As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HEY WHAT'S UP DOOD[le]

1252627282931»

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Well done, lad. :^:

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think "Dear God, make Todd Goldman die." would be more fitting. Still, an attack on a douchebag is a good attack.
    EDIT: Axim, you ruined a perfectly decent picture of a car with a silly little filter. Get that filter shit outta there. Its pretty good on its own.

I think it's nasty jpeg compression, man.

Tam on
  • RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    well, he said he actually used a filter. So you know, I assumed he actually used a filter. :P

looks better without the filter Axim

Ravenshadow on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    well, he said he actually used a filter. So you know, I assumed he actually used a filter. :P

looks better without the filter Axim

That's me paying attention
    I totally stole that from SPI

EDIT: Oooohh...no, see, I didn't see the filter one. But I guess there's still that spoiler and I'm still not paying attention.

Tam on
  • AximAxim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    sweet, but i yeah i don't see any artifacts really other than the paint job at the front of the hood needing some definite work.. i'm not used to these metallic reflections so its still sloppy in places..

Axim on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Went to a drop-in figure drawing session tonight. I was messing around with different media.

figstudies1.jpg
    figstudies2.jpg

The guy you can see in the lower left sketch was like, Skeletor thin. I wanted to throw food at him. I mostly stuck to drawing the female model...

DMAC on
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the models (the actual people) you have are better than mine. They never do poses that are interesting and one of them complains ALL the time and always falls asleep in poses and fucks up the pose in the process.

We have one that does do interesting poses, but she's over weight and the only problem with that is that you can't see key points of the body all the time.

You're a little heavy on the outlining, which makes them look flat and cartoonish, but you're a cartoon artist so that probably doesn't bother ya. BUT you should try drawing in different ways just to see how ya like it and it just teaches you new things that you can combine with your already existing style.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • ArmainaArmaina Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the models (the actual people) you have are better than mine. They never do poses that are interesting and one of them complains ALL the time and always falls asleep in poses and fucks up the pose in the process.
    wut? fall asleep, geeeeze that's awful. Time to get a new model I think

heh my friend had a model in her class that decided he needed to wear a lamp shade and fuzzy slippers. I'd like to have a model like that, the more dynamic and silly the poses, the harder they are to do,

Armaina on
    shucklebanner_ani.gif
    Pearl: 4983 1417 9380 - Armaina
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wobbly steamhorse speedy.

dragon.jpg

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Squid: That's pretty cool I like it.

DMAC: I like your figures. You stuff reminds me of the old D&D players handbook :)

these speeds are taking longer, and longer!

speed5.jpg

Ravenshadow on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    WIP DUDDLE

witch1.jpg

Sublimus on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ravenshadow:

That looks like one of your best pieces yet.

Her ass is a bit small though. I'd thing the left cheek would extend almost as far out as you have her right one, if that makes sense. And the shading on the breast makes it look like it's hanging from the side of her torso a bit.

Virum on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

The bottom of the breast shouldn't be right by the top of the hip...
    The torso is way stretched out.

Here, this probably isn't quite right but I believe it's a bit more on track
    ravenshadowedit.jpg

maybe?

lyrium on
    edited April 2007
    the face is creeping me out i think if the eyebrow was fixed up and the hairline on the right dropped a little it would help. anyhow its similar to the pose i just did and getting the head right can be a pain in the ass.

and nice robohorse squid

Axim on
    edited April 2007
    thanks guys, I totally agree on the face I had a hard time with the angle, and I don't think I have enough contrast in the eyes, they kinda look faded.

I agree about the shading on the breast making it look a little off, I fucked with it for a while but couldn't get it right.

And Lyrium the cup on the boostier (or whatever it's called) was supposed to be hanging off like her shirt is pulled down a bit. If that was where the breast was supposed to be I'ld totally agree with you. (placement is still not quite right though)

Thanks for the help guys.

Ravenshadow on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    raven - why do they all have to be speeds? ;) Take the time to really nail everything, from proportion to contrast. Don't worry if it's taking three hours to complete. Do eeeeet!

squid - very cool! :D

NightDragon on
  • CorgiCorgi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Here's another crappy photo of a WIP using my phone.
    Same media as my previous one from a few days ago.
    Its a lot more busier than the other one also.
    I'll post better images of them when I get access to my brother's scanner this Saturday.
    As for now, gawk at the blurry low resolution-ness.
    practice2.jpg
    This one is of me from earlier this year...
    except only a few of my friends actually realized it after some a while.
    reference

Corgi on
    edited April 2007
    raven - why do they all have to be speeds? ;) Take the time to really nail everything, from proportion to contrast. Don't worry if it's taking three hours to complete. Do eeeeet!

squid - very cool! :D

you're probably right. but then I can't use time as an excuse :mrgreen:

Ravenshadow on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    AndyS.jpg

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    CCF04262007_00001.jpg

...grumblegrumble...

DeeLock on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Squidbunny: I'm really digging that steam horse. It's a very interesting design and concept. I like the cumbersome and homemade/unreliable feel to it. The two legs in the background are a little confusing for me though. They almost look like they are a piece separate from the rest of the horse. I think they might be too dark? Maybe some highlights would help? Overall though, very cool.

NibCrom on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think if I have time I might refine the iron horse and do something with it ... maybe even finish something. He'd be fun to draw in a more kinetic pose.

@Nib: I was going for a low-tech steampunky feel, so cool. But I see what you mean about the far legs; they get tangled up with the big gears (also black) on the underside and it looks pretty disconnected from everything else.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    doctors.jpg
    kitty.jpg

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I think if they were a really dark gray instead of black, that might help. Very cool piece though.

Edit - CapnipCat: Is that Dr. Mario? Who are the other people?

NibCrom on
  • TwoRightFeetTwoRightFeet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That would be Dr. Gregory House, and...Dr. Dre? haha...

TwoRightFeet on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Superbrownie.jpg

Don't ask.

Godfather on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And Lyrium the cup on the boostier (or whatever it's called) was supposed to be hanging off like her shirt is pulled down a bit. If that was where the breast was supposed to be I'ld totally agree with you. (placement is still not quite right though)

Yeah, I can look at it and see that it's not supposed to be the boob now, but compared to her arms and legs i still think her torso is long. I'm pretty sure on average if a woman pulls her knee up against her torso the top of the knee hits mid shoulder, and on your woman it would hit far beneath her shoulder. Also, the elbow held to the side lines up about with the bottom of the ribs, and if that were that case on your lady, her ribs would be too far from the top of her hip. If you arc your back and look to the side as she is, you can feel that the ribs and hips come very close together.
    In short, I would still consider shortening the torso.

Any input from people really good at anatomy?

lyrium on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh my god Catnip, docs are awesome.

DeeLock on
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Doodling while listening to the Gorillaz leads to... uh, well, judge for yourself.
    4g48s2w.gif

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
    edited April 2007
    well to commemorate reading 55/230 something issues of hellblazer in a few nights..
    keanu reeves as john constantine
    constantine-saturated.jpg

ive still got details to fill out esp in background but this is all i'm up to drawing tonight

Axim on
This discussion has been closed.