As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Street Fighter IV: Everyone loves Chun-li.

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    What's the input lag for LED TVs?

My 50 inch plasma is just fine though. <3

Same here, high 5.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the mockup image looks horrible! that can't be real.
    I too play on a plasma... that's the way to go. Panasonic Viera bitches :lol: although I did do a three hour training mode session once that left being some meter outlines..

Sakeido on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LCD 50" for me. The only thing that put LCD over plasma for me was all the people complaining of burn-in.

Although it would be pretty cool to have Dan's taunt #9 burned into the screen

joshofalltrades on
    edited May 2010
    LCD 50" for me. The only thing that put LCD over plasma for me was all the people complaining of burn-in.

Although it would be pretty cool to have Dan's taunt #9 burned into the screen

it is impossible to burn in a new plasma. The meter outlines I had after playing training mode for three hours went away in about 30 seconds once I switched to my Windows desktop and were only visible on a black screen anyway.

Sakeido on
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why would they make the most anticipated and interesting SF NEW character addition and turn him into crap?

Because he's basically a joke character and they didn't do loke testing (or however it is written).

My next TV will probably be a Plasma, they have come a long way and are quite awesome now. Though they are still damn heavy compared to an LCD.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why would they make the most anticipated and interesting SF NEW character addition and turn him into crap?

I don't know. Hakan looked pretty gimmicky from the get go.

Edit: Beat'd

Dragkonias on
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Console controllers are fine :).

I agree.

I think the hardest part about playing at a tourney level on a console controller would be the fact that half of the tourneys are on the PS3 and the other half on the 360. So you'd have to either get some type of controller adapter or learn how to use both console controllers.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    edited May 2010

Because he's basically a joke character and they didn't do loke testing (or however it is written).

My next TV will probably be a Plasma, they have come a long way and are quite awesome now. Though they are still damn heavy compared to an LCD.

at least you can still move them on your own.. the solid glass fronts are weighty, but they still aren't CRTs by any stretch

Sakeido on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Do they tend to have less input lag than LCD?

Thanks again Panda for the Dictator matches. That was good stuff. If anyone else plays a good Dictator and wouldn't mind having some long sets against Guile, hit me up on XBL :)

Kris on
    edited May 2010
    Kris wrote: »

Do they tend to have less input lag than LCD?

Thanks again Panda for the Dictator matches. That was good stuff. If anyone else plays a good Dictator and wouldn't mind having some long sets against Guile, hit me up on XBL :)

Input lag tends to go more by brands than by what type of TV because its a result of how much processing the TV does to its inputs. Samsung monitors are usually the laggiest, and I'm told even with game mode on they don't cut it for Street Fighter. Sony is pretty middle of the road.

Sharps and Panasonics are generally the least laggy, so you go Sharp if you want an LCD and Panny if you want a plasma. Although, I have an older LG LCD that seems to be completely lagless..

Sakeido on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Uick question which I'm pretty sure has been asked and answered already,
    are the SF4 costume packs compatible with SSF4?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Uick question which I'm pretty sure has been asked and answered already,
    are the SF4 costume packs compatible with SSF4?

Yep

joshofalltrades on
  • House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm running off a 50" Panasonic plasma and I don't notice any input lag. Burn-in isn't an issue, every once in a while something will burn in a bit but after switching to a TV show it's gone.

I'm stoked to see these Inthul videos. I've seen him play in some previous tourneys and he was awesome. Sounds like he just got better!

Good games BlueDouble and Degami! Those were fun times :D

BlueDouble - get a mic! :P

EDIT: Regarding the SSF4 HDTVs, what the fuck?
    Street Fightery images will also appear on the screen for 8 seconds when the HDTV is turned on.

Why would I want this?

EDIT 2: Watching some FADC videos...God, don't every let Arturo near a mic!

House of Paincakes on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm running off a 50" Panasonic plasma and I don't notice any input lag. Burn-in isn't an issue, every once in a while something will burn in a bit but after switching to a TV show it's gone.

I'm stoked to see these Inthul videos. I've seen him play in some previous tourneys and he was awesome. Sounds like he just got better!

Good games BlueDouble and Degami! Those were fun times :D

BlueDouble - get a mic! :P

EDIT: Regarding the SSF4 HDTVs, what the fuck?
    Street Fightery images will also appear on the screen for 8 seconds when the HDTV is turned on.

Why would I want this?

Dude came off like such an douche on the stream, talking garbage on people and then losing and coming on mic acting like he let down his adoring fans and what not. Not graceful in defeat at all.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    If I want Street Fightery images to appear on my screen, I'll put my Street Fighter disc in my Xbox 360

joshofalltrades on
    edited May 2010

Most of those guys should never be near a mic. Sabyul holds it down big time.. he should be the only guy ever talking during the matches. Then bring in a special guest to give some color commentary between rounds, that's it. Top players =/= top announcers

Sakeido on
    edited May 2010
    Plus the whole Bias in the announcing the players can add. Short of paying announcers I don't think there's much option to fix that though.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    In General, aside from Seb I really don't care at all for any of the other announcers. Chris Hu is good in moderation because he knows what is going on and is good at pointing things out.

Yipes, Arturo, etc really don't have anything to offer for me. Yipes is annoying because he never shuts up about whatever the current meme is, and Arturo's voice/attitude are really god-awful.

FuriousJodo on
    edited May 2010
    I actually didn't mind who ever was doing the money matches at the hotel, he was on the super stream day 2 also. The guy doing the "Bang Bang Bang" thing... he was much less horrible than most can be.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    As far as my relatively short experience with stream commentary goes, I like Seth K, Gootecks, Hu, and Seb. Skisonic is okay too.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    edited May 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    As far as my relatively short experience with stream commentary goes, I like Seth K, Gootecks, Hu, and Seb. Skisonic is okay too.

gootecks is really good. He cracks me up when he has to commentate bad players :lol:
    S-Kill is also great.. its too bad he can't commentate every tournament. But we get him for Evo!

