Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

1235722

Posts

  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, they're the ones that did it publicly. But a lot of heroes went against him pretty early on, including Tigra and the Avengers Resistance, War Machine, the Agents of Atlas, American Eagle (by keeping SHRA people off Navajo land), and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    So basically when it all comes down to it, before Siege the only people who stood up to Osborn were Simon and Clint?

    Also, Songbird, Punisher, X-Man, Steel Spider, American Eagle, Jack Flag, and random psychics in Ms. Marvel and Thunderbolts.

  • TexiKenTexiKen knowing me knowing Yule a Partridge in a Pear TreeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pfft, Clint actually tried to kill him, so he's the only cool one.

    And Punisher.

    apkmky_zpse14884d1.jpg
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    So basically when it all comes down to it, before Siege the only people who stood up to Osborn were Simon and Clint?

    Spider-Man went against Osborn in the American Son story arc of Amazing Spider-Man. Osborn managed to use the media to mostly cover it up, though.

  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    Wasn't Spider-Man just after Harry?

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

    But of course, nothing ever came of that plotline.

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Pfft, Clint actually tried to kill him, so he's the only cool one.

    And Punisher.

    So did Wonder Man.

  • TexiKenTexiKen knowing me knowing Yule a Partridge in a Pear TreeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How? With Ionic fist smash?

    If so Simon gets a pass, he is the X-Factor.

    apkmky_zpse14884d1.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

    But of course, nothing ever came of that plotline.

    Was that teh same as the American Son arc or was that a different one?

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    How? With Ionic fist smash?

    If so Simon gets a pass, he is the X-Factor.

    Be restarting the Lethal Legion and getting betrayed by the Grim Reaper for the 58th time in his life, and then getting his ass kicked by the Dark Avengers.

  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

    But of course, nothing ever came of that plotline.

    Was that teh same as the American Son arc or was that a different one?

    It was a one-shot, Norman's list of people to kill and he only kills Punisher. The capture Clint only to be rescued in the NA Annual. So nothing came of 'The List' at all.

    camo_sig2.png
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

    But of course, nothing ever came of that plotline.

    Was that teh same as the American Son arc or was that a different one?

    It was a one-shot, Norman's list of people to kill and he only kills Punisher. The capture Clint only to be rescued in the NA Annual. So nothing came of 'The List' at all.

    So like the rest of Dark Reign.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In Spider-Man: The List, Spider-Man stages a daring break-in to gain access to sensitive HAMMER documents, which he then releases to the press and the public.

    But of course, nothing ever came of that plotline.

    Was that teh same as the American Son arc or was that a different one?

    It was a one-shot, Norman's list of people to kill and he only kills Punisher. The capture Clint only to be rescued in the NA Annual. So nothing came of 'The List' at all.

    So like the rest of Dark Reign.

    Well the Dethlok thing in Wolverine Weapon X seems to being used now, but other than that The List seemed a bit pointless.

    I did like Secret Warriors: The List though.

    steam_sig.png
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nick Fury's list was the best.

    steam_sig.png
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nick Fury's list was the icing on a cake made of icing.

    steam_sig.png
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How sad for Norman... He only managed to kill one person on his list, and even that's not going to stick.

  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One Never let an alligator... Do your taxesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love Nick Fury's list
    Spoiler:

  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if he has to do them in that order? Like every time he saves the world he has to track down Norman and punch him in the face before he can relax with a nice cold one.

    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What is up with Jessica's cheek bones in that preview?

    What is best in life?
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whats up with all of JRJr's women? They're all bulimic or butch. Look at Ms Marvels face in the open scene panel... Ew.

    Edit: Also many of his women end up looking like junkies.

    galactussig-1.jpg
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spider-woman is seriously freaking me out in that preview.

    scale3nk0.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gank wrote: »
    Whats up with all of JRJr's women? They're all bulimic or butch. Look at Ms Marvels face in the open scene panel... Ew.

