As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[T.E.R.A] - So much plated thong your eyes will bleed

• ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MarkJW wrote: »
    I wasn't saying any rules were being broken. Just saying that it was annoying that a thread about an upcoming MMO with a very beautiful game engine and interesting new combat style turned into some debate about what is socially acceptable with videogame women. Pretty sure there's already a thread about that topic too and it's been beaten to death. It's almost as bad as the PC vs Console debate IMO.
    On that note: TERA will support gamepads natively in the future and already kinda supports them via third-party software. The game plays pretty well on a gamepad, too. Almost like it was made for it...

It's a conspiracy!

Yeah I saw that. I think that's really cool, but not sure how that'll work depending on how many abilities you get. though it makes sense considering you have to aim and all. I think I'll still use a KB+M, but I'll definitely try out the gamepad.

ghost_master2000 on
  • MarkJWMarkJW Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wasn't saying any rules were being broken. Just saying that it was annoying that a thread about an upcoming MMO with a very beautiful game engine and interesting new combat style turned into some debate about what is socially acceptable with videogame women. Pretty sure there's already a thread about that topic too and it's been beaten to death. It's almost as bad as the PC vs Console debate IMO.
    On that note: TERA will support gamepads natively in the future and already kinda supports them via third-party software. The game plays pretty well on a gamepad, too. Almost like it was made for it...

It's a conspiracy!

Yeah I saw that. I think that's really cool, but not sure how that'll work depending on how many abilities you get. though it makes sense considering you have to aim and all. I think I'll still use a KB+M, but I'll definitely try out the gamepad.
    If you want to read about skills, TERAblah.com has lists for every class up.

Here you go: http://www.terablah.com/forums/articles-guides/

MarkJW on
    PAX Prime 2013 Checklist   ➤   ✔ Enforcer Badge   ✔ Hotel   ✔ Flight

ArcheAge News
    ArcheAge Forums
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hot shit. I've been wanting another MMO that plays well with a gamepad. My 360 controller turned Champions into an incredibly awesome brawler once I got it set up.

If this game shapes up to have pretty good gameplay by release it'll probably be a day one purchase for me.

And for the record, I couldn't give two shits about the raccoon girls. Though, if you ask me the issue with them is a bit nonsensical.

It's a design choice meant to appeal to certain demographics that aren't, in fact, pedophiles. There actually is a fairly large group of people who will go "D'aww, so cute!" and play something on that merit alone. Just because there's a far more disturbing minority demographic that might wank it to a bunch of pixels doesn't mean that something shouldn't be included in a game.

Either way, until I see a video with one of the raccoon girls doing something incredibly raunchy or wearing something incredibly raunchy it won't bother me that much.

Personally, though I think they're freaking hilarious. Every time I see the raccoon girls mentioned I picture a bunch of berserker raccoon girls wielding giant battle-axes that don't scale properly to their size running through a PVP warzone murderizing everything in sight, in true Khornate fashion.

Archonex on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It's a conspiracy!

Very nice. I can see a lot of potentially powerful class combinations from looking at those lists. Any idea if there will be specialization of any kind?

ghost_master2000 on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am really looking forward to this game. I have been following it for at least the past year.

I plan on making a Demoslut..... errr... Castanic Warrior, and given that I will be able to use my 360 controller for it (joy!!) I have been playing X-Blades, since it is the closest thing I could find gameplay and attire wise =P to a Castanic Warrior, for practice.

Huzzah!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    Hot shit. I've been wanting another MMO that plays well with a gamepad. My 360 controller turned Champions into an incredibly awesome brawler once I got it set up.

If this game shapes up to have pretty good gameplay by release it'll probably be a day one purchase for me.

And for the record, I couldn't give two shits about the raccoon girls. Though, if you ask me the issue with them is a bit nonsensical.

It's a design choice meant to appeal to certain demographics that aren't, in fact, pedophiles. There actually is a fairly large group of people who will go "D'aww, so cute!" and play something on that merit alone. Just because there's a far more disturbing minority demographic that might wank it to a bunch of pixels doesn't mean that something shouldn't be included in a game.

