As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do I REPOST a Craigslist ad?

MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I remember you being able to do this, I think I used to do it for a services ad a couple years ago. I don't see that option anymore, did they discontinue it? Does this mean I have to get several accounts to be able to get my ad at the top of the list?

MindLib on

• Mr BlondeMr Blonde Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You can repost an ad if you have an account. Just go to the homepage of your account, click on your ad and click repost.

Mr Blonde on
  • MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    You can repost an ad if you have an account. Just go to the homepage of your account, click on your ad and click repost.

I swear I'm trying to do just that, but the re-post option simply seems to not be there.

MindLib on
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MindLib wrote: »
    Mr Blonde wrote: »

I swear I'm trying to do just that, but the re-post option simply seems to not be there.

Hmm, make another account and test it out? Maybe they banned your account for some reason? No clue man, shoot their customer service an email. They blacklisted my account for some reason and I had to call their billing department to clear that up.

Mr Blonde on
    edited May 2010
    It's saying this in the help pages:
    free ads

* Delete your original post.
    * Go to the home page for your craigslist city.
    * Click on the "post to classifieds" link in the top left corner of that page, and proceed through the posting process.

I tried deleting but when I try to post the same ad it says one like that already exists, wtf?

MindLib on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You should be able to go back and edit your original post and then submit it again. That should repost it.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited May 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    You should be able to go back and edit your original post and then submit it again. That should repost it.

negative.

MindLib on
  • illigillig Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Craigslist limits reposting. You have to wait a certain amount of time before the option is available again to reduce spamming.

illig on