As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini] Phantastic Revolution, Prologue: GAME OVER, Ixbilt victory!

1111213141517»

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, if I had to pick anyone to drive my bus, it'd be WhiteWolf.

Day One:
    WhiteWolf – switches kime and simonwolf
    Malkor – roleblocks kime [switched to simonwolf]
    CoreGoon – attack and alignment seer on kime [switched to simonwolf]
    kime – boasted! - redirected to simonwolf
    simonwolf – fires on anyone attacking him – failed, roleblocked

End result: simonwolf is attacked, buffed, roleblocked (preventing retaliation), and seered.

Day Two:
    WhiteWolf – busdrives ronrab and The_Reflection
    The Cow King – replicates ronrab [switched to T_R] onto The Anonymous
    The Anonymous – power, quality, and target seer on kime [roleblocked and guarded]
    The_Reflection – his own roleblock and guard is switched onto himself.

Lucedes on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I declare our proboards to have the best color scheme. :P

Zandracon on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    vagrant_winds had pretty much the best Day One (and Day Two) possible.

Day 1 was pure luck.

Day 2 was putting all my chips on the table in a massive gambit and lucking the fuck out. The easiest way to get another rival out was the vote very early on where people didn't have notes on other factions win conditions and a whole picture so a bandwagon could be manipulated. And I thank Samurai for helping me out there.

Day 3+ was helping my allies out and biding my time until I got bored.. I had already won. :P

Also, working with Alegis to fill a complete player list between the two of us was amusing. He had all the networking; I had all the leverage. Worked out perfectly. Ringo even helped us by revealing to me the IDs of his entire faction. :)

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited April 2010
    Spreadsheet, in case anyone was wondering who voted for whom, who targeted whom with what, and similar questions.

Lucedes on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for running Lucedes! I loved my role, it was awesome. "You have to brag about yourself in large bold font and you gain in Toughness." Brag? I can do that.

So I start off just making a bold "I'm awesome" or whatever post. Then Lucedes sends me this:
    Lucedes wrote:
    Large bold!

But today's Boasting is acceptable.

.... You asked for it. Thus the THUNDER GOD was reborn!

A post restriction to boast how powerful I am in large, bold, font? I was made for this :lol:.

Aaanyways, usefulness for my role would prolly have been a 3-4. I could keep myself alive for quite some time against any normal attacks and such. But since I don't think I ever got to actually target myself :(, it wasn't too useful for me... And then I died to everything and everyone haha. The role seemed balanced.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I loved my role.

Except when I got role blocked you jerks :P. I was the replicator and it was very very cool and useful.

Great game!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ixblit Proboards.

I need to learn how to be more active/useful in Phalla.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dammit! dual votes never even occurred to me -_-

no wonder my guesses for who had what votes fell apart by day 3... /fumes

I knew for sure phyphor was ixbilt by day 2, but coregoon's tech vote had me certain he was also ixbilt. then when he died, i was like, wtf? and threw all my notes out the window...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Go team robot!

Lucedes, great game. Thanks for putting it together.

The_Reflection on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Huh, if I had thought Vagrant was working with anyone other than samurai I would've just outed him to the thread

As it was, neither of you contacted me when I had already pulled the vote off of everyone who sent me a PM. The only conclusion to draw there was that sammy was a Witchhunter and you were protecting him, otherwise why not work with the Ereyans?

As for the game, I'm confused as to how it's not a draw, or played out for one more day? There were two Ixbilt and two Ereyans left, right?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Because playing out is boring, silly Ringo!
    Thanks for taking that vote off me early in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBQODlM__14

I'm surprised Ereyan/manara didn't spread their primary/secondary votes over all the ixbiltians. Everything seems to have been stacked on just one wounded person (me). I thought with my leaked PMs you guys would also have a complete list this close by the end.

