As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Money is sent. And I'm always down for more prophunt.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Rockman53Rockman53 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    If anybody is going to travel from out of state for this, I have my 2 spare gaming machines that are free for use.

I live in the Seattle area, but would LOVE to join in on the fun, provided one of these machines is still available?

Rockman53 on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rockman53 wrote: »
    If anybody is going to travel from out of state for this, I have my 2 spare gaming machines that are free for use.

I live in the Seattle area, but would LOVE to join in on the fun, provided one of these machines is still available?

Ill put you on the list of people to poke. Im still giving it a few days to wait for a few people on the fence about coming in from out of state to commit to this. Look back in the thread again around like wed or thurs

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sadly I won't make this event. =( I have previous plans my girlfriend reminded me of. Well actually her plans that I am stuck attending. Perhaps I'll make it to the next one.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Ill put you on the list of people to poke. Im still giving it a few days to wait for a few people on the fence about coming in from out of state to commit to this. Look back in the thread again around like wed or thurs

Maybe pop me onto that list, as well? I'm in Seattle area and have a gaming machine, but its components are scattered to the four winds whilst I replace the fragged drive and figure out why it's not connecting to teh 'Netz...

Oh, and I have Steam with the Orange Box, as well as Natural Selection.

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so you just need a harddrive and a windows reinstall?

If you want to play the reinstall game at the LAN I have spare components to complete the machine for the event :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    W00tstock in Portland, May 8th, for anybody that's interested. I'm considering it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Why go to the portland one when you can go to the seattle one on the 7th? :P
    (Yes, im going to seattle wootstock)

BigRed on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I never heard they were coming to Seattle... Guess I should have looked. :P

But yes I will probably attend that one then.

EDIT: Details. Tickets.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just in case you haven't been reading the vancouver meetups thread, me, ACC3SS, tr0tsky, and absintheminded are also coming down to the seattle w00tstock.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Awesome. We should all meet up and go in together or something, since it's all general admission.

EDIT: Anybody know if we can get around ordering tickets from STG? It's as bad as Ticketmaster, charging over $11 in fees. I want $25 tickets, not $36. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Awesome. We should all meet up and go in together or something, since it's all general admission.

EDIT: Anybody know if we can get around ordering tickets from STG? It's as bad as Ticketmaster, charging over $11 in fees. I want $25 tickets, not $36. :P

I hear that!

We could chance getting them day-of at the door...

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Late Breaking News!!!!

There will be a Happy Hour this Friday, April 23rd. A Pizza Mart, in the U-District (University Way between 50th and 52nd). Starting: 5:30, I guess? Show up whenever!

This is eye-shuh's very last Happy Hour as a Seattle resident :(

Everyone should come! And no bitching about being poor or whatever! There will be plenty of pitchers, I'm sure of this.

And BigRed, I don't want to hear a goddamn thing about how you're not going because you have more delicious beer at home, because, that's just cruel! :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Im not going because I will be at the Intel LANfest event in Dupont......

....DRINKING DELICIOUS BEER

Ill have to see when im being picked up for that... I might be able to show.

BigRed on
  • Options
    Rockman53Rockman53 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pizza and beer? Count me in. Also if anybody gives you bs about transportation, tell them to give me a holler.

Rockman53 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pizza and beer? Count me in. Also if anybody gives you bs about transportation, tell them to give me a holler.

hahaha, it sounds like you learned something from last time!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There are odds. Those odds are in my favor. I should be able to make Pizza + Beer night for hello/goodbye to eye_shuh.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    HAY YOUS GUISE!

ONLY 9 SEATS LEFT AT THE LAN!

My spare machines are now open for all, first who posts after this gets to claim one. You must prepay for the LAN, You must not have a gaming machine of your own, and I require to be compensated with a beer of my choosing (under $10) for use of the machine :D

BigRed on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I know I'm a new forumer, but I'm moving into Seattle by the end of July, and would love to find some people to hang out with. :D

Heleor on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    I know I'm a new forumer, but I'm moving into Seattle by the end of July, and would love to find some people to hang out with. :D

<REPLACE WITH MORE UP TO DATE TERM>, show your ass up to a forum event as soon as you get into town. We're totally cool with random new people showing up.

ashridah on
  • Options
    ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heleor, as long as you dont turn out to be Ted Bundy or something, I dont think they'll mind a new person.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Late Breaking News!!!!

