As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When Dinosaurs Ruled [Chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I'm bored now. Someone help.

1) Buy an xbox
    2) get an xbl account
    3) buy BC2
    4) Wait until tomorrow night so you can team up with mike and me and pwn some nubs

Check.
    Check.
    Ehhhhh
    TOMORROW?! Fuck this.

man it is fun

mike and i were just getting stone cold owned for the first five games or so

and then we found our groove and started playing respectably

it feels good to improve and it's fun to play with people who aren't racist dicks

Then why are you inviting me to play?

But seriously, I really, really don't like multiplayer first person shooters, especially on console.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so can any of you guys think of a good reason that D&D needs an [anime] thread rather than just threads about particular anime shows?

like the [one piece] thread, while it seems like kind of a dumb show, doesn't spiral into the sun the way the generalized anime thread did.

So that when the war begins, we know where to look first for conscripts.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh my god, this new south park is so fucking hilarious. I've never seen them get this self-referential.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so can any of you guys think of a good reason that D&D needs an [anime] thread rather than just threads about particular anime shows?

like the [one piece] thread, while it seems like kind of a dumb show, doesn't spiral into the sun the way the generalized anime thread did.

No, not really.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

picture a D&D front page with anime threads faaaar as the eye can see

that is our future

we need a policy of containment

Elendil on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You guys are just ani-hatin'.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They wouldn't be sustained.

There are like whole forums for anime already anyway.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I am afraid of the cancer metastasizing into the blood stream

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    >_>

I've done a lot of changing in the last couple of years.

it's cool and all I am just still surprised to remember you have a girlfriend and then people were saying things and I was like wait what

The whole religion thing (among other things) was holding me back for a while. It's been a nice change I think.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    good for you flippy

that kind of thing warms my heart

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

that is our future

Maybe we could build a fence.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    good for you flippy

that kind of thing warms my heart

mine too

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another on the anime thread thing.

I don't know if I would consider it a megathread-ish topic or not. It can really be viewed at either way.

I never really looked at the thread, except when someone would mention how bad the OP was and I was curious. If it's a problem thread then I say that's up to the mods to decide if it's worth it.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Star Wars by Martin Scorsese would work too.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

that is our future

we need a final solution

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong but don't we have a vague 'no megathread' rule and wouldn't the anime thread be considered a megathread?

yeah that is basically what i am thinking

the anime thread was iirc already there when i joined the mod staff, so i guess i kind of saw it as being grandfathered in, and anyways smiting megathreads was a little before my time as a mod and never really my thing

but really it strikes me that the anime thread is basically a problematic megathread

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We should just have an anime subforum.

Will can mod it!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When there's a general anime thread, it just encourages people to make poast about the latest harem 'comedy' they've started masturbating to. When you have to make a dedicated thread, there's more of a stigma.

Like, wow, I am the guy who decided to host the thread about fucking Sister Princess. I am the head of the Sister Princess fan club at PA. I need to reevaluate my life!

Or at least that's how I imagine it. They're probably a lot more shameless.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Will can mod it!
    second

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another on the anime thread thing.

I don't know if I would consider it a megathread-ish topic or not. It can really be viewed at either way.

I never really looked at the thread, except when someone would mention how bad the OP was and I was curious. If it's a problem thread then I say that's up to the mods to decide if it's worth it.

The last time I participated in anime threads, both ViolentChemistry and Clawshrimpy posted in them.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Will can mod it!
    second

Will, Thanatos, and Pheezer.

Drez on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

My one concern is people starting like five hundred threads.

The larger issue is that certain people just aren't obeying the general rules of this forum.

--

What about folding it into a sub-forum of Graphic Violence? Since anime is mostly just animated manga and manga is just comic books from Japan?

And then just make sure that the most vicious and diabolical mod of all is in charge of it.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

The last time I participated in anime threads, both ViolentChemistry and Clawshrimpy posted in them.

See that was the Golden Age.

I might have even posted a couple times, I don't remember.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    When there's a general anime thread, it just encourages people to make poast about the latest harem 'comedy' they've started masturbating to. When you have to make a dedicated thread, there's more of a stigma.

Like, wow, I am the guy who decided to host the thread about fucking Sister Princess. I am the head of the Sister Princess fan club at PA. I need to reevaluate my life!

i don't know what that show is

how do you know

Elendil on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Sister Princess
    Oh the time has come
    And you know that you're the only one

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hello internet

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Will can mod it!
    second

all in favor?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010

that is our future

well see that was my fear

100 anime threads and people posting cartoon stills in chat and stuff

but it hasn't happened since the anime thread was closed

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    I understand. How big is the forum though? It sucks, but it's VERY hard to contextually moderate. For someone to really moderate "trolling" fairly and effectively, they'd really have to be rather familiar with specific threads and posters, so modding (especially in high-traffic forums) usually comes down to obvious rulebreaking.

Which sucks, because the trolling is what really needs to be culled from such forums, but it's harder to detect. Trolling can be very subtle.

The forum as a whole is probably bigger than any one subforum here on PA but definitely not as big as all of PA, and they have sixteen mods to go around. It's just that they seem to participate very rarely and even when they do, you almost never see the kind of hands-on thing we get here - locks for clusterfucked threads, helpful advice to keep discussions on track, et cetera. Also, they give OPs huge amounts of discretion; if I start a thread called "Drez sucks," and you came in and said "I don't suck," they'd yellowcard you for being off-topic. Even in blatantly inflammatory threads.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Will can mod it!
    second

Will, Thanatos, and Pheezer.

And dragonsama.

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    hello internet

what

you can't just say hi to the entire internet

your greeting has to be resolved by all of the DNS servers and shit

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Will can mod it!
    second

all in favor?

Huzzah!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    will we got owned the first couple games but won the next couple

WOOO!

my sniping is getting a bit better but i still suxxor the assmar

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mike do you just sit on a hill and fire your sniper rifle

do you just do that

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i don't know what that show is

how do you know

Oh god I've been exposed!

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

that is our future

Seriously, even if initially there are a lot, they won't be sustained on the front page all at once.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    anfrony i had fun playing bad company 2 and it WASN'T WITH YOU cuz you SUCK and have a better computer than i do

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    oh man this is the episode of star trek where deanna troi gets mindraped by some telepathic memory miner

Troi gets mindraped? You need to be more specific :P

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Mike do you just sit on a hill and fire your sniper rifle

do you just do that
    NO i sometimes run around to a different hill

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

that is our future

bscap0068tz.jpg

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.