As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bring out your Games! (DS, DSi, DSi XL)

MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!!America's WangRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in PAX Archive
So how about a thread of what games everyone will be bringing for their DS, DSi, and DSi XL (of course PSP, GBA, GB, etc etc can post too).

:mrgreen:

Steam
So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
MyDcmbr on

• ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    POKEMON!

:3

ACC3SS on
  • oxfroggyoxfroggy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    pokemon indeed.
    does anyone know if mario kart is a good buy for pax? i wont play it by myself.

oxfroggy on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oxfroggy wrote: »
    pokemon indeed.

I plan on picking it up for exactly that reason. But I will log some practice hours in the meantime as well.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • oxfroggyoxfroggy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    oxfroggy wrote: »
    pokemon indeed.

I plan on picking it up for exactly that reason. But I will log some practice hours in the meantime as well.

i just get so frustrated with the computer. i think it wants to break me.
    hmmmm why can't i think of any more multiplayer ds games?

oxfroggy on
  • nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I bought mario kart when I went to East but I only found a game on the list about 3 times. I was never able to actually connect to them though ;(

nerve on
  • Lynx_Lynx_ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Don't buy Mario Kart just for PAX - there will almost always be download games for people who don't have it. And I remember seeing a ton of crazy Japan-only or other interesting games at PAX that I would rather try out than play a given like MK.

I'm definitely bringing Mario Kart and Mario Party DS. Possibly Elite Beat Agents and Tetris.

Lynx_ on
  • ploogleploogle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I highly recommend bringing The World Ends With You; PAX is a great place to get Mingle XP, and in the Handheld Lounge there are almost always a dozen or so people in Mingle mode.

I'll bring along Pokémon and TWEWY, and that's probably it.

ploogle on
    If you can't handle me at my Worcestershire, you don't deserve me at my Bestershire.
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Let's do some New Super Mario Bros! Luckily I gots a new DSi to replace my DS fat that couldn't hold a network for beans!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think I'll be picking up a ds specifically for PAX prime in September. I want a DSi, but a DsiL or whatever it is is like 20 dollars more. I dont really like the idea of a bigger ds but, only 20 bucks!

Gene Parmesan on
  • NovaFlaresNovaFlares Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Phantasy Star Zero, Pokemon, Advance Wars, and Contra 4 are coming with me

NovaFlares on
  • videobobbovideobobbo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Definitely bringing Pokemon. Probably Soul Silver, but maybe Diamond if I get around to playing it again (I lent it to a friend and haven't started a new save since, and then got SS).

That, and The World Ends with You.

videobobbo on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This thread interests me. Any suggestions for handheld tournaments this year?

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hell yeah! I'll take anyone at Tetris or Bomberman DS!

Djiem on
  • thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    pokemon.

if you are bringing pokemon, keep an eye on this thread: Pax Pokemon League
    hope to see some challengers for this league.

thespiffyneostar on
  • honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Soul Silver, Mario Kart, Zelda: ST, and even though it's not out yet, Dragon Quest IX should be interesting in multiplayer!

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Lynx_Lynx_ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Had forgotten about TWEWY, though I'm not a completionist, and I suck at evolving my pins anyways :P

Also had forgotten Puzzle Quest. I haven't played it in forever, but I never did get to play it multiplayer.

Lynx_ on
  • CramScamCramScam Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    honestD wrote: »
    Soul Silver, Mario Kart, Zelda: ST, and even though it's not out yet, Dragon Quest IX should be interesting in multiplayer!

Dragon Quest IX is gonna be my main game at the convention. It has a mingle mode just like 'The world ends with you' and with 4 player co-op....awesome lil social game.

CramScam on
  • honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lynx_ wrote: »
    Had forgotten about TWEWY, though I'm not a completionist, and I suck at evolving my pins anyways :P

Don't worry about that, dude. Mingle XP made me level up all my pins in the first two hours in line! I had to rush to collect more, just so that the next days line wouldn't feel wasted!

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • AGlassOfMilkAGlassOfMilk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are we going for another record this year?

AGlassOfMilk on
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Between Brian and I, I'll have all of the following with me:

Pokemon(s): Diamond, Pearl, HG, & SS
    Tetris
    Mario Kart
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat (with Puzzle Kombat!)
    Final Fantasy III, IV
    Chrono Trigger
    Ninja Town
    ...I can't remember what else at the moment, I'll have to finish the list off later. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • munkyboy0930munkyboy0930 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am bringing pokemon and bomber man so yeah.

munkyboy0930 on
    trainer.png
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ooh, I realized I should probably list the PSP games I'll be bringing, too, for the 5 or so other people at PAX that bring a PSP, too. :p Samurai Showdown, anyone? :D

BrennaCeDria on
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I recently lost most of my DS games, so all I have right now are Big Bang Mini and SMT Strange Journey, neither of which are multiplayer.

I'll probably end up getting Contra, Peggle, and maybe Mario Kart again, I dunno though. That'd be the third time I'd be buying Mario Kart DS, lol.

As for upcoming games, I'll be getting Puzzle Quest 2, Mega Man Zero Collection, Dragon Quest 9, and probably Tetris Party Deluxe just so I can shout TETRIS BATTLE :D

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    edited May 2010
    I recently lost most of my DS games, so all I have right now are Big Bang Mini and SMT Strange Journey, neither of which are multiplayer.

I'll probably end up getting Contra, Peggle, and maybe Mario Kart again, I dunno though. That'd be the third time I'd be buying Mario Kart DS, lol.

As for upcoming games, I'll be getting Puzzle Quest 2, Mega Man Zero Collection, Dragon Quest 9, and probably Tetris Party Deluxe just so I can shout TETRIS BATTLE :D

Wait, Tetris Party Deluxe is coming out on DS? What?
    TETRIS BATTLE!

Djiem on
    edited May 2010
    Djiem wrote: »

TETRIS BATTLE!

TETRIS BATTLE

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    edited May 2010
    Djiem wrote: »

TETRIS BATTLE!
    TETRIS BATTLE!!!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • caddyalancaddyalan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'll be bringing a DS for Pictochat, and maybe some games if there's down time. I own some DS games that probably work on wireless multiplayer, like Space Invaders Extreme and Super Dodgeball Brawlers. And if I'm feeling whimsical, I can bring the DS games that I own which show how MANLY my interests are: Princess Debut, Rhapsody, and Super Princess Peach.

Jeremy "Toastyfrog" recommended bringing Dragon Quest 9 to PAX, since the English version is currently slated for release in June 2010. I'm a DQ fanboy, so I'll bring it, unless it's a major letdown.

caddyalan on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Do you enjoy Super Princess Peach? My wife was asking about getting it, but as it happens, the game is now out of print, and goes for minimum $30 used online. Wasn't sure if it was worth it, although I do like to have rare or out of print things.

Gundabad on
    edited May 2010
    I played a demo of SPP once. It was okay, but pretty easy. It was basically just a gimmicky platformer, kind of like Henry Hatsworth, but HH is on all counts a much better game. That said I've never played the full game so what do I know.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    edited May 2010
    I've finished the entire game without losing a single life.
    It's a fun platformer, but EXTREMELY easy.

Djiem on
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sad day lol I think I am one of the only people that is bringing my gameboy advance (sp). So old it still uses link cables (which I have still!) Or am I just missing something somewhere that there are others like me who have not upgraded their handheld?

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
    edited June 2010
    I think since the DS can play GBA games, most people who had one upgraded.

=/

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    In case anyone loves cheap games, my local FYE store was having a crazy bin clearance. Dug through and got Retro Game Challenge and Clubhouse Games for $9.99 each. Picked up a few other cheap games and the register even spat out a $10 mail in rebate, so I'd say go check it out. Go stock up on DS games before PAX, we're under 100 days here people!

Gundabad on
    edited June 2010
    Gundabad wrote: »
    In case anyone loves cheap games, my local FYE store was having a crazy bin clearance. Dug through and got Retro Game Challenge and Clubhouse Games for $9.99 each. Picked up a few other cheap games and the register even spat out a $10 mail in rebate, so I'd say go check it out. Go stock up on DS games before PAX, we're under 100 days here people!

Clubhouse games is EPIC fun!

I am bringing that and Tetris DS for sure.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sad day lol I think I am one of the only people that is bringing my gameboy advance (sp). So old it still uses link cables (which I have still!) Or am I just missing something somewhere that there are others like me who have not upgraded their handheld?

Although everyone uses DS now, it's ironic that there is actually too many people to get a good wireless connection at PAX. Wired multiplayer would probably be easier in the lines!

PeasantDave on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There's really very few problems with local WiFi. It's connecting to the internet that seems to break things. :(

Heleor on
    edited June 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    There's really very few problems with local WiFi. It's connecting to the internet that seems to break things. :(

There's only a problem with local WiFi when a few thousand people try to connect to Pictochat together as they try to break the DS record.

Djiem on
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

If it makes you feel better, I'll bring my gameboy pocket.

mostlyharmless on
  • PSOCecilPSOCecil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll be bringing my PSP, though for games to play...

I dunno, Phantasy Star Portable? I was hoping PSP2 would be out by PAX this year, but it looks like it'll be out almost a month after PAX is over. Curse you, Sega.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, with its Coop and Vs. play, will probably be a big hit for PSPers this year.

PSOCecil on
  • lindethierlindethier Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll be bringing my DS. As for games, i'm bringing mah Pokemons(!) and mario kart (its always fun to get a few random races in with random peoples :)

lindethier on
    1386815.png
This discussion has been closed.