As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your Citys (and towns, hamlets...) Post them

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wait, what's that last building in jewland?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    someone help me find an apartment in brooklyn

thats what you should do

Are you rich?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    it's an accelerator at the weizmann institute of science

Organichu on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

Looks like an M16 with a grenade launcher attachment. I may have played to much games

Sparvy on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sparvy wrote: »

Looks like an M16 with a grenade launcher attachment. I may have played to much games

Well, You know, they have to defend themselves against the terrorists and such.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    it's my favorite part of the city

i love futuristic looking garbage, though i'm not as scientifically grounded as many of you

Organichu on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

thats what you should do

Are you rich?

uhhh

< 1400 for me
    that is considering splitting with 2-3 friends

---

i would post pictures of where i am from but ain't nothing good to post

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Daejeon, South Korea, come on down!
    Daejeon_southern_cityscape_from_Gyejoksan.jpg

Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea. But its not Seoul so who cares amirite?

It does have a World Cup stadium
    daejeon_wc1.jpg

And a big science park from when it hosted some World Expo in 1993
    Daejeon429.jpg

Daejeon is called the Silicon Valley of Korea. One part of town, Daedeok Science Town has over 200 research institutes.

We also have some big universities, the biggest being KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology).

The actual town I'm from, Kingsport TN is far to unimportant to warrant me finding pictures of it. It has a big chemical plant.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    it's my favorite part of the city

i love futuristic looking garbage, though i'm not as scientifically grounded as many of you

It is pretty cool.

I too am an un-scientific Sci-fI lover. For living in I think I prefer cozy, old buildings though. Tradition, atmosphere, history etc.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SanderJK wrote: »
    This is Utrecht:
    12-8-2009-15-34-utrecht1.jpg
    • One of the oldest Dutch cities it has more history then you can shake a stick at:
    • Started off as a Roman Fort
    • Place of formation of the Republic of the Netherlands (I received my 1st years degree in the room this was signed)
    • Birthplace of the last non-Italian to become pope up until John Paul II (We have a papal palace due to it)
    • Big ass Churchtower... that is not connected to the church for centuries.. become the middle part collapsed during a storm in 1674.
    • The city is surrounded by early 19th century forts, an effort to make a line of defense behind floodable plains against invaders. We kept with that plan even when the Germans went about with that whole flying business.

I visited Utrecht for a couple of days last year on holiday. It is an amazing place with the same kind of feel to Amsterdam (lots of young people, bars and coffee shops), but without all the obnoxious drunk Americans

Anarchy Rules! on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Olympia (Capitol), Washington.

The large building on the left is actually still there and in use.
    olympia-wa-1905-2.jpg
    olympia_wa.jpg
    cfiles5117.jpg

During the Fall:
    water-dances-in-front.jpg

The fountain:
    tivoli02.jpg

The capitol building:
    olympia.jpg

The lake:
    cfiles5122.jpg

The old brewery (falling apart):
    131989504_c23ae77f4b.jpg?v=0

The new brewery (for sale and falling apart):
    brewerywaterfall.jpg

Slider on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ann Arbor, Michigan.

It's a university town, dominated by the University of Michigan. And football:
    michigan-stadium.jpg

That's Michigan Stadium, aka The Big House, capacity (unofficially) 111,000 or so. I was part of the crowd that set the all time attendance record (112,118) for on campus college football in the 2003 game against Ohio State.
    2301242062_4404037210.jpg

That's Angell Hall, which was originally going to be the state capital before Lansing was chosen over Ann Arbor (we got the better school though). It's home to a ton of lecture halls and is actually part of a four building complex that makes up most of the humanities.
    NC%20picture.jpg

North campus, where engineers and similar people have classes. Also, all the music types in a bit of an odd combination.
    inavail_medium.jpg

Back on central campus, legend has it that if you step on this block M, donated by the class of 1953, before you take your first blue book exam, you're destined to fail it. I carefully avoided doing so for 19 years (seriously!).
    477629242_ab426b43ca.jpg

This is The Cube. It rests just outside the Michigan Union and the Administration Building (more on that in a second). It's a massive thing, but can be spun on that corner by say, a six year old. You'll frequently see people spinning it if you watch broadcasts of Michigan sporting events.
    2882023625_0465bf203a.jpg