    Edit: Also many of his women end up looking like junkies.
    His female faces actually seem reminiscent of his father's art. Kind of blocky and flat, but taken a little further.

    Personally, I don't mind them, as its consistent with his style.

  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Gank wrote: »
    Whats up with all of JRJr's women? They're all bulimic or butch. Look at Ms Marvels face in the open scene panel... Ew.

    Edit: Also many of his women end up looking like junkies.
    His female faces actually seem reminiscent of his father's art. Kind of blocky and flat, but taken a little further.

    Personally, I don't mind them, as its consistent with his style.

    It's definitely reminiscent of his dads stuff, true. And I do really enjoy his style, his scenery detail and action scenes are always primo. Just sometimes the faces seem so sinister in his style, a little creepy is all.

    Also beast is distinctly sans-feline.

    galactussig-1.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen knowing me knowing Yule a Partridge in a Pear TreeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thunderbolts #143 was hella lame because they did nothing with USAgent, so he's out in paraplegic limbo for the next writer to probably ruin the character because they don't get how cool he is.
    Spoiler:

    apkmky_zpse14884d1.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So in Siege: Secret Warriors...
    Spoiler:

    What is best in life?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Bondage Discipline Spider-Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So in Siege: Secret Warriors...
    Spoiler:

    So I saw the scans, and I am really glad that this will never ever be mentioned again, because it's extremely fucking stupid. Basically every level is a cognitive failure.

    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My favourite character is getting shat on and this will not stand...

  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Thunderbolts #143 was hella lame because they did nothing with USAgent, so he's out in paraplegic limbo for the next writer to probably ruin the character because they don't get how cool he is.
    Spoiler:

    You do realize the USAgent thing will probably be resolved in this week's Mighty Avengers, yes?

    saiyan2.jpg
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Speicher, GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    My favourite character is getting shat on and this will not stand...

    It's because you use words like "favourite". Marvel hates you for using extra letters.

    XBL: Mega Spooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    My favourite character is getting shat on and this will not stand...

    It's because you use words like "favourite". Marvel hates you for using extra letters.

    I don't necessarily mind that Marvel hates me for spelling correctly, but I do mind that they then take their hate out on cool characters. Poor Alexander.

  • TexiKenTexiKen knowing me knowing Yule a Partridge in a Pear TreeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Thunderbolts #143 was hella lame because they did nothing with USAgent, so he's out in paraplegic limbo for the next writer to probably ruin the character because they don't get how cool he is.
    Spoiler:

    You do realize the USAgent thing will probably be resolved in this week's Mighty Avengers, yes?

    It wasn't, they make one mention to him being helped by medics and then the last page is a splash of the team Assembling to go run off and fight Void/Osborn.

    apkmky_zpse14884d1.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Thunderbolts #143 was hella lame because they did nothing with USAgent, so he's out in paraplegic limbo for the next writer to probably ruin the character because they don't get how cool he is.
    Spoiler:

    You do realize the USAgent thing will probably be resolved in this week's Mighty Avengers, yes?

    It wasn't, they make one mention to him being helped by medics and then the last page is a splash of the team Assembling to go run off and fight Void/Osborn.

    I'd love it if the next issue was Osborn, Cap and Void all turning to Taskmaster and saying "Just keep them away, we don't have the energy to pretend to be weak so they can look good"

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    From reading today's New Avengers, it looks like Loki just furthered another part of his plan.
    Spoiler:

    Yeah, I think Siege #4 is going to have Loki being critical to the Void's downfall.

    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Spoiler:

    :(

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    After reading the Siege tie-ins that came out today...
    Spoiler:

    What is best in life?
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Spoiler:

    :(

    YESSSSSSSSS

  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    After reading the Siege tie-ins that came out today...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    More importantly regarding Loki...
    Spoiler:

    What is best in life?
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At least in Siege:Secret Warriors
    Spoiler:

    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
Sign In or Register to comment.