As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Supernatural]: This is why we can't have nice things, Sam.

• MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hell in that universe, Id kill the devil then go looking for god.

Cos seriously, anything remotely supernatural is bad juju for the human race.

MrIamMe on
  • LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God may very well be who they boys are searching for in Season 6. I had another idea, though. Considering that the next season is supposed to be about the boys' relationship and they are searching for "someone", it'd be kind of interesting if they were searching for Cain. We already know they are both descended from Cain and Abel, Cain, being the first murderer (And possibly the first monster) and was condemned to walk the Earth for eternity, could be a very interesting character for the boys to go after. Plus, it would keep with the whole biblical mythology without having to resort to Old Ones or what-have-you.

Lynx on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ugh... god I hope not. I've had more then enough Christianity for one season thanks. It has been great... but if this extends into next season I'm going to be one sad camper.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited April 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    ugh... god I hope not. I've had more then enough Christianity for one season thanks. It has been great... but if this extends into next season I'm going to be one sad camper.

It's sort of been there since Season 3, what with Lilith. And the Angels showed up in Season 4. I just don't know how else they're really going to top Lucifer as far as threats go.

Lynx on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would prefer they get back to their roots instead of trying the one-ups-manship.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lynx wrote: »
    God may very well be who they boys are searching for in Season 6. I had another idea, though. Considering that the next season is supposed to be about the boys' relationship and they are searching for "someone", it'd be kind of interesting if they were searching for Cain. We already know they are both descended from Cain and Abel, Cain, being the first murderer (And possibly the first monster) and was condemned to walk the Earth for eternity, could be a very interesting character for the boys to go after. Plus, it would keep with the whole biblical mythology without having to resort to Old Ones or what-have-you.

I still say they're likely to search for someone they know, Jo and Ellen didn't seem to be in Heaven or Ash would have known, so where are they? Hell? And tonights episode I do believe has something else going down so yeah, might be someone else they are trying to help next year due to the ramifications of this season before it's over. Would make sense.

Cade on
    edited April 2010
    I would prefer they get back to their roots instead of trying the one-ups-manship.

They're going to have a main threat, that much is certain. Hence the suggestion of Cain. Not more powerful than Lucifer, but possibly more cunning and it would be a good cat-and-mouse for Dean and Sam to chase after him.

They aren't going to have a season of just MotW. Plus, Season 1 was, easily, the weakest season of the show. The end was good, when they finally caught up to Daddy Winchester, but they can't fight the Devil and just go back to fighting regular monsters for an entire season. Something big and bad needs to pop up.
    Cade wrote:
    I still say they're likely to search for someone they know, Jo and Ellen didn't seem to be in Heaven or Ash would have known, so where are they? Hell? And tonights episode I do believe has something else going down so yeah, might be someone else they are trying to help next year due to the ramifications of this season before it's over. Would make sense.

Eh, I dunno about Jo and Ellen. I think Ash just didn't realize they had died. If they're going to search for anyone they know, it's going to be John. Otherwise, it'll be God or. . .someone else that no one has thought of yet.

Lynx on
    edited April 2010
    The thing is, the plot armor has gotten so thick on the Winchester boys, and any humans they come into contact with are unceremoniously slain constantly.

There really is very little tension outside of the seasons main story arc, the individual episodes have very little tension to them at all.

I would like to see it get back to the boys trying to keep civvies alive in the here and now, against monsters that are cunning enough not to bum rush a shotgun / whatever.

Lately its been all big picture, which is good, because the main story arc is something I want to see resolved in a well written manner. But I would like to see them zoom in on the individual stories again.

--

I'm guessing the reason Ellen & Joe havent popped up in heaven is because the Hellhounds actually dragged their souls down into Hell. Though on the other side of the coin, if all the reapers were busy watching Deaths resurrection, they might not have reaped them at all, and some Deamon could have carried them off for torture.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So uh, Crowley's pretty awesome so far.

Edit:
    full ep spoilers

Surprised they didn't actually gank Pestilence this ep. The final 2 are going to be packed.

