Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Animals are people too!

18910111214»

Posts

  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i think the best counter-example is the goatmon debacle from a year or two back

    goatmon was basically an inoffensive poster, slightly annoying, but just kinda blended in. then he made some unpopular remarks or something and somebody went and dug up the fact that he was a bit of a furry (probably teefs). two years on, people are still making fun of him for that

    this is when non-privacy and sharing things on the internet isn't a good thing. it's also a prime reason why this is not a non-judgmental environment

    That is an example of when one party had their privacy removed and while others had it intact though. In that kind of situation the lack of privacy is damaging. Should everyones preferences be known to all there would be much less judging and humiliation going on.

    Backwards is right in this, and I cannot comprehend how you guys can continue to attack something that so easy to see. Privacy is merely a way in which we control others perceptions, that is it, the end.

    Whether this is good or bad would be the area of debate, not whether or not it is true.

    Spoiler:
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    OK, I will concede the point that SE++ doesn't fit my definitions

    I guess we are just a bunch of judgmental douchebags after all

    Shut up you blithering goose.

    Spoiler:
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nooooo jigrah has breached containment

    who didn't follow the regulations

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i think the best counter-example is the goatmon debacle from a year or two back

    goatmon was basically an inoffensive poster, slightly annoying, but just kinda blended in. then he made some unpopular remarks or something and somebody went and dug up the fact that he was a bit of a furry (probably teefs). two years on, people are still making fun of him for that

    this is when non-privacy and sharing things on the internet isn't a good thing. it's also a prime reason why this is not a non-judgmental environment

    That is an example of when one party had their privacy removed and while others had it intact though. In that kind of situation the lack of privacy is damaging. Should everyones preferences be known to all there would be much less judging and humiliation going on.

    Backwards is right in this, and I cannot comprehend how you guys can continue to attack something that so easy to see. Privacy is merely a way in which we control others perceptions, that is it, the end.

    Whether this is good or bad would be the area of debate, not whether or not it is true.

    Why do people keep saying this? What evidence is there of this?

    Bigots aren't gonna be change their minds just because everyone knows everything about everyone

    Hell, we all pretty much know each others' races and there is still plenty of racism

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How is "I'm not gonna be racist because other people know I'm a furry and will judge me on that" a proper solution?

    Why is it not.. "I'm not gonna be bigoted because being a bigot is wrong"

    Bname was arguing that people staying closeted out of fear is wrong
    Why is "everyone not being a jerk based on fear of others being a jerk to them" any less terrible?

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i think the best counter-example is the goatmon debacle from a year or two back

    goatmon was basically an inoffensive poster, slightly annoying, but just kinda blended in. then he made some unpopular remarks or something and somebody went and dug up the fact that he was a bit of a furry (probably teefs). two years on, people are still making fun of him for that

    this is when non-privacy and sharing things on the internet isn't a good thing. it's also a prime reason why this is not a non-judgmental environment

    That is an example of when one party had their privacy removed and while others had it intact though. In that kind of situation the lack of privacy is damaging. Should everyones preferences be known to all there would be much less judging and humiliation going on.

    Backwards is right in this, and I cannot comprehend how you guys can continue to attack something that so easy to see. Privacy is merely a way in which we control others perceptions, that is it, the end.

    Whether this is good or bad would be the area of debate, not whether or not it is true.

    Why do people keep saying this? What evidence is there of this?

    Bigots aren't gonna be change their minds just because everyone knows everything about everyone

    Hell, we all pretty much know each others' races and there is still plenty of racism

    Well, if bigotry was the majority of society then you would be right, bigotry would persist.

    However if it were not, and others preferences, deeds and actions were an open book, bigotry would die as it would not be sustaining. Think about if you knew everyone who was racist, how would you treat them? How would the majority treat them? It wouldn't work out well for them. Bigotry exists because communities and cultures that support it persist, if those cultures and communities were shut off, they would die out.

    Spoiler:
  • edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    How is "I'm not gonna be racist because other people know I'm a furry and will judge me on that" a proper solution?

    Why is it not.. "I'm not gonna be bigoted because being a bigot is wrong"

    Bname was arguing that people staying closeted out of fear is wrong
    Why is "everyone not being a jerk based on fear of others being a jerk to them" any less terrible?

    yeah it does rather seem to be a case of treating the symptoms and not the disease

  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i think the best counter-example is the goatmon debacle from a year or two back

    goatmon was basically an inoffensive poster, slightly annoying, but just kinda blended in. then he made some unpopular remarks or something and somebody went and dug up the fact that he was a bit of a furry (probably teefs). two years on, people are still making fun of him for that

    this is when non-privacy and sharing things on the internet isn't a good thing. it's also a prime reason why this is not a non-judgmental environment

    That is an example of when one party had their privacy removed and while others had it intact though. In that kind of situation the lack of privacy is damaging. Should everyones preferences be known to all there would be much less judging and humiliation going on.

    Backwards is right in this, and I cannot comprehend how you guys can continue to attack something that so easy to see. Privacy is merely a way in which we control others perceptions, that is it, the end.

    Whether this is good or bad would be the area of debate, not whether or not it is true.

    Why do people keep saying this? What evidence is there of this?

    Bigots aren't gonna be change their minds just because everyone knows everything about everyone

    Hell, we all pretty much know each others' races and there is still plenty of racism

    Well, if bigotry was the majority of society then you would be right, bigotry would persist.

    However if it were not, and others preferences, deeds and actions were an open book, bigotry would die as it would not be sustaining. Think about if you knew everyone who was racist, how would you treat them? How would the majority treat them? It wouldn't work out well for them. Bigotry exists because communities and cultures that support it persist, if those cultures and communities were shut off, they would die out.

    This doesn't make any sense
    People ALREADY know who is racist
    You can tell because they ACT LIKE RACISTS

    And they are shunned and scorned and penalized

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    How is "I'm not gonna be racist because other people know I'm a furry and will judge me on that" a proper solution?

    Why is it not.. "I'm not gonna be bigoted because being a bigot is wrong"

    Bname was arguing that people staying closeted out of fear is wrong
    Why is "everyone not being a jerk based on fear of others being a jerk to them" any less terrible?

    yeah it does rather seem to be a case of treating the symptoms and not the disease

    Personally I think bigotry and racism and all that comes in as a defense mechanism, without any privacy protection by classification would not come into play at all. Essentially you would know everyone, and be able to judge them based solely on them and not individual recognizable traits.

    Spoiler:
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    How is "I'm not gonna be racist because other people know I'm a furry and will judge me on that" a proper solution?

    Why is it not.. "I'm not gonna be bigoted because being a bigot is wrong"

    Bname was arguing that people staying closeted out of fear is wrong
    Why is "everyone not being a jerk based on fear of others being a jerk to them" any less terrible?

    yeah it does rather seem to be a case of treating the symptoms and not the disease

    I would argue that removing privacy would not end bigotry

    Ending bigotry would lead to more people being comfortable sharing details more freely

    Even if bigotry were non-existent, however, it would still not be okay for society to compel someone to "come out" or do anything in their private lives if they aren't harming other people

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • FramlingFramling Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i think the best counter-example is the goatmon debacle from a year or two back

    goatmon was basically an inoffensive poster, slightly annoying, but just kinda blended in. then he made some unpopular remarks or something and somebody went and dug up the fact that he was a bit of a furry (probably teefs). two years on, people are still making fun of him for that

    this is when non-privacy and sharing things on the internet isn't a good thing. it's also a prime reason why this is not a non-judgmental environment

    That is an example of when one party had their privacy removed and while others had it intact though. In that kind of situation the lack of privacy is damaging. Should everyones preferences be known to all there would be much less judging and humiliation going on.

    Backwards is right in this, and I cannot comprehend how you guys can continue to attack something that so easy to see. Privacy is merely a way in which we control others perceptions, that is it, the end.

    Whether this is good or bad would be the area of debate, not whether or not it is true.

