As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
edited May 2018 in MMO Extravaganza
Pax Arcadia
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/draenor/Pax_Arcadia/
<Pax Arcadia> is a friendly Alliance guild on the US-Draenor server. The core of the guild is made up of Penny Arcade forum users and their friends and family.
We are a casual guild, but passionate and dedicated to creating a fun and successful environment for our guild mates. Do you want a place to socialize and troll trade chat for an hour after work? Do you just want to run a few heroics with silly persons? Want to work on progressing through the end-game raid content? We do all of that and more!

brDe918.jpg
Noisymunk on

• AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OP is butts butts butts.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    AfroJ wrote: »
    OP is butts butts butts.

This really should have been put in the OP somewhere. Shame on you Noisy.

Also may want to mention what chat channel they should join as well as our voice chat info.

skorch on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Added it.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Also, New Thread Smell is because Saint Justice quit The Game (you never quit the game) and we need to have access to our OP so we can keep it current.

Good luck out there Blu.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want to emphasize one thing: Dick jokes.

Also: The need for at least one other dedicated raid healer, maybe two just in case the whole tanking thing ever works out for me. Preferably a Durrid but honestly we'll take another Shaman if we have to.
    Please don't make us take another Shaman.

Kreutz on
  • LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As stated in the OP, we'll take anyone into the guild who likes to have a good time and who is no more mature than your average 5th grader (we test for this with extensive usage of dick jokes).

From a raid perspective, we are in need of a non-shaman healer and a dps to fill out our 10 man roster.

LeftOnRed on
    edited April 2010
    You guys and your silly raids. You should be recruiting people for our magical sunset tours of forgotten lands.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2010
    Its true, I do give motorcycle rides. Though be warned I will drive off cliffs and kill you to amuse myself.

Also I do drag people to the CORE or AQ40 for fun sometimes.

skorch on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Great OP, noisy. Someone should post the full clawshrimp comic though. It's glorious! Good luck with all your future clashrompin' endeavors. Hopefully, I'll see some of you on steam in the near future, perhaps we can get our Borderlands/TF2/L4D2 on. BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reached 77 today on Marinora, healing in instances has been somewhat enjoyable. I am curious about how much of a difference I will find between heroics and normals.

Seg on
  • RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You will be very bored healing heroics as a druid.

Ratmike on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ratmike wrote: »
    You will be very bored healing heroics as a druid.

So I should track how many people log out in a rage just because I decide to DPS a bit because the actual DPS can't fight their way out of a paper bag?

Seg on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do it.

I always find it funny when my healer starts dpsing in heroics.

I find it particularly funny when they beat out dps on the meters.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wooo new thread!

I'm at 16 with my Rogue, and 24 with my Hunter. Convince me to continue, as my will to level up new peoples this close to Cataclysm is splitting me in two!

On one side, I need to be high level to see the new, pretty content!

On the flipside, though, I want to see what all-torn-up Azeroth/starter zones look like!

:cry:

Kami on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm wondering what I am going to do when Cataclysm comes around. I barely play my main, and I seem to have trouble going back to old main characters with the release of a new expansion. My first character, Steev the human warrior, is still sitting on my old PVP server at level 61. I have a priest named Richt on this server who was my first serious alt, but he's never done any raiding. I got him to 80 not long after the release of WotLC, but almost quit soon after like I did when I got him to 70 during Burning Crusade. Had this guild not been formed, I'd probably not have stayed in the game as long as I have.

So I've got my draenei mage and he's relatively well geared, but if I start a worgen or whatever when Cataclysm comes out, chances are I'll stick with him to 85 and beyond. Oh well, who knows what'll happen.

SteevL on
    edited April 2010
    skorch wrote: »
    Its true, I do give motorcycle rides. Though be warned I will drive off cliffs and kill you to amuse myself.

There is no fun in those places. None.

LeftOnRed on
    edited April 2010
    LeftOnRed wrote: »

There is no fun in those places. None.

There is only sadness, and really really awful horrible itemization.

