As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moonstone and Songbird on the same team didn't work on the Thunderbolts before. Moonstone is a manipulative bitch, and she should really sit it out in prison for a while.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought they had pretty good chemistry.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I can at least understand Songbird being pissed. She turned against Osborn and helped fight against him ages ago while the Avengers were off being cowards. Now they get the glory and Songbird ends up on Thunderbolts again.

WHERE IS TASKMASTER DAMN'T! He should be leading the Avengers.

DarkWarrior on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can at least understand Songbird being pissed. She turned against Osborn and helped fight against him ages ago while the Avengers were off being cowards. Now they get the glory and Songbird ends up on Thunderbolts again.

WHERE IS TASKMASTER DAMN'T! He should be leading the Avengers.

If anyone would be great in the T-Bolts it would be Taskmaster. Him and Eric O'Grady as Ant-Man.

Solar on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Luke Cage's new armbands make him look like the Michelin Man.

Songbird's new look seems to hearken back to her original Screaming Mimi identity. In earlier Thunderbolt storylines, she almost had some multiple personality issues with Mimi, I wonder if we'll see a return of that. It'd be ironic if she reverts to her stone-cold bitch semi-villain persona just when the world falls back under the watch of the heroes.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited April 2010
    She can join forces with the newly evil Baron Zemo

DarkWarrior on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok so some questions for you guys about Dark Reign
    Why did Norman start helping The Sentry and then all the sudden do a 360 and start calling out the Void? Also what the hell is with Sentry in Siege 3?

Also in the Dark Avengers first trade he recruits Novarr then by the time Siege comes around hes gone, what happened there?

and lastly why the hell did Loki sick Norman on Asguard and why did Normal do something that stupid?

Bucketman on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well,
    I think Norman realized that there was no Sentry really, it was all The Void. The Sentry was just The Void letting Bob out to play occasionally. Plus if there is anyone who understands being dominated by a more ruthless mind it would be Norman. That and I think at the start Norman genuinely does want to help, Sentry/Void are stupidly fucking powerful and Norman is narcissistic enough to think that he can control them.

In Siege 3 and I suspect all of Siege what we don't see is The Sentry. What we see is The VOid wearing The Sentry like a costume.

Noh Varr realizes that the Dark Avengers are not good guys so he does a runner

Loki wants to move Asgard away from the mortal plane, the cycle of Ragnarok is broken so Asgard and the Asgardians are free, there is no need for them to be hanging around Earth all the time, plus he's Loki so why the fuck not.

Norman agreed with Loki because the Green Goblin inside Norman's head agreed with Loki. However, the Green Goblin was just Loki fucking around

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BigDes wrote: »
    Well,
    I think Norman realized that there was no Sentry really, it was all The Void. The Sentry was just The Void letting Bob out to play occasionally. Plus if there is anyone who understands being dominated by a more ruthless mind it would be Norman. That and I think at the start Norman genuinely does want to help, Sentry/Void are stupidly fucking powerful and Norman is narcissistic enough to think that he can control them.

In Siege 3 and I suspect all of Siege what we don't see is The Sentry. What we see is The VOid wearing The Sentry like a costume.

Noh Varr realizes that the Dark Avengers are not good guys so he does a runner

Loki wants to move Asgard away from the mortal plane, the cycle of Ragnarok is broken so Asgard and the Asgardians are free, there is no need for them to be hanging around Earth all the time, plus he's Loki so why the fuck not.

Norman agreed with Loki because the Green Goblin inside Norman's head agreed with Loki. However, the Green Goblin was just Loki fucking around
    In the Dark Avengers Annual you really see the deal with Noh Varr and becoming the Protector. So you should pick that up if you want more back story.

cardboard delusions on
  • JeremyRadioJeremyRadio Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    well said

JeremyRadio on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh man, in the Siege: Secret Warriors preview...
    Phobos witnesses Ares death on video. I can't wait to see him go all out on the Void.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't think Phobos is really up to taking on the entity that ripped the god of war in half. He'll probably get a good opening salvo on the Void, but after he loses the initiative I doubt he's going to be the one to really put him down.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is assuming the Void has any kind of fear to exploit.

Furu on
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't think Phobos is really up to taking on the entity that ripped the god of war in half. He'll probably get a good opening salvo on the Void, but after he loses the initiative I doubt he's going to be the one to really put him down.
    Depends if Alex still has Grasscutter still stashed in a closet somewhere.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Grasscutter is still made of molecules just like everything else. Besides, it's not like it's an auto-kill if you get stabbed with it, Ares does after all and he's still rolling oh wait...