That's the Fleming Building, where the University Administration works. Those weird slit windows? Rumor has always been that the building was designed as a bunker during the Vietnam War when Ann Arbor was a focal point of the protest movement and SDS. There's also supposed to be a secret passage from the Fleming Building to variable the grad library, that block M in the Diag, the President's House, and North Campus.
    2928134651_6697e004d6.jpg

The original Borders book store is actually right down the street from here, but it's gone now, so I'll choose this picture. It's probably the most famous of the businesses in Ann Arbor, but among foodies it's...
    20070503zingermans.jpg

this place, Zingerman's deli. Great food, if kind of outrageously expensive. Members of my family will drive 200 miles to get bread from here (well, and see my parents and a few cousins who live around here).
    800px-NicholsArb.jpg

On the north end of central campus, there's Nicholls Arboretum, a lovely place to wander around and quite possibly smoke pot. Ann Arbor IS the location of Hash Bash, after all. It's been a declining tradition in recent times, but used to be a huge deal. Ann Arbor has also mostly legalized marijuana possession for a long time, but you have to make sure that you do so on city property and not university property as the university cops will go after you with state law, which is much more harsh than the $25 ticket the city will give you.

After you've done that, you might want to visit...
    752163331_e2ef9ddb4d.jpg

My favorite pizza place in town (though they serve a bunch of other stuff), though there are a few solid competitors. Pizza House is also quite good. I recommend the Best of Cottage Inn.

There are other parts of the city that aren't really University related, but they're not very interesting. It's a college town, through and through.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm surprised I haven't seen Seattle here yet, considering how many forumers we have scuttling about our fair city.

This is our amazing skyline as seen from Capital Hill:
    Seattle.jpg

Here it is again except from the viewpoint of West Seattle, which is technically part of Seattle but across Elliot Bay from the downtown proper. It is also where I grew up, we're almost like our own separate town as the only way to reach the rest of Seattle is a bridge.
    seattle-skyline-nov3.jpg

You may have heard of this place, this is where the guys who throw the fish sell fish, also it has the best piroshky place in the city, as well as the oldest Starbucks.
    market.jpg

Pioneer Square is where you see a lot of the older city, Smith Tower is near there and it used to be the largest building this side of the Mississippi, it's also where you can tour the Underground or get wasted as there's a ton of bars.
    pioneer%20square.jpg

Smith Tower, not so impressive nowadays.
    SmithTowerMain.jpg

And this is where I go to college, the University of Washington, you've probably seen our library unless you've never watched any of the Harry Potter films as they used the reading room in the main library to film parts of the movie.
    uw_george_washington_statue.jpg

And the room in question, it does look pretty cool.
    suzzallo-library.jpg

I live north of there in the Ravenna neighborhood, this graph sums up what it's like pretty fast.
    50118.jpg

It's full of young people with families who throw dirty looks towards the college students and the college students like me being given dirty looks for such indiscretions as walking down the street late at night or being awake after 10 pm.

Oh, and GO SOUNDERS (I am not in this picture)
    sounders-fans2.jpg

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You may have heard of this place, this is where the guys who throw the fish sell fish, also it has the best piroshky place in the city, as well as the oldest Starbucks.

It also has (or had in 2005 when I was out there), an honest to God Leftorium!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    lemurlemur Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hello, Memphis!
    memphis.jpg

Here are some places that are apparently noteworthy.
    Beale Street. Overrated in my opinion. It holds a music festival every year, but I haven't been, and as time goes on my desire to fades even more.
    There's also a BBQ fest held near it every year, which is slightly more interesting because there's food (if you can get into a decent booth.)

NGR2D00Z.jpg
    Graceland. Also highly overrated. 'Never been, and I don't plan on going any time soon.
    What most tourists don't know is that it's in a pretty seedy part of town, like some of our other famous spots.

Graceland.jpg
    National Civil Rights Museum. This one has some significance, but I've only been via school field trips.

martin_luther_king_was_shot_here_small_web_view.jpg
    The Pyramid (It might have another name, but I don't know it. It's an eyesore, anyway.)
    The city was tricked into making this and it's been virtually empty for years, draining the city of money. It might become a Bass Pro Shop.

PyramidArena.jpg

Here are some places I'm slightly more interested in.
    Overtone Square. This place apparently use to be a popular hangout back in the day. I've been told that my father had a hand in making it what it was.
    My mom tells me he came up with the name, but I don't have any proof outside of that. It's now a shell of it's former self, but I still enjoy going there. More than Beale Street, atleast.

overton-square-web_t300.jpg
    Cooper Young. A kind of artsy district that holds in own festival every year.
    Also has a Gay and Lesbian Community center that I've never been in. Not much to it really, but I know a lot of people who would like to live there if they don't already.

CYtressel_BBuck.jpg
    This is East Memphis, the place I grew up and lived in until the age of about 11.
    It's the best part of Memphis to live in, IMO. It's one of the safest places you can live without having to move to the suburbs.
    114729433_5ed760c82c_b.jpg

Here's my old school.
    108160-0-0-2.jpg
    And here's where I'm going in the fall.
    UOM_landscape.JPG

Technically I live in a small town next to Memphis, but I can't find any decent pictures of it, and it's practically just another part of Memphis, anyway.
    I'm really hoping I move somewhere else in the next few years, I don't want to live here my whole life. It's not that I hate the city, I just have never known anywhere else, and have this strong desire to move as far away as possible.

lemur on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would so live in Seattle if I moved to the US, it's one of the few places I could still enjoy the Manchester climate :^:

Sydney and Melbourne were too damn hot...

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I live in Bentonville, Arkansas (for the summer, anyhow). It's only known for being the location of Wal-Mart headquarters. Just about everyone here works for either Wal-Mart or a Wal-Mart vendor.
    walton.jpg
    That dude's face is all over photos and portraits inside the Wal-Mart home offices.

[Michael] on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Some pictures culled from the internet, since my camera is sadly gone.
    Some of the city's high-rise:

london.png
    Regent Street:

England_London_RegentStreet2.jpg
    Shad Thames:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5372&d=1240165411
    Battersea Power Station. I tried to sneak in here a couple months ago to take some pictures but there were people everywhere.

battersea.jpg
    Futuristic-looking garbage:

England_London_Sci_Fi_Llloyds1.jpg
    This canal runs by a point not far from where I live.

2208_regents_canal.jpg
    regents-canal--city-road-lock-127046.jpg

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like when people are surprised that we named this after an anime
    42531909110fba424807be18be07d636_M.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

thats what you should do

Are you rich?

uhhh

< 1400 for me
    that is considering splitting with 2-3 friends

---

i would post pictures of where i am from but ain't nothing good to post

If you all have $1400 on it you can find a nice 3 bedroom for $4200 easy. What neighborhood are you looking for?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ahh somewhere where it's easy to get to tribeca or union square (places of respective employments)... aka, 2,3,orA,C and 4,5,6,orN,R. or L.

This is where my family is from!

4184194256_f1b3e72bb6_b.jpg

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    SkulkrakenSkulkraken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ...I live on Guam.

2ex81lv.jpg

Skulkraken on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    inavail_medium.jpg

Back on central campus, legend has it that if you step on this block M, donated by the class of 1953, before you take your first blue book exam, you're destined to fail it. I carefully avoided doing so for 19 years (seriously!).

Penn has the same tradition, except its finals.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    inavail_medium.jpg

Penn has the same tradition, except its finals.

I imagine it's fairly common as absurd superstitions go. There's another one about making out under a certain archway = automatic marriage.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fallingman wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Is that a man in a pith helmet mounting a penny-farthing in front of the church?

Yes. That part of Oamaru has a really well kept Victorian area, which has become a tourist spot. The local shopkeepers often dress up in period dress during the week or for festivals

Man... I ALWAYS got speeding tickets through Oamaru.

It's all like "Hey, enjoy our wide southern roads, arent they a joy to cruise down? Hey, did you see..." BAM! TOWN! FLASH! NOW YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO YOUR GIRLFRIENDS FATHER WHY YOU WERE SPEEDING IN HIS CAR WITH HIS DAUGHTER!

