As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• NijaNija Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is, uh.... that is special. He's got a sweet mix of tank gear, DPS gear and caster gear. He's even got a +25 spell pen gem.

He just got Champion of the Frozen Wastes.

So...

Good for him. :?

Nija on
    Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No, he got a step on it.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow, I do twice his DPS on my hunter.

My hunter is 72. And PvP geared. And I pretty much just spam Steady Shot while watching TV.

EDIT: Oh wow I didn't see his Armory. He is special.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: Sindragosa 25 down

Amusing: We had to replace one of the shaman to pull it off. A warning was given at the beginning that people dying to the yank and aoe ability would get replaced after the third attempt. To be frank, this shaman managed to top the number of deaths to that ability in on pull (he died around 4 times, and only one of those was during phase 2).

Amusing: We went and poked LK25 a couple of times. The change to Raging Spirits was not fun (Big shout out of thanks to the Silly Geese who cheesed that part of the encounter and got it changed), and having 3 valks was hilarious.

Nobody on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Decomposey: lol

Happy: Dreamwalker is easy, lol.

Happy: after 2 attempts on sindragosa we got her to phase 3 (20% to boot before someone messes up). Though phase3 is like the other two phases on crack.

Hilarious: watching the dps burn the ice tombs right after the third frost bolt.

Weird happy: We found out that the original team had tried to sabotage us by taking all the rest of the good people for the third team because one of the officers doesn't want us beating him to the LK. As it stands, we'll probably get him first.
    You guys remember that druid I linked? He was originally on their team, as well as that MM hunter I talked about a few weeks before the druid was as well. This officer removed them and told us to take them because he was full and they were rotating people in and out to get gear. So we did, we were short two people that day so what the hell why not.

A week later we start a third ICC team with alts and some mains that didn't make the cut. Great, awesome. The third ICC team got as far as we did and almost further. This had us going WTF. So we started cutting down on our lazy dps as it became clear we weren't beating soft/hard enrages properly. This works, we get rotface down but it turns out that it just wasn't enough. We had that hunter and druid go from 2300 dps to 4000 dps, but that's still really bad for ICC. We give them an ultimatum, read up on your classes and fix your issues or get removed from raid.

Well, we had to remove them. The third team collapses. Not because of anything bad, but, because the officer is pissed that those two people got shifted to the weekend team and we took two good dps from them. Next week, we get putricide down on our first raid night that week. According to our "spy" he stopped talking in vent and dropped. He was incredibly pissed that we downed putricide. Cue to us getting both the blood council and BQL down, and he isn't even showing up for their raids anymore. He signed off last night before we healed dreamwalker and got sindragosa to 20%.

He's also stopped showing up on time to 25 mans, and after deathwhisper he stealths right to the boat and waits for us to get there. Then he plays bejeweled when he dies or has to wait.

so this is an officer in your guild acting like a pouty kid?

why is he an officer?

Yeah. The GM is part of their team but didn't know anything about this. He was saying this all to his guild mate (from a previous guild) that told us about it because she thought that was a horrible thing to be doing. We found out he's joining the army, so he's probably getting his bitchy ass self ready to get anal reamed for being a whiny bitch.

I think he took my "You guys are easy-moding if you zerg kill sarth3d" on the realm forums a bit literally. That's why I didn't consider it a kill to be considered it on our realm's kill list. Ever since their team pulled ahead while we dealt with retards, he's been posting non-stop about all their kills and achievements.

Meh, they couldn't even get past putricide this week so I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing arthas tonight and downing him within the next two weeks. Though that last phase on sindragosa is a fucking nightmare.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Pally tanks that are afraid of consecration, and DPS that aoe before the tank even gets to the mobs. "Damn you suck at healing" No I don't, I just can't heal Boomkins that use "whatever that thunder spell is called" and then die in half a second because everything attacks you at once. Then the tank disses my realm saying everyone on it sucks (Blackwater Raiders in case anyone was curious), so he'll "Tank slower". I asked him when he planned on tanking at all since it was AN and all he did on the 2nd boss was judgements on the boss and no aoe for the little guys. "I pull that way all the time. I kept the boss on me, you should have killed the adds faster" Well then you suck and need to learn that tanks are supposed to hold everything and not just the boss. And we can't kill faster when 2 of the DPS are in quest blues and greens still.

Wow that was a longer rant than I expected. sorry.

CarbonRod on
    edited April 2010
    Ugh bad tanks are starting to be all up ins. To the point now where if you aren't the tank or don't know the tank, it'll pretty much suck.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Happy: finally got my full set of 80s.
    Grats! Azeroth is your oyster.

