As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New iPhone leaked

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    I have an android phone but only because I don't like virtual keyboards. If they made an iphone with a slidey keyboard i would snatch it up.

If I were to get a smart phone I would get an Android for exactly this reason.

Unfortunately I can't afford a new phone or a data plan so I'm just going to keep using my regular-ass phone.

I have to actually say the touch interface on my non-iphone is so damn good I have only unslid it a couple times, when I wanted to type out a long bit of potential writing before I lost it from my headmeat.

The text prediction on it is REALLY good. I mean REALLY good and it's even very forgiving of missing the first letter, and it gives alternate word selections in a carousel menu so you almost never type a whole word...and the landscape keyboard is actually very comfortable enough for my very large fingers, while the portrait one takes a little more precision but is very usable.

oh and it can do incredible computing tasks like run two apps at once ...

JohnnyCache on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really wish I could get a Blackberry that isn't running on 3-year-old hardware and software. But I also like not having to pay for a phone.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    The iPhone autocompletion/correction thing kinda irks me once in a while. I just wanna type hell without it trying to correct the word as he'll. And other assorted irritating words. Plus my fingers feel too fat sometimes

those ads with the phone typing stuff by sliding it all around the keyboard without lifting your finger looks intriguing.

he'll and ducking are the most annoying

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    goddamnit crwth now it's stuck in my head

Squall on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    I have an android phone but only because I don't like virtual keyboards. If they made an iphone with a slidey keyboard i would snatch it up.

If I were to get a smart phone I would get an Android for exactly this reason.

Unfortunately I can't afford a new phone or a data plan so I'm just going to keep using my regular-ass phone.

I have to actually say the touch interface on my non-iphone is so damn good I have only unslid it a couple times, when I wanted to type out a long bit of potential writing before I lost it from my headmeat.

The text prediction on it is REALLY good. I mean REALLY good and it's even very forgiving of missing the first letter, and it gives alternate word selections in a carousel menu so you almost never type a whole word...and the landscape keyboard is actually very comfortable enough for my very large fingers, while the portrait one takes a little more precision but is very usable.

oh and it can do incredible computing tasks like run two apps at once ...
    :rotate:

Abracadaniel on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tmobile is probably so pissed at google for google voice.

"We have a great deal! You can call any five numbers for free, any time!"

"Here is an app that will dial one number to access any number in the world, so you can call everyone an unlimited amount."

":x"

Langly on
    edited April 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    I am getting pretty frustrated with Apple and their limitations on their iPhone.

Considering pretty strongly jumping ship.

Unless the iPhone 4 is like super-jailbreakable.

what is 'super-jailbreakable'

cause it's already been jailbroken

Abracadaniel on
    edited April 2010
    maybe he means really easy to break?

like, super easy. I'm super serial.

Langly on
  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still have an iPhone 2g

it is hella lame

zen- on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Squall wrote: »

oh no it's stuck in my head now too :(

re: autocorrect - any time i'm at chili's and i text people that i am there, it autocorrects to cholos

apple HQ is definitely in california all right

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited April 2010
    if this really truly is the new iPhone

not a fan of those volume buttons

Abracadaniel on
    edited April 2010
    also I'd hope the new iPhone is slimmer than that

zen- on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    crwth wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »

oh no it's stuck in my head now too :(

crisis averted: back to listening to Homestuck Vol. 4

Squall on
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    The iPhone autocompletion/correction thing kinda irks me once in a while. I just wanna type hell without it trying to correct the word as he'll. And other assorted irritating words. Plus my fingers feel too fat sometimes

those ads with the phone typing stuff by sliding it all around the keyboard without lifting your finger looks intriguing.

it takes a minute to get used to type-on-release texting but when you do it makes the touch screen much more usable.

JohnnyCache on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    zen- wrote: »

it is hella lame

Savages! Savages!

(barely even huuuuman!)

KalTorak on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I am getting pretty frustrated with Apple and their limitations on their iPhone.

what is 'super-jailbreakable'

cause it's already been jailbroken

Sure why not.

