As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BREAKING NEWS: Fat Kids, Shoes, Fat Kids Can't Enlist

• Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ah, comfort eating. my bane!

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I comfort post

Langly on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I prefer tall, voluptuous women.

and I mean voluptuous in the real way, not the "I'm not fat I'm voluptuous" way.

I guess I just want a woman who would look at home posing in a polka dot one-piece, on the hood of a fully restored Chevy Nova. Pin-ups, etc.
    I have one.
    the woman, not the Nova.

At least you got the expensive part out of the way

potatoe on
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    I have a tendency to date skinny girls. Actually, every girl I have date has ranged from anorexic to just regular skinny. This is very strange, because I generally like bigger girls (like burlesque type body). But for some reason the way things work out, I always end up with girls who accidental elbow you in your sleep and it feels like you got stabbed.

A few have been anorexic or bulimic or both. At this point I refuse to date a girl with an eating disorder. It's way too difficult and scary/depressing.

and I mean voluptuous in the real way, not the "I'm not fat I'm voluptuous" way.

I guess I just want a woman who would look at home posing in a polka dot one-piece, on the hood of a fully restored Chevy Nova. Pin-ups, etc.
    I have one.
    the woman, not the Nova.

Dude, pin-ups are the hottest. I agree with you 100% here. I've only been with one girl who looked like a pin-up. I need to fix that.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I was always a little on the chunky side but had anxiety issues and comfort ate when i was a teen

but when it came time to convert all that.. basically i took up cardiovascular stuff and burnt, burnt, burnt it off

then was when I was closer to a healthy level I protein loaded like hell and just repped and repped until my body gave up being an ass and started to shape up

bear in mind this took me years

I still think this is mighty impressive, just for the record

And out of curiosity, how's the Judo training going?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have gotten pudgy recently. I blame most of it from a slack easy job and having no buddies to go work out with now. I hate working out alone so much.

I used to be a nice toned swimmer with only the hint of a belly I couldn't get rid of. I swear it has to be my twin that I absorbed back in the WOMB.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »

I was always a little on the chunky side but had anxiety issues and comfort ate when i was a teen

but when it came time to convert all that.. basically i took up cardiovascular stuff and burnt, burnt, burnt it off

then was when I was closer to a healthy level I protein loaded like hell and just repped and repped until my body gave up being an ass and started to shape up

bear in mind this took me years

I still think this is mighty impressive, just for the record

And out of curiosity, how's the Judo training going?

uh not so hot to b honest I shouldve gone for the intermediate course instead of the advanced

still Im totally undefeated in all my bouts, only one time have I ever been KO'd
    and it involved you hitting me with a fucking chair

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why do you have to bring that up all the damn time

Honest to god it's like an obsession

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I have a tendency to date skinny girls. Actually, every girl I have date has ranged from anorexic to just regular skinny. This is very strange, because I generally like bigger girls (like burlesque type body). But for some reason the way things work out, I always end up with girls who accidental elbow you in your sleep and it feels like you got stabbed.

A few have been anorexic or bulimic or both. At this point I refuse to date a girl with an eating disorder. It's way too difficult and scary/depressing.

I have one.
    the woman, not the Nova.

Yet.

Yeah, though it's been made clear to me that if she get's that Nova, it will be 100% hers. I'm okay with that, though. Late 70's Novas really are more on the feminine side, as far as muscle cars go.

And I seriously mean that in the best way. I like those cars because they're like a good woman. Kind of cute, a little on the smaller side, but mean as hell when you get her motor going.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    5ft 11 and 174 lbs.

JUST overweight according to BMI, but I am a fat fuck and need to exercise more and not eat shit every damn day.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    6' even and weighed about 185 before enlisting 4 1/2 years ago. Since basic I've been around 155-160. Oddly enough, most people I've spoken to said they gained weight during basic.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    6' even and weighed about 185 before enlisting 4 1/2 years ago. Since basic I've been around 155-160. Oddly enough, most people I've spoken to said they gained weight during basic.

yeah I was like that, because I was a skinny wimpy kid before I joined. I put on a lot of muscle.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Muscle?

Also how can 5'11" and 174 lbs be overweight? I went from 135 to 175 and am now at 165 and people told me the entire time I was a beanpole. They just don't appreciate core strength, fools be all about the glamor muscles.

At 6 feet, 175, there was the tiniest of squishiness to my belly. Really, don't see how someone can be fat.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Muscle?

Also how can 5'11" and 174 lbs be overweight? I went from 135 to 175 and am now at 165 and people told me the entire time I was a beanpole. They just don't appreciate core strength, fools be all about the glamor muscles.

At 6 feet, 175, there was the tiniest of squishiness to my belly. Really, don't see how someone can be fat.

That's what I figure it is. Although I look the same I weigh a lot less. Hooray for exercise. Wait, who said that was overweight? I must have missed it.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jaziek wrote: »
    5ft 11 and 174 lbs.

JUST overweight according to BMI, but I am a fat fuck and need to exercise more and not eat shit every damn day.

This guy.

Should've quoted you both. You weigh about what I do at the same height and so consequently I can bestow on you this in shape medal*.