Now make separate accounts for each of them, transfer, and deca-box the nuts outta some 10 mans.

Monsty on
    edited April 2010
    You'd have to have the attention span of a Korean playing SC to deca-box.

bowen on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sad: Long weekend over but it was a good one :)

Nerd Rage: Random BG got Eye. Yes usually alliance are window lickers but in this one we kept up (amazingly). All we had was FR, but we had the flag... cap it and we win!

the cap was bugged.... 4 of us switched the flag around trying to cap.... we ended up losing :(

Amuzed: When joining a LFD, tank and healer from the same server usually a good indication that they are either A) couple or B) Friends. Atleast this has been my experince.
    BF and I (he a doodad tank, i restro shaman) enter lowbie LFG. The roll of the dice gives us SM Lib. We get a warrior, Huntard, and mage in the mix. Off we go. The Huntard was a goose. Pet has taunt, pulling stuff before tank (and before the tank can have rage) etc. You know the good stuff.

Half way through the warrior puts on a shield, we assume the hunter psted him to take over. My BF goes kitty and says "have at her!". Warrior isn't doing any better with the Huntard. After the first pull with warrior tanking huntard vote kicks my bf.... it passed (i clicked no! honest!).

Well that wasn't a smart move on their behalf... none of them can heal themselves. So i griefed them... hard.
    Warrior would pull, I pulled more... and of course didn't heal. Did it serveral times before they notcied I wasn't healing. They tried filling the 5th spot, couldn't because I would decline it. They couldn't vote kick me.

I ended up porting out, staying in the group and watch the party chat on how they bandage each other, pulled very very carefully. Took them about an hour after I left to finish it, and I still got my satchel while in the comfort of an inn. I thanked them and reminded them to next time becareful who they vote kick in the future. In the time it took them to the last hallway to the end boss they could of done 3 full clears!

Lawlkarma: LFD (again) guy rolls need on all the last boss stuff, shouts "big money yaaaaa! suckers!" ports out and apperantly got raped by something. He didn't leave the party so i had to wait for him to die to port out myself but the wait was worth it!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    WTF: So I'm doing randoms on my (level 80) warlock last night, working on gearing him up. Get into a heroic AN. The tank is a bear (okay gear), and a priest wearing T10. The priest was most likely high or drunk, because he suggested going for the achievement on the first guy (Watch Him Die I think?).

Bear goes for it, priest disconnects, natural wipe. We get back and the priest rezzes and says to try again. Bear goes for it again. We wipe again. Priest, then bear drop, and then the rest of the follows.

This is why you don't do achievements in randoms. Hard ones at least. I remember that one being a pain in the butt, but it was awhile ago so it's probably easier now in moar gears.

Bigity on
    edited April 2010
    They need to do a calculation of who's been put on x-server ignore lists and give them a lower priority on the queue. Maybe we can systematically weed out retards that roll for big money (olol what 10 gold?) or are just ninja-fucks.

bowen on
    edited April 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    WTF: So I'm doing randoms on my (level 80) warlock last night, working on gearing him up. Get into a heroic AN. The tank is a bear (okay gear), and a priest wearing T10. The priest was most likely high or drunk, because he suggested going for the achievement on the first guy (Watch Him Die I think?).

Bear goes for it, priest disconnects, natural wipe. We get back and the priest rezzes and says to try again. Bear goes for it again. We wipe again. Priest, then bear drop, and then the rest of the follows.

This is why you don't do achievements in randoms. Hard ones at least. I remember that one being a pain in the butt, but it was awhile ago so it's probably easier now in moar gears.

We did it once with me tanking. As a joke.

This was in ToCr gear. We were in more danger of accidently killing the named mobs because of the sheer amount of incidental aoe damage going out.

In this particular case I wouldn't have minded it if we got it, I'm just more pissed that we wasted time, money, and a dungeon cooldown on a retarded healer.

Nobody on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    how is loading up on sieges "lame"? that is exactly what you're supposed to do. i mean, what other "strategies" would you like them to employ? stand out in front of the main wall jumping around?
    It's lame because they do it without any interaction with the Horde at all. Just match starts, then a little bit later a chain of sieges comes rolling up. When our Horde attacks WG we go up and fight in front of the castle, killing other players for our rank ups rather than NPCs off in the middle of nowhere.

listen, you're calling these people lame for using the system that blizzard designed. horde obviously defend wg on your realm a lot, that is why the alliance are only needing 1 kill to get first lieutenant. this is the balancing system that is a part of the game.

they also don't get the kill from any npc, that's only for the slay them all quest.

Angry on
    edited April 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    how is loading up on sieges "lame"? that is exactly what you're supposed to do. i mean, what other "strategies" would you like them to employ? stand out in front of the main wall jumping around?
    It's lame because they do it without any interaction with the Horde at all. Just match starts, then a little bit later a chain of sieges comes rolling up. When our Horde attacks WG we go up and fight in front of the castle, killing other players for our rank ups rather than NPCs off in the middle of nowhere.

How do you know that some silly goose isn't trying to farm fishers by the Alliance startpoint and getting roflstomped by the people spawning in?

Also, I have to ask what tenacity you guys are at when you are defending the keep?

Nobody on
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy
    Warrior tank is 69, flying in Northrend (so seems like cheating) and has a full suit of cobalt armor and shield for the low price of 25g and 8 bars thanks to a kind hunter/blacksmith.

Hope, Ding 70 this week so I can test the goose pool with my 1 available random dungeon.

Hate realizing that I have to take tailoring on my rogue if he's going to level enchanting past 280. He's 36. The plus side is, he'll get the pimp ass magic carpet.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I swear to fuck I want to strangle the paladin tank Numsei from Kel'thuzad. Bastard never blesses anyone, never stops for anything, pulls the first boss when everyone is literally OOM and struggling to drink for the few seconds they can spare (which leads to a five minute Bronjham fight, after which he treats us to a "Took long enough"), and chain-pulls the ghosts before the Devourer of Souls without thought or care as to how much health he or anyone else in the party has at that moment. It is a tiny miracle that we didn't wipe on Devourer.

I swear if he had won the Arcane Loops of Anger that dropped I was going to go insane.

Oh man, I had a fun DTK run this weekend. DPS Warrior was either way overgeared or was taunting. He died a few times. Tank pulled the whole room before Trollgore, all DPS died. Tank almost went down to all that...thank goodness for Swiftmend. In the end he soloed the room...then pulled Trollgore before everyone was rezzed/healed/buffed. And the Warrior jumped right in without checking his health.

Ugh.

Doctor Detroit on
    edited April 2010
    That reminds me:

Hate: Whatever guide newbie warrior and druid tanks are reading that says that they can't get rage if they are under PW: S.

I've run into this so much on my priest I'm beginning to wonder if somebody is intentionally giving out misinformation.

Nobody on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wasn't that something from vanilla days?

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited April 2010
    It was. It even affected paladins to a certain degree with sanctuary in BC, I think.

bowen on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you want a bad blessing

On my mage for the first time I went to Gun'drak the paladin who was the healer when the shaman asked for Wisdom was told to fuck himself
    A few pulls in where a few people leave another shaman asked for might and again the reply of Who the fuck are you!
    So the tank gives up and the vote the kick option comes and we giet rid of him only to have him return in the same que?
    In general that whole run was a nightmare

Brainleech on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was never aware they changed that, since I never tanked on my warrior (well, not really). I never made a deal about it, but it always seems I get less rage when shielded on my druid alt. Guess not? heh.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Well, if you don't dodge,block,parry or land a strike, I'd imagine you wouldn't get any rage. Especially if the hit is full absorbed, yes?

bowen on
    edited April 2010
    The absorption = no rage thing was fixed back in TBC.

The best part is when the warrior or druid are complaining about getting shielded when I've been shielding them the entire time and they have a full rage bar.

Nobody on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Ugh bad tanks are starting to be all up ins. To the point now where if you aren't the tank or don't know the tank, it'll pretty much suck.

(H)embarassing story time: Sunday morning I queue up for a random heroic on my DK.
    It gives me HPoS. I zone in pull the first trash pack on the ramp since I never trust people not to pull them, and after downing them the healer is like "you should leave."
    I figure he's thinking I'm bad for pulling that group? I donno. So I pull the next group, down them. See that I'm at half health and not getting topped off for the next pull. The healer starts bitching about my HP being low, and my gearscore being shit. At this point I check the meters and see that I've done twice as much healing to myself than he's done at all. I tell him I've cleared PoS half a dozen times and he says it doesn't matter. I just start pulling the big skeleton dudes, and we're downing them. The DPS are telling him to at least try and he's like "Why bother? Look at his hp and look at my GS." Then he goes on a huge rant about how bad DK tanks are and how whoever thought up the idea of them tanking should be fired, yadda yadda, (all this while I'm self healing my way through.) I die on the third big skelly guy (the one that likes to climb the wall) and only then does he start healing people. The rest of group wants him to leave because he's being a goose (his name was also Kneegrows) but he just lays down, and refuses to leave and we can't kick him. So the group decides to wait him out. After a couple minutes I look up and realize I have 26k hp.