    Why do people keep saying this? What evidence is there of this?

    Bigots aren't gonna be change their minds just because everyone knows everything about everyone

    Hell, we all pretty much know each others' races and there is still plenty of racism

    Well, if bigotry was the majority of society then you would be right, bigotry would persist.

    However if it were not, and others preferences, deeds and actions were an open book, bigotry would die as it would not be sustaining. Think about if you knew everyone who was racist, how would you treat them? How would the majority treat them? It wouldn't work out well for them. Bigotry exists because communities and cultures that support it persist, if those cultures and communities were shut off, they would die out.

    What?

    If everyone knew who was racist, everyone who wasn't racist would always be haranguing them and hassling them, and they'd just get even more embittered. They'd seek out all the other racists, because we'd all know who they were, and they'd form communities of racists, like they do today, except they'd be even more insulated than they are now. They'd never change, because they'd never be exposed to what they hate.

    This is a good idea?

    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

    their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuck is jigrah sort of agreeing with me

    alright

    pack it in folks

    turns out I was on acid the whole time or something

  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ok seriously, has no one posted this yet?

    MinorityReport.jpg

  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I guess we are just a bunch of judgmental douchebags after all

    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Ho! Ho! Ho! Drink Coke!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuck is jigrah sort of agreeing with me

    alright

    pack it in folks

    turns out I was on acid the whole time or something

    too late, you are now branded

    "friend of Jigrah"

  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuck is jigrah sort of agreeing with me

    alright

    pack it in folks

    turns out I was on acid the whole time or something

    too late, you are now branded

    "friend of Jigrah"

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I remember Backwardsname; him and his best pal Jigrah were nigh inseparable. Those two little scamps always running around the forums, causin' a ruckus

    CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    backwardsname and jigrah, sittin' in a tree

    P-O-S-T-I-N-G

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    I remember Backwardsname; him and his best pal Jigrah were nigh inseparable. Those two little scamps always running around the forums, causin' a ruckus

    brb

    where's the wikihow on noose tying

  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the answer is fuck the white man

  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    the answer is fuck the white man

    Only if the white man in question in hot. Otherwise, do we really want to?

  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    So some nutter in the U.K., Dr. Brett Mills, has recently published an article claiming that animals have a right to privacy and that nature documentaries violate that right. The kicker? This nutbag isn't even a biologist. He's a faculty member of the University of East Anglia's school of film and television studies.

    So what other completely inane and crazy theories have you read about lately?

    How likely is it that bongi will come in here and start arguing the philosophical ramifications of animal privacy? (LOVE YOU TOBY)

    So Using this crazy moon theory do celebrities also have a right to privacy?

  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    the answer is fuck the white man

    no matter what the situation

    this is always the answer

  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    backwards is talking in clinical terms about things people don't think of in basest terms

    i disagree with most of his ideas of privacy and individual freedoms but i do leave the door open for him to articulate what he thinks because at least i can think critically about my own ideas and ideals

    ya'll dudes irascible

  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    backwards is talking in clinical terms about things people don't think of in basest terms

    i disagree with most of his ideas of privacy and individual freedoms but i do leave the door open for him to articulate what he thinks because at least i can think critically about my own ideas and ideals

    ya'll dudes irascible

    anjin are you gonna make it to PAX dogg

    i probably will be broke as fuck but just in case

  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, I'm getting a job soon...I'll see what's up after I take care of some medical bills.

  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Well, I'm getting a job soon...I'll see what's up after I take care of some medical bills.

    man fuck medical bills

    i even have insurance but motherfuckers still charge me extra

    I only have about $800 and I'm hoping to bargain it down, see if I can get my insurance to sack up and cover it, so I shouldn't complain too much

    but still

    fuck 'em

  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    that's obamacare for you

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    man

    saturday night

    been working all day

    pretty much tired as fuck and decided not to go to a party

    ain't know what to do with my saturday night

    basically want to play starcraft II but my key won't arrive 'til monday

    haven't felt this much like a basement nerd in a while

18910111214»
Sign In or Register to comment.