I didn't really like how all the firepower from the major factions (well, ours at least considering we only had seering, roleblockguard and a copier and lacked a designated killer) had to come from the votes, with the secondary even less manageable. Thread died out with all the votes happening right at the (for me) super late deadline. :(

Good job on the faction fluff Lucedes, cool beans. Thanks for hosting.
    Thanks V_W, Coregoon (I tried to stop the bloodthirsty philosophers!) and REG_Rysk in the name of Ixbilt for the fun times we had.

Alegis on
  • WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I tried to get law to stack on alegis, who I was convinced was ixbilt, cause I knew they had more people.

Oh well.

WhiteWolf on
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Delph, Dellllph, I played it straight with you all along and you were conniving with the Great Beast behind my back?

Bad luck for me! The early wound made me useless to any factions during the vital early period, so they really had no reason to bring me in on anything. I missed all this behind the scenes back and forth organizing and could only go by public posts, which were... fairly light on the ground. :mrgreen:

Good game, Lucedes, thanks for running!

ronrab on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had a wonderful moment when we had seer'ed simulacrum and alegis, and I failed to read the results properly. I ended up sending alegis to simu thinking he was an unmasoned ally on accident. The scramble to fix that was amusing, and I was surprised Alegis lived until the last day.

REG Rysk on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Huh, if I had thought Vagrant was working with anyone other than samurai I would've just outed him to the thread

As it was, neither of you contacted me when I had already pulled the vote off of everyone who sent me a PM. The only conclusion to draw there was that sammy was a Witchhunter and you were protecting him, otherwise why not work with the Ereyans?

As for the game, I'm confused as to how it's not a draw, or played out for one more day? There were two Ixbilt and two Ereyans left, right?

I would guess it's the wound that decided it.

We would split our vote, vote for the uninjured guy first, then injured guy second, both die from the tech kill & attack with no way of preventing it, but Ereyan has no way to do that, the best they can do is a kill + a wound.

Phyphor on
    edited April 2010
    ronrab wrote: »
    Delph, Dellllph, I played it straight with you all along and you were conniving with the Great Beast behind my back?
    We hid your presence and pushed other targets instead of you. As long as you were alive he wouldn't leave the game, so it was in our favor to keep you alive and have vagrant kill our enemies.

Alegis on
    edited April 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »

I would guess it's the wound that decided it.

We would split our vote, vote for the uninjured guy first, then injured guy second, both die from the tech kill & attack with no way of preventing it, but Ereyan has no way to do that, the best they can do is a kill + a wound.

That right there. Ixbilt had a way to kill both remaining players next turn, and Ereyan did not; the injury was what decided the game.

Lucedes on
  • CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    coregoon's tech vote had me certain he was also ixbilt. then when he died, i was like, wtf? and threw all my notes out the window...

I never had a tech vote, mine was just a plain old ordinary vote. :P

Great game Lucedes! :D
    And thanks to Alegis for providing me heaps of useful info, I would have been so lost without that. :lol:

Overall I think everything was fairly balanced, although I do wander what would have happened if all three powerhouses (the solos) were allowed to run amok with their various powers.

The only thing to criticize would be the lack of activity. I can't think of any immidiate solution here though.

CoreGoon on
    edited April 2010
    Every Ixbiltian had 1 tech vote (phyphor had +3 as his power), dunadan had +2 tech. REG_Rysk, as the tech philosopher, had +1 tech.
    Pretty nice how Samurai deflected the nature vote with his nature invulnerability.

Vagrant_winds messed some votes up because he had +2 nature and later absorbed +3 magic from eating up eipnoom. Double seering VW had its advantages.

Alegis on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ringo, I want to give you the "So Prideful that I go against my win condition" award. I told you I didn't have to kill you yet you spend all that time blah blah blahing like Ke$ha to kill me.

Other than that, It was a great game. Thanks Lucedes.

samurai6966 on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yet you spend all that time blah blah blahing like Ke$ha to kill me.