*sigh*

Dude, it has got even worse. I was back there a month or so back and they've added 80km zones on either side, one of which goes for about 4-5km. So now it is even slower!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Milwaukee staggers forth!
    cfiles41459.jpg
    Our art museum is pretty cool looking. The upper part actually closes during bad weather.
    1927715369_b4b5c8d909.jpg
    Skyline's okay, nothing very tall.
    mil_miller_park_baseball.jpg
    Miller Park with the roof open.
    Lake%20Michigan6.jpg
    A big lake that you can almost never swim in because it is too damn cold. And possibly full of turds.
    harley.jpg
    The Harley Davidson Museum. I should go. I should get a bike, too.

Then there's winter.
    5_61_122307_Snow01.jpg

F_573460.jpg

2005snow-2.jpeg

I also gis'd 'milwaukee bars' and got 1.2 million results.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm debating which to do. Kapolei, HI, my hometown, or Seattle, WA, my current city.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I'm debating which to do. Kapolei, HI, my hometown, or Seattle, WA, my current city.

Go for the obscure option - Seattle will be picked up by someone else

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    More London!

Lived here five years now & loving it.

Pics from the net because I am an incompetent photographer.
    london12.jpg
    Financial District
    london9.jpg
    River Thames
    Hyde_Park_from_the_air.jpg
    Hyde Park
    specialreports_2edb.london-canary-wharf.jpg
    Canary Wharf
    Parliament_Square_2005.jpg
    Parliament Square

Astns on
  • Options
    MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Seeing chucktown as the first response in this thread is kind of surreal. It's a great place to hang out. Oh, and to be born and grow up around too.

North Charleston, on the other hand, is a suburbian hell having most of the typical urban problems without the benefits. At least the rent is good.

I just got stationed up in Goose Creek and I hate Charleston. Maybe I'm crazy though. I at least hate the night life.

MadnessBA on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »

Go for the obscure option - Seattle will be picked up by someone else
    I'm considering getting a season pass to the water park. Any comments about the park?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [beach image]
    A big lake that you can almost never swim in because it is too damn cold. And possibly full of turds.

Two things make you a Wisconsite: immunity to cold and getting pissed off at FIBs.

Lake Michigan is usually a scorching 60-65° (around 16° for anyone not using archaic means of measuring average kinetic energy). That's plenty warm. That's shorts and t-shirt temperatures. Of course, you don't swim at Bradford beach because it's a cesspool. You've got to go to less polluted places like Door County or the UP.

President Rex on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Two things make you a Wisconsite: immunity to cold and getting pissed off at FIBs.
    You left out the cheese hats.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm from a small ass town in Ohio, so these are far from impressive.

Here's a shot of uptown, including the theater that has been closed for a decade or so.
    Downtown%20Wellston.jpg

An old Iron mill outside of town.
    bf97.jpg

The Catholic church. Also the private school I attended until high school.
    336_Sts_Peter_Paul_Wellston_church_home.jpg

The only real employer in the town is a factory where they make and package these:
    M_IMAGE.11432118fbd.93.88.fa.d0.1caab86c0.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that it's the sole source of those cardboard flavored things.

Now, I live in Athens, Ohio, which is much more aesthetically pleasing and the home to Ohio University.

Here's a nice overhead shot of the city and university:
    1391180786_c01f93e1bc.jpg

Uptown:
    athens_oh_12.jpg

It's home to a fairly famous (probably just in mid and southern Ohio) block party every year for Halloween featuring much debauchery.
    OhioU3blocksFromStreet.jpg

Some more shots of the school:
    3646284-cgThe_Ohio_University_main_bricked_walk_wayc-Athens.jpg
    4thfloor-snowy.jpg?w=300&h=199

Google Earth's take on the town:
    File?id=dfrj55h8_1165tmfk83gt_b

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My little town of Windsor, VT. Home of around 3500 residents. There's no industry since the tire plant closed years ago (which is right across the road from our apartment), few jobs, and hey, few people. But it's kinda nice...

It's also the birthplace of Vermont, here, specifically:
    cfiles8666.jpg

This is the old mill, where they made some pretty big (as I recall from our visit last year) advances in firearm technology.
    vtmills.jpg

And this is the bridge across the Connecticut River to Cornish, NH, where J.D. Salinger lived out the end of his life.
    Yes, the sign says "walk your horses or pay two dollars fine." :lol:
    WinsdorCoveredBridge.jpg

That's really it. We're boring, but we're quiet.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm from Newton Centre, Newton, MA:
    768px-1897_Newton_Centre%2C_Massachusetts_bird%27s_eye_view.jpg
    maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&sll=42.334502,-71.19441&sspn=0.032993,0.077162&ie=UTF8&ll=42.335073,-71.194582&spn=0.032993,0.077162&t=e&z=14&ecpose=42.30012691,-71.19458198,3934.79,0,44.965,0

This is my high school:
    800px-Old_Newton_North_High_School.JPG
    This is a 2009 picture the building they're replacing my high school with. It opens this September:
    800px-New_Newton_North_High_School_Construction.JPG

This is our library:
    newton-library-photo.jpg

These are the statues next to my library:
    eeyore.jpg
    448px-Girl_Statue_at_Library.JPG

This is Bullough's Pond, which legend says was named after a criminal who used the area as a hide-out:
    pond.jpg

This is norumbega tower, which was built by Vikings in 1000ce.
    3536816474_0423f8be6e.jpg

This is norumbega park:
    maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=norumbega+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=norumbega+park&cid=0,0,16717776287492074702&ei=xsn9S-HtJ4GC8gbnu-y9Cw&ved=0CBsQnwIwAA&hnear=&ll=42.347992,-71.256306&spn=0.002062,0.004823&t=f&z=18&ecpose=42.34457943,-71.256306,267.42,0,56.889,0

It used to be a pretty big deal, as it had one of the most popular ballrooms in America during the swing era and used to be Boston's premier spot for swimming and canoeing.
    Norumbegapark_canoe.jpg
    Totempole_ballroom.gif

We have a really tall tower:
    0010-sm.jpg

And this one village (Newton Centre is one of seven villages of Newton) has three colleges alone:
    7-7579.jpgbd2.jpgabout.jpg

There's more, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Behold...Ft.McMurray, AB, Canada. I bring you: Hell On Earth.
    294884254_0f7f3991aa.jpg

Syncrude!
    syncrude_plant.jpg

And our impact on the world!
    ba_ft_mcmurray751_ward.jpg

tailings_pond_north_of_fort_mcmurray.jpg

2633585.bin?size=620x400

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada. About 15 minutes from the previously posted Kitchener/Waterloo.

We'll start with probably the most impressive building in the city, Church of Our Lady.

Next we have the University of Guelph, a horribly hippie infested place. But still an awesome school, and home to (I believe) the largest residence building in North America.
    old_jeremiah_at_university_of_guelph_nov_18.jpg
    This is Old Jeremiah, our cannon. It's tradition on campus to paint the cannon. It gets painted by a different group of people every single night.
    UoGuelph.gif
    This is one of our residence halls. Not the big one. I can't find an adequate picture of that.

The (clearly bustling) downtown area. And our fountain.
    guelph.jpg

The house of the most famous person who lived here, John McCrae. He wrote the poem In Flanders Fields and I'm distantly related to him through marriage.
    mccrae-house.jpg

It's actually a bigger city than it seems. Just kinda generic.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    You left out the cheese hats.

And the alcoholism.

I can deal with cold air, cold snow, cold wind, etc. But jumping into a 65 degree lake and calling it a good time? Fuck that, and I've lived here for why whole life.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Astns wrote: »
    More London!

Lived here five years now & loving it.

Pics from the net because I am an incompetent photographer.
    london12.jpg
    Financial District
    london9.jpg
    River Thames
    Hyde_Park_from_the_air.jpg
    Hyde Park
    specialreports_2edb.london-canary-wharf.jpg
    Canary Wharf
    Parliament_Square_2005.jpg
    Parliament Square

I love only being 2 hours away on a train from London, it's one of those places that's just got a buzz. I remember Ricky Gervais was saying that people in London and New York have more in common than with people from their own countrys who live in small towns. They are truly global citys.

That said I would only want to live their if I was rich and didn't have to work, cos fuck the tube at rush hour! D:

Venkman90 on