As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon: New details on Black and White from Pokémon Sunday: No new details

1565758596062»

• undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    mmm yummy beldums and duskulls

hopefully will be able to get a munchlax today after swapping the poke

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zython wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    Which berry was it? I don't want to pull out my list of Japanese items' names.

uhh, begins with C. It weakens super effective flying type moves.

Coba.

Oh, I would have preferred a Heart Scale or a Rare Candy, but no biggie.

RockinX on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zython wrote: »
    Which berry was it? I don't want to pull out my list of Japanese items' names.

uhh, begins with C. It weakens super effective flying type moves.

Coba.

Oh, I would have preferred a Heart Scale or a Rare Candy, but no biggie.

I've only done 3 gyms in HG, I got the berry from my mother so it is the rarest item I have on the cart. I can give you something better when I find my platinum cart.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Its weird having so few Heart Scales now

Also, wow I'm surprised and really happy that the once a day limit on the Pal Park is gone.
    If anyone wants Master Balls, PP Max's, Mews, Celebi's etc. Just ask!
    Anything thats available in Emerald I can easily clone and quickly transfer over to HG

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
    edited May 2010
    I would like a Mew and Celebi, pretty sure I got both from someone here before on Pearl but I got a DS and SS for my girlfriend and it would be cool to have a spare I could give to her. She hasn't played Pokemon since Yellow so she's constantly getting excited at every new mechanic/pokemon.

There's no hurry though so don't bother doing anything now.

edit: when I find my other cart I'm pretty sure I will have a bunch of heart scales I can trade, or at the very least I have quite a supply of re-obtainable TMs (like earthquake).

Rami on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2010
    Yep, it's gone. But I have a problem: If I want to transfer stuff from my American Emerald, I have to trade it to my Japanese LeafGreen so I can have it on my Japanese SoulSilver, and if the poké was originally from my American Emerald and hasn't evolved, it will probably keep the pre-evolution's name because Japanese GBA games think default American names are nicknames.

It's bad if you trade on Smogon, but not that much for myself because I give nicknames to all the pokémon I train.

RockinX on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why can Kangaskhan learn everything? Every time I look up a TM/HM, she can use it. It's weird.

I wish I could upgrade Feraligatr's Dig to Earthquake. Better than nothing, though. Had no clue it could use that. I think I'm going to go back and buy a Thunder for Gengar. With these, I finally have some coverage!

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Why can Kangaskhan learn everything? Every time I look up a TM/HM, she can use it. It's weird.

I wish I could upgrade Feraligatr's Dig to Earthquake. Better than nothing, though. Had no clue it could use that. I think I'm going to go back and buy a Thunder for Gengar. With these, I finally have some coverage!

Learning almost every TM is kind of normal's thing. Very basic, very boring, but with a great flexibility.

silence1186 on
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone fancy a throwdown?

As long as you're not too good. :(

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why did it take me so long to find out how amazing Lapras is? Nereus is my new Bro-kemon.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would like a Mew and Celebi, pretty sure I got both from someone here before on Pearl but I got a DS and SS for my girlfriend and it would be cool to have a spare I could give to her. She hasn't played Pokemon since Yellow so she's constantly getting excited at every new mechanic/pokemon.

We'll be getting new event Celebi's sometime this year, so you won't even need it from me. But whenever you want an extra, and a Mew, send me a PM.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
    edited May 2010
    America should be getting the Susumu Mew soon as well.

RockinX on
  • RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »

I'm loving the crap out of mine. She's the best HM slave I've ever had with some solid stats all around, minus special attack.

Rhapsody on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    I don't know why the game thinks it's so cool to put you at the Elite 4 a good 6-7 levels under, but I'm just going to keep beating my head against it until I level up enough. I can almost get Will down without items, but my team is on the slower side which means I get screwed to sleep/confusion a lot.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I don't know why the game thinks it's so cool to put you at the Elite 4 a good 6-7 levels under, but I'm just going to keep beating my head against it until I level up enough. I can almost get Will down without items, but my team is on the slower side which means I get screwed to sleep/confusion a lot.

Yeah I gave mom all my money and must have fought them like ten times not really using items just to boost my levels some before seriously attempting

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    R2 is even more fun.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aaarrgh!

I had a great 100 streak going in the battle hall with my Garchomp. And then I ended up losing.

To a fucking Sharpedo.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    edited May 2010
    You lost to an inferior shark Poke

It's a sad day

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure this is well documented somewhere, but Venonat -> Butterfree is visually a much more believable evolution.

caterpillars don't look like butterflies

But look at it, Venonat and Butterfree have the same goddamn face. Big red eyes, oval nose with little fang-thingies, antennae, purple

Just seems weird

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You lost to an inferior shark Poke

It's a sad day

Sharpedo could have been so cool. Stupid lousy defense.

It needs a submarine-shaped evolution in Gen 5.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited May 2010
    I love Sharpedo. Though I couldn't do much with it other than give it a choice band/scarf.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, if you're curious...

My Garchomp with a Choice Band. Outrage is pretty much one shotting everything. Sharpedo however hangs on with a Focus sash, I take damage from its rough skin, and he retaliates with Ice fang. Outrage again, and I die from the second rough skin hit.

I basically got my ass outplayed.

The salt in the wound comes after, when in a fit of anger, I jump right back in and refight through the Dark section, and again end up with Sharpedo. This time though I use Earthquake so I can dodge the skin damage. One Ice fang later... and the piece of shit freezes me solid.

The game knocked me flat on my ass, and then proceeded to pee all over me.

So humiliating...

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's ok.

My team once got flattened in the Battle Tower by a Stantler with Confuse Ray and Frustration.

Frustration.

It was honest to god nothing but me attacking myself in confusion, with the one attack I managed to get out missing due to Bright Powder.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Watching Ursaring leap onto the desk at the pokemon center like it's about to bite Nurse Joy's face off is slightly amusing. That sounds pretty morbid but when healing I can't help seeing...

"Would you like to rest your pokemon? *YES*" - Joy
    "..WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY?!?" - Ursaring

I hope they keep this gimmick of having the pokemon follow you around from now on. Going back to playing Platinum is just weird now.

new thread ahoy?

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's ok.

My team once got flattened in the Battle Tower by a Stantler with Confuse Ray and Frustration.

Frustration.

It was honest to god nothing but me attacking myself in confusion, with the one attack I managed to get out missing due to Bright Powder.

That Stantler nearly fucked me over too.

Of course, that was AFTER I lost my winning streak to a freaking Xatu.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    I got the farthest ever in the Tower and lost to Horn Drill hitting TWO of my pokemon.

...and I stopped playing the game until I bought SoulSilver. Fuck OHKO moves.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2010
    How far?

Because there's eventually a time when the game will go 'ROCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES' so you eventually have to give up your winning streak.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sinky wrote: »
    How far?

Because there's eventually a time when the game will go 'ROCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES' so you eventually have to give up your winning streak.

Yeah, that was last for me too. Anyone played beyond that point?

This bloke did quite well

Starcross on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hmm, does anyone know how I can find out if there are any Nintendo compatible Wi-Fi hotspots near me, I tried their website but it said the closest one was in France, which I'm pretty sure is a lie 'cause there's got to be some in the UK.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I just got to victory road, and I suddenly realised I have only four pokémon trained, and 2 HM slaves. Right now I've got

Charizard
    Rotom
    Gardevoir
    Meganium (I want to dump her because she's dull, but I probably won't because I am also lazy)

Which two pokemon would be a good addition to this team? It's not for anything competitive, so which could be of use?

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
This discussion has been closed.