As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any RPGs made for PbP?

Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Critical Failures
Does anyone know if there is a pnp rpg system made specifically for play by post? I think it would be kind of interesting to have one that's native to forums instead of adapting systems. And if not, any interest in such a system being made?

Gene Parmesan on

• Options
    Jack HobbesJack Hobbes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Specifically made for the PBP medium? Not that I'm aware of.

Some of them better lend themselves to it than others, though. World of Darkness, for example, works wonderfully on a forum.

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    >De Profundis<

It's very, very literally play by post.

Yes, I'm that much of an elitist snob that I know about De Profundis. Never played it, but I know about it.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The derivative of 4th edition that I'm working on would work well for a pbp. I'm not using any immediate or interrupt mechanics.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A long time ago I was interested in this..and was curious to see if there were any others interested. Sadly it gained little to no traction :(

Yeah I find the idea interesting. Especially considering the fate of so many pBp games.

Egos on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dude called Pony had a few system ideas roling around and while Im not sure if they were exclusively pbp orientated they were damn well suited to it, very narrative-led and good for making characters

edcrab had the exigency system which was based around one-roll, and i think the latest version is going to use different dice cos one advantage of a PBP is that all the complicated shit can be done by an online roller like Invisible castle.

And Im pretty sure Horseshoe had a PBP ideas brainstorm thread here once, i remember seeing it back when I lurked! I should look for it

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And Im pretty sure Horseshoe had a PBP ideas brainstorm thread here once, i remember seeing it back when I lurked! I should look for it

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=55250

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have a PBP-oriented game system I am literally working on right now. It's a revision of the EPIC System I made a while back.

Pony on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    I have a PBP-oriented game system I am literally working on right now. It's a revision of the EPIC System I made a while back.

Cool, hope i get into it when you finish.

Gene Parmesan on