Sakeido on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Gran calc is the best you guys : (

I used to not like Chris Hu, but he just says such hilarious things.

Frosteey on
    edited May 2010
    I feel people like Chris Hu for the wrong reasons personally. Of course I don't know if Chris Hu is in on the joke or what if he is cool with people treating him like the token asian guy in an 80s movie then I am cool with him doing it.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Gran calc is the best you guys : (

I used to not like Chris Hu, but he just says such hilarious things.

Gran Calc is great...he's always cool and calm and has tons of insight for character-specific matchups. Chris Hu is pretty funny and doesn't repeat himself too much.

House of Paincakes on
    edited May 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I feel people like Chris Hu for the wrong reasons personally. Of course I don't know if Chris Hu is in on the joke or what if he is cool with people treating him like the token asian guy in an 80s movie then I am cool with him doing it.

His accent stuff can be funny but it isn't why I like him as a commentator. He really knows teh game very well.

FuriousJodo on
    edited May 2010
    I should have said most people. He is quite insightful even if a little biased at times.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Generally this tournament was pretty terrible for commentary, mostly thanks to Arturo having the absolute worst voice in history. KDZ was really awful as well. There was one time where both KDZ and Arturo were commentating where I literally had to to turn off the volume it was so awful. JWong did okay, even though I'm not a fan. Chris Hu is entertaining to listen to because of how animated he gets.

I liked Yipes okay, but I think that probably has more to do with how bad everyone else was.

I liked Skisonic and Seb a lot at MWC (though ski could be a bit much at times)---I don't remember the guy's name, but he was the rather regular looking one who commentated a lot, he seemed to be pretty decent too.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    Who ever the guy complaining about the "stream monsters" thing is was horrible and should never ever touch the mic again.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sakeido wrote: »
    ggs to horseman85 last night, got in some good matches

Good games to you too. Man, I was getting crushed by your Cody. I had to force myself not to use Rose/Ibuki slide to start standing a chance. My lack of metre management was pretty evident in those matches as well. As for Soul Drill, I think it may be safe if I use the LK version with the proper spacing. I don't have the frame data on hand for it though.

horseman85 on
    PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't suppose it's possible to get various colors for buttons eh? say black rim pink, green, red etc etc in a set?

And Fei Long still has the most views in the character subforums.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2010
    You can order whatever combination you want from most places. I think it's also possible to swap out the buttons yourself though I haven't messed with that yet (the rims and the main button piece).

FuriousJodo on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I don't suppose it's possible to get various colors for buttons eh? say black rim pink, green, red etc etc in a set?

Usually you have to buy both button colors you want.

ChaosHat on
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Black rim+ color inside is pretty easy to get for both sanwa and seimitsu.

http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/pushbuttons.shtml

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
    edited May 2010
    So ordering black/white, green,yellow, orange, black/pink, white, blue, violet would be the same as all one color then? Or would that be a lot more extra?

Oh and Octogates, guessing that's an 8-way yeah?

SkutSkut on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    just went twelve rounds with a pretty solid ibuki who beat me in ranked and then invited me for some matches

we went back and forth and then i won seven

i love it when people invite you and say "gg" afterwards like a decent person

makes up for the doucheballs

Evil Multifarious on
    edited May 2010
    So ordering black/white, green,yellow, orange, black/pink, white, blue, violet would be the same as all one color then? Or would that be a lot more extra?

The Buttons should all cost the same and you mix and match colors. Also square gates are 8 way since the stick picks up the polar directions and the diagonals with square or octo. If you are modding a te the part you'd need is here: http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/images/for_sale/joysticks/sanwa_gty.jpg Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate that part is 100% optional and all up to personal taste.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

The Buttons should all cost the same and you mix and match colors. Also square gates are 8 way since the stick picks up the polar directions and the diagonals with square or octo. If you are modding a te the part you'd need is here: http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/images/for_sale/joysticks/sanwa_gty.jpg Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate that part is 100% optional and all up to personal taste.

Thank ya kindly.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2010
    horseman85 wrote: »
    Sakeido wrote: »
    ggs to horseman85 last night, got in some good matches

Good games to you too. Man, I was getting crushed by your Cody. I had to force myself not to use Rose/Ibuki slide to start standing a chance. My lack of metre management was pretty evident in those matches as well. As for Soul Drill, I think it may be safe if I use the LK version with the proper spacing. I don't have the frame data on hand for it though.

honestly man, a lot of it was coming down to you pressing too many buttons. I caught you too many times by going jab jab, pause, jab short ruffian because it seemed every time I left a gap in my strings you would do something. Against chars like Cody that can hit confirm into knockdowns and big damage so easily, you have to be more willing to just ride it out. When I caught your reversal EX spiral with my ultra, same deal.. I knew you were going to do something :lol:

A lot of the times in SF, doing less = doing more. If you are always doing something, I don't have to guess anymore. If you sometimes do nothing, I have to rein myself in.

Other than that, your Rose pressure was tenacious. Learned some good things about the matchup.. still trying to find out a way around that freakin ultra 2 though.

Sakeido on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What I love most about Chun-Li. Hmmm....

AH! The ass whoopings I'm about to deliver unto all of you via Xbox Live. Like right now!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    What I love most about Chun-Li. Hmmm....

AH! The ass whoopings I'm about to deliver unto all of you via Xbox Live. Like right now!

Ugh, I played for like 6 hours today. Where were you hours ago!? :x

There's not nearly enough shit talking in my day to day SSFIV play.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D