As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ratchet & Clank] Thread - Megecorp has your interests at heart.

1234568»

• Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think you have to beat the game once to do the other cups. There's a sort of post-game sequence where you can wrap up moons you missed, visit that fish-head-in-a-jar guy's spaceship again, and so on.

zilo on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    zilo wrote: »
    I think you have to beat the game once to do the other cups. There's a sort of post-game sequence where you can wrap up moons you missed, visit that fish-head-in-a-jar guy's spaceship again, and so on.

you can play through the first three (bronze, silver and gold) when you first get there. the final raritanium one unlocks once you beat the first three and beat the valkyie citadel level.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah, silver and gold aren't letting me play, I think it's because I tried to play it straight away - like I was pressing triangle before the announcer had even said yet.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Crack in Time's pretty buggy so I wouldn't be surprised. Insomniac have taken a few tumbles over the last couple of years, what with the Resistance 2 backlash and the multitude of CiT bugs.

You might want to just continue through the game and go back later, it might fix itself. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure. Starting a Challenge Mode playthrough after you've finished it might be an idea, since you'll retain all your stuff.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Finally got around to playing this and beating today. Gotta say I enjoyed ToD a lot more, but still found this pretty enjoyable. Like someone else mentioned, the space stuff was pretty tedious, going from moon to moon to nab the zonies, but all in all pretty fun.

I hope they at least give us an expansion a la Quest for more booty. Seems like there is so much more they can do with the story progression

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you go to the insomiac moon there are so many things they wanted to put in there but had to cut due to time constraints. I thought crack in time was very enjoyable but it also felt like they wanted to do a lot more but were forced to get it out quicker.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Huh, that's weird. I though Crack in time was an incredible improvement over ToD. I mean mind-bogglingly so. ToD just felt lacking, mostly.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Huh, that's weird. I though Crack in time was an incredible improvement over ToD. I mean mind-bogglingly so. ToD just felt lacking, mostly.

The constructo-weapons area poor replacement for the ToD weapon upgrade system, and the RYNO V was pretty disappointing.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I completely agree. ToD was just another R&C game, albeit pretty. Crack in Time actually added some really cool improvements, like the hoverboots. The space exploration was way, way more interesting than the crappy KH-esque space shooting parts in ToD and I hope they expand upon the idea in any future sequels.

The only thing I was pretty disappointed with were the weapons, most of them just weren't that interesting.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thirded, I thought CiT was definitely an improvement. ToD was a good game to bring the series to the new console generation, but as far as the series goes it felt very by-the-numbers.
    I really enjoyed scouring all the little planetoids, they scratched my platforming (and collecting) itch nicely.

Glal on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want the Star Fox style space combat back from Going Commando.

I do agree that the Constructo Weapons feel kinda boring and uninteresting, which is really strange coming from a company famous for really cool weapon designs

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Some of the weapons I really enjoyed, but others were kind of bland I will agree. Also a few more guns would've been nice, but in terms of mechanics I definitely felt that CiT was a better game.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I completely agree. ToD was just another R&C game, albeit pretty. Crack in Time actually added some really cool improvements, like the hoverboots. The space exploration was way, way more interesting than the crappy KH-esque space shooting parts in ToD and I hope they expand upon the idea in any future sequels.

The only thing I was pretty disappointed with were the weapons, most of them just weren't that interesting.

Aw man, don't tell me that. I love the crazy-ass yet useful weapons. I really miss the Bouncer. There's just something so satisfying with hitting a giant robot in the face with a big ball that bursts into 25 bouncing, clanging bomblets that explode irregularly like popcorn.

Glad I'm not the only one to think that ToD seemed like just another Ratchet. It's a fun Ratchet, but another one nonetheless.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I preferred ToD, purely because the weapons were a bit more enjoyable. Also it was my first R&C game so I guess that helped a lot.

I still absolutely loved CiT though.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I think I lost the trophy for beating the Gimlick Valley section, as I got it when the PSN went down that one time and it didn't sync.

But I just beat that section again on a challenge mode runthrough and didn't get the trophy again. Is there any way to actually get this now or have I lost the chance to get the platinum?

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Um, even if you don't get it in this runthrough for whatever reason you should get it in the Challenge mode playthrough.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think you may still actually have that trophy, but your PS3 is just confused over its status. Try going to the Playstation website and looking at your trophies on there (or comparing them to someone on your friends list). If it does show up, you might have to delete your profile on your PS3, recreate your profile and then redownload all your trophy details (which takes forever if you've got a decent amount of trophies). Hopefully that'll solve your problem though.

Edit: Oh yeah and if you do that, you'll want to run the save game backup thing in the System Settings. That should backup all your saves, including the copy protected ones.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think you may still actually have that trophy, but your PS3 is just confused over its status. Try going to the Playstation website and looking at your trophies on there (or comparing them to someone on your friends list). If it does show up, you might have to delete your profile on your PS3, recreate your profile and then redownload all your trophy details (which takes forever if you've got a decent amount of trophies). Hopefully that'll solve your problem though.

Edit: Oh yeah and if you do that, you'll want to run the save game backup thing in the System Settings. That should backup all your saves, including the copy protected ones.

Just checked on the playstation website and it's not listing it there either. Really annoying :/

EDIT: Just reloaded an earlier save, beat the boss again and got it this time. No idea what was going on there.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Saw my first ever glimpse of Ratchet and Clank at Gamestop this weekend, with a playable demo of Crack in Time. I may be in love. Game is absolutely gorgeous, easy to pick up and funny as hell. Hank Azaria's character reminds me of a PG-rated Zap Brannagin.

I never played any of the PS2 games, but I feel that Tools of Destruction should be a decent starting point for someone new to the series. Plus, for $15 at Gamestop, it's a drop in the bucket for a great game.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's a great series. Play through the PS3 games, then if you still want more give the PS2 ones a spin if you have something to play them on. The first game is a bit rough around the edges and a bit too difficult, but #2 and #3 are good fun.
    Oh, and ignore Deadlock/Gladiator. Pretend it does not exist.

Glal on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    It's a great series. Play through the PS3 games, then if you still want more give the PS2 ones a spin if you have something to play them on. The first game is a bit rough around the edges and a bit too difficult, but #2 and #3 are good fun.
    Oh, and ignore Deadlock/Gladiator. Pretend it does not exist.

It's not all that bad. Bit of a tone shift yes, and pretty much devoid of actual platforming, but it's not awful.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    Saw my first ever glimpse of Ratchet and Clank at Gamestop this weekend, with a playable demo of Crack in Time. I may be in love. Game is absolutely gorgeous, easy to pick up and funny as hell. Hank Azaria's character reminds me of a PG-rated Zap Brannagin.

I never played any of the PS2 games, but I feel that Tools of Destruction should be a decent starting point for someone new to the series. Plus, for $15 at Gamestop, it's a drop in the bucket for a great game.

Hank Azaria? Er, he's never been in any Ratchet game. I'm assuming you're talking about Captain Quark, who is indeed hilariuos.

And yes, all the PS2 Ratchet games hold up quite well. Except Deadlocked. Blegh. Also Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are kind of meh as well, since they're ports of the lackluster PSP games.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Deadlocked was a good game.

Fuck alla y'all.

TheySlashThem on