Also has super cool aps that apple hates.

Blake T on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

just say yes to Android

Centipede Damascus on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010

it's slimmer than the 3GS in the side-by-side comparisons

500x_comp1.jpg

Monoxide on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tell me when cellphones are just chips embedded in your wrist.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tell me when cellphones are just chips embedded in your wrist.

Like the guy in the $3000 suit is going to move my hand up to my face to talk on the phone?

Come on!

KalTorak on
    edited April 2010
    Monoxide wrote: »

it's slimmer than the 3GS in the side-by-side comparisons

that's a start, I guess

I think I'm spoiled by the ultra thin nokia I had recently

zen- on
    edited April 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

it is hella lame

Savages! Savages!

(are we huuuuman!)

Or are we dannnceerrrrrrrr

Langly on
    edited April 2010

I think either those are just an interim solution for the testbed ones and will be replaced with the standard volume rocker, or they're going to be multifunction buttons that are assignable in some apps, like using them as a shutter or zoom for the camera.

but i dunno, we'll have to see if this is even the real form factor come june

Monoxide on
    edited April 2010
    I'd be interested in what sort of applications the front-facing cam will be used for, aside from the obvious video-phone stuff.

Abracadaniel on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I kinda dig the new buttons to be honest, it gives it a real utilitarian feel.

Blake T on
    edited April 2010
    Also, somewhere in Cupertino someone is getting their balls chopped off and fed to an Apple TV.

Abracadaniel on
    edited April 2010
    I'd be interested in what sort of applications the front-facing cam will be used for, aside from the obvious video-phone stuff.

myspace pics

Monoxide on
  • AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    After reading the whole giz article, I change my mind. I really like this. Not enough to be pissed that I'm stuck with a 3GS for another two years, but this is definitely a cool phone. More-HD screen, nice. Two volume buttons that can be used for a camera button, nice. Overall, it's pretty neat.

Alpine on
    edited April 2010
    Jobs is now just going to scrap this and put iholophone into the fast track production line.

Langly on
    edited April 2010
    Like the phone's styling is something akin to a device from the 1960's or something.

Clean and to the point.

Blake T on
    edited April 2010
    Monoxide wrote: »

I think either those are just an interim solution for the testbed ones and will be replaced with the standard volume rocker, or they're going to be multifunction buttons that are assignable in some apps, like using them as a shutter or zoom for the camera.

but i dunno, we'll have to see if this is even the real form factor come june

Hmm, that would be nice. I guess I'd have to play around with it for a bit. It's not as though I use the volume controls that often as-is, but RAR ARARAR CHANGE IS BAD.

Abracadaniel on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    While this does look good, I won't be rushing out to spend £££s on upgrading from the 3GS. When you consider what it can actually do, for the size it is, I'm content with it.

e.g. Take a video of something and have it sent around the world within seconds. All from something that fits in my pocket. Fucking remarkable.

Bad-Beat on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, if this is the real deal I'm sort of happy I haven't upgraded from the first gen yet - I really like it

Usagi on
    edited April 2010
    I actually use them quite a bit.

Mainly because it clubs once you turn it up you can actually hear people.

The rest of the time I have it pretty quiet.

Blake T on
    edited April 2010
    Seriously though it better have a decent spec upgrade though.

The 3GS is still pretty slow in comparison to other smartphones out there.

Blake T on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so my contract with sprint is up this month

might have to switch and get one of these

looks pretty sexy

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited April 2010
    It's probably going to get the A4 chip

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

Abracadaniel on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010
    Seriously though it better have a decent spec upgrade though.

The 3GS is still pretty slow in comparison to other smartphones out there.

... no it isn't.

With the exception of the two or three newest Androids coming out its one of the best spec'd phones on the market.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited April 2010
    I can think of three that are faster right now?

The 3GS while faster than the 3G still isn't that fast.

Blake T on
This discussion has been closed.