As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Bad is the new Good- New Patch notes in OP

• WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Warcry wrote: »
    No flares on the Apache either. Someone has been lying. Get in the angry dome, we'll test the 'being traced so you get flares' thing.

Maybe it's VAlt-Fire? Like I said, it's been a long time since I've even tried it.
    If it IS Alt Fire, then flares would be limited to the Blackhawk.

Tried it. Didn't work. I tried V Smoke and V alt on everything. I even tried Armour.
    Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.

Can someone that has tried the new tracer tell me how much faster it is now?

Four times as fast. Literally.

Also, the Uzi is better than the PP 2000 due to the minimal recoil. Shit is awesome.

Warcry on
  • grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.

Can someone that has tried the new tracer tell me how much faster it is now?

4x speed buff apparently.

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So they nerfed alot of the things that previously killed me and buffed my Abakan? Alright then.

Goomba just has to promise not to yell at me when I use it.

Winnie The Pooh on
  • ofthefountainofthefountain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks guys, I guess it's time to go back to tracers instead of 1911 when I'm an engie then.

ofthefountain on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So they nerfed alot of the things that previously killed me and buffed my Abakan? Alright then.

Goomba just has to promise not to yell at me when I use it.

It's ok, there are plenty of other things we can kill you with :}

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am "special"....

How the hell do I use the xbox360 PA Metatag that I always see mentioned?

My tag is Damoven for anyone who wants a game or 2

cmsamo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, there's little more satisfying than playing against a group of people who are worse at the game than you. Tearin' those kids UP.

Muramasa18 on
  • SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder what the chances of attackers winning on Isla Innocentas is now?

Since with the tracer dart buff, Blackhawks are going to be shot down in a matter of seconds.

Sigtyr on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gonna use the Type 88 til I make it love me

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pajama_Man wrote: »
    The overall class changes are nice.

I'm a little irked by the change they made to the bolt action sniper's minimum damage range though. It kind of throws out the little bit of uniqueness that they had between them.

Oh well. All things considered, the SV-98 got a range buff :mrgreen:

what did they actually do?

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

The r7 changes are near the bottom. The chart is updated. If you want to see the old chart just use google's cache.

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Horrible Browser not as Horrible anymore guy

Zen Vulgarity on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sirs I shall not bear insults to my good word and honour

I demand satisfaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcld3lAMYqs

(@5:00)

Robman on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tried every concievable combo of vehicle and specialization, including getting a pubbie to trace and lock onto me. Nothing. No flares at all. If someone can figure out how to do this shit, post it here.

Warcry on
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gonna use the Type 88 til I make it love me

I love the Type 88 with the 4x scope. Jumping in the fray, dropping danger close mortar strikes > *

wusoldjr on
    edited April 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    I wonder what the chances of attackers winning on Isla Innocentas is now?

Since with the tracer dart buff, Blackhawks are going to be shot down in a matter of seconds.

Nope, since VSmoke gives you flares the Blackhawk is still A OK.

The annoying bit though is for the attack Helos, since with the flare buff you're insane to not take the VSmoke as a pilot (and in general, really), making the VAlt Weapons pretty much useless unless it's a pubstomp.

Robman on
    edited April 2010
    Looks like this game just went up the tactical meter by about eleven notches. This is pretty awesome.

Warcry on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cmsamo wrote: »
    I am "special"....

How the hell do I use the xbox360 PA Metatag that I always see mentioned?

My tag is Damoven for anyone who wants a game or 2

You need to send a friend request first, then once it is accepted (which it may not be - I'm not sure who actually manages it) you can go to the gamercard for the metatag, and see which people on its friends list are actively playing.

Yall on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I think what happens is that there's no visual indication or anything, the dart just goes away.

edit: Also hahah dang SV98 is now best sniper rifle even harder.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The overall class changes are nice.

I'm a little irked by the change they made to the bolt action sniper's minimum damage range though. It kind of throws out the little bit of uniqueness that they had between them.

Oh well. All things considered, the SV-98 got a range buff :mrgreen:

what did they actually do?

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

The r7 changes are near the bottom. The chart is updated. If you want to see the old chart just use google's cache.

So If I'm reading that right, sniper rifles are now even worse at killing people at long ranges than before vis a vi LMGs & ARs?, and no more 1 shot kills out to 40 yards with the m95?

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Okay, so flares work, that's cool, and you can see it, per that video. Only one problem remains.

It takes 20 seconds to reload the smoke package.

It takes 3 seconds to reload a tracer dart.

D:

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am going to play this so hard when I get home from work. It is another short day so I had better see Rak and the other stoners on there when I get home at around 7:30 estern.

That_Guy on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How big is this damn patch?

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, I'm about to hop on and try out the new patch. Wish me luck.

fsmith1 on
    edited April 2010

Steam updated it painlessly for me

UPDATE RE FLARES

I can't get them to work in a server by myself (VSmoke enabled!), I guess it requires a hostile missile lock before you can fire them?

Also, it's good that the flares don't make you immune, since vehicles are supposed to support the ground troops rather then just indiscriminately rape faces. This just means that you have a fighting chance 1 on 1 with an engineer.

Robman on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hit up the Dr. Pepper site and my codes just said they were unlocks for Mass Effect 2. Didn't see anything for Bad Company 2, although Battlefield Heroes was listed.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I hit up the Dr. Pepper site and my codes just said they were unlocks for Mass Effect 2. Didn't see anything for Bad Company 2, although Battlefield Heroes was listed.

suuucckkkaaaaaaaa

I actually like Dr. Pepper, so I don't mind buying it, but I'd like my unlocks too!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's pretty normal, since they're not out yet.
    The kit upgrades will also be coming to PS3 and PC a little later on, we’ll post the exact release dates here as soon as we can.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, my first impressions from a short game are as follows.

The M16 has not really been nerfed, it's still just as deadly with magnum ammo.
    The Abakan is a bit better, but it's barely noticeable.
    The T88 LMG is no longer useless, it's actually like a PKM with 200 rounds in the belt instead of 100. It's looking like this might be my new LMG of choice, though I've yet to try the MG36 or the XM8 LMG.
    The sniper "nerf" sounds bad, but really the snipers have not even taken a hit to effectiveness (provided you always aim for the head as you should)
    All the bolt actions are pretty much identical now aside from feel and sights.

fsmith1 on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Finallyyyy, a patch! Looks good all around. The changes to medics were needed something fierce! Curious as to how much this affects the CG, although from the looks of the stats, not too much...basically they toned down the biggest issue.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited April 2010
    From 2.7 to 1.8 kill radius.

Which is like 3.7 to 2.9 explosivemk2 radius.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Edit: Nevermind, was looking at damage vs range.

CarbonFire on
    edited April 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    how does 1.8 X 1.25 = 2.9???
    8 (the maximum damage radius) - 1.8 = 6.2. 100 / 6.2 = 16.12903225806452. 20 / 16.12903225806452 = 1.24. 1.7 + 1.24 = 2.9.

20 comes from 100 - 80, since 20% of 80 is 20, which is 100, which is a kill.

So I guess it's more like 3m because it's actually 1.8 and not 1.7, but still.

edit: STILL EXPLAININ' IT

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Now the real question is, will the changes make people use something other than the M1911, and will it be worth it? :P

The CG still looks meaty, simply no more mass killings from the radius. Granted, your behind a wall and your still screwed.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Please bear in mind that DICE has an established history of not actually changing things in the game, even when they said they made a change. It would not surprise me in the least if there are some red herrings in that list of weapon tweaks.

Perception is reality I suppose...

I'm most excited about 3 motion balls + faster re-stocking from ammo crates. So good.

Rage on
    edited April 2010
    All of the pistols, at least THEORYCRAFYINGLY SPEAKING, appear to be balanced. Even the M93r.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I wonder why the felt the need to nerf V-Reload. I never felt it was that powerful to begin with, especially for ground vehicles. I guess maybe with the attack chopper gunner position it was a bit strong, but choppers are all but screwed now with the much faster tracer dart so :3

CarbonFire on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Doesn't actually seem like anything's different on the 360 end. Guess the update was something else?

Mechanical on
    edited April 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Doesn't actually seem like anything's different on the 360 end. Guess the update was something else?

360/PS3 patches are still in the pipe

Robman on
  • HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Steam said 349MB (and some change)

Hawk on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Mechanical wrote: »

360/PS3 patches are still in the pipe

So the update was simply for the store, then. Huh. Oh well.

Mechanical on