As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Street Fighter IV: Team RanBat tonight at 9 eastern! Get a teammate!

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Played some PS3 lobby, just long enough to get the 10-game win streak achievement with Sakura and then tried Makoto and Zangief before finding out I have no idea what I'm doing with them. Back to 1P mode for training.

And the fact that I had no headset and I could hear very very faint chat that was being drowned out by the BGM and sound effects didn't help either.

SabreMau on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i fucking love dudley so much

Evil Multifarious on
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hurrg I am so terrible at this. I can do ok in arcade mode, but I absolutely get taken apart by everyone on Live. Maybe I should go home and be a family man. :(

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dangerous wrote: »
    Hurrg I am so terrible at this. I can do ok in arcade mode, but I absolutely get taken apart by everyone on Live. Maybe I should go home and be a family man. :(

Don't give up. Everyone who starts with this will have such a huge disadvantage to the SF4 people.

Lobby with us and you'll learn to win.

It'll still take some practice though.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Ranbats are when, thursdays? I can make one every other week then. I hope nobody minds that I'm not good.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it's going to be so hard to not just play bison all the time, but i need to learn some new characters

bison seems like he's faster, though, and his damage drop is mitigated by the fact that his throws got buffed. mmmm. and psycho punisher is the sex.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Daedalus wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I just picked this up today and I can't help but feel like I kinda got ripped off. Why wasn't this DLC?

Because it's actually a pretty big update? I feel like every change was documented well in advance. You could have seen if you would have felt this was worth it.

RanBats start thursday, the 29th.

Oh, I don't mean I got ripped off here, I mean I got ripped off when I bought Not-Super Street Fighter IV a year ago. I should have known this was coming and just waited, because Capcom does this every time.

Ah, well, what's done is done. Maybe my old SFIV disc will make for a nice drinks coaster.

Given capcom's recent 2d fighter push and the history of every street fighter game ever, don't be surprised when they announce Super Street Fighter 4: Turbo next year.

Jealous Deva on
  • RuffNiteRuffNite Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn i'm doing good progress with ibuki. I finally know how to handle shotos with her. Just need to put in the habit of putting target combos in my play though. Other than the grapplers, I find her matchup against bison to be the most troublesome. His normals are too good =/

RuffNite on
    xbl: RuffNite
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just picked this up today and I can't help but feel like I kinda got ripped off. Why wasn't this DLC?

Because it's actually a pretty big update? I feel like every change was documented well in advance. You could have seen if you would have felt this was worth it.

RanBats start thursday, the 29th.

Oh, I don't mean I got ripped off here, I mean I got ripped off when I bought Not-Super Street Fighter IV a year ago. I should have known this was coming and just waited, because Capcom does this every time.

Ah, well, what's done is done. Maybe my old SFIV disc will make for a nice drinks coaster.

Given capcom's recent 2d fighter push and the history of every street fighter game ever, don't be surprised when they announce Super Street Fighter 4: Turbo next year.

Not that there won't ever be another revision to SF4, but if it contains this much new content I won't mind.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The producer dude, Ono, said that it would be his last SFIV series iteration. So if there'd be a Superer SFIV: Super Harder, it'd be under a new dude.

Wearingglasses on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No different than the Halo crap that MS is pulling or yearly sports titles. Actually it is because it's 20$ cheaper.

Algertman on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aumni wrote: »
    Dangerous wrote: »

Don't give up. Everyone who starts with this will have such a huge disadvantage to the SF4 people.

Lobby with us and you'll learn to win.

It'll still take some practice though.

This is how I am.

Getting schooled in a lobby but I'm having fun.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sorry about missing your invite Chaos, I went to bed shortly after you sent it.

blaze_zero on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe some time we should get a novice lobby going to try and level up our games. I understand the concepts of the game but ignore normals too often and my execution could be much better.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Loving the hell out of Guy. Headed to a friend's place to drink and beat each other up virtually, and maybe physically.

Morvidus on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sooo, how much are you guys loving the game? Just got my 10 wins in a row achievement. Who else is loving Adon. I've never been a rush down player, like ever, but my god he makes it fun.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    edited April 2010
    The producer dude, Ono, said that it would be his last SFIV series iteration. So if there'd be a Superer SFIV: Super Harder, it'd be under a new dude.

That's what they always say though, then the game becomes successful and they're back with "Well, we just wanted to give it one more go to just really push it to 11".

Jealous Deva on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Urgh Deejay is so much fun. He's got everything I wanted in a charge character.

BlueDestiny on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

That's what they always say though, then the game becomes successful and they're back with "Well, we just wanted to give it one more go to just really push it to 11".

