Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

But then [Mass Effect] began to smell my greatness!

• DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    guys shepard is a guy what the fuck are you all talking about

• LeinnaLeinna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have also just finished my Renegade Engineer Insanity run. The combat drone really makes it easier, particularly the Scions who forget how to do their biotic .. blowy .. up ... thing.

Now starting an Infiltrator off in ME1 - going to play Veteran just to make it a bit more straightforward and fun :)

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    Man I never even thought to play Soldier before.

Why didn't anyone ever tell me that Adrenaline Rush is the best thing ever.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    To be fair (kinda), in ME1, after getting rid of her, the council only hears from Shepard in totally ridiculous terms.
    Spoiler:

Reports from other spectres are probably like, "Yeah, I staked out that Space Quiznos for five hours but the only krogan testicles we saw were attached," or "no, it's probably not her favorite store, but there's nothing we can do about it legally." Shepard's reports have pizazz.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

I really hope we meet another Spectre in ME3 and it's revealed that they all hate Shepard's guts.
    Spoiler:

• TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Duki wrote: »

All Shepherd interpretations are correct. Shepherd's awesomeness transcends gender and moral stance.

steam_sig.png
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Teriferin wrote: »

All Shepherd interpretations are correct. Shepherd's awesomeness transcends gender and moral stance.

"This one is afraid it has had it with your, admittedly disingenuous assertions. This one believes it is time to take a relaxing, if somewhat sudden nap."

Seriously, if we don't get a hanar teammate in ME3 I'm going to kill someone. Every time we learn something new about them they seem even more awesome.

• DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

"This one is afraid it has had it with your, admittedly disingenuous assertions. This one believes it is time to take a relaxing, if somewhat sudden nap."

Seriously, if we don't get a hanar teammate in ME3 I'm going to kill someone. Every time we learn something new about them they seem even more awesome.

Hanar aren't built for combat though. He would have to fight in like a mech or something...

...yes.

• TracerBulletTracerBullet Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Hanar aren't built for combat though. He would have to fight in like a mech or something...

...yes.

What are you talking about? A Hanar choked out Zaeed

Spoiler:
    edited May 2010
    Doesn't mean they can shoot well.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doesn't mean they can shoot well.

Also, it'd look retarded. How the fuck does it take cover? When you're running does it just float faster?

It's a very, very dumb idea. That's why it was a joke, you know ridiculing it.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hanar Infiltrator, man. Goes invisible, appears behind people and strangles them.

bethryn.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hanar would take cover very easily

wrapped up in a ball they're way smaller than humans.

You could do an honest to god fastball special actually.

3DS: 2337-4267-8661
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Have any Earth franchises spread beyond Earth? Space Quiznos got me thinking.

Space McDonald's?

Space Burger King?

Space Dominos?

Space Taco Bell?

mosesupposes.gif
  • -Tal-Tal We wasn't supposed to make it past 25 Joke's on you, we still aliveRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    biotic hanar with a sniper rifle

Thane's BFF or something

put up a barrier for protection like Jack

w2mSpH.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary When has it ever been different, old friend?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Space McDonald's?

Space Burger King?

Space Dominos?

Space Taco Bell?

Space Dominos, we get you your Krogan style cheese and varran pizza pie in 30 fractions of a second or less or it's free!

4dTEXLV.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Space McDonald's?

Space Burger King?

Space Dominos?

Space Taco Bell?

Space Dominos, we get you your Krogan style cheese and varran pizza pie in 30 fractions of a second or less or it's free!

Yeah but...which fractions of a second? 30 1/2s of a second? or is it gonna be really lame like 30 3/2s of a second?

Spoiler:
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Isn't 60/1 still a fraction?

mosesupposes.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck you must go on i cant go on ill go onRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Isn't 60/1 still a fraction?

It's a representation of a non-fraction in fractional notation.

Fractions are explicitly non-unitary.

obF2Wuw.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus IT'S DARE! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

...yes.

I don't think I've heard this story.

spartasig.gif
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    edited May 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

...yes.

I don't think I've heard this story.

One of Zaeed's memories while you talk to him ends up where he or one of his teammates almost gets choked out by a hanar. Zaeed ends it with "I'll never under-estimate a hanar again"

Spoiler:
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So playing this on PC now, steam version. Just did Grunt's loyalty mission but his 4th power is still locked, what's up with that?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549 AC:NL Trading List
    sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    So playing this on PC now, steam version. Just did Grunt's loyalty mission but his 4th power is still locked, what's up with that?
    Common glitch. Thought they recently patched it out though.

Edit: Oh, patch is 360 only so far.

Per3th.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Common glitch. Thought they recently patched it out though.

Patch only on 360 not on PC yet.

• envoy1envoy1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Had this happen to me too, but only on a renegade run. Annoying glitch.

steam_sig.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So nothing I can do? Good job it's only my hardcore run then, he'll really need that power on insanity.

Went with a sentinel this time, despite being kind of 'boring' it's actually a really powerful class. It covers everything; warp for armour and barriers, overload for shields and mechs, cyroblast/throw for crowd control/environmental deaths. Plus tech armour is pretty damn good, and the power armour evolution brings your biotic and tech powers up to scratch too. 2.5 second cooldown on throw is kind of hilarious as well.

With warp ammo as your bonus power I'd argue its probably the most powerful class in the game.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549 AC:NL Trading List
    sig.gif
    edited May 2010
    Sentinel is great. He's got a tool for every problem.

To my great surprise I am enjoying my renegade soldier run currently. The
    Spoiler:

I did have one observation (and slightly risking some ME2 physics discussion here). If spacecraft basically move through space magic (mass effect fields), then why
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
  • -Tal-Tal We wasn't supposed to make it past 25 Joke's on you, we still aliveRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Zaeed, Grunt, and renegade Soldier are the ultimate demolition squad. You could make a whole game starring them.

w2mSpH.jpg
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I did have one observation (and slightly risking some ME2 physics discussion here). If spacecraft basically move through space magic (mass effect fields), then why
    Spoiler:

me2 doesn't bother with logic or reasoning.
    as such, ignore all plot, logic and/or science holes!

drakonias(sp?) would say "because it looks cool".

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    edited May 2010
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Spoiler:

me2 doesn't bother with logic or reasoning.
    as such, ignore all plot, logic and/or science holes!

drakonias(sp?) would say "because it looks cool".

Indeed.

Because it looks cool.

edited May 2010
    [/SPOILER]

Spoiler:

But it wasn't a Reaper ship.

mosesupposes.gif
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Sentinel is great. He's got a tool for every problem.

To my great surprise I am enjoying my renegade soldier run currently. The
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

16kakxt.jpg
    edited May 2010
    no, my point is more general. All ships move in and out of atmospheres by using mass effect fields. Suddenly the collector ship uses liquid nitrogen? Daku is right. It looks cool.

steam_sig.png
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User
    edited May 2010
    no, my point is more general. All ships move in and out of atmospheres by using mass effect fields. Suddenly the collector ship uses liquid nitrogen? Daku is right. It looks cool.

Uh doesn't the normandy use both? Mass Effect fields to specific systems and regular fuel for flight within systems?

• evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Spoiler:

What looked different? I mean sovereign had loads of smoke pouring out when it took off from Eden Prime.

evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I thought they used Mass Effect fields to counter the effects of gravity, and chemical engines for actually moving around atmosphere.

steam_sig.png
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I thought they used Mass Effect fields to counter the effects of gravity, and chemical engines for actually moving around atmosphere.

Exactly. Don't see it being the plothole envoy is seeing it as.

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I've run though the game three times, adept (normal), and vanguard (hardcore), engineer (insanity) any suggestions for a 4th? I tried doing an infiltrator run but I quit right after Freedom's Progress since I was burnt out.

• evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tertiee wrote: »
    So I've run though the game three times, adept (normal), and vanguard (hardcore), engineer (insanity) any suggestions for a 4th? I tried doing an infiltrator run but I quit right after Freedom's Progress since I was burnt out.

go soldier and get the machine gun

evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
    edited May 2010
    Until this exact moment, I had no idea Shepard's private quarters had a bathroom.

Absolutely no idea.

Spoiler:
    edited May 2010
    i like Jacob now

he's the only romance that makes Shepard talk about herself for a change

w2mSpH.jpg