*there is no medal

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hooray!

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    6' 160 lbs.

been doing manual labor for the last 6 months and now I look good man 8-)

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also still relevant!

hffg.jpg

This picture and the website name just makes me laugh and laugh.

Then get slightly aroused....

Then laugh and laugh

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i've ALWAYS been fat.

made me tougher to get teased.

builds character.

not only are these kids fat, they're fucking SOFT. SOFT LIKE A GODDAMN MARSHMALLOW.

MM MARHSMALLOWS.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also still relevant!

[her first fat girl]

This picture and the website name just makes me laugh and laugh.

Then get slightly aroused....

Then laugh and laugh

This scares me!

Fandeathis on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What did the subscribers to that website do before there was an Internet?

I'm seeing some eighty-year-old man stumbling across that website and just breaking down in tears. "Oh my god, finally."

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I wonder what other untapped markets there are.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jaziek wrote: »
    5ft 11 and 174 lbs.

This guy.

Should've quoted you both. You weigh about what I do at the same height and so consequently I can bestow on you this in shape medal*.

*there is no medal

Hey, we are all the same person! I am like 5'11 180 lbs.
    Get this though, a year ago I was 240 lbs.

My Wii's BMI thing still calls me fat though. FROWNY FACE.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I dunno that seems mighty scrawny for a walrus

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I need cliff notes, that is too long for watching right now.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    naporeon wrote: »
    the worst part about skinny people is skinny bitches complaining that they're fat

no, cunt, you're a bag of bones

No, the worst part about skinny bitches is that they look like little boys and they think they're hot.

matt_kim_01.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Edcrab I always think of Edguy when I seen your name.

Where have the clowns gone?

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It is summer. I don't need my layer of insulating fat right now. Pretty soon though I will need to stock up on fish and baby seals or whatever the hell I eat.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010

It is summer. I don't need my layer of insulating fat right now. Pretty soon though I will need to stock up on fish and baby seals or whatever the hell I eat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYdBei43_4

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I need cliff notes, that is too long for watching right now.

Cliffs notes:

When you eat 120 calories of Glucose, roughly half a calorie makes it into VLDL (and 23.5 calories or so into glycogen). 80% of it was used elsewhere in the body before going to the liver, and it causes insulin to go up so your hunger goes away.

120 calories of Ethanol, 20% is used outside the liver, 96 calories hit the liver (ie, 4x as much). None of it is made into glyogen. Almost all of it is converted into VLDL, exits the liver as fatty acids, causing insulin resistance, or just as plain old fat (read: beer belly). The remainder forms JNK1 which can cause cirrhosis.

120 calories of Sucrose (sugar - 50% sucrose, 50% fructose). 12 of the glucose makes it in, but all 60 of fructose makes it into the liver. Glucose basically is treated as before, but all numbers dropped by half. Fructose is treated more like Ethanol, but not quite the same and can also lead to hypertension and gout (Uric Acid), as well as all the other things that Ethanol did.

So in other words, 50% of your sweetener (or slightly more with HFCS depending on the concentration) can't actually be metabolized by your body, suppresses the reaction which makes you stop being hungry so you keep eating more, can lead to high blood pressure and gout, and is converted directly into fat. 50% of sugar is treated by your body the same way alcohol/other substances it doesn't know what to do with are.

And shit's in everything. There's as much sugar in baby formula as there is in a can of coke. It's like a frigging milkshake.

They've got a lot of statistics and such showing correlation between childhood obesity and juice.

So the tl;dr is "Fructose bad, glucose good. Sugar has both, and the bad outweighs the good."

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If that "juice" is Kool-Aide or Hi-C that shouldn't surprise anyone that it's making kids into little fatties.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yaaaaayy matt and kim

Langly on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Natural sugar is so much better for you then processed sugar. Either way though, you should avoid excess sugar definitely.

Fandeathis on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pretty sure babies actually need a lot of calories in their diet

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Natural sugar is so much better for you then processed sugar. Either way though, you should avoid excess sugar definitely.

yeah i personally just go out into my field of sugar cane with a machete and hack some up then squeeze it out into my cup each time I make a coffee

L|ama on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    the worst part about skinny people is skinny bitches complaining that they're fat

no, cunt, you're a bag of bones

No, the worst part about skinny bitches is that they look like little boys and they think they're hot.

Well that's not very nice.

Damn V, I wouldn't like to get into a fight with you! :P

He said bitches, Liiya, you don't meet that requirement

And yes going out for a drink with V is quite the experience

Last person who tried to pick a fight with the party got tapped on the shoulder and turned around and was basically met by a pair of nipples at eye level

did he take his shirt off before tapping that shoulder

because that would be pretty great

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would just like to posit that I in fact wear the pants
    the romance pants

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I would just like to posit that I in fact wear the pants
    the romance pants

so, do you like clubbing?
    romance pants dance

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »
    What did the subscribers to that website do before there was an Internet?

I'm seeing some eighty-year-old man stumbling across that website and just breaking down in tears. "Oh my god, finally."

twopanels.jpg

Centipede Damascus on