Either way, until I see a video with one of the raccoon girls doing something incredibly raunchy or wearing something incredibly raunchy it won't bother me that much.

Personally, though I think they're freaking hilarious. Every time I see the raccoon girls mentioned I picture a bunch of berserker raccoon girls wielding giant battle-axes that don't scale properly to their size running through a PVP warzone murderizing everything in sight, in true Khornate fashion.

And yet, look how the actual target demographic for videogames seems to be responding:
    Lets not forget the female racoon's are actually furry Loli girls.

That's very important.

My Tank will be a furry Loli girl with racoon ears.
    Loli racoons:"WHAT THE FUCK"
    jackal wrote: »
    The males look like pandas and the females like eight year old humans? Even as asian MMOs go that's kind of strange.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Why do we make it so complicated? The male panda characters are to appeal to WoW-pandaran fans, which is a significant segment of the Asian-theme gaming population and worth targeting. The female characters appeal to pedophiles, a much larger demographic in the Asian/otaku markets.
    Popori female with a homunculus (obvious pedobait)

Even the people trying to argue that they are not somehow Loli have even called them Loli. And the one female (presumably the demographic you're talking about) that has weighed in on the thread finds the whole thing disgusting.

I guess calling it for what it is, Loli, is only bad when someone brings it up negatively instead of viewing it's existence (to be perfectly clear, many of them are celebrating the existence of sexually attractive children) as a good thing.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • rtylershawrtylershaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Count me as strongly interested in this one. I'd also like to try out a demo of the gameplay before I spend actual money on it, but it's certainly promising.

I also request that the loli people go somewhere else to yell at each other.

rtylershaw on
  • LieberkuhnLieberkuhn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh hey look another female has entered the discussion

A female who greatly enjoys staring at boobies and lady ass, no less

And I have to say... I'm very unlikely to buy this game. The graphics are breathtaking and the battle mechanics sound awesome, but frankly, the depiction of females is too piss-off-making for me to tolerate. I don't give a shit about cultural context; there is no excuse for depicting females in such a way that even those who are okay with it are calling them whores.

Seriously what the fuck

Thanks for ruining another promising game, Asia.

Lieberkuhn on
    While you eat, let's have a conversation about the nature of consent.
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh hey look another female has entered the discussion

A female who greatly enjoys staring at boobies and lady ass, no less

And I have to say... I'm very unlikely to buy this game. The graphics are breathtaking and the battle mechanics sound awesome, but frankly, the depiction of females is too piss-off-making for me to tolerate. I don't give a shit about cultural context; there is no excuse for depicting females in such a way that even those who are okay with it are calling them whores.

Seriously what the fuck

Thanks for ruining another promising game, Asia.

I don't disagree with you, but to be fair, for every person like you who doesn't buy the game because of the half-naked women, there will be ten 15-18 year old boys who buy it because of it.

I suspect they know very well the demographic the game's character models are like to attract and repel, and figure there's more money to be made off one, than lost on the other.

Dissociater on
  • ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    This isn't new though is it? This is basically a renamed sequel to Lineage series, right?

afaik, Lineage had this already:
    150240.jpg
    OCS10034.jpg
    TianDora-big.jpg

if it was female, there was "thong and bikini" armor for it somewhere.
    2qcqoox.jpg

Maybe I've just played MMO's for too long to be phased by it anymore

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
    edited May 2010
    Forumite wrote: »
    This isn't new though is it? This is basically a renamed sequel to Lineage series, right?

afaik, Lineage had this already:
    150240.jpg
    OCS10034.jpg
    TianDora-big.jpg

if it was female, there was "thong and bikini" armor for it somewhere.
    2qcqoox.jpg

Maybe I've just played MMO's for too long to be phased by it anymore

And yet all of those characters are far more dressed than the ones depicted in the game trailers.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I use the term whores because I was exaggerating. I tend to exaggerate, I LIKE doing so.

Look, as I said before, and everyone glassed over, if you're so quick to get up in arms about this kind of shit, keep in mind that pretty much EVERY SINGLE GAME out right now has "questionable" content that can be argued just like this one.