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Grasscutter is still made of molecules just like everything else. Besides, it's not like it's an auto-kill if you get stabbed with it, Ares does after all and he's still rolling oh wait...

Obviously a delayed reaction.

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    Clearly.

Solar on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Softened him up for the Sentry I'm sure.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited April 2010
    Of course.

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    Small un-lettered Siege #4 preview.

It only shows about 3 pages of interiors and the rest are the variant covers, which all look pretty sweet.

wirehead26 on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That Quesada cover doesn't look very good.

But yeah Cap, you throw your shield at the giant godlike dude who's going hella crazy. Only your ego would think that would work.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    I think I mistook one of the interior pages for a cover. The one where Eli looks really confused.

wirehead26 on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd be confused too if everyone took a break from the apocalypse to strike a pose.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd be confused too if everyone took a break from the apocalypse to strike a pose.

Well when would they get the chance to pose again after? *Listens* I think I just heard me blow your mind.

Caveman Paws on
    edited April 2010

Thor's probably just done some sort of teleportation, that's an entrance pose right there.

Solar on
    edited April 2010

SOMEONE has never been part of an apocalyptic battle before.

DarkWarrior on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would be amused if various high tech / magical ways to kill Sentry failed, and then someone just ran up and disemboweled him with a Katana of God Stabbing +1.

desc on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'll be disappointed if Siege ends with anything other than Bob beating the Void.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    I'm certainly with you there Munch.

Solar on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think we'd have seen Phobos in the main series more if he was going to be a big part in the ending. Even with the tie-ins, Siege seems like it will read very well by itself - and if you haven't been reading Secret Warriors, you probably don't have any idea who Phobos really is at this point. I figure it will be the Big Three and Bob that stop the Void, with Osborn somehow involved - just call me Colonel Obvious.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    Phobos could easily be put into the ending. All they'd have to do is have him say "You killed my father!" and it would explain itself.

wirehead26 on
    edited April 2010
    Void - "No Phobos, I am your father!"
    Alexander- "What the Fuck?"
    Void - "Hah! The look on your face..."

Solar on
    edited April 2010
    Cap will get the last hit in then say "we did it"

Then Osborn will turn to him and say "Do you really think he felt those love taps? Get back to your day job."

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    I think we'd have seen Phobos in the main series more if he was going to be a big part in the ending. Even with the tie-ins, Siege seems like it will read very well by itself - and if you haven't been reading Secret Warriors, you probably don't have any idea who Phobos really is at this point. I figure it will be the Big Three and Bob that stop the Void, with Osborn somehow involved - just call me Colonel Obvious.

We haven't seen Phobos that much, but then again Osborn came out of nowhere in Secret Invasion proper and got the killing blow. Maybe Bendis won't go out of left field again like in Secret Invasion or Avengers Disassembled but evidence does suggest he may do that.

And I don't think it was announced when Siege: Fallen first leaked, but Tom Raney is the artist (the writer is still secret and is probably Jenkins, but the book is returnable as a result of it).

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    It is interesting to note that earlier versions of Secret Invasion had Osborn's eventual rise to power much more spelled out in the beginning but I guess Bendis wanted to make it more of a surprise.

Regarding characters coming out of left field at the end of Siege, I think Noh-Varr could do that since he apparently had a major power upgrade. I don't want to see him single-handedly take down the Void though.

wirehead26 on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    It is interesting to note that earlier versions of Secret Invasion had Osborn's eventual rise to power much more spelled out in the beginning but I guess Bendis wanted to make it more of a surprise.

Regarding characters coming out of left field at the end of Siege, I think Noh-Varr could do that since he apparently had a major power upgrade. I don't want to see him single-handedly take down the Void though.

He's in the new main Avenger's team, so I'm surprised he hasn't shown up in Siege.

Kyougu on
    edited April 2010
    Avengers #1 Preview (I only have the real pages below, 4 of the 6 preview pages are covers):

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Wonder Man's gonna be evil it's so obvious oh my god what the hell Steve looks like a blue blood snob Go Back to France.

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Eh, Wonder Man has a right to be shitty, after standing up to Osborn and being subsequently thrown in prison.

Also, Beast looks a lot like his old self.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    So basically when it all comes down to it, before Siege the only people who stood up to Osborn were Simon and Clint?

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    Looks irksome.

DarkWarrior on