I was in my dps gear.

In my defense, I hadn't had my dps set on in over a month, I'd just been working on it the night before and forgot to switch. I've pretty much never logged out in it since I almost exclusively tanked my way to 80 from 68. I also would have thought he'd bitch about a specific number, or maybe a dps would inspect me to see what his problem was and ask why I had no +def gear on. I apologize, explain to the group, equip the right set. But at this point, one dps had left, and the healer and at least one other dps were afk.

So I apoligized again and quit the group out of shame.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    :lol: That seems like it's equally everyone's fault for not wondering how a tank with so little life could get in. As soon as the healer made a big fuss I'd have inspected you and commented.

bowen on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    He bitches about your gearscore and doesn't even mention that you're not wearing tanking gear. This is pretty much the perfect example of someone misusing GS. "LOOK AT THE NUMBER! THE NUUUUUMBEEEEERRRR! What do you mean, inspect him?"

His Corkiness on
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dude, that's Epic.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I like that you were tanking/selfhealing enough in your DPS gear to get through a few pulls.

Did you have your tank gear on you? Should have just switched your gear and boot the healer anyways.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not sure I'm looking forward to gearing my pally for tank spec. As a healer, I can make up for a bad tank. The dungeon takes forever, but it'll get done. As a tank, it doesn't really seem like you can make up for a bad healer.

Cilla Black on
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I like that you were tanking/selfhealing enough in your DPS gear to get through a few pulls.

Did you have your tank gear on you? Should have just switched your gear and boot the healer anyways.

Yeah, I swapped gear, but it was still like, 8 minutes before we could boot the healer. Most of the group was just afk waiting till we could boot him.

That and I've gotten kind of burned out on running heroics. Especially on this dude*. Little things like just make me log out of the game entirely for a few hours to play something else.
    Like Super Metroid :) Or Spirit Tracks. Or X-COM.

*Since I got the boots off of H-FoS, his tanking set is now as good as it can be without raiding, buying frost gear, or BoE/Craftable epics. That was a lot of heroics.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Not sure I'm looking forward to gearing my pally for tank spec. As a healer, I can make up for a bad tank. The dungeon takes forever, but it'll get done. As a tank, it doesn't really seem like you can make up for a bad healer.

You can. Especially as a paladin/blood dk.

bowen on
    edited April 2010
    Oh yeah. A decently geared paladin can solo many heroic bosses.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Oh yeah. A decently geared paladin can solo many heroic bosses.

H-HoS's Gruul 2.0 for one.

bowen on
    edited April 2010
    The Mage in Oculus.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy :
    edf4e85fcff892d090f4c8fe48c2e.jpg

quaigy on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    grats dude.

Angry on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Both my Druid and Paladin can pretty much clear a non-ICC heroic without a healer, so I have very little patience for healer goosery. Players who can be replaced by a stack of mana strudels aren't allowed to bitch in my runs.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's still hilarious. While it was a mistake to tank in your DPS set, SOMEONE should've checked your gear by the second pull.

I made a similar assumption, I guess, running AN on my bear. We get in, the shaman says, "guys, I'm really sorry, I have to deal with my dogs, this won't take long but I totally understand if you want me to leave." I glance over the other characters, notice one of the paladins has a shield, and say we'll be fine doing the first few pulls and the boss.

So we're going along, I'm doing my thing, really no struggle at all. I notice the (assumed) paladin healer is in melee, which I don't think too much of--it's AN, I'd rather they were in melee so I can pick up skirmishers, and god knows I've been running into melee on my priest to get my weapons skills up nowadays. :P

It isn't until we're pulling the second of the three guardians that I realize that, while I've seen a few paladin heals, I haven't seen a Sacred Shield or Beacon yet. For a moment, I worry that we got a terrible healer and I start to pace out my oh-shit buttons. I even hit a potion just before we pull the boss, but I think I can do this on my own, healer-be-damned.

Right then, the shaman comes back and starts pumping out the heals, like, well, he was specced to do it. Cuz he was.

After the fight, I pull up the paladin's gear and realize he's got a horrid mish-mash of ret, prot, and even some holy gear. The shield he had had defense, not spellpower. I didn't even bother to look at his talents. The end of the run, he's only done about 500 dps, while the other paladin did about 1.1k.

Ultimately, it was my fault for not making sure we had a healer available, but on the other hand, he had a shield!

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited April 2010

gear up as ret. no one really cares about bad dps as long as the instance moves along and he doesn't fuck up.

i geared up through ret until i had enough healing pieces that i was confortable and i've healed my way to a full prot set now.

Angry on
This discussion has been closed.