Does playing an Undead female mean the game is trying to pursue the key Necrophiliac market?

Does playing a Tauren make the game push the ever so touchy furry envelope?

Fuck Witch elves are blood thirsty servants of a War god who steals children to raise them in their ways, the little girls are raised to derive physical plesure off the suffering of others, and the male children are THROWN INTO VATS OF ACID. Disciples of Khaine IMPALE themselves to drown themselves in blood to increase their healing capabilities.

Age of Conan. That's it. The entire game. All of it.

All of these things are significantly more disturbing then random loli girl.

The only reason why this is weird, is because the males of the speices look different then the females. That's it. No underlying social commentary, no "OH MY GOD THEIR EXPLOITING CHILDREN", it just looks funky. If the males were Furry racoon boys there wouldn't be half the outcry.

Is it weird? Yes. We know it's weird, Korea's weird. WE GET IT. It's a cultural thing. They're weird as fuck. The Chinese think we're weird for depecting the deceased as rotting corpses and letting us play them as playable characters. It's a universal thing. You are going to find weird things.

But if you're going to take it to the critizing art direction angle, at least be prepared to realize that EVERY SINGLE GAME we play has something that can be found offensive, and can be blow out of proportion the same way.

Seriously, don't make me start digging out screenshots of equivilent/far worse things. Just let it go.

If you find it offensive, that's fine, don't play it, it's your decision, and it's fine. I find it weird too. But don't make this some sort of "LAST STAND OF AMERICAN DECENCY WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS ANY LONGER" type of thing. It's wrong, and it's stupid.

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

Transporter on
    edited May 2010
    It's generally about as revealing as the witch elf in WAR, or less so.

Not many cared about that in WAR though because it was part of the lore. In fact, in the lore they are mostly butt naked

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Combat high heels...gotta love em.

Bigity on
    edited May 2010
    I use the term whores because I was exaggerating. I tend to exaggerate, I LIKE doing so.

Look, as I said before, and everyone glassed over, if you're so quick to get up in arms about this kind of shit, keep in mind that pretty much EVERY SINGLE GAME out right now has "questionable" content that can be argued just like this one.

Does playing an Undead female mean the game is trying to pursue the key Necrophiliac market?

Fuck Witch elves are blood thirsty servants of a War god who steals children to raise them in their ways, the little girls are raised to derive physical plesure off the suffering of others, and the male children are THROWN INTO VATS OF ACID. Disciples of Khaine IMPALE themselves to drown themselves in blood to increase their healing capabilities.

The only reason why this is weird, is because the males of the speices look different then the females. That's it. No underlying social commentary, no "OH MY GOD THEIR EXPLOITING CHILDREN", it just looks funky. If the males were Furry racoon boys there wouldn't be half the outcry.

Is it weird? Yes. We know it's weird, Korea's weird. WE GET IT. It's a cultural thing. They're weird as fuck. The Chinese think we're weird for depecting the deceased as rotting corpses and letting us play them as playable characters. It's a universal thing. You are going to find weird things.

But if you're going to take it to the critizing art direction angle, at least be prepared to realize that EVERY SINGLE GAME we play has something that can be found offensive, and can be blow out of proportion the same way.

Seriously, don't make me start digging out screenshots of equivilent/far worse things. Just let it go.

If you find it offensive, that's fine, don't play it, it's your decision, and it's fine. I find it weird too. But don't make this some sort of "LAST STAND OF AMERICAN DECENCY WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS ANY LONGER" type of thing. It's wrong, and it's stupid.

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

I cannot think of a single game off the top of my head in America that celebrates Loli's. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Besides, several of us have even mentioned that we our tolerance of thong armors is a range, not an absolute. This game just takes it so much further than others have. At least Age of Conan it was just honest nudity. I never felt vaguely dirty playing Conan like I did watching those game trailers.

I don't think being offended by sexualizing children is 'blowing something out of proportion' but that's just me.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nakedness seems a small sin compared to...say, bathing in the blood of virgins.

