As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RADlands In which DE?AD violates men and dismembers children (...ladies)

1565758596062»

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Home base][Sydney] Stress 0% RAD 0% Tetsuo 75%
    [Skills: Pyrokinesis 70%, Parkour! 25%, Scheming 30%]
    [Traits: Agile 10%, Hottie 10%, Honor is for losers 5%, Condesending -5%, Short Temper -5%]

That freaker is grim. Loyal. Does not suffer treason lightly. Hmm.

"Yea. We ran into him at Uriel's place. Only hung on to him as I figured he'd be useful source of information on the the extra-dimensional entities." Syd quickly makes sure to qualify her statement. "Not that I don't trust our dearest Cassandra, but another source of information couldn't hurt." She shrugs. "Anyway probably a mistake, as all he seems to be good at doing is dying and getting kidnapped"

"We also ran into another one of the entities up north. Sticking with this whole Angelic naming scheme we seem to be going with, I guess she would be 'Chayot, of the Unholy Beasts'? She had an entire army of black plastic beasts pieced together with scraps of animals." Syd pauses for dramatic effect. "But ANYWHO, how did your missions go? Did stoner find his stupid rug? Did Cecil learn how to stop being annoying? "

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Alcatraz]
    [Kruppe] Stress 0% RAD 0% Tetsuo 0%
    Skills: [Cryokenisis] 60% [Telekenisis] 25% [History] 25%
    Traits: [Battle Sorcerer] 15% [Smart as all hell] 15% [Has a way with the written word] 5%
    [Kind Ol' Sage] 15%[Got a bit of a wizard obsession] -10% [Discordant mind and an exuberant mouth] -5% [Afraid of Big Ol' Hairy Ass Spiders] -5%

Kruppe cracks his back and saunters on over to Cassandra's tower. "Could really use a staff or something. Too much walking."

Shock G on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Alcatraz]

"Mission was... complicated. Bro dead. Human-Mutant relations relaxed. Net succe-e-ess. Got rug." His thumb jerks toward the rug, drying on top of the Televator. "Will have to ask other group about Cecil." He continues toward the tower, motioning for Syd and Jen to follow him. "Information about black entities troubling. Will need to be dealt with soon. Doubtful that sca-a-arred man knows much. Not the type trrk ask questions. Will remain hopeful. Better than not knowing. Did cowboy secure signa-a-ature?" The green behind Dusty's goggles visibly flickers in the daylight.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [-{Jack Helical}-] [Alcatraz] Stress 0% RAD 0%
    [Skills]: Slashing and Stabbing 40%, First Aid 20%, Tracking 40%, All-Terrain Mobility 25%
    [Traits]: Inhumanly Quick 15%, Garg. Chitinous Spider-Monster 15%, Deadly Attacks 5%, Arachnid Senses 5%, Terrifying -5%

Jack climbs off the tank, slowly and methodically.

Ugh flying. Not built for it.
    He thinks to himself

He traipses over to Dusty, Syd and the growing crowd of returned teammates.
    "Ran into the bandaged human at a tower. Seemed happy to get out of it...." Jack trails off.

Jack goes silent and looks toward the lighthouse. He sniffs the air briefly and squints. He seems to come to a conclusion and starts off slowly in that direction.

"I will be back again. It is time."

Raneados on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hahahaha

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh Jesus Christ, Rane

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Cecil-the-Goldfish"]CECIL[/URL[Cecil] STRESS 0% RAD 0%
    Skills: Fishing (Being a Fish) 60% Projectile 20%
    Traits: Goldfish-Snake -5% Adorable 10% IS ALWAYS SHOUTING -5%

"JACK!!!" the ecstatic little serpent shouts "OH MAN I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!" he says as he coils around one of Jacks freaky-ass spider legs. "THE HELL TOOK YOU GUYS SO LONG?!"

E: dammit I type too slow

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [-{Jack Helical}-] [Alcatraz] Stress 0% RAD 0%
    [Skills]: Slashing and Stabbing 40%, First Aid 20%, Tracking 40%, All-Terrain Mobility 25%
    [Traits]: Inhumanly Quick 15%, Garg. Chitinous Spider-Monster 15%, Deadly Attacks 5%, Arachnid Senses 5%, Terrifying -5%

Jack stalks the outside of the lighthouse, looking up toward the top. he can feel his prey move around. The air bends and oscillates with each movement of the small creature's body. It is really too bad he did not get a chance to do this early. It is entirely too much fun to hunt.

Jack raises a leg against the outside shell of the lighthouse and squints again. He grins, his jaw opening slightly and revealing a slight fang, mutated out of several teeth. The mutation continues. Always continues. Jack feels that in another time, he might have felt bad for what he is about to do. There is a certain helplessness to the creature that he MUST prey on. There's a sense of his own body that yearns for the hunt and the strike.

