As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

holy shit

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Flippin' more birds than the Antarctica Olympics Team.

What?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Flippin' more birds than the Antarctica Olympics Team.

What?

Uhhm... well see, I was thinking about flipping birds, and how it'd be funny if they were penguins, and how penguins live in Antarctica, and there aren't a lot of people there

so like... if they wanted to compete at the Olympics... maybe they could send penguins. And they'd be flipping, because they're on the gymnastics team...

I'll show myself out :whistle:

KalTorak on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had something similar happen, my friend and I came back from taco bell and closer to my friends house a guy behind us was honking at us to hurry up. So my friend flicked off the dude.

So he speeds past us to the four way stop, stop in the middle gets out of his car and yells at us saying we better not come back around his neighborhood or we'd regret it.

edit - it wasn't a fight and gay love but close

M.D. on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I'll show myself out :whistle:

image.php?u=1212&dateline=1266034788

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    goddamnit

KalTorak on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm scared Wren, so you'll be moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air

Franko on
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ain't no rule a penguin can't compete in Olympic gymnastics.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    does the glorious edict override the public mockery of people who link tvropes unnecessarily??

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2010
    is this the april fools repository

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it can be now

E: I guess it is here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=116083

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    spono wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    I then walk into my condo and oh there he is, stopping the door and now pinning me against a wall in the hallway. At this point, he leans in close, so close that I'm bathing in his musky essence. Every part of me begins to quiver and my crotch hairs begin to stand on end, like a newborn hedgehog. His lips edge closer and closer to my left ear and he whispers, "My pokemans, please let me show you them."

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, so after my eight hour graveyard shift I am walking across a cross-walk when some dude nearly runs me over while he was attempting to speed through the clearly marked crossing. I flip him the bird because seriously, screw that noise. But this dude follows me in his car and twice tries to get me to stop and talk to him (while yelling expletives at me, not a good way to get anyone's attention). I did not want to deal with random guy in car so I ignored him and continued my way home. Admittedly I should not have continued towards my house after the second time he tried to stop me and instead should have walked towards someplace full of people, for reasons I shall now get into.

I then walk into my condo and oh there he is, stopping the door and now pinning me against a wall in the hallway. Clearly at this point me flipping him off is irrelevant. He is on my property and assaulting me. I am no big guy but still average weight for my average median height and age but this dude is pretty darn big and built. So here's some big disgruntled guy, pinning me against a wall and yelling at me. My first thought is hey something interesting in my life, I can't wait to post this on SE++. My second thought is I should probably calm this dude down and make him realize hes making a big mistake before this gets any worse. But there is no calming this dude down, he is not making any sense. Apparently my finger is way worse than trespassing and attacking people and despite me apparently being wrong he doesn't want to talk to anyone else about it. So I push him back and he punches me and punches are exchanged, and we roll on the ground and both nearly fall down the basement stairs. After the stairs he seems to realize serious injury can be done to either of us and immediately calms down and walks back to his car.

I go out and get his license plate number (oh woops, veteran plate). He tries to stop me, I act like I do. Then I call the cops, talk to cops. etc. whacked day. and I have a hot date this afternoon so I didn't need this.

So what was the last crazy situation any of you have been in?

No.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, enough is enough.
    I was just in Jersey City visiting a friend and I realized:

1. I'm scared of everyone in shitty neighborhoods. I'm literally thinking, on every block, on every train, "Is somebody going to kill me here? Where would I run if somebody attacked me here?"
    2. I'm going to be living in shitty neighborhoods for a while.
    3. I bet people who know self-defense have some peace of mind.

Do they?

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    celandine wrote: »
    Okay, enough is enough.

1. I'm scared of BLACK PEOPLE in shitty neighborhoods. I'm literally thinking, on every block, on every train, "Is BLACK PEOPLE going to kill me here? Where would I run if BLACK PEOPLE attacked me here?"

Do they?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    fact

a black person robbed me on a train once

fact

all black people gonna rob you

even the old ladies

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    was this in pennsylvania

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    philly represent

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    no it was in Atlanta

oh sorry

Blacklanta

black people

(I only knew 2 black people growing up in my hometown, and I don't recall running into any black people after graduating.)

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    was probably a guy from philly on vacation

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    no it was in Atlanta

oh sorry

Blacklanta

I think the preferred term is AtlantA, or AfricantlantAmerican.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am not scared of black people.
    The people I was scared of were not all black.
    It's not really a race thing.

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no it was in Atlanta

oh sorry

Blacklanta

black people

(I only knew 2 black people growing up in my hometown, and I don't recall running into any black people after graduating.)