Bigity on
    edited May 2010
    we all know that sticking a sword in someone is not as bad as watching an ass. Sexuality is the tool of the devil, while violence and murder is just a hobby and good fun!

no forget it lets not have this debate again D:

oh god

For the record I am very much against Plated Thong Bikinis. I think they are silly and stupid (except on Witch Elves because WE's are awesome). Though it doesn't go beyond "silly and stupid" into "not gonna buy this" territory for me. It is not a dealbreaker. The dealbreaker is and always has been the gameplay for me.

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
    edited May 2010
    Transporter.

silly_goose_s.jpg

You're missing the point. It is not cool to objectify women. It is never cool to objectify women. Not even if it's traditional in the medium you're working in. Not even if it's supported by your culture. Not even if you try to "balance" it by (kind of) objectifying (some) men. Not even if you have a plethora of excuses for it, like "look we're just marketing to a specific demographic" or "it's just the sexual dimorphism of this race we totally made up".

It. Is. Not. Cool.

Edit: and before you say it, there is a significant difference between "objectification" and "aesthetically pleasing". One of these things is respectful.

Lieberkuhn on
    edited May 2010
    we all know that sticking a sword in someone is not as bad as watching an ass. Sex is the tool of the devil

no forget it lets not have this debate again D:

oh god

Even ignoring the fact that I personally find it kinda creepy that anybody would find any animated/computer generated characters sexy, if it were real nudity that applied to all characters (though obviously again that would mean removing the Loli) then I wouldn't have an issue. It's a matter of class. In most games in general (this game is just the latest and greatest offender) women are treated as nothing more than sex objects. This game just takes it further than most with adult women AND throws kiddies into the mix.

I agree with you about the whole violence/nudity thing. I think it's silly that you can show people getting shot on broadcast television but if a nipple happens to slip out Congress needs to get involved. I'm completely fine with nudity, it's just that this game is too gratuitous in it's treatment of women for my tastes. Instead of taking a stand, they decided to ride along the (thong) thin line of good taste, at least for me (and apparently several other people).

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So do the healer characters just throw spells in a direction and hope they hit, or how does that work?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited May 2010

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

I cannot think of a single game off the top of my head in America that celebrates Loli's. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Besides, several of us have even mentioned that we our tolerance of thong armors is a range, not an absolute. This game just takes it so much further than others have. At least Age of Conan it was just honest nudity. I never felt vaguely dirty playing Conan like I did watching those game trailers.

I don't think being offended by sexualizing children is 'blowing something out of proportion' but that's just me.

The bolded is silly. Absolutley silly. So, apparently, some thong armors, meant to ellicit a sexual response from a player, is okay, but this, which is pretty much exactly the same, except shiner, and rendered in HD, is absolutly disgusting. I mean, are you okay with saying this? What you're saying comes down to your own personal feelings/experiance. Personally, I don't care. I don't get my jollies off pixel boobies.

Also, player female Poporriloli's haven't even been implemented yet. We don't have any idea what the player characters will look like. The only pictures we've seen in game are NPC's. Will they have more clothes? We don't know. Will they have Less clothes? We don't know. Will they have NO clothes!? :winky:

Transporter on
    edited May 2010

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

The bolded is silly. Absolutley silly. So, apparently, some thong armors, meant to ellicit a sexual response from a player, is okay, but this, which is pretty much exactly the same, except shiner, and rendered in HD, is absolutly disgusting. I mean, are you okay with saying this? What you're saying comes down to your own personal feelings/experiance. Personally, I don't care. I don't get my jollies off pixel boobies.

Also, player female Poporriloli's haven't even been implemented yet. We don't have any idea what the player characters will look like. The only pictures we've seen in game are NPC's. Will they have more clothes? We don't know. Will they have Less clothes? We don't know. Will they have NO clothes!? :winky:

I'm saying there is a range like so:

[Stupid Armor]
    X-[Too stupid]

The X is where I feel this game falls. There is the normal stupid female objectification (Elementalists in GW, and the like) and then there is completely over the top shit like this.

And they've shown concept art of the bear girls. That picture posted in the first page of this thread is what sparked the whole damn debate. Where the hell have you been?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010

It's a conspiracy!

Very nice. I can see a lot of potentially powerful class combinations from looking at those lists. Any idea if there will be specialization of any kind?
    Hmm, at a certain level the skills just kind stopped, and it wasn't the level cap, so I really hope that there's sub-classes. But other than that, the only differentiation you can do right now is what stones you socket in your weapons and armor. This is fine, however, since the core of the game is PvP and if players playing the same class were excessively different things would quickly get far out of balancing control.
    Adda wrote: »
    So do the healer characters just throw spells in a direction and hope they hit, or how does that work?
    Area of Effect heals, mostly. Aim the targeting circle on your ground at your buddies' feet and fire! Alternatively, have them run back to you for heals instead.
    The X is where I feel this game falls. There is the normal stupid female objectification (Elementalists in GW, and the like) and then there is completely over the top shit like this.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, I must have missed something five years ago when GuildWars was released and I played it nonstop for months: Elementalists depict stupid female objectification? I just thought they looked nice with all the dye-able sparkly robes and stuff, and that Cynn was a bitch to Mhenlo. Who knew I was committing a mortal sin against all womankind by thinking such a thought! I should be shot. D:

MarkJW on

ArcheAge News
    ArcheAge Forums
    edited May 2010

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

[Stupid Armor]
    X-[Too stupid]

And they've shown concept art of the bear girls. That picture posted in the first page of this thread is what sparked the whole damn debate. Where the hell have you been?

Concept.

Art.

As I stated, we haven't seen player Poporri. I think maybe one screenshot of a female Poporri NPC has been taken from the Korean closed beta's. That's it. We don't

Input in this game matters, and since this has generated about 4 pages of fairly heated(allbeit silly) discussion. They've been applying changes by the minute based on player feedback. Undoubtedly, their monitering this thread heavily, so, more then likely even more changes are going to be made for the american release.

Also, dig around. There's a shitton of videos out there. And yes ,there are normal, perfectly acceptable, kinda awesome looking armors that players actually wear. The one's in the combat trailer video, as far as I have seen, are NPC only.

Transporter on
    edited May 2010

No, it's kinda awesome, actually.

Healers have to target players to use the heal spells. I think it's a moderate range too, so there's sort of a "Splash" effect for healing in order to compensate for retards hopping around like chickens.

Transporter on
    edited May 2010
    So I would basically have heal grenades to wang everywhere? awesome!

I still want to play a panda/racoon with a lance though.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

[Stupid Armor]
    X-[Too stupid]

Concept.

Art.

As I stated, we haven't seen player Poporri. I think maybe one screenshot of a female Poporri NPC has been taken from the Korean closed beta's. That's it. We don't

Input in this game matters, and since this has generated about 4 pages of fairly heated(allbeit silly) discussion. They've been applying changes by the minute based on player feedback. Undoubtedly, their monitering this thread heavily, so, more then likely even more changes are going to be made for the american release.

Also, dig around. There's a shitton of videos out there. And yes ,there are normal, perfectly acceptable, kinda awesome looking armors that players actually wear. The one's in the combat trailer video, as far as I have seen, are NPC only.

Ok, well, if they come out with player female Poporri that aren't dressed like Catholic schoolgirl sluts with C-cups then I will gladly conceed the Loli thing. If they really want to put that debate to rest they need to release more artwork. I do think it's silly to say we can't judge them based on what they've released so far, as generally you only release information that you feel is fairly representative of the game. Which is why we are also complaining about the thong armors. If that armor isn't an accurate depiction then why were you describing the different race armors as "Demosluts" and "Accurate boob physics" earlier in the thread?

Basically, everything they have released so far that I've seen (I will admit not much as I was fairly turned off after watching just a couple of vids) screams "WE DEPICT WOMEN HORRIBLY" and you are trying to tell me it ain't so without offering any proof.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    So I would basically have heal grenades to wang everywhere? awesome!

I still want to play a panda/racoon with a lance though.
    Basically. And you'd have a fan-type AoE attack too, which knocks over people right in front of you if they happen to be smart and try to take you out first. Hopefully that would give you enough time to run away and for backup to arrive.