Liked the confirmation that the other horsemen aren't actually dead, just weak.

Not sure the introduction of the handler and tying him back to Sam was really necessary. We already know Azazel fucked with Sam for his whole life. I guess they needed Sam to RAEG.

Crowley is awesome as is his giant hellhound. Please keep him for season 6.

I think having them trust Crowley so quickly was a bit of bad writing. Well, bad for Dean, anyway. Dude hated Ruby from the start. At least Sam was sorta the voice of reason.

I'm really curious as to if Crowley would keep his word if Bobby makes the deal. He'd be stupid not to keep his word, because if he fucked over Bobby then Sam and Dean would just kill him once they're done with Lucifer. I could see a hang up on a technicality but that still results in a dead Crowley.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh god!
    Lovers in league against Satan!
    Hahahahaha

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm a little irritated that we haven't heard "Mr. Crowley" by Ozzie Ozborne play yet. Perhaps it's too obvious, but c'mon.

Houn on
    edited April 2010
    After watching this episode I got absolutely no doubt in my mind that...
    Bobby accepts the deal and Crowley reneges on the agreement and the boys next season are trying to save his soul. It makes sense and it pretty much sounds exactly what the people said next season would be about the boys trying to save someone.

Cade on
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's nice to see Mark Sheppard get work. I always enjoy his performances as "shifty" characters of questionable moral persuasion. He just does it so well, and I'd say he fits Crowley's character profile rather nicely.

Operative21 on
  • ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I find it fascinating that he plays the exact same character everywhere he goes, but it's impossible to hold that against him.

It's just like, Oh look! Badger/Sterling/Crowley/etc has sauntered on to the show I am watching, good times will follow.

Arkas on
    edited April 2010
    Um was crowley wearing a ring?

Cos if I remember correctly death gave bobby a message.

I just have this feeling crowley is death.

MrIamMe on
    edited April 2010
    Crowley gave the boys the Colt he got from Lillith before Lucifer resurrected/freed Death.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    That whole sequence could have been a ruse.

Lucifer knew the colt wouldnt work after all, and he wanted his vessel close at hand.

MrIamMe on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    So...TWO episodes left now with what essentially amounts to a Monster of the Week, stretching out the encounter with Pestilence. Now means two horsemen, Lucifer, angels and potentially god in 80 minutes.

DarkWarrior on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    Um was crowley wearing a ring?

Cos if I remember correctly death gave bobby a message.

I just have this feeling crowley is death.

Except we saw death in the preview for next week's episode.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    That whole sequence could have been a ruse.

Lucifer knew the colt wouldnt work after all, and he wanted his vessel close at hand.

That's actually a good point, and in last nights episode didn't
    Bobby point the colt at Crowley? And Crowley responded with "That won't work on me"

If the 5 things are Luci+His horsemen, I mean, who knows, I just assumed it'd be very powerful angels that the colt couldn't kill (Lucifer, Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, one other thing)

TracerBullet on
    edited April 2010
    He pointed A gun at Crowley and he also shot it at Crowley.

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    It was a sawed off shotgun with rock salt.

You would think that Bobby would have the house way better protected against Demons, ghost and zombie attacks by this point.

Cade on
    edited April 2010
    I was surprised tere isn't an iron ring surrounding the house.

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    Cade wrote: »

You would think that Bobby would have the house way better protected against Demons, ghost and zombie attacks by this point.

The sawed off was the SECOND gun he pointed at him. It just looked like the colt to me, then again, I guess it could've logically been bobby's six-shooter. To many fucking revolvers in this show.

TracerBullet on
    edited April 2010
    Too many godkillers you mean.

Remember back in teh day when one of the most learned and skilled demon hunters crafted a weapon inscribed with various spells and 6 bullets to kill demons and how sparingly they had to be used?

Then...came the knife.

Then came the angel knife.

I would've taken a tatoo symbol or a quick depossession spell they learn later in the show over that knife.

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    I don't really mind the angel knives. I mean, at least you can go "Hey makes sense that the angels are equipped with knives considering they've fought a war against their own kind in heaven."

But yeah...the demon knife thing. Honestly, I choose to just forget Ruby entirely.

TracerBullet on
    edited April 2010

The sawed off was the SECOND gun he pointed at him. It just looked like the colt to me, then again, I guess it could've logically been bobby's six-shooter. To many fucking revolvers in this show.

Yes your right.

And yes the first gun was a six shooter, not the colt.

The boys have that.

Cade on
    edited April 2010

Yes your right.

The boys have that.

Pretty messed up to leave their crippled hunter friend who's received a personal message from DEATH without much in the way of defense.

TracerBullet on
    edited April 2010
    Or Sam geting all angry at guy we've never seen before and don't care about ignoring the end of the world stuff. Just makes him seem petty.

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    Or Sam geting all angry at guy we've never seen before and don't care about ignoring the end of the world stuff. Just makes him seem petty.

But he has the rage!
    raaaaarrrggghhhh :mrgreen:

I was honestly really disappointed with the ending
    After the epic build up of "We're the ones you should be afraid of." He cuts the guys arm a little then just kills him? I was expecting some form of slow torture. Talk about a let down

TracerBullet on
    edited April 2010

Yes your right.

The boys have that.

Pretty messed up to leave their crippled hunter friend who's received a personal message from DEATH without much in the way of defense.

That was my thought as well and again why I said you'd think he would have better defenses at this point considering what's happened. How can he even get to his bunker when there are stairs involved? When every second counts that's a huge barrier.

Cade on
    edited April 2010
    May be a bit spoilerish but it's mainly damn funny as hell.

Cade on
    edited April 2010
    Bobby doesn't use tongue.

DarkWarrior on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm on episode 14 of season 5 now. Cas showing up while Dean was on the phone with him was golden. Laughed like a madman.

Even better?
    The entire cupid greeting.
    "Is this a fight?! Are we in a fight?!"
    "That is how they shake hands."
    "I don't like it!"
    "No one does."

SniperGuy on
    edited May 2010

Yes your right.

The boys have that.

The boy pretty clearly do not have the Colt. Bobby shot Crowly with the colt. This is pretty clear when Dean reaches for a box of salt to take on the hell hound and not the colt. Also, they showed the knife like, five times and the colt zero on the boys. And, considering the value, it makes more sense to leave it with Bobby unless they know they are going to use it.

Regardless, I am really enjoying Crowly. I'm not familier with the actor, but I feel like I should be. Also, the commercial they played for the next episode (not the one at the end, they played one during the show) was probably one of the best commercials I've seen for this show.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Don't mock my world turtle!"

SniperGuy on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Spoilers, sentry, also:
    The guy playing Crowley was Badger in Firefly. And I don't think that was the Colt. If it couldn't kill Crowley, why would he think it capable of killing the devil?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    The Cat wrote: »
    Spoilers, sentry, also:
    The guy playing Crowley was Badger in Firefly. And I don't think that was the Colt. If it couldn't kill Crowley, why would he think it capable of killing the devil?

Ah! Right... so I have seen him before. Thanks Cat. As for your other point...
    I think Crowly is, and has been, working another angle. To me it's the only thing that makes sense at this point. What I mean by that is I don't think Crowly is an ordinary demon (which is pretty much a given) and I think he had some kind of purpose in sending them after Lucifer with a faulty weapon...

but really, the reason that leads me to believe it IS the Colt is... why would Bobby shoot a demon with a regular six-shooter? It would be like shooting them with a water pistol... except even then a holy water pistol would have been more effective. For me it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited May 2010
    Hes never met Crowley and it keeps hmi back whether hes human or demon while he goes to get his rock salt shotgun.

They would make more of it if it was the colt

DarkWarrior on
    edited May 2010
    Hes never met Crowley and it keeps hmi back whether hes human or demon while he goes to get his rock salt shotgun.

They would make more of it if it was the colt

Seriously? What you just posted is complete nonsense.

Additionally...
    Crowly said it was the colt, and since he's had it for the past like, two years, you'd think he'd be able to recognize it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote: