As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BREAKING NEWS: Fat Kids, Shoes, Fat Kids Can't Enlist

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    If that "juice" is Kool-Aide or Hi-C that shouldn't surprise anyone that it's making kids into little fatties.

No, straight up juice.

12 oz Coke: 39g
    8.3 oz Red Bull: 27g
    8oz Snapple Iced Tea: 23g
    8oz Minute Maid Lemonade: 27g
    8oz Orange Juice: 24g
    8oz Apple Juice: 26g (exactly the same amount as Coke)

Straight from Minute Maid, 100% apple juice

250 mL = ~8.5oz

Jragghen on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Edcrab I always think of Edguy when I seen your name.

Where have the clowns gone?

forever my favorite Edguy song

Sars_Boy on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    anyone know what it is about regular sugar that would make my face break out? this has been going on for a while and it's pretty damn annoying. we're talking minute amounts here, like half a pack of jaffa cakes and the next day i'm almost sure to have some new pimples. i'm totally not a pizzaface but having one or two semi-big ones is not optimal.

because of this i've been drinking my coffee/tea with splenda/equal for the past...fuck, two years? i don't know anymore. i really try to limit the sweets but it would be great if i didn't have to.

Faricazy on
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    I need cliff notes, that is too long for watching right now.

Cliffs notes:
    *Stuff*
    Good summary, I've always wondered about these facts. I am hoping this thread continues to be informative.

For the record, I am almost underweight and have been for the majority of my life, but I am expecting my metabolism to show the fuck down as my father's an overweight bald guy. :P

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Manfeet are pretty ugly, yes

speak for yourself, my feet would make tarantino gay

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    I wonder what other untapped markets there are.

If you can think of a fetish, there's at least one forum dedicated to masturbating to it

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Yet her native american name is She Who Wears The Pants.

For what it's worth, it's hard to wear the pants when I wear no pants at home.
    but this is totally right
    Dan is gonna beat me up now. Good thing he left for work.

Stareosarus on
  • iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »
    anyone know what it is about regular sugar that would make my face break out? this has been going on for a while and it's pretty damn annoying. we're talking minute amounts here, like half a pack of jaffa cakes and the next day i'm almost sure to have some new pimples. i'm totally not a pizzaface but having one or two semi-big ones is not optimal.

because of this i've been drinking my coffee/tea with splenda/equal for the past...fuck, two years? i don't know anymore. i really try to limit the sweets but it would be great if i didn't have to.

Fari, I don't have ANY scientific evidence but I used to have a serious acne problem and kicked its butt by trying every product, technique and voodoo magic out there. I found that I could eat moderate amounts of refined sugar if I accompanied it with a large volume of water throughout the day. I'm talking about 4 - 20 oz. bottles of water during the 8.5 hour work day, one during my workout and a big glass of water before I went to bed. I also found that if the sugar was in fruit, then it didn't cause me to break out.

iamthepieman on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

buh?

DrZiplock on
    edited May 2010
    haha less than it sounds!

20100504-dhkrni5qm6gjqhiwueh42cx4s8.png

mmmm polish ripoffs

Faricazy on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I wonder if that shake weight shit is legit or not.
    yeah.

Just saw one at wal-mart over the weekend. Right by the checkout aisle.

Bedlam on
    edited May 2010
    Faricazy on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    I wonder if that shake weight shit is legit or not.
    yeah.

Just saw one at wal-mart over the weekend. Right by the checkout aisle.

I'm not sure that's what he meant.

NotASenator on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    queen latifah got breast reduction, didn't she? good call, queenie

everyone loves a big fat black lady with no breasts

Skull Man on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What should happen is have marketers (cause really, they're the ones who raise our children nowadays) play ads that show an extremely skinny person and label it 'ugly', show a normal person and label it 'beautiful', and show an fatty and label it 'ugly'.

Then play the shit out of it. Every 5 minutes on MTV, reference it in movies, plaster it all over clothing, etc, etc.

Fucking market that shit like mad.

Then, whammo, problem solve in 1 generation.
    Pretty sure babies actually need a lot of calories in their diet

Have you looked at baby formula? Fucking milkshakes, man, fucking milkshakes.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited May 2010
    but skinny people are attractive

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010
    What should happen is have marketers (cause really, they're the ones who raise our children nowadays) play ads that show an extremely skinny person and label it 'ugly', show a normal person and label it 'beautiful', and show an fatty and label it 'ugly'.

Then play the shit out of it. Every 5 minutes on MTV, reference it in movies, plaster it all over clothing, etc, etc.