There will be a Happy Hour this Friday, April 23rd. A Pizza Mart, in the U-District (University Way between 50th and 52nd). Starting: 5:30, I guess? Show up whenever!

This is eye-shuh's very last Happy Hour as a Seattle resident :(

Everyone should come! And no bitching about being poor or whatever! There will be plenty of pitchers, I'm sure of this.

And BigRed, I don't want to hear a goddamn thing about how you're not going because you have more delicious beer at home, because, that's just cruel! :P

I will attempt to be there, in between all the other awesome that seems to be happening this weekend!

Theros on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Snickers told me that I needed to go to this pizza and beer thing. I'm not 100% on it but chances are I'll try and make an appearance.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Snickers told me that I needed to go to this pizza and beer thing. I'm not 100% on it but chances are I'll try and make an appearance.

DOO EEET!

ashridah on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    MY ATTENDANCE IS UNLIKELY

Cause I get home at 5:20 and im leaving for a couple days at 5:30pm.

PLUS I CAN JUST STAY HOME AND DRINK GOOD BEER
    :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What: Phinney Neighborhood Assocition Yard Sale Day
    When: May 22nd 8:30am - 4:00pm
    Where: My house, in front so you don't have to brave the stairs of DOOM!
    Why: Because you have shit that you need to sell and you want to hang around in camping chairs, drink beer (if you are over 21 :P) and shoot the shit.
    http://www.phinneycenter.org/events/garagesale.shtml

Since I am moving in June I need to get rid of most of my worldly possessions and this event is a great way to do just that. I've paid for the advertisement, I'm making signs and doing the other work, I just want people to make this as big as possible and to keep me company. I'm right next door to the neighborhood center so I expect a lot of traffic and will be taking over the end of my cul-de-sac so there is plenty of space for anyone who wants to get in on this.

All I ask is that you 1) stay for as long as you are selling stuff 2) put your initials on your price tags so we can keep track of the money 3) take anything with you that you don't want heading to Goodwill on Sunday. I can store some stuff before the event but am renting a truck on Sunday for a huge goodwill run.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If I have my car back by 5:30, I will try to make it to the happy hour! I'll be hanging out in that neighborhood regardless, so it should be okay.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BUMPING!

Still 8 seats free and I still have my 2 spare gaming machines that nobody has claimed yet. If you dont have a gaming machine and want to go post/PM me :D

BigRed on
  • Options
    ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Um... BR hop onto IRC I wanna ask you something.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am not home right now... PM me on my home nick (BigRed)

BigRed on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    You're not logged in at all.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    ...the fuck?

Its probably one of the guest accounts then. Id wager nickserv fucked up. oh well, Ill be home tomorrow. If its super important PM me on the forums here.

BigRed on
  • Options
    PARAGASPARAGAS Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hello. I don't think I've ever posted in the PA Forums but I recently met up with a bunch of you awesome forum people in Walla Walla. Just thought I'd introduce myself and see how many other cool people I can get to know before Prime this fall.

PARAGAS on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PARAGAS wrote: »
    Hello. I don't think I've ever posted in the PA Forums but I recently met up with a bunch of you awesome forum people in Walla Walla. Just thought I'd introduce myself and see how many other cool people I can get to know before Prime this fall.

Yay Paragas!!!! Paragas is awesome!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    LAN Soon! :D

Its supposed to be shitty weather all week and clear up this weekend. I am excited.

Still 8 seats left :P and I still have 2 computers available for those without gaming machines.

BigRed on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How much beer can I bring across the border (bottles). My very quick look did not find a satisfactory answer.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you can bring 24 bottles/cans of beer

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry I missed eye-shuhs goodbye. At least I know she'll be in Seattle before long. Did a lot of people ended up making the trip to Walla Walla?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If nobody uses those spare machines im going to be SAD :( I even upgraded one of them!

BigRed on
  • Options
    PARAGASPARAGAS Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would love to get in on the LAN action since I never gone to one before and don't own a gaming PC but I'm borderline broke and have to work Saturday night.

Does anyone here go to Shultzy's on University Ave for Charity Trivia night on Tuesdays? I usually go with other local PAXers which included eye-shuh. They also have that Franziskaner beer and other good selections.

PARAGAS on
This discussion has been closed.