As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need good cheap 2 player co-op PC adventure/rpg game

RobmanRobman Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I think the title says it all, something other then Diablow 2. My friend and I have been wracking our brains for the past 3 hours to find a 2 player coop game.

Help!

Robman on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    I think the title says it all, something other then Diablow 2. My friend and I have been wracking our brains for the past 3 hours to find a 2 player coop game.

Help!

Titan Quest? It's on Steam.

Esh on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Neverwinter Nights is decent fun with a friend if you can stomach the original campaign or find a 2player user-made module.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Diablo 1.

Icewind Dale 1 or 2 are also good.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Borderlands!

bobmyknob on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bobmyknob wrote: »
    Borderlands!

This, if you don't mind a bit of action mixed in with your RPG loot whoring.

And I know you said PC, but if you have Wiis, I can't recommend Monster Hunter 3 enough. Check out the thread here if you like.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guild Wars: Nightfall, Sacred 2, Trine, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Gears of War, CoD:Modern Wombat 2, Dawn of War 2, HAWX, Resident Evil 5, Swat 4,

obviously stretching the definitions there, but all games are an adventure!

Rook on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baldur's Gate works I think.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In addition to previous answers, Dungeon Siege is good and should be very cheap.

Space Coyote on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seconding Titan Quest.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Already played Borderlands to death, but thanks, we've actually been tossing around the idea of Dungeon Siege (but my friend wants a Steam game, and DS is digitally distributed through some shitty shitty subscription paysite) so I guess we'll look into Titan Quest.

Hilariously, I don't think its actually possible to buy the original Dungeon Siege 2 for less then 60 or 70 dollars at this point.

Robman on
  • Options
    stahstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm actually in this boat myself. My group of friends have started and quit Diablo 2 so many times it's not funny.

I've head kind of good things about Sacred 2. We have wanted to try that several times but we can't bring ourselves to all buy it.

Monster Hunter Tri for Wii is def. a good game for loot whoring. It's not for PC, though. Also, the Monster Hunter Freedoms are pretty much the same but for PSP.

Guild Wars was a good replacement for ~ a month for us. Grab it and the expansions and you can quest with each other, etc. No monthly payment makes it good to come back to several times.

Several MMO's are in the same boat. I'd stay away from WoW since it's expensive as hell to get into with the expansions. Unfortunately, they always have taken a LONG time to get to end game content. And apparently the game is designed for end game only. Not my cup of tea.

There was a game on steam called The Killing Floor (I think) that was a good L4D/RPG game. It was def. a good play for a few LANs.

Good luck, I plan to follow this thread, as well.

stah on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Already played Borderlands to death, but thanks, we've actually been tossing around the idea of Dungeon Siege (but my friend wants a Steam game, and DS is digitally distributed through some shitty shitty subscription paysite) so I guess we'll look into Titan Quest.

Hilariously, I don't think its actually possible to buy the original Dungeon Siege 2 for less then 60 or 70 dollars at this point.

Titan quest and its pretty much required expansion are a good choice. Make sure you get the fan patch for it from the official forums though.

edit: fan patch link http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/29712-REL-Bugfix-patch-1.17

character builder for it http://www.titancalc.com/

if you want to mess around with exp/drop rates and hidden options look up titan quest defiler

for an infinite vault/shared stash program look up tqvault.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seconding killing floor. If you have 4-6 friends it's awesome. I've sunk 250 hours of my life into it which for such a cheap game ain't bad.

Casual on
  • Options
    StonevultureStonevulture Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    I'm looking for cheap 2-player co-op games for Windows as well (particularly RPGs) but I'd be willing to open it up to turn-based games and RTSes also. Civ4 is only $20 on Steam (without any expansions) and was looking to be a decent option, although Civ5 is coming out later this year, supposedly. Not looking to wait or pay full retail, so any other suggestions are welcome.

Stonevulture on
  • Options
    NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Civ4+expansions is $10 on D2D till Monday. Also Dawn of War 2 for $15 and it can be registered in Steam and has coop campaign.

Nathrak on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nation Red?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/