As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: More like 'Finite Ward', am I right?

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    God damn I wish even a third of games had music as well done as MW2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5TVut_u_0w&feature=related

Such good mans killing music

Why oh WHY! does this not play in its entirety during my match? The game starts this whenever I play as rangers, I rock out for 30 seconds, go shoot the mans around the corner, and the music stops. Rocking out also stops. Then we start playing the same game we were before.

Booker on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I my G36C or a AK74u back :(

Dox the PI on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha... So my friend was playing today. Quarry comes up (TDM) and he gets pissed but plays through it. It ends early because everyone camped and all that... So next map was... Quarry TDM AGAIN! So everyone skips it. Next map? Quarry Domination! So most people leave and my friend gets pissed and leaves to join another lobby...

Which is playing Quarry TDM. He has never been so pissed in his life! It was great!

urahonky on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I never really liked the rangers theme, mainly because it almost sounds like it's about to transition into non stop rocking C&C Generals music, and then I'm sad when it doesn't. Although that problem is true of most of the MW2 soundtrack.

-SPI- on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Command and Conquer has always had kickass music. I have good childhood memories of Red Alert 2.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited April 2010
    Generals music for Rangers/Opfor/141 and Red Alert music for Spetsnaz. Guaranteed rocking out badassness at all times.

-SPI- on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just play it in the background while you shoot mans.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This boat, it is sinking. Now up to 34 from IW gone.

This is a schadenfreude of epic proportions. One day the receptionist will come into work at IW and she'll be the only one left, so.. it'll be on Lisa Stone's head to complete MW3.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
    edited April 2010
    I hope it's the receptionist and Robert Bowling left.

-SPI- on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeeeeeeeeeez guys, stop flooding this thread with nostalgia

It makes me sad to see Westwood's grave :(.

Dox the PI on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heh, who said you need a tube to spam nades with OMA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3EMrF3Be7Y&feature=popt14us10

But for 5 grand I'd do the same.

Also, Hell March 1 & 2 is the only music you need.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • eekseeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Having played a like 20 games with PA people, and my biggest takeaway is how ridiculous the other team seems to end up turtling. Probably because of the fear of rape and what not. The result seems to be that I struggle to get kills, but also almost never die...except after I've throw down my EAD marker on Sub Base and never get my food stamps and welfare checks. Last game I played was on Crash and we won a TDM by 5000 pts and the other team refused to leave the blue house with the broken stairs, and the earlier game on Sub Base the other team clung to the server room like it was their binky.

eeks on
    Eeks aka Erik K
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeahhhh, we were deeee-stroying people last night.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited April 2010
    I don't think I had a match under 2:1 KD, and there was an AC-130 in at least 85% of them :rotate:

But yeah, most of our TDMs were like, 7500 to sub-2500.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Less than 2500? And I thought 3500-7500 was a thumping.

Does anyone have a particular path they take at the beginning of particular TDM maps? I go the same path every time on Sub Base* and Afghan**, and it rarely fails.

*Go down the middle, set up an LMG, wait for a silly bugger on the other side.

**Hole up with an LMG (do you see a connection here?) down the path between the poppy field and the large bunker. Check the small bunker for snipers (targets) first if you're coming from the other side.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    lol, that guy who was attacking brutle yesterday... boy did he last long.

belligerent on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    His post history is gold. Wow.

Blurbl on
    edited April 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    Less than 2500? And I thought 3500-7500 was a thumping.

Does anyone have a particular path they take at the beginning of particular TDM maps? I go the same path every time on Sub Base* and Afghan**, and it rarely fails.

*Go down the middle, set up an LMG, wait for a silly bugger on the other side.

**Hole up with an LMG (do you see a connection here?) down the path between the poppy field and the large bunker. Check the small bunker for snipers (targets) first if you're coming from the other side.

I have set openings for every map. my favorites are:

Skidrow:

C side (marathon lightweight class): Turn right, go up the stairs and kill the silly guy who's climbing the boxes and comes through the window. A side is go up those boxes, sprint to the window facing C and go through the laundromat and flank anyone who was facing the corridor.

Sub Base, Go through the warehouse near the tank, both sides, stopping near the window/door.

Afghan is always flank towards C.

Overgrown, go through barn. etc.

belligerent on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn I wanna try that grenade spam thing now, that looks like a awesome way to secure a win. Is he using Frags or semtex? Does it even matter? Yea it was pretty fun last night, I think we won a match where the other team had 800 points at the end or something like that.

