As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BREAKING NEWS: Fat Kids, Shoes, Fat Kids Can't Enlist

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I saw one bro come in with a gold chain, wife beater, and a perfectly angled hat.

i also don't get why people bring in their cell phones.

i bring my cellphone, wallet, and keys with me when i work out.

i don't like leaving without a cellphone and i don't like leaving anything of value in my truck when i'm gone for an hour or more in a campus parking lot

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    part of why I hate weight rooms and what not is because I hate it when people can see me exercise

anxiety is a problem for me

relating to this so hard

I had this too, but it was mitigated by the fact that the guys who were supposedly doing the judging would stand around and talk and look at themselves in the mirror while I would just go in and do my stuff.

I turn into a giant prissy bitch when I workout

I can't stand people being able to see me. I'm constantly checking to make sure I don't look stupid, I don't smell bad, I don't bump into anyone, I don't leave anything in anyone's way, I don't jiggle where I shouldn't jiggle.

To work around this, I've just taken to joining only 24 hour gyms, and I only go when no one else is there.

I was the same way but joining a women's only gym definitely alleviated that. I don't even think about it anymore.

VisionOfClarity on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    part of why I hate weight rooms and what not is because I hate it when people can see me exercise

relating to this so hard

I had this too, but it was mitigated by the fact that the guys who were supposedly doing the judging would stand around and talk and look at themselves in the mirror while I would just go in and do my stuff.

I can't stand people being able to see me. I'm constantly checking to make sure I don't look stupid, I don't smell bad, I don't bump into anyone, I don't leave anything in anyone's way, I don't jiggle where I shouldn't jiggle.

To work around this, I've just taken to joining only 24 hour gyms, and I only go when no one else is there.

I was the same way but joining a women's only gym definitely alleviated that. I don't even think about it anymore.

same here

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

relating to this so hard

I'd totally join a woman only gym

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    you should call her Smart Hera

it was not I who named her

her name is Stareosaurus

Yet her native american name is She Who Wears The Pants.

:x

suck it up buttercup

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have a bench with a bunch of weights I got for free from the owner of the company I work for. Had to leave it at my ex housemate's house in the garage, but I just go over there M-W-F and work out with'em.

Abracadaniel on
    edited May 2010
    SHE WEARS NO SUCH PANTS

Abracadaniel on
    edited May 2010
    note: nobody at the gym is gonna be judging you for what you're doing

or if they do they're monumental faggots but that's a different story.

Dead Legend on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Druhim how badass where you in high school?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

relating to this so hard

A good solution to this is to go in a big ol' hoodie and sweat pants. It'll cover up any jiggling, and will make you sweat easier. And you'll be comfier!

I've been gymming it for a little over a year now, and I would fret about every little thing. I still adjust my shirt too much. The only practical thing I make sure of is that my butt isn't hanging out or anything.

And Stale this may seem cheesy, but I have an idea of your medical history and what it's done to your body, and you're way more of a badass for going to the gym because of it. At least you're doing something about this shit!

Meissnerd on
    edited May 2010

he invented the wheel in shop

Dead Legend on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

he had the fastest chariot etc

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010

relating to this so hard

Dan, you glorious, broken bastard. <3

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I was at the doctor's office a few days ago, I found out that I am 14 pounds away from being considered obese. It scared the shit out of me. I am starting a new exercise routine today and changing my diet, because fuck that. Moving back home really fattened me up, much more than I had realized. Damn economy! Yeah, but really it's my fault for loving my mom's cooking and being lazier in this house for some reason. Time to change all that!

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
    edited May 2010

schoolathens.jpg

Abracadaniel on
    edited May 2010

not at all

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited May 2010

schoolathens.jpg

hahahahaha

Meissnerd on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This gets discussed a lot but I'm quite proud that people got to the epiphany in quick time- that is, how the ultimate answer is "don't be a dick"

Way to go SE++, D&D never quite got there

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited May 2010

schoolathens.jpg

hahahahaha

that's dru down there in the corner

Abracadaniel on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

he had the fastest chariot etc

naked greek wrestling

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    druhim is totalyl diogenes

Skull Man on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    you should call her Smart Hera

it was not I who named her

her name is Stareosaurus

Yet her native american name is She Who Wears The Pants.

:x

suck it up buttercup

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Ooooh, it must have been while you were kissing me.