MarkJW on

ArcheAge News
    ArcheAge Forums
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's still relevant that the game which appears to hypersexualize all of the women in it the most out of every recent MMO on the market recently has female children as one of the body types. Just saying.

To put it another way: Every female other than the child one is an extremely sexual icon. This is their marketing tactic. It is disturbing, then, that a child-body is also included in that package. It seems likely, in that case, that they're sexualizing that as well.

Yes, most games have some objectionable material. This one is pushing the envelope a lot further than it's been pushed lately, though, and not in a way that I (or several other posters, it seems) find at all appropriate. Sexualizing children, even though you may make the argument that it's "par for the weirdness course" in Asian countries, is some seriously fucked up shit.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited May 2010
    TBH I'm more concerned about the devil dude's freaky pyramid nipples.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010

And as weird as that is, no one is telling you that you shouldn't have that opinion.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reserving judgement until I see the races in the game. I've seen the demon people in the game and they are completely over the top. Just look at their running style (in-game), it is hilarious. I am fine with that really. If you're going to have a raunchy race, then a demon race fits that bill. I still don't know how human females look and elves seem to mostly just run around with gowns and other dumb shit.

As for racoon children, I haven't seen any yet in game so it's hard to judge how they appear in the game

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited May 2010

And as weird as that is, no one is telling you that you shouldn't have that opinion.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have that opinion, but watching this thread is how I would imagine Jack Thompson posting in a GTA thread. It's all a bit Fox news :)

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, I must have missed something five years ago when GuildWars was released and I played it nonstop for months: Elementalists depict stupid female objectification? I just thought they looked nice with all the dye-able sparkly robes and stuff, and that Cynn was a bitch to Mhenlo. Who knew I was committing a mortal sin against all womankind by thinking such a thought! I should be shot. D:

lol what

Female elementalist in Iceforged armor; Male elementalist in the same armour set.

They both look lovely, but only a silly goose would say there's no double standard here.

Lieberkuhn on
    edited May 2010

I'm not saying you shouldn't have that opinion, but watching this thread is how I would imagine Jack Thompson posting in a GTA thread. It's all a bit Fox news :)

Not really, no. None of us disagreeing with their depiction of children have called you all child molesters, or called the game a child molestation simulator/trainer. We've just said we find it disgusting and will not be picking up the game.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    chainmail.jpg

They should give the men some thong action as well :winky:

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
    edited May 2010

It's wrong AND stupid.

WRONGSTUPID.

[Stupid Armor]
    X-[Too stupid]

Concept.

Art.

Ok, well, if they come out with player female Poporri that aren't dressed like Catholic schoolgirl sluts with C-cups then I will gladly conceed the Loli thing. If they really want to put that debate to rest they need to release more artwork. I do think it's silly to say we can't judge them based on what they've released so far, as generally you only release information that you feel is fairly representative of the game. Which is why we are also complaining about the thong armors. If that armor isn't an accurate depiction then why were you describing the different race armors as "Demosluts" and "Accurate boob physics" earlier in the thread?

Basically, everything they have released so far that I've seen (I will admit not much as I was fairly turned off after watching just a couple of vids) screams "WE DEPICT WOMEN HORRIBLY" and you are trying to tell me it ain't so without offering any proof.

Stepping away from my normally over the top dialog, I was kinda taken aback by that trailer as well. All the previously leaked armor's and things like that were all pretty standard K-RPG fair. It's a pretty horribad trailer, honestly.

I'll post some video's of the beta's so far. Much better representation.

Transporter on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, it was a pretty horrible trailer. Once I got over the horrible outfits it seemed that it was stuttering pretty bad. Not sure if that was just crappy video or the gameplay.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • WolfriderWolfrider Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

A comic strip

MY EYES

Wolfrider on
    If this had been an actual alien invasion, you would have protected as many as SOME of your population. Congratulations.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've seen the "stutter a lot" shit in a bunch of trailers for various games recently. What's up with that? You'd think the developers and PR department would take the time to coordinate smooth gameplay footage at the very least.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg