Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Debate and Discourse: AWESOME POST in "[INTERNET DATING] Adventure Time!", by Malkor

SipexSipex Registered User
Sipex has reported a post.

Reason:
It reads better if you imagine it with a British accent.
Forum: Debate and Discourse
Assigned Moderators: Elki, ElJeffe, Irond Will

Context:
retrovm wrote: »
rule number 1 when messaging girls: don't wear your boner on your sleeve.

actual example from my inbox just now:

"I'm [redacted]. I hope this doesn't sound too corny but it's how I feel. When I look in your eyes it's as if I see everything I desire and have longed for. Just when I've started wondering why I've joined this site I look at you and it all becomes clear. I'm just so happy I've finally found you. But I guess it has to be a mutual feeling. So if I'm not too ugly for you and meet your expectations get back to me."

WHAT THE ACTUAL. who says that?!

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
I don't think his message was creepy. It was a bit odd but it wasn't creepy. Shit, it kinda half-worked since it got your attention. And it's not like he said "I wanna smell your hair." or something like that.

We may have just identified why you're having so little success.
No you haven't. I don't send messages that read like Civil War love letters.

Posted by: Malkor
Original Content:
My Dearest XxMaryCorexX,

The photographs of you putting a mustachioed finger to your lips gives me the greatest pleasure. Work is hard, but I remain gay. If you would send me scantily clad pictures it would lift my spirits to the heaven. Enclosed are impressions of my wang.

Sipex on
Horseshoe wrote:
I've got good news and bad news about 6th level, That Guy. The good news is that Forbiddance spell allows you to prevent enemies different alignment from entering a consecrated area, which is actually useful! The bad news is that the only other new sixth level spell makes lunch for everybody. Guess which one the party is going to expect you to cast.
·

• bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Haha, I'll give this 4. The accent boosted it from 3. I read it like Brian from family guy in his Mark Twain accent and I think that was the best effect.

·
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That didn't really read like a Civil War era letter to me.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
    ·
  • DarmakDarmak Forgive me for this violence I am about to inflictRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It made me chuckle but I don't know if it's worthy of being reported. 3 stars for being average.

hX0odIB.jpg
    ·
    edited May 2010
    ... Darmak what is your avatar from?

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    ·
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    how can a finger be mustachioed

this letter is grammatically inaccurate

·
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This would have been better in video form, all Ken Burns style

PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
    ·
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Why would you read a Civil War love letter in a British accent?

·
    edited May 2010
    Oh you know, the British Civil War.

- @Ludious
    ·
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    I propose that it is you who is grammatically inaccurate.
    And finger-mustach cat agrees with me, or wants to kill me horribly in my sleep and devour my still warm face meats. It's hard to tell with cats.
    Spoiler:

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    ·
    edited May 2010
    When you have to demonstrate something using cats, it loses any amount of appeal.

- @Ludious
    ·
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

http://fingerstache.ning.com/

·
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got more lols out of this when I imagined Arcanum's violin in the background.

I think Darmak's avatar is from one of Paul Robertson's works

NSFW
    NSFW
    NSFW
    NSFW

edited out link

Sweet Jesus, so not safe for work, google him when you get home!

Its his kings of power animation.

·
  • DarmakDarmak Forgive me for this violence I am about to inflictRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    ... Darmak what is your avatar from?

Paul Robertson's livejournal. I'd link it but it's got some pretty NSFW material on it. Just google it, he's got a metric fuckton of stuff on there.

Also, he's the guy who did Pirate Baby Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006, and Kings of Power 4 Billion %, which are two awesome short movies.

edit: fuck you Royce, I just saw your post :P

hX0odIB.jpg
    ·
    edited May 2010
    But the panda suit is so misleading!

Fine, let me see what this is about.

- @Ludious
    ·
    edited May 2010
    What the fuck.

- @Ludious
    ·
  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I saw Pirate Baby Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006 a while back, it was really fucking awesome

·
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User
    edited May 2010
    This discussion resulted from retrovm getting some pretty fucked up creepy messages from a pretty fucked up creepy dude. IMO, the message chain should be edited into the context, it would add a lot to this post. This post stands on its own pretty well, but adding those would get it another star I think.

·
  • SipexSipex Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Edited for context.

Also, I don't know why I read it in a british accent but I did, I imagine any uptight/high society accent would do the job though.

Horseshoe wrote:
    I've got good news and bad news about 6th level, That Guy. The good news is that Forbiddance spell allows you to prevent enemies different alignment from entering a consecrated area, which is actually useful! The bad news is that the only other new sixth level spell makes lunch for everybody. Guess which one the party is going to expect you to cast.
    ·
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Sipex wrote: »
    Edited for context.
    Thank you! <3 It's beautiful!

·
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    What the fuck.

·
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    I propose that it is you who is grammatically inaccurate.
    And finger-mustach cat agrees with me, or wants to kill me horribly in my sleep and devour my still warm face meats. It's hard to tell with cats.
    Spoiler:

The OP is meh.

Finger-mustache cat gets four stars.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
    ·