MeatLoaf.jpg

DrZiplock on
    edited May 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    This gets discussed a lot but I'm quite proud that people got to the epiphany in quick time- that is, how the ultimate answer is "don't be a dick"

D&D never quite got there because it's all fallacies and strawmen and over complicated use of the english language to work in the word of the day to get their intellectual wankfest o-face on

Dead Legend on
    edited May 2010
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    When I was at the doctor's office a few days ago, I found out that I am 14 pounds away from being considered obese. It scared the shit out of me. I am starting a new exercise routine today and changing my diet, because fuck that. Moving back home really fattened me up, much more than I had realized. Damn economy! Yeah, but really it's my fault for loving my mom's cooking and being lazier in this house for some reason. Time to change all that!

Man according to the height/weight BMI shit everyone is almost obese

I am almost obese

Tasteticle on

• CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

but was it wrong for me to laugh (secretly) when I saw a squadron of fatties on scooters from the same family rolling together in Wal-Mart in a flying V?

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

the DnD fat thread was pretty damn circular no pun intended

the fact that so many people were basically saying "theyre fat who cares about them" drove me to rage

although fat martyrism is just as depressing

HeavyVillain on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »

but was it wrong for me to laugh (secretly) when I saw a squadron of fatties on scooters from the same family rolling together in Wal-Mart in a flying V?

That is awesome

Grey Ghost on
    edited May 2010

D&D never quite got there because it's all fallacies and strawmen and over complicated use of the english language to work in the word of the day to get their intellectual wankfest o-face on

it's not important that we actually say anything interesting or meaningful, but how many different ways we can say the same things over and over again

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    I saw one bro come in with a gold chain, wife beater, and a perfectly angled hat.

i don't like leaving without a cellphone and i don't like leaving anything of value in my truck when i'm gone for an hour or more in a campus parking lot

haha, fair enough. I just bus it from my house so I don't have to worry about that. I kind of like the seclusion, actually.

Meissnerd on
    edited May 2010
    Tasteticle wrote: »

I am almost obese

Well it was according to that, but still they write "Obese" on your medical record when you reach that. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be considered obese in any way, and I really don't want it on my medical record. I don't care how inaccurate it may be. It's still a sign that I need to get in shape!

Fandeathis on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I am almost obese

It doesn't take into account that some people have faster metabolisms but are perfectly healthy. Not a great system.

@V: unintended as that pun was, I chuckled.

Liiya on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SHE WEARS NO SUCH PANTS

She wears all the pants

Your only recourse is to wear the skirts

Sheri on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    95% of the time, the only reason anyone goes to the gym is because they're self-conscious about they way they look or how puny their arms are or whatever. Everyone who goes to the gym has to get over that initial anxiety hurdle presented by working out with other people around...judging...

Plus, I think there's some resistance to it because we subconsciously realize that just by being there, we're admitting to all around that we're not perfect and that makes us vulnerable. Maybe that last part is just my own messed up ego.

But it's not really bad, at all, everyone is thinking the same thing and feeling the same way. Just suck it up and go enjoy getting your pump on.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited May 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

it's not important that we actually say anything interesting or meaningful, but how many different ways we can say the same things over and over again

word

Dead Legend on
    edited May 2010

I am almost obese

Well it was according to that, but still they write "Obese" on your medical record when you reach that. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be considered obese in any way, and I really don't want it on my medical record. I don't care how inaccurate it may be. It's still a sign that I need to get in shape!

muscle weighs more than fat so the system is inherently broken

I have a decent amount of muscle so I am basically obese according to the BMI scale

Tasteticle on

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seriously though Smart. Where's the high school photo?

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited May 2010

haha, fair enough. I just bus it from my house so I don't have to worry about that. I kind of like the seclusion, actually.

oh i understand

it's not like i actually use my cellphone in the weightroom, i never understood that

i agree that the best part is not being bugged by anybody

Dead Legend on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

I am almost obese

It doesn't take into account that some people have faster metabolisms but are perfectly healthy. Not a great system.

@V: unintended as that pun was, I chuckled.

My BMI was under 18 once upon a time, but I'm sure I wasn't actually as unhealthy and/or malnourished as they'd have me think

But even now I'm a goddamned stick insect, less than 150lbs and I'm about 5' 10"

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited May 2010

I am almost obese

muscle weighs more than fat so the system is inherently broken

I have a decent amount of muscle so I am basically obese according to the BMI scale

Yeah I have some decent muscles too. Well I'll say semi-decent since I work out a lot less than I used to. I just look a little chubby to be honest. But whether or not that scale is remotely accurate; I have still vowed to get into good shape and am going to do so haha.

Fandeathis on
    edited May 2010

oh i understand

it's not like i actually use my cellphone in the weightroom, i never understood that

i agree that the best part is not being bugged by anybody

one guy was sitting on a rack talking on his phone for 10 minutes. i wasn't even going to use the equipment he was taking up but i wanted to go yell at him some.

Meissnerd on