Tridus1x on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    Damn I wanna try that grenade spam thing now, that looks like a awesome way to secure a win. Is he using Frags or semtex? Does it even matter? Yea it was pretty fun last night, I think we won a match where the other team had 800 points at the end or something like that.

He uses semtex on the first position, I think because the stick is important (or because it's not, and the semtex is just boomier). The second position is a frag because you have to roll the grenade into the C room. The third was frags I think.

I'd try it too if I had a couple class slots free. :(

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited April 2010
    I hadn't realized (until I just started this prestige) that one of the default classes is. UMP, Magnum + Tac Knife, Marathon, Lightweight, Commando. That's just mean!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have a new favorite spot to grind FMJ penetration kills. The hallway on Skidrow is delicious. It's basically a guaranteed 3 or 4 per round. I just unlocked FMJs for the M16 last night and I'm already up to 18. I've actually been joining/dropping trying to farm Skidrow.

And after all the HCTDM I'm been playing, I'm not even more enragingly useless in non-HC modes.

TheCanMan on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hadn't realized (until I just started this prestige) that one of the default classes is. UMP, Magnum + Tac Knife, Marathon, Lightweight, Commando. That's just mean!

That class is Marathon/LW/Ninja.

TheCanMan on
    edited April 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »

That class is Marathon/LW/Ninja.
    Really? Whoops. Well, I managed to stab people from silly distances! Thanks, MW2!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I have a new favorite spot to grind FMJ penetration kills. The hallway on Skidrow is delicious. It's basically a guaranteed 3 or 4 per round. I just unlocked FMJs for the M16 last night and I'm already up to 18. I've actually been joining/dropping trying to farm Skidrow.

And after all the HCTDM I'm been playing, I'm not even more enragingly useless in non-HC modes.

I used to lie down in the kitchen and shoot people through the floorboards behind the forklift. Until I realised that I was in the way of anyone coming through the door. :)

For me the best spot is under the plane on Terminal, facing B. I regularly get eight a game just sitting there with a TI. If you're quick about it, too, you can get people through the rear ramp who are coming to get revenge on you, too.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited April 2010
    belligerent on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Generals music for Rangers/Opfor/141 and Red Alert music for Spetsnaz. Guaranteed rocking out badassness at all times.

Hell yes.

Mechanical on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Have they set a firm release date for the Stimulus Map Pack for the PS3? With all the IW departures, is there even anyone left in the office to complete the port?

Lucascraft on
    edited April 2010
    May 4.

Mechanical on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think they already had the PS3 versions of the map pack done, but then Microsoft said "HERE IS A BOAT FILLED WITH MONEY! WE GET MAP PACK FIRST!" and then IW/Activision just shelves the maps for a few weeks.

Burtletoy on
    edited April 2010
    That's what has been known since release.

Mechanical on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but will there even be someone left around to click upload?

I'm worried no one'll be around to turn out the lights :P

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I want to be terrible and try this out. Maybe I can get my first nuke that way! :rotate:

Vee on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, now I have a great reason to run like a madman the hell away from the starting position.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2010
    Another reason to not play Domination, in any case.

I'm calling out from Scatland~:whistle:

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love this game

BWAHAHAHAHAHA the second video is even better, because they're singing about Scatman in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPQ4YqAtEs&annotation_id=annotation_770869&feature=iv

What the hell. I've never had the pleasure of playing against such retards. A harrier or airstrike from one tube? Christ..

Arrath on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've only run into mortars twice. They are a bitch and a half and grounds for leaving.

e: Just finished mastery on all guns too. I've been screwing around with the Riot Shield since then. Throwing Knives are so fun and I'm getting pretty good with them.

SirToasty on
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    I've only run into mortars twice. They are a bitch and a half and grounds for leaving.

e: Just finished mastery on all guns too. I've been screwing around with the Riot Shield since then. Throwing Knives are so fun and I'm getting pretty good with them.

Make sure you're using the riot shield with someone who will run behind you and shoot the guys while they are shooting you. I've tried using the riot shield and if you don't have somebody with you going for a point on domination you are probably fucked. I've also had a shotgun guy run and jump up and shoot me over the shield which would have been awesome if it wasn't so frustrating.

Magell on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I ran into people trying to mortar in SnD once. They started bitching afterwards because I showed them how.

It was glorious.

"Fuckin noob! Go tube some more, faggot!"
    "Umm, you guys started it, I just aim better."
    "...Fuck you."

Docshifty on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    in snd i generally mortar the other side of the map with an oma class for two tubes

usually can snag a kill or two in the very first round

then people wisen up

although the occasional triple or quad in snd is sooooo worth it and it basically doesn't hamper me in any way to do it!

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat