As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Procrastinating by making a school thread, I think this is ironic or something?

• MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My present situation:

Started working on a 3 year history BA in 2007 and due to some learning disabilities/anxiety stuff/missing a lot of classes I didn't take 5 courses a term every year. Recently found out that I'm well on my way to being done, but it'll be two more years. I don't know if I can take this! I know I'll only be 24 but still man, dang.

Also I finally got a language course (D+ in German), and I don't care if it's low, I got ittt.

Meissnerd on
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have to finish a paper for my psychology class due on friday, then start a paper for my film class
    after the 28th all that's left are a few tests and small assignments
    I am feeling alright, hoping things will go easily

Pillow, if you end up homeless yell at one of the forumers to take you in
    if they won't, we'll just beat em up and take the place

scarlet blvd. on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i think i am straddling B-A in japanese

uuugh i hate having to tryyyyy

also hellla reading to do

and no sleep

fuck school

Sars_Boy on
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tomorrow I start my summer long internship at a nearby art museum. While I'm going to enjoy being consistently productive for once during the summer, this was earlier than expected and hoped to have at least one more week to just have fuck-all going on before diving into various summer projects.

CptKemzik on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm going back to school in the Fall.

Haven't been in school for.... 4 years

its going to feel weird

Al_wat on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    woo I'm sick, now I have an excuse to not do stuff

wait shit I'm not in high school any more that doesn't count

I hate being somewhat grown up :(

L|ama on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so apparently the reason I haven't heard back from the university of toronto yet is because three weeks ago some jerk sent my college transcripts to the wrong admissions office

and if I don't resolve this within three days I won't have a choice and will have to accept an offer from trent university (which is a really cool university and they're offering me a lot of scholarship dollars, but it's also pretty far away and I'd be starting up a whole new life on my own and dang that's a hefty thing to consider)

wooooo

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited May 2010
    UofToronto is also a better school than Trent generally.

Al_wat on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    starting up a whole new life kind of genuinely owns

you barely had an old one!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    well I'm looking to study anthropology and my crazy awesome anthropology professor from college said that trent has one of the best anthropology programs ever
    so hooray for that

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you're getting good scholarship money to go there, and it has a great department for what you want to do then go for it.

CptKemzik on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just got my program changed accepted haha yes fuck you in the ass Liberal Arts

Franko on
    edited May 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    well I'm looking to study anthropology and my crazy awesome anthropology professor from college said that trent has one of the best anthropology programs ever
    so hooray for that

I say do it then.

At least peterborough isn't THAT far away from Toronto. I mean you can still visit whenever.

Al_wat on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have a 7 page paper due tomorrow that I'm actively not working on.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sweet jesus, law cases and theory take so long to read. I'm going to punch whoever convinced me that taking constitutional law was a good idea in the dick.

Borommakot on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My last day of classes was today

Which means it's super cool that I still have to wake up and go to school for the rest of the week, and it's also great that I haven't started an eight-page paper that due on Friday about existentialism

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »
    My last day of classes was today

Which means it's super cool that I still have to wake up and go to school for the rest of the week, and it's also great that I haven't started an eight-page paper that due on Friday about existentialism

This doesn't make sense
    Why do you still have to go to school? Didn't finish things?

scarlet blvd. on
    edited May 2010
    exams I guess?

Al_wat on
    edited May 2010
    Exams were in April

Next week is "activities week" and we're going backpacking, so tomorrow and Thursday are trip prep and college advising, and Friday is a half day.

The paper is due Friday for some fucking reason. rrrraffffrrghh.

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    wait what

exams were BEFORE the end of classes?

what the fuck?

Al_wat on
    edited May 2010
    It's because after exams, our seniors leave to do senior projects

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    ohhhhh high school

Al_wat on
    edited May 2010
    I am supposed to be working on a paper right now too actually
    deciding to go to the store with St. instead
    I can get 25 cent pop this way as well

it's hard to break this kind of habit, I haven't had to do much this past semester

scarlet blvd. on
    edited May 2010
    doot doot

results with huge errors that are only kind of right by sheer coincidence

ignoring it in the report

doot doo dooooot

L|ama on
    edited May 2010
    science

Al_wat on
    edited May 2010
    guessing numbers makes the world go around

L|ama on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    3 things happened to me on my way home from school.

1) Preppy white kids spotted leaving the Goodwills. They wore nice clothing and owned nice phones, I guess they were being vintage chic or something. Notable because I recognize all the white people at my school, and you don't see white kids taking that route ever. They all seem nice enough, but like the hip black people you see roaming about, you wonder where they come from.

2) Stopped at a bookstore to buy something. The front was being taken care of by the owner's friend till the owner could come back from his back office. Me and the man talked, he wanted to know if the high schools still had a rivalry on, is the busing really that common, plans for higher-ed, general school-type small talk. The owner comes back, and I realize I'd left my wallet at home. The owner's friend asks how much it costs and is told it is 12 dollars.

. . . He offers to buy it for me. I am obviously, very surprised to hear this, and tell him I can not accept the offer. Thankfully, he doesn't insist. It was very odd. I mean, what for? It is possible he meant it sincerely, I had said one of my only talents was art and the book in question was an art book so I don't know, maybe he had some sort of messiah complex and thus offered to pay for it. Or who knows. I left the store.

3) I found a severed cat head on my street. There wasn't any blood on the grass, and it's body was nowhere to be seen. How awful.

Muse Among Men on
    edited May 2010
    3 things happened to me on my way home from school.

1) Preppy white kids spotted leaving the Goodwills. They wore nice clothing and owned nice phones, I guess they were being vintage chic or something. Notable because I recognize all the white people at my school, and you don't see white kids taking that route ever. They all seem nice enough, but like the hip black people you see roaming about, you wonder where they come from.

2) Stopped at a bookstore to buy something. The front was being taken care of by the owner's friend till the owner could come back from his back office. Me and the man talked, he wanted to know if the high schools still had a rivalry on, is the busing really that common, plans for higher-ed, general school-type small talk. The owner comes back, and I realize I'd left my wallet at home. The owner's friend asks how much it costs and is told it is 12 dollars.

. . . He offers to buy it for me. I am obviously, very surprised to hear this, and tell him I can not accept the offer. Thankfully, he doesn't insist. It was very odd. I mean, what for? It is possible he meant it sincerely, I had said one of my only talents was art and the book in question was an art book so I don't know, maybe he had some sort of messiah complex and thus offered to pay for it. Or who knows. I left the store.

3) I found a severed cat head on my street. There wasn't any blood on the grass, and it's body was nowhere to be seen. How awful.

You have angered the Samaritan gods, they will bring forth vengeance upon you

That's fucked up
    also, you missed out on your chance for a lifetime movie: get the artbook, become famous because someone sees the artbook, become all bigshot art dude, go back to your roots and meet the family of the dude. I think that's how they go, some sappy stuff like that right?

scarlet blvd. on
    edited May 2010
    probably he thought you were cool and 12 bucks aint all that much money, really.

Al_wat on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh, I know it isn't. But I didn't feel right, and how was I going to explain the free gift to my parents. They know I like art books and know that they are usually expensive, and that I don't have any cash money; if a bookstore didn't show up under the credit card bill they might have asked.

Muse Among Men on
    edited May 2010
    Thief

You stole it didn't you!

What has my child become

Al_wat on
    edited May 2010
    They might think that.

And they would be just as upset if I told them the hypothetical truth.

Still going to pick up the book tomorrow.

Muse Among Men on
    edited May 2010
    My schedule has been ruined!
    I didn't do what I said I would do today
    damnit

I should go sleep
    St.'s going to yell at me to watch some tv show with him I know it

scarlet blvd. on
    edited May 2010
    I refuse to believe that you know which of you is which

L|ama on
    edited May 2010
    God, if we were one entity I would kill my third of the brain

scarlet blvd. on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My philosophy professor this quarter is letting me do my final on Kierkegaard's idea of there possibly being a standard to be held for the 'religious man,' and I will demonstrate this through a comparison of his ideas concerning the 'religious man' to how the characters on LOST are manipulated to a degree from the island's divine elements.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited May 2010
    I am awful at Film Scene analysis. seriously, I get that this scene is totally fucking amazing, but I am just awful at noticing all the small pieces of stuff like this.
    crap...
    almost done though I suppose
    It won't be the worst essay I've ever written.

scarlet blvd. on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am awful at Film Scene analysis. seriously, I get that this scene is totally fucking amazing, but I am just awful at noticing all the small pieces of stuff like this.
    crap...
    almost done though I suppose
    It won't be the worst essay I've ever written.

Which scene?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited May 2010
    I'm doing the last few minutes of The Third Man, in the Vienna sewers
    it's pretty awesome, but I don't really know what to say
    leave that for tomorrow I suppose

scarlet blvd. on
This discussion has been closed.