The hunt and fight against the BP Creeps only increased the yearning... the desire. Jack sets his features once again into a stoic frame. He cannot be kind. he cannot be lenient. He cannot be merciful. Not with this one.

Jack ducks under the doorway, his legs easily find power and purchase on the winding staircase of stone. He ascends slowly, watching the shadows and staying careful from his noise. Can't ruin everything now, the surprise attack is always the best option for success. Jack lowers himself against the steps, his entire body moving seamlessly up and along. He uses his claws for stability in the enclosed space. He finds himself at the top.

He peers over the steps and around the wall. He noislessly stalks out from the archway and traverses the smaller upper room. The object of his stalking search looms in the corner, engrossed otherwise.

He crouches. Still noiseless

It must be clean.

it must be quick.

It must be final.

Like the knife erupting from the shadows he strikes. He envelops his target completely. There's no light where this is now. There's only enough air for shallow breaths. There's only just enough constriction, only enough pressure, only enough release.

There's only enough time as Jack warrants

He controls the end.

He lowers his maw to Chuck's ear

"beaaarrr huuuugggggggggggg"

He shakes the child gently. The child's legs swaying back and forward off the ground.

^_^

Raneados on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Jimothy]

"Well fuck, I guess we'll have to go on that walk later maybe", Jimothy says to Henry as the the last group arrives, a hint of Sadness still in his voice

"Also, what is this about the bro being dead? Did the teleporter-thing not work or something?", he says turning toward Dusty and Syd

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hahahahaha :^:

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/The-Man"][B]Special Agent[/B] [B]Daniel Kain Donaghy[/URL][/B Stress 70% RAD 0% BS 0%
    [Skills: Special Agent Training 60%, Offender Profiling 60%]
    [Traits: Keen Mind 10%, Intimidating Sonuvabitch 10%, Indomitable 10%, Made of Iron 20%, Carbosilicate Destabilization 15%, Asshole -10%, Miserable Alcoholic -5%, Chain Smoker -5%, Burned and Scarred -10%
    ]

Felt like crap. My bones were burnin' 'nd I couldn't stop pukin' up black tar. I was dyin'. I was already dead. I open my eyes. Light burns fer a but 'fore I get used ta it again. My bandages 've been cut. I lost my leather jacket, my assault rifle. I look 'round 'nd see a prison. Where are we again? San Fran? Suppose that's Alcatraz. Huh.

A Man walks up ta me, other than the two who're draggin' me away. Seemed a bit like a paper pusher ta me. I was both wrong and right. Said He could be of help. "Yeah? How the fuck do ya plan on doin' that? Unless yer some kinda miracle worker I wouldn't waste yer fuckin' time and mine."

Dux on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Alcatraz]URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Skiff"]Skiff[/URL[Stress: 0%][RAD 0%]
    [Skills: Primitive Fighting 70%, Predatory Instinct 50%]
    [Traits: Amphibious Terror 10%, Sword Arms 15%, Feral Senses 10%,
    Inhumanly Quick (1)0%, Unnerving -5%, Little Human Empathy -5%, Ain't got Hands -10%]

Skiff's eyes snap towards the tower as the message is sent across the island, and immediately begins to make his way towards it with a long, easy stride. Gripped by a growing primal curiosity, Skiff grunts. It was time he met with the little one.

Mutant mission's going to be wonderful. Big ol' truckful of ugly monsters.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh god I just had the most wonderful idea.
    The big ol' propeller sword should be outfitted to be worn as a British officer's military saber and worn at the hip.

in Her Majesty's service

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    oh no

the forum battle is up

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    still need to decide if I can pull off something presentable for it

edit: knowing my luck though I'll be up against raneadoodle in the first round

edit2: actually you know what that would be tits

Squall on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Goodbye RADLands thread

I'll see you in a month or two.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    apparently it doesn't start till the sixteenth, so we're good for now.
    but seriously. ain't gon get anything done, haha

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In fairness DE?AD actually managed to keep the updates coming all the way up to the last few rounds last time.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5zFsy9VIdM"]The Bro's Rug[/vidURL - {Henry} - [Stress] 0% [RAD] 0% [BS] 0%
    Skills: Debate 50%, Enumerating 35% Networking 30%
    Traits: Unshaken, Not Stirred 15%, Font of Trivia 10%, Federal Employee 5%, Dressed for Success 5%, Individualist -10%, Sigil, Green Warden, Carbosilicate Sword

My mouth breaks into a slow smile at the man's mention of a miracle worker.

"Yes. Something like that."

Turning to Felix, I request the use of one of his medical rooms. "I'm going to need to be alone with him, if that's alright. I feel this is going to require some space."

Marshmallow on
This discussion has been closed.