She really just dropped it somewhere and forgot it, so to avoid looking forgetful and foolish, she concocted a story to instead make her look racist.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One time I was talking about how I was craving a reese's at work to a coworker and a black lady who was shopping there overheard and bought me one.

pillow on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I keep thinking that something like what Wren described will happen to me one day and I will be totally unprepared to deal with that sort of madness and I'll just end up getting the crap beat out of me

But rest assured I will post about it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    just make out with them

they'll never see it coming

Unknown User on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    robothero wrote: »
    just make out with them

This advice applies to pretty much any situation.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, enough is enough.

1. I'm scared of everyone in shitty neighborhoods. I'm literally thinking, on every block, on every train, "Is somebody going to kill me here? Where would I run if somebody attacked me here?"

Do they?

I do.

It's not the mindset that I'm the baddest guy walking down the street either. It's the thought that should I be forced to defend myself I'll be able to do so in a manner in which I will likely be able to walk away safely or drive the other person off if I must. More specifically, if I'm out walking with my girlfriend and something happens I can handle myself well enough that they won't lay a finger on her.

It doesn't change the fact that should someone come at you with a gun you give them the damn money, but should they try to physically harm you...it becomes a bad idea for them.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    just ejaculate on them

KalTorak on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, so after my eight hour graveyard shift I am walking across a cross-walk when some dude nearly runs me over while he was attempting to speed through the clearly marked crossing. I flip him the bird because seriously, screw that noise. But this dude follows me in his car and twice tries to get me to stop and talk to him (while yelling expletives at me, not a good way to get anyone's attention). I did not want to deal with random guy in car so I ignored him and continued my way home. Admittedly I should not have continued towards my house after the second time he tried to stop me and instead should have walked towards someplace full of people, for reasons I shall now get into.

I then walk into my condo and oh there he is, stopping the door and now pinning me against a wall in the hallway. Clearly at this point me flipping him off is irrelevant. He is on my property and assaulting me. I am no big guy but still average weight for my average median height and age but this dude is pretty darn big and built. So here's some big disgruntled guy, pinning me against a wall and yelling at me. My first thought is hey something interesting in my life, I can't wait to post this on SE++. My second thought is I should probably calm this dude down and make him realize hes making a big mistake before this gets any worse. But there is no calming this dude down, he is not making any sense. Apparently my finger is way worse than trespassing and attacking people and despite me apparently being wrong he doesn't want to talk to anyone else about it. So I push him back and he punches me and punches are exchanged, and we roll on the ground and both nearly fall down the basement stairs. After the stairs he seems to realize serious injury can be done to either of us and immediately calms down and walks back to his car.

I go out and get his license plate number (oh woops, veteran plate). He tries to stop me, I act like I do. Then I call the cops, talk to cops. etc. whacked day. and I have a hot date this afternoon so I didn't need this.

So what was the last crazy situation any of you have been in?

I have to admit I'm more then a little suprised this didn't end with Wren moving in with his uncle and auntie in Bel Air.

see317 on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I keep thinking that something like what Wren described will happen to me one day and I will be totally unprepared to deal with that sort of madness and I'll just end up getting the crap beat out of me

But rest assured I will post about it

as long as other people get to be mildly interested reading about it, isn't that all that matters in the end?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if I ever make the mistake of walking anywhere by myself and get raped I will make a thread

it's probably the only real way to get over such a thing

(being a girl sucks)

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if I ever make the mistake of walking anywhere by myself and get raped I will make a thread

(being a girl sucks)

maybe you shouldn'ta been walking there

waving your vagina around

KalTorak on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

(being a girl sucks)

I'm so pretty I bet people fantasize about raping me all the time

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    sounds like someone needs a chastity belt

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

(being a girl sucks)

I just figure, as a woman, if a guy is going to go out of his way to physically rough me up I have a chance to also get raped. Women get raped all the time, I dunno.

Rape doesn't really have to do with what you look like.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Call a locksmith!

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Speaking as a serial rapist

Looks totally enter into who I decide to inflict my love upon.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    sounds like someone needs a chastity belt

That would be like storing a used up ball of tin foil in Fort Knox.

Hunter on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am not scared of black people.
    The people I was scared of were not all black.
    It's not really a race thing.

I'm kidding.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2010

(being a girl sucks)

I just figure, as a woman, if a guy is going to go out of his way to physically rough me up I have a chance to also get raped. Women get raped all the time, I dunno.

Rape doesn't really have to do with what you look like.

Speak for yourself, I fantasize about raping Wren

all the time

KalTorak on
This discussion has been closed.