Fucking market that shit like mad.

Then, whammo, problem solve in 1 generation.
    Pretty sure babies actually need a lot of calories in their diet

Have you looked at baby formula? Fucking milkshakes, man, fucking milkshakes.

Hey, look, there's your problem right there.

NotASenator on
    edited May 2010
    or even better, just start a famine

famished societies find fat people attractive

Faricazy on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    or even better, just start a famine

famished societies find fat people attractive

Good call!

All the extremely skinny and fat people will starve, cause they're already malnourished! Now we just need an apocalyptic locust swarm that spans the entire world.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wait, what's wrong with being skinny now?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited May 2010
    there was only one leasticoulddo I actually liked

a woman was accusing male standards of causing women to become bulimic

and he said, which do you think is a more prevalent problem in America, bulimia or obesity

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010
    Wait, what's wrong with being skinny now?

Cause people idea of 'skinny' nowadays make Skeletor look fat. Hence why I said 'Extremely Skinny'.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited May 2010
    the problem with the idea of extremely skinny is that people start calling thin people extremely skinny

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    the problem with the idea of extremely skinny is that people start calling thin people extremely skinny

You see this person?

http://www.ronitbaras.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/anorexia67aa.jpg

This person is dieing.

Though, extremely skinny people do tend to die faster then fatties and thus are less of a burden to society.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited May 2010
    yeah no shit they're extremely skinny

but people hold THAT up and say "oh well I don't want to be that so I'll just stay fat"

also there are WAY more health problems associated with being overweight than underweight

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010

You see this person?

http://www.ronitbaras.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/anorexia67aa.jpg

This person is dieing.

Though, extremely skinny people do tend to die faster then fatties and thus are less of a burden to society.

That isn't true.

NotASenator on
    edited May 2010
    also man speaking of plus-size models did anyone else see christina hendricks on the cover of the may esquire because goddamn

Skull Man on
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

but people hold THAT up and say "oh well I don't want to be that so I'll just stay fat"

also there are WAY more health problems associated with being overweight than underweight

They're probably saying that because you just criticized them for being fat.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
    edited May 2010

Which is why you need to label both extremely skinny and fat as 'ugly' or 'unclean' or 'sinner', whatever suits your taste buds.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited May 2010
    As7 wrote: »

They're probably saying that because you just criticized them for being fat.

I'm speaking in the hypothetical--I don't go around calling people fat

Skull Man on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Better fitness awareness

some government sponsored advertisements for no frills quality gym programs, government sponsored ads for no frills easy made healthy meals

The Black Hunter on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    also man speaking of plus-size models did anyone else see christina hendricks on the cover of the may esquire because goddamn

On this we can agree. My god.

Also, the dude she's married to has had some funny parts but let's be fair, you know he wakes up every morning just thanking his diety of choice.

DrZiplock on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    More cushin for the pushin

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh man I hadn't seen that fat kid getting shot by paintballs in such a long time

Thank you skull man for the reminder that cruelty is hilarious.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've been on both sides of the spectrum.

I'm 6'5" and I have weighed over 320lbs, and I've weighed under 150lbs.

I gotta say. I felt better rail-thin then I did fat. Shocking news, I know.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    I've been on both sides of the spectrum.

I'm 6'5" and I have weighed over 320lbs, and I've weighed under 150lbs.

I gotta say. I felt better rail-thin then I did fat. Shocking news, I know.

I felt better fat than skinny because when I was fat I was still also working out far more and far more rigorously.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Oh man I hadn't seen that fat kid getting shot by paintballs in such a long time

the thing is, the video isn't even really about him being fat
    it's about him being such a bitch

they start shooting him and he screams like a girl, then he makes hilarious threats that are completely empty
    that's why it's funny and it strikes much closer to why he's being picked on

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dan, post your high school yearbook photos.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

the thing is, the video isn't even really about him being fat
    it's about him being such a bitch

they start shooting him and he screams like a girl, then he makes hilarious threats that are completely empty
    that's why it's funny and it strikes much closer to why he's being picked on

it's such a hilariously pathetic position.

balancing on a tiny rock, getting shot with paintballs while screeching at the dudes who set you up that you are going to beat them up. And then he takes his glasses off because he means it

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Back to the whole BMI thing...why do doctors even use that anymore?

I would think getting one of those body fat % devices would make for a far more accurate determination.

Isn't weight from fat what we are concerned about anyway?

That way you aren't berating people for being underweight just because they have a small frame or overweight because they are mountains of muscle.

Sticks on