I love you for this

The_Reflection on
    edited April 2010
    CoreGoon: The little factions had a + 1 / +1 vote in the two types they weren't hunting. That worked out... uh... not that well, as they tended to get ganked pretty directly. They were meant to be able to assist either faction they weren't hunting. Which was unfortunate, because none of them had any real seers, which would have helped immensely, so they never networked.

As far as the factions lacking firepower: They did. Their advantage was generally numbers, not great shanking. The littler factions needed more firepower in order to balance out their lack of numbers and lack of vote-control, while the big factions needed to kill a bit more openly. The vote+ roles were a substitute full-vig and a way to hide the other faction members until the late-game.

Each faction also had a way to deal damage: Marana had a way to permanently wound targets, Ixbilt had a Replicator that could give them a copy Attack, and Ereyan had someone that changed someone's target to a target of their choice, which was really pretty powerful.

Lucedes on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    +3 Magic votes was by far the most useful absorbed power.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good game Lucedes.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    ronrab wrote: »
    We hid your presence and pushed other targets instead of you. As long as you were alive he wouldn't leave the game, so it was in our favor to keep you alive and have vagrant kill our enemies.

Darn it, there goes my excuse for a grudge vote next phalla...

ronrab on
    edited April 2010
    And we did feed you correct marana targets!

Yeah the replicator (and especially Ereyan's director) were powerful, just that as Ixbilt we were fucked as we never got to use the +3 tech for sniping and the replicator got roleblocked most of the time. So we survived by having the mini groups do the killings for us, but that went out when they all left the game.

Are you going to make a main out of this Lucedes? The factions were cool indeed.

Alegis on
    edited April 2010
    I'm eventually going to run a main off this theme, and there are going to be more factions / different factions. They are going to be more balanced, in terms of power level and opposition. There might be another mini before the main, depending on how design things work out and depending on what things I need to test.

The next one will definitely be a bit better, in terms of design and execution, no matter what size it ends up being.

Lucedes on
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for running Lucedes.

I had fun despite dying pretty early.

simulacrum on
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the game Lucedes! I really enjoyed my power, even though I'm still not sure what the fuck happened Day One.

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited April 2010
    This is what happened day one:

The_Reflection – roleblock and guard on Ringo.
    Ringo – pretends to be Dunadan019 – is roleblocked and fails.
    Toxic Toys - moved Ringo to samurai6966 – failed, Ringo is roleblocked.
    Arivia – homing heal-kill on Ringo (failed – Ringo isn't hurt)

Lucedes on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pooooooooost the spreadsheet.

If you don't have a spreadsheet, shaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Spreadsheet, in case anyone was wondering who voted for whom, who targeted whom with what, and similar questions.

REPOST FOR SPECTRUM!

EDIT: It gets noticeably better-organized as it progresses.

Lucedes on
    edited April 2010

REPOST FOR SPECTRUM!

EDIT: It gets noticeably better-organized as it progresses.
    Well then why do you even need to post daily results, gosh.

Also, I see a disturbing lack of formulas there.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2010
    That's because I am not a spreadsheet master.
    I am merely a student of the spreadsheet.

Lucedes on
    edited April 2010
    That's because I am not a spreadsheet master.
    I am merely a student of the spreadsheet.
    You need some COUNTIF in there

And some autoadjustments in the formulas for taking into account the multiple votes. (That's pretty trivial also.)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Spectrum, teach me how to mine fish.

Lucedes on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, not that I minded the result (once you made it clear that the cage thing was over that night), but when you tell someone that any powers targeted at them will simply miss, and then proceed to violate that description on Day One, you've got a problem

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited April 2010
    Spectrum, teach me how to mine fish.
    Lucedes has been inducted into the dark arts in IRC.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2010
    My hand has been burned by the black dark magic of sumifs() and #NAME?

#NAME? will haunt my dreams, I can already tell.

Lucedes on