As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: More like 'Finite Ward', am I right?

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i was playing last night with a buddy of mine in TDM, and we went up against 5 dudes in a clan, and it started out 4 v 5. But right when the match started, the other two people on my team quit, so it was just me and my friend vs 5 dudes. I went 47/15 and my friend went 15/18, to beat them, obviously by a lot. It was the most badass ive ever felt playing this game, other than my 26-0 and 33-1 matches (obviously im not as good as most of you folks). It was also weird cuz for the whole 10 mins, no one was added to my team, even though we were playing 2 on 5. They all left our lobby immediately after the game too, it was awesome.

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good games tonight. This game is getting progressively more "Marathon Lightweight Ninja/Commando assfuckingshithole w/ UMP45" and "Quickscoping fucking asshole" every day.

Nothing 15 rounds from an EBR can't handle, though <3

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I ran into people trying to mortar in SnD once. They started bitching afterwards because I showed them how.

It was glorious.

"Fuckin noob! Go tube some more, faggot!"
    "Umm, you guys started it, I just aim better."
    "...Fuck you."

Could we all take a minute here and agree not to tell anyone else about the whole Respawn thing? Maybe those people will stay in MW3.

Ceno on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i was playing last night with a buddy of mine in TDM, and we went up against 5 dudes in a clan, and it started out 4 v 5. But right when the match started, the other two people on my team quit, so it was just me and my friend vs 5 dudes. I went 47/15 and my friend went 15/18, to beat them, obviously by a lot. It was the most badass ive ever felt playing this game, other than my 26-0 and 33-1 matches (obviously im not as good as most of you folks). It was also weird cuz for the whole 10 mins, no one was added to my team, even though we were playing 2 on 5. They all left our lobby immediately after the game too, it was awesome.

I love doing this

I've basically won single-handedly hardcore team deathmatch games

Oh hi there guys being sneaky why yes my silenced FAMAS will rape you

then the airstrike

then the harrier

Oh hello mr pavelow

my my my it is a shame you're not running around with cold blooded

(pavelow absolutely RAPES on hardcore)

Robman on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, check out my awesome Extended Mag G18!

ell o fucking ell

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not enough Akimbo. Perhaps MW3.

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited April 2010
    Not enough Akimbo. Perhaps MW3.

He didn't have Bling.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    I ran into people trying to mortar in SnD once. They started bitching afterwards because I showed them how.

It was glorious.

"...Fuck you."

Could we all take a minute here and agree not to tell anyone else about the whole Respawn thing? Maybe those people will stay in MW3.

Did they all sign with Respawn? Or at least, a majority of them? All I've heard is they left, since I don't want to follow it too much, considering the amount of stupid Activision is liable to throw down, my brain is in danger.

Docshifty on
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I played a few matches on CoD4 PC. Is it just me, or is it just better? The way you can customise matches to how you want is nice.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »

The only people who are surprised are the rock-dwellers

Dox the PI on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    About the Black Ops title? I figured most people were expecting a vietnam game, which that title doesn't suggest.

-SPI- on
    edited April 2010
    About the Black Ops title? I figured most people were expecting a vietnam game, which that title doesn't suggest.

Well find out latter today

anyway, Nov 9th, they really can't go 365 days with out a COD title

and I think it's sad they show the release date before anything else

a real testament to the COD name

Dox the PI on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    It is so humiliating to get dominated by a Korean guy, who doesn't know english, with the name of Baby Flower. It feels so incredibly amazing to then dominate him the next round and run a train of kill streaks on him.

Fizban140 on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

It was glorious.

"...Fuck you."

Did they all sign with Respawn? Or at least, a majority of them? All I've heard is they left, since I don't want to follow it too much, considering the amount of stupid Activision is liable to throw down, my brain is in danger.

The few who haven't signed yet are participating in the huge class action lawsuit that IW employees have launched. Infinity Ward is dead.

Ceno on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, rounds on the house then!

Docshifty on
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

It was glorious.

"...Fuck you."

The few who haven't signed yet are participating in the huge class action lawsuit that IW employees have launched. Infinity Ward is dead.

According to here the number of people who have left IW now stands at 35 with 18 going on to respawn.

Infinity Ward is all but dead in name now.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Well, I guess that lends itself to the whole CIA SAD theories that have been going around for it.

Mechanical on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »

Well find out latter today

So they have a ridiculous deadline to meet just so they can get a CoD game out before Christmas...
    GROUNDHOG DAY!

PaperLuigi44 on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    :^::^: for the new thread title. It made me chuckle.

TheCanMan on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was quite fond of the previous title, but you gotta strike while the iron's hot.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate sabotage. 4 games in a row, and all my team mates wanna do is play TDM with no kill limit.

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, have Respawn actually annouced "Hey, here's a game we're going to be working on" or are they still in the rebuilding phase? I so want them to release a rival series and have it outsell CoD so much.

Blurbl on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »

This has been their release scheme since 3. I'm not sure why people are surprised by this.

Mechanical on
    edited April 2010
    Thinking about an LMG to master that isn't the RPD or AUG.

Pick one for me!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Pick one for me!

The unloved child! The L86!

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Pick one for me!
    MG4!

But only because I can't make it work so maybe it'll make it tougher somehow.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Pick one for me!

The unloved child! The L86!

HEY. I use the L86 all the time.

Try it. Especially Grip + Silencer.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2010
    Pirat suggested first

So I guess I've got an LSW to work on.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Pick one for me!

M249

But only if you like punching yourself in the dick

Robman on
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »

Pick one for me!

M249

Hey man, I use the F2000 occasionally.

Pretty sure I enjoy a good dick punch.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »

Pick one for me!

M249

You mean the M240 and it's not a dick punch! I'm sorry but that gun rocks in my opinion, just don't put a silencer on it, it fires out burning hot marshmellows!

Scold the enemy to death with tasty sugary treats!!!

Steel-Lion on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, pretty much all the LMGs except the RPD and the Aug have such rediculously low accuracy it feels like your shooting blanks. Even with the damn grip.

Blurbl on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Everyone stops playing when I get on? :( Saaaaaad panda.

I just went 24-12, 33-4, 37-3. I am brutalizing people all the sudden. 5-7-11 ftw.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Akimbo UMP 45s is amazing, why has no one told me this?

Fizban140 on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Because ADS UMP 45 is a sniper rifle.

joshgotro on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The UMP has no damage fall off even with silencers. It's completely broken. I've heard it will be patched but I don't know how true that is.

SirToasty on
    edited May 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    The UMP has no damage fall off even with silencers. It's completely broken. I've heard it will be patched but I don't know how true that is.

It's still glitched so it has the Range and Damage of an AR but the speed and mobility of a SMG

Dox the PI on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Break the mold people, use the P90 or Vector they are pretty awesome. Too bad nothing compares to the UMP though.

I'm really loving the silenced Vector, the fire rate on it is amazing. I also love the natural accuracy of hip-firing with it( without steady aim). P90 is pretty boss too but when i'm trying to nail some dudes head long range and behind some crate, then it can get annoying.

Also Sanguine, that riot sheild blitzing was the most amazing thing ever.

Tridus1x on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty much all the LMGs except the RPD and the Aug have such rediculously low accuracy it feels like your shooting blanks. Even with the damn grip.

Try burst firing / quick single shots on the L86. I'm actually able to outsnipe snipers with the thing by just taking it easy.

EDIT: Grip is a must for this though.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png