As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RADlands] Rad in the Morning (DE?AD's I Can Barely Sleep in this Thread Remix)

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a camel being shoved through the eye of a needle.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

Seasons now available on Topatoco: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

There are currently four missions happening simultaneously:

[The Deluge Part III] [Viscount Islands]
Estimated Location: Probably near Seattle
Description: You've proven your worth to Uriel, but he's made it clear that you work for him. At least you got some sweet new abilities to go with that crushing feeling of hopelessness.
Unlockable Ads: [Reign O'er Me]

[Cecil Reloaded] [VALVEjunkie, Krosius, DontShootToasters, Zanzibar, Lockout, Antimatter, Kueller]
Estimated Location: Off the coast of Argentina
Description: Cecil will not be complete until he can refill his stores of RAD, and discover his place in the Wastes. Cassandra has found a particularly large deposit of RAD coming from the sea floor off of what was once Argentina. SNN communications do not indicate the presence of any terminals there, so it should be safe to explore.
Unlockable Ads: [Steamboat Willie]

[The Bro Just Wants a New Rug, Man] [Dubh, Squall, Tommy2hands, Speed Racer, Shabooty, Marshmallow, Moriveth]
Estimated Location: San Francisco
Description:The Bro wants a new rug. Cassandra has mentioned that there is furniture store on the other end of the city that probably would have some rugs.
Unlockable Ads: [Out of Your Element], [Goodnight, Sweet Prince]

[Dan, Interrupted] [Cheeseliker, NeoToma, Raneados, Thor4242, Dux]
Estimated Location:The Canadian Rockies
Description:
Dan has brain problems. More than most, at least. He needs to come to terms with what happened to him if he wants to mend his brain and cure his Legion's Disease in the process. Cassandra has located the mental institution Dan once occupied in the Canadian Rockies. She believes going there may help him face the truth.
Unlockable Ads: [Arkham? I barely knew 'em!]

[PENDING MISSIONS]

[Sydney's Quest for Fire] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Chicago
Description:Sydney will not be at peace until she was the strongest there every was. She needs to fully explore and understand her pyrokinesis. Cassandra has found large amounts of heat radiating from the ruins of Chicago, along with some heavy psychic energy. She believes Sydney may find what she is looking for there.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jayce Needs to Get Over Himself] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: London
Description:Jayce's internal conflict is wrecking his subneural security. He needs to find a way to deal with it, and Cassandra believes the leader of a particular mutant colony in the RADwrecked carcass of London may be able to help him gain some insight into his inner conflict.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jimothy's Mom May or May Not Have it Going On] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Miami
Description:Jimothy wants to find his mom. Cassandra hopes that doing so will sure up the security of his Subneural Signature, and Clams hopes that doing so will shut him up. Cassandra has discovered a lead on a possible genetic match in the ruins of Miami that she believes looks promising.
Unlockable Ads:

[Robots are People Too] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Tokyo
Description:Sorta. The robots need to figure out who, and what they are exactly. Until they can truly understand what they are, they can't hope to stand up to a subneural intrusion. Cassandra has found a large robot colony in Tokyo that may be able to help them discover their true potential and seal up the gaps in their Subneural Signatures.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC MISSIONS]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St., Tommy2hands]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.
Unlockable Ads:

[Bring Down This Guy] [DLC] [Purchased by: Tommy2hands, Dux, Lockout]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo's sister has sent him word of a pro-human organization in Atlanta by the name of "Hellhound". Mutants have been going missing around the area, and Hellhound is believed to be the cause. She'd like someone to investigate the problem.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Bloody Raccoon Armor][Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain 1 Stat point.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account. Card stores up to five RAD that do not count against your RAD Cap. In addition, NPCs will react to you more favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

Ads that we missed the chance to unlock:
[Acrobat], [Death from Above], [Iron Blood], [Expert Forager], [Charmer], [Shank], [Burglar], [Tunnel Lord], [Adept Looter], [No Fear], [Quadrophenia], [Ah yes, "Freakers"], [To Boldly Go], [500 Miles], [Mission from God], [Leave No Man Behind], [Dungeon Master], [Totally Fabulous] [Dopplegangbanger]

Squall on

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man this is some bullshit.

So, my mom is kind of a frail person. About 15 years ago she had to have surgery where they removed a large chunk of her digestive system, and she's just recently discovered that because of that she hasn't been absorbing nutrients properly all this time, so she's malnourished. She's just started getting treated with vitamin injections to correct for this, but anyway, her nerves are all kind of fucked up. She's also ridiculously resilient, and she's been putting in probably between 60- and 80-hour work-weeks this whole time, if not more, when her new doctor has told her that he's surprised that she can even walk.