And 3 manning Rag and getting him down before Sons makes me very very sad.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2010
    But wont someone think of the poor lonesome bug mounts and Tier 1 gear. They would be happy to be locked away in my bank.

Also Jaxx weekly tonight around 7-8 server?

skorch on
    edited April 2010
    But wont someone think of the poor lonesome bug mounts and Tier 1 gear. They would be happy to be locked away in my bank.

Better yet let's 25 man pug it like we did last week, since that went so well. :)

Kreutz on
    edited April 2010
    I think the idea for tonight is the weekly and VoA.

LeftOnRed on
    edited April 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »

Better yet let's 25 man pug it like we did last week, since that went so well. :)

Yes and lets have the pug fall apart on twins so Noisy never gets a chance at that trinket and ablooablooabloo.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2010
    It's not our fault that the raid leader, upon witnessing the heroic failure on the first attempt, decided that the best way to overcome those problems was to take the initial strategy and add stupid.

LeftOnRed on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Great to see the new OP. I'd like to be back on ASAP, but what can I say, finals are a bitch.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited April 2010
    Logged in this morning to find this guy chilling out under my helicopter.

4564275784_c6b7534c58_o.jpg

I am so ready for the expanded stables in Cata.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Grats Noisy. Also, I hate you so much.

Kreutz on
    edited April 2010
    BM is for noobs.

LeftOnRed on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It warms my shriveled, scotch-soaked heart to see this.

Keep on keepin' on Clawshrimp.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited April 2010

Reminds me of

1551p0czoomma.jpg

Which has quickly become my favorite t-shirt.

Kreutz on
    edited April 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »

Reminds me of

1551p0czoomma.jpg

Which has quickly become my favorite t-shirt.

Goddamn Hippy.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2010
    LeftOnRed wrote: »
    BM is for noobs.

BM is for going big and red and ripping faces off in BG's.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited April 2010
    We gonna attempt to finish Ulduar this weekend? I have a hunger that can only be satiated by titan flesh.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2010
    Maybe? There's a tentative run tonight. Probably depends on how many people can make it. I'll be there if RL is boring.

LeftOnRed on
    edited April 2010
    I'll be there if only to be the designated raider and make sure you guys make it back to Dalaran safely.

Kreutz on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kami wrote: »
    Wooo new thread!

I'm at 16 with my Rogue, and 24 with my Hunter. Convince me to continue, as my will to level up new peoples this close to Cataclysm is splitting me in two!

On one side, I need to be high level to see the new, pretty content!

On the flipside, though, I want to see what all-torn-up Azeroth/starter zones look like!

:cry:

I think the best option is to have your 80 so you can play with everyone else and then alt it up with everyone else to explore the new content.

troublebrewing on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My girlfriend and I are considering leveling some Alliance characters so our Worgen have a nice, comfy home with heirlooms come Cataclysm. We wouldn't mind some raiding on the side in the meantime if you guys aren't too full. Are there any classes or specs you're in particular need of, or you already have tons of? I'm not sure what we want to level yet.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited May 2010
    We can use pretty much anything that isn't a tank or a resto shaman.

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    Raid-wise, we need a non-shaman raid healer and another DPS to round out our 10-man roster. Other than that, you're free to roll whatever you want. We seem to have quite a number of leveling druids now, so we might be good on those. Whatever you do roll you'll be in good company all the way up, we have people all over the place in terms of leveling.

Kreutz on
    edited May 2010
    Marrowgar is the weekly, shall we plan on a first wing clear tomorrow night?

skorch on
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Riale wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I are considering leveling some Alliance characters so our Worgen have a nice, comfy home with heirlooms come Cataclysm. We wouldn't mind some raiding on the side in the meantime if you guys aren't too full. Are there any classes or specs you're in particular need of, or you already have tons of? I'm not sure what we want to level yet.

You can mail heirlooms across faction.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Marrowgar is the weekly, shall we plan on a first wing clear tomorrow night?

Sounds good. I forgot to post this week's raids. I'll do it when I get home tonight.

LeftOnRed on