friend of mine carrying out an idea I had. I was happy so many people got the Heavy Rain reference. We got quite a few "JAAAAAA-SOOOON!?"s

I put the few costume pictures I took online in a photobucket album: http://s838.photobucket.com/albums/zz301/asholds/PAX%20East/

Sweet!!! My friends and I were talking about getting a red balloon to carry around but didn't, lol. I wish I had seen that!

Soyduck on
  • Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gentlemen! (And ladies!)
    IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg
    Full album can be seen here: PAX East Album

Tal!n on
  • luposlupos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This was me
    4473892805_9e0b73db1f.jpg
    Sega's Seaman for those who don't know.
    Made by my good friend, the absurdly crafty AnnaTheRed
    Anyone else here happen to snap a photo of me?

lupos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ALTEIL.com GM | XBL: lupos | My ALTEIL GM Blog
    edited March 2010
    booth wrote: »

Thanks for the link! Great stuff in there : )

RainbowTunnel on
  • [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    lupos wrote: »
    This was me

Ahahaha I wish I had seen you, this is fantastic!!

[egd] Succubus on
  • DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would have to say that East REALLY threw down the cosplay gauntlet. Prime is going to have to step up its game to even come close to the awesome costumes you guys had. Well done!

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I loved all the TF2 cosplays, they were really well done!
    Also, the Heavy Rain red balloon thing was wonderful. You'd just hear one person yell, "JASON!" and suddenly everyone that got it began yelling out too. Another reason why I love PAX is that these game-specific jokes are just fun for everyone.

Also, it's probably still way too early to start a PAX '11 cosplay thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on cool cosplays for next PAX.
    I was thinking of either doing something that's a specific character (like I did with Vanille this year), such as Meryl from MGS. But I need to stop picking characters that a majority of people don't like.
    I was also considering going as a Combine trooper from Half-Life 2, or maybe something else that a female could pull off as easily as a male. Any suggestions?

Loweryi on
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    lupos wrote: »
    This was me

I definitely saw you, probably outside the BYOC area there. I called out "Seaman!" but you probably didn't notice.

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • Krag123Krag123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loweryi wrote: »
    Also, it's probably still way too early to start a PAX '11 cosplay thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on cool cosplays for next PAX.
    I was thinking of either doing something that's a specific character (like I did with Vanille this year), such as Meryl from MGS. But I need to stop picking characters that a majority of people don't like.
    I was also considering going as a Combine trooper from Half-Life 2, or maybe something else that a female could pull off as easily as a male. Any suggestions?

Its never to early to start planning.

I am planning to go as a Death Korp of Kreig trooper (Warhammer 40k). going to take a while to get it just right.

Krag123 on
This discussion has been closed.