And then I'd buy the shit out of it too.

ChaosHat on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Capcom is a business.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • GokuhGokuh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Belated thanks to everyone who joined in my PS3 lobby. Was fun.

Guess I should get a headset sometime since there is no built in text chat feature.

Was worried about my leaving would mess up the lobby but heard that it didn't which is great.

Sigh so much new stuff to learn.

Gokuh on
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gokuh wrote: »
    Belated thanks to everyone who joined in my PS3 lobby. Was fun.

Guess I should get a headset sometime since there is no built in text chat feature.

Was worried about my leaving would mess up the lobby but heard that it didn't which is great.

Sigh so much new stuff to learn.
    Yeah GGs. :)

edit: I gotta learn to play well sitting in a chair. I play best on the floor but it's killing my knees. :(

T-bolt on
  • SynapseSynapse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I see nothing wrong with this, so long as they keep adding and re-balancing. This feels like such a fresh change from vanilla SF4, I can't stop playing.

Guy is fantastic. Juri is disappointing. Dudley is a gentleman beyond beyond his time.

Synapse on
    brawl code: 1719-2854-9722
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Synapse wrote: »

I see nothing wrong with this, so long as they keep adding and re-balancing. This feels like such a fresh change from vanilla SF4, I can't stop playing.

Guy is fantastic. Juri is disappointing. Dudley is a gentleman beyond beyond his time.

Ibuki is a beast, Adon is fun, Juri is disappointing.

ChaosHat on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My 360 does not want me to play this game. For the hour I had with it, I really enjoyed Ibuki.

Also, Juri is disappointing. I was all like "cool, let's see what the hype is about" and she didn't feel like a solid character.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Juri can do some pretty crazy stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some really good Juri's popping up.

I don't really like her that much because I don't care to charge fireballs, but she has a lot of tools.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So bad at the new characters.

So rusty with execution.

Oh it hurts.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You guys are making me feel bad.

But yeah, she is a bit disappointing.

Though I think the key will be learning to use her counter properly.

The move is pretty good.

Dragkonias on
    edited April 2010
    Here's something I was noticing, is it just me or does Dan seem a lot better now? I was just playing as him, and it seems like his moves flow together a bit better now, like they reduced recovery times or something.

Jealous Deva on
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gooooo Guy.

Kinderparty on
  • klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anybody find that all ten new characters are INSANELY fun to play as?

both final fight characters specifically

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • ShizumaruShizumaru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A little rusty after playing a good handful of matches today... makoto seems a little disappointing so far.. at least not as good as she was in 3S.. her normals come out slow and most of her specials seem to trade poorly or have little priority. Gonna stick with her for awhile and see if i can't come up with a good game plan with her..

Shizumaru on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yay, I'm playing now!

Boo, I apparently can't figure out how to change costumes.

Yay, I like Juri!

Boo, I'm rusty on my fight stick...

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's something I was noticing, is it just me or does Dan seem a lot better now? I was just playing as him, and it seems like his moves flow together a bit better now, like they reduced recovery times or something.

Dan is pretty solid though he's still going to be fairly low in the rankings I think. He can combo into his new Ultra though, and his taunts are now zero damage hits.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What, three pages and nobody talks about how Hakan plays?

Come on guys.

Godfather on
  • klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    What, three pages and nobody talks about how Hakan plays?

Come on guys.

one tip on how to dominate with him: OIL SLIDE,ALOT

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GGs everyone on PS3 tonight.

All the new characters are a ton of fun to play, maybe too much hah. I'm becoming pretty attached to Guy as well as Ibuki. I really hate T(errible) Hawk.

Biggest wtf moment was seeing two fireballs pass straight through Hakan's EX oil, also how the hell do you land his second ultra??

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • irnirn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GGS everyone... I threw out a couple friend requests.

CONDOR DIVE

irn on
    cashwore1.jpg
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

All the new characters are a ton of fun to play, maybe too much hah. I'm becoming pretty attached to Guy as well as Ibuki. I really hate T(errible) Hawk.

Biggest wtf moment was seeing two fireballs pass straight through Hakan's EX oil, also how the hell do you land his second ultra??

His second ultra is strictly an anti air ultra. If anyone is jumping/backdashing/(insert airborn move here) when you trigger it will get sucked in.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

His second ultra has to come in contact with someone who is airborn.

I was playing a little arcade ibuki today (no racoon in the story :( ) and had a nice wtf moment. Apparently her overhead > ken's ex tatsu, and i'm pretty sure it went over a fireball too.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig