As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Annihilation of Tabletopolis

Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this placeRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Social Entropy++
Up, in the sky
Ten miles high
The DM gazes upon the players, he will destroy.
Guilt, quickly parts, his plots spin as he thinks to himself...
I will destroy these people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYSriP4lmM

Welcome, dear friends and players, to the Table Gaming Thread. Dice shall be rolled! Enemies split asunder.

Characters shall die...

Our games of choice:

D&D 4e
Pathfinder It's like D&D 3.75. For the dudes who, for some reason, hate progress and better gameplay.
Mutants & Masterminds
nWoD
Spirit of the Century
Dark Heresy
Rogue Trader

Rules of the thread:

1. If you're gonna hate on a game system, don't be a bitch about it
2. Cog is a silly goose, but we still love him
3. war and card games are also cool to talk about, I guess
4. SHARE YO DAMN GAME IDEAS

Handy Tools and Handsome Trinkets:

Dice Rolla'
ultimate community Mutants & Masterminds resource
Online RPG resources
Fancy terrain

jnij103vqi2i.png
Caulk Bite 6 on

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hah, nice title

Antimatter on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i've been readin some online dungeons and dragons adventures

i am hella psyched to run my game now

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hooray for the new tabletop thread.

DarkPrimus on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i've been readin some online dungeons and dragons adventures

i am hella psyched to run my game now

It can be frustrating at times, but oh my goodness is it ever fun to run a game.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So we're all in agreement that pony can write a pretty good vampire story, right?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Zen Vulgarity on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Horseshoe is as lucky as his name implies.

Pony on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I couldn't say it in the other thread, as it shut down before I could get to it, but that thing they released has done that to two groups of players now. the funny part is that Pony's got some weird continuity going on, because Cheiron was the company we lost the thing to, if I recall.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kill it! Kill it until it dies!

MoosehatIV on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As for the hunter game, shouldn't the players know they can spend willpower for bonuses to checks...? Just in case they dont know.

Cheeseliker on
    edited April 2010
    Oh, never mind.

Cheeseliker on
    edited April 2010
    As for the hunter game, shouldn't the players know they can spend willpower for bonuses to checks...? Just in case they dont know.

I thought they knew, but nobody was doing it, so I included a reminder.

Pony on
    edited April 2010
    ahahahahah

THE BULLETS JUST BOUNCE OFF IT

Pony you would be the best sports announcer ever

E: Oh god if the knife bends I swear to god I will shit myself laughing

you better not do that to me pony

I don't have many pairs of pants left

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My groups been playing this game that I can't remember the name of thats basically 3.5+ because my group, except me, hates 4th edition. They say its too much like an MMO. I say it fixes the problem we run into all the time where a spell caster under level 5 can't do shit.

Bucketman on
    edited April 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    My groups been playing this game that I can't remember the name of thats basically 3.5+ because my group, except me, hates 4th edition. They say its too much like an MMO. I say it fixes the problem we run into all the time where a spell caster under level 5 can't do shit.

Pathfinder

EDIT: tossed into OP 'cause I felt like it.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah that one. We screwed up last night and got killed, but the GM dosn't want it to end, so instead he had us raised as Skeletal Champions partially under the thrall of a Hellknight.

Bucketman on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wish there was a decent source of PDF-Rulebooks that doesn't require a CC to pay for. Wanted to get me Barbarians of Lemuria Legendary Ed. but haven't found it anywhere. I'm really into that kind of rules-light systems, since my players either can't be bothered with reading the rules or, if they do, will try to abuse the shit out of them.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
    edited April 2010
    "What's a thaumatechnology?"

Pony on
    edited April 2010
    Holy sheeeeeeeeit.

Cheeseliker on
    edited April 2010
    Haha, exceptional success to persuade the werewolf

MoosehatIV on
    edited April 2010
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    Haha, exceptional success to persuade the werewolf

You gain more XP, at least!

Pony on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Question for you dudes, I'm moving and I've discovered I have all this 2nd edition D&D stuff. I haven't played in years, but I sort of feel bad about maybe getting rid of my books. If I wanted to get rid of the books, is it possible to (legally) replace them with digital copies in case I ever decide I want to go back to that stuff? Is such a thing available?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited April 2010
    Corvus wrote: »
    Question for you dudes, I'm moving and I've discovered I have all this 2nd edition D&D stuff. I haven't played in years, but I sort of feel bad about maybe getting rid of my books. If I wanted to get rid of the books, is it possible to (legally) replace them with digital copies in case I ever decide I want to go back to that stuff? Is such a thing available?

No.

Pony on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

No.

Lame! I love me some books, but holy shit are they a pain in the ass to lug around. Guess I'll have to look at what I really want to keep. I have all kinds of those Complete Whatever's Handbooks

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited April 2010
    hahahahah
    ahahahhahah

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've always wanted to play D&D or Warhammer or something but none of my friends are interested

And I'm not comfortable finding strangers to play with
    wah wah, get over yourself, etc.

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited April 2010
    so, looks like hank is murdering monsters left and right, now.

He's the groups powerleveler, I guess.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Hunter campaign is a thing of pure beauty

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited April 2010
    I think he just punched right through the things skull.

MoosehatIV on
    edited April 2010
    it no longer has a skull

he basically gibbed its entire face

also i will be heading out for the night so you won't see more updates from me.

Pony on
  • AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I left my text book at home, so, instead of studying I've been sitting in a cafe writing a spontaneous campaign for Dead Lands. For the sake of me just getting some thoughts out, I'll share the idea, and you guys can critique it if you wanna.

Set in a lower district of New York, 1868.
    De Selby, a mysterious Irish/French detective and chemist, has placed an ad to hire the players in an organization he has titled "The Brass Street Illuminating Agency".

In response to increasingly paranormal occurrences within the city (and throughout the country for that matter), de Selby wishes to employ the players to act as investigators to bring light to atrocious occurrences of both humanity and the beyond.

De Selby possesses a perfectly honed sense of scientific insight, philosophy, and a touch of the fantastic unknown. He has become crippled in his chemical investigations of organic fluorides, and depends on the players to satisfy his curious interest in the growing evils of the town.

So, basically the players will be paranormal investigators in New York City. Frock coats, top hats, sword canes, revolvers, and an intense hatred of ghosts and the undead. Cultists, zombies, and the demented creatures of the damned will be crossed by the light of the Brass Street Illuminating Agency.

Hows that sound? Still working on the ideas. I have an idea for a haunted boarding academy that will essentially be the House of Leaves.

AgentofOrange on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    that sounds awesome as hell

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tablet-opolis

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Called it, the demon dude in Gerasene has his fingers in the heads of all the freaks there.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wanna get in on Pony's Hunter game.

Wanna do something that's not studying for Bio Lab and Poli-Sci exam's.

But I have missed sign up's

Oh Noooooo

Fedora on
    edited April 2010
    Hunter: The Pop-Culture Referencing.

Pony on
    edited April 2010
    Fedora wrote: »

Oh Noooooo

That might change in the future and if so, I will PM you because I feel like I owe you after Unified.

Pony on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fedora wrote: »

Oh Noooooo

That might change in the future and if so, I will PM you because I feel like I owe you after Unified.

Cool, but you don't gotta feel like you owe me anything.

Stuff I did for unified is basically what I do anyways

Fedora on
    edited April 2010
    Hunter: The Pop-Culture Referencing.

Haha, I love the idea that the only way we can cope with the horror that reality has become is by comparing it to TV.

MoosehatIV on
  • AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I left my text book at home, so, instead of studying I've been sitting in a cafe writing a spontaneous campaign for Dead Lands. For the sake of me just getting some thoughts out, I'll share the idea, and you guys can critique it if you wanna.

Set in a lower district of New York, 1868.
    De Selby, a mysterious Irish/French detective and chemist, has placed an ad to hire the players in an organization he has titled "The Brass Street Illuminating Agency".

In response to increasingly paranormal occurrences within the city (and throughout the country for that matter), de Selby wishes to employ the players to act as investigators to bring light to atrocious occurrences of both humanity and the beyond.

De Selby possesses a perfectly honed sense of scientific insight, philosophy, and a touch of the fantastic unknown. He has become crippled in his chemical investigations of organic fluorides, and depends on the players to satisfy his curious interest in the growing evils of the town.

So, basically the players will be paranormal investigators in New York City. Frock coats, top hats, sword canes, revolvers, and an intense hatred of ghosts and the undead. Cultists, zombies, and the demented creatures of the damned will be crossed by the light of the Brass Street Illuminating Agency.

Hows that sound? Still working on the ideas. I have an idea for a haunted boarding academy that will essentially be the House of Leaves.
    I have drawn up ideas for other NPCs in the setting. De Selby only has two friends known to the players. Father Thompson, a New York native and theologian, and Apaje Sadri, a Sikh engineer and inventor who has been with de Selby in his world wide travels and adventures.

I hope to promote a wild aspect of steam-punk, and will use Sadri as a source for such devices.
    Thompson is going to essentially be the foil to de Selby, as a more peaceful and spiritual guide.
    The idea is that the players can meet an array of their interests through either of these three characters. Jobs will be presented from each, and will be interwoven into the events within the city.

Basically de Selby is going to be akin to a strange combination of Holmes and Dupin, and Thompson will be like that of Father Brown. I'm a bit of a fan of those detective stories.

I'm aiming for the players to be a variety of experts. A safe cracker, a reliable strong arm, a historian/theologian, and a scientist/engineer. At least that is my ideal formation. I'm playing with the formation of the initial advertisement for the game to send potential players.

To educated gentlemen of curious and sound interest who would seek employment: Professor de Selby of 1328 Brass St. New York City is hereby making advertisement of positions available within his investigative agency.
    It is in the favor of those applying for position to be well trained in disciplines of science, history, or theology. Activity in this position will most assuredly bring risk to personal safety and health, and it is advised to have arms present while on employment.
    Payment will be $6 per week of engagement, and advanced payment upon commission.

Those who seek application, please call to the address noted above in this month of October.

AgentofOrange on
This discussion has been closed.