Anyway, not the point, that's just some background info. My mom's a flight attendant. She just got off of a flight last week, and one of the crewmembers she flew with hugged her while she was leaving. When she asked him to let go, he hugged her tighter as a joke, which, because of her condition, hurt her. She kept asking to be let go and he kept thinking that it was all part of the joke, to the point where he got her in a super-tight bear hug and lifted her off the ground, at which point there was a very loud cracking sound. She initially thought he'd broken some of her ribs, but the doctors said those are fine. She's due to go to a neurologist some time in the next day or so to see if he did some kind of significant nerve damage to her. In the meantime, she can barely so much as move without being in excruciating pain. She's barely slept in days because it hurts her the worst when she's laying down.

And the company denied her worker's compensation claim because hugging is not a part of her job description and she therefore didn't hurt herself while on the job.

Speed Racer on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shit man, that really sucks.

DE?AD on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    holy shit

that blows

Squall on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wow

D:

NeoToma on
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    that's really fucking horrible

best wishes duder

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited April 2010
    well this thread started off on a high note

thanks speed

no seriously that blows, my condolences

Squall on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had it all typed up in the last thread, but it was locked by the time I clicked "post."

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. I really hope the guy didn't do lasting damage to her. Best wishes, as Toaster said.

DE?AD on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a special place in hell for bear huggers

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    holy shit speed

this is why hugs can sometimes suck

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Like, my entire worldview is shattering

hugs causing pain?

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited April 2010
    Hugs don't hurt people.

Hulk-like brutes who don't know when to stop hurt people.

DE?AD on
    edited April 2010
    That is a wisdom I shall hold close to my heart

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited April 2010
    speed do you get rad deals on airfare

edit: if so hey there new best friend

Squall on
    edited April 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    speed do you get rad deals on airfare

edit: if so hey there new best friend

Direct family flies free, and she also can buy up to 4 highly discounted tickets per year.

The catch is, you have to fly standby.

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2010
    pretty swell

I imagine pax east was a pretty cheap ordeal

Squall on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Holy crap. Best of wishes, Speed.

Dux on
    edited April 2010
    pretty swell

I imagine pax east was a pretty cheap ordeal

No not at all actually. That's the problem with flying standby, if a flight fills up you get bumped. I remember bitching about that happening in this very thread! (well, last thread but whatever)

I ended up having to buy a last-minute airline ticket on another airline, which ran me about 200 bucks.

Speed Racer on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jesus

Antimatter on
    edited April 2010
    aw nuts

Squall on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The chronicles are updated. :)

Edit: Sorta, needs formatting.

Marshmallow on
    edited April 2010
    Marsh!

Yayyyyyy

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2010
    Marsh, we miss you.

DE?AD on
    edited April 2010
    welcome back marsh!

hope things are going well for you

Squall on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a special place in hell for bear huggers

seriously

sucks duder

VALVEjunkie on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    welcome back marsh!

hope things are going well for you

I just let myself fall behind, and then I fell even more behind when I realized just how much updating I'd have to do and got all intimidated.

Things are quite fine, really. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would to get the chronicles going again. Looking forward to jumping back in when it'd be suitable.

Marshmallow on
    edited April 2010
    we really appreciate all the work you do to keep it up to date

Squall on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm watching the big lebowski for the first time

damn it walter

Shabooty on
    edited April 2010
    and just like that, Squall's respect for Shabooty grew three sizes that day

Squall on
    edited April 2010
    donny no!

Shabooty on
    edited April 2010
    I cry with laughter in the next scene

Squall on
    edited April 2010
    ok that was a great movie

Shabooty on
    edited April 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    ok that was a great movie

HOW DID IT TAKE YOU THIS LONG
    I mean, its fucking awesome that you watched it but come on

it came out in '98 for gods sake

AND NOW WE MUST TALK ABOUT IT

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SCENE?

VALVEjunkie on
    edited April 2010
    Valve
    Capslock

Antimatter on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Helped my friend move the other day. He's using my house as storage for all his shit until he's done with his court case (he punched a bouncer). He's got some pretty sweet stuff so I"m actually cool with this. Gonna rent Stranger than Fiction, The Big Lebowski, some other stuff i've been meaning to watch and have myself a little movie marathon on his big screen HD TV

NeoToma on
    edited April 2010
    sorry anti!

VALVEjunkie on
    edited April 2010
    s'alright
    [Cecil]
    Sticks: Phys 3[] Soc 3[] Ment 3[] RADs[]

"We've been down too long in the midnight sea. The sooner we finish this job, the better." Sticks assists in the turning of the wheel.

Antimatter on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Hugs don't hurt people.

Hulk-like brutes who don't know when to stop hurt people.

:(

also, that sucks for real Speed. condolences

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    s'alright
    [Cecil]
    Sticks: Phys 3[] Soc 3[] Ment 3[] RADs[]

"We've been down too long in the midnight sea. The sooner we finish this job, the better." Sticks assists in the turning of the wheel.

I feel this is appropriate somehow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64coD-rx9sk

Dux on
    edited April 2010
    that is what I was going for yes, thank you

Antimatter on
This discussion has been closed.