As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Everyone loves Chun-li.

1565758596062»

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I'm going to mention this here again in case anyone who's interested didn't see it the first time.

I'm looking for other people who would like to play at a pretty novice level in a super casual sort of way. I realize that I'm never going to be as good as many of the PA folks (nor do I really have the dedication to do so) so I'd like people who are just looking to play pretty casually with a variety of characters. If that sounds like something you're interested in send me a message here or just a friend request and we can start building a pool of like-minded people.

I'm still up to play teaching games, like I said many posts ago. The offer still stands.

I know, but I'm honestly not really looking to "work" on any characters in any serious way, just play at sort of a basic level with a huge variety of characters and enjoy myself doing so. Any learning that goes on will be accidental, very likely.

I mean, I appreciate the offer and all, but there's probably a decent number of people who are far more motivated to learn than I am that would benefit more from it. I mean, if you want someone to play your worst characters against and have a great chance at winning I'm probably a good candidate :)

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If anyone wants to learn this game, I at least am also available for teaching sessions a lot of the time. Also, feel free to hop in irc and ask questions. We had a guy jump in for a few days last week, and we explained the difference between a lot of things for him and I even opened a lobby so I could demonstrate some things for him.

IRC is definitely the best place to start if you want to learn. You can ask questions and get feedback in real time, and ask people for lobbies. Don't worry about the skill difference, we'll take it slow, and you get better playing better people too.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    also

PAD PLAYERS REPRESENTTT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuhRyZIIXjc

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also fun games earlier guys.
    Yeah GGs in the lobby tonight.

Those of you on PSN who've played my Blanka know that I goose up Ultra1 a LOT, so I finally decided to go into training more and practice it. :oops: While doing so, I tried hop forward ultra and didn't find it hard, so watch out for ambiguous crossup ultra shenanigans! Of course for most character matchups Ultra2 is the better choice now....

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I need to not use ULT 2. I have a bad habit of wanting to trick someone into jumping into it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've done that successfully with Sakura way too many times. :\

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay, op fairly updated right now. Cut out sections we in the irc agreed were a little old or shitty, then condensed some sections, modified or removed others. I think it's pretty good right now. The character select doesn't work, but neither does eventhubs (which is what it links to).

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    also

PAD PLAYERS REPRESENTTT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuhRyZIIXjc

I was actually rooting for WolfKrone since he played so well at MWC, but if he was going to go down to someone, may as well have been a pad player.

Well, JWong put him into loser, but ya know.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've done that successfully with Sakura way too many times. :\
    It might be the best feeling. Although I hate when it just barely misses them.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think the worst thing is that I can tell the other lpayer is like, "They aren't seriously trying to chip me to death with that Ultra are they? *jump* MOTHERFU
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

Yup, I did that.

cr.MK wins matches though for serious. Poke poke poke, EX TATSU RESET WOOOO!!!!!

People can't handle this.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hey question from a noobie, what does "reset" mean in the SF context?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

You ever notice how sometimes you can hit a person in the air and they do that little flip thing and land on their feet instead of on their backs?

That is a reset.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think the worst thing is that I can tell the other lpayer is like, "They aren't seriously trying to chip me to death with that Ultra are they? *jump* MOTHERFU
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

Yup, I did that.

cr.MK wins matches though for serious. Poke poke poke, EX TATSU RESET WOOOO!!!!!

People can't handle this.

I have been fooling around with ex tatsu over fireballs

it is kind of hilarious.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You ever notice how sometimes you can hit a person in the air and they do that little flip thing and land on their feet instead of on their backs?

That is a reset.
    Hmm. And what are the advantages/disadvantages of that?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Did anyone else watch the stream of the "8 on the break" from New Jersey? A Rose player won first place so... take hart Rose players? Also an Abel who really knows how to bring pressure is terrifying.

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That is a reset.

1. Surprises them because they were expecting a knockdown and end up landing on their feet (and thus should be blocking or something) <-- This isn't really happening to people who know the game
    2. They are forced to block (low or high) or do a motion - with some resets you can also dash under them or something so they not only have to block low/high but also have to guess which side you will be on)
    3. Allows you to start another combo (scaling free) because it isn't really a combo, but if they guess wrong you can continue beating on them and throw them into another reset (character dependent, mostly talking about sakura atm)
    4. It's neato.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That is a reset.

It's the only way to play.

well. for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzzs6H9Xhf8

So basically it puts the other player in a position where the game becomes rock, paper scissors.

They have to guess what i'll do after the reset or they eat another combo that usually ends in. . yup a reset.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Guys guys I just got some hate mail!

It seems that I am a -and I quote- "turtling fag". Interesting! Apparently thats the way to be because I sure whipped his Ken playing ass. 8-)

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Innnnteresting.

Man there's so much lingo I have to learn.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dammit Stig, where were you an hour earlier?!
    Sorry man, had to jet :(

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Still no Inthul/Sandford match.

It must be intentional at this point.

Hell, the crowd reactions for the match are up.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Whoever makes the new OP please put something about the PS3 ranbat in the title. Tell people to send me a PM with their PSN if they are interested. that'd be super great.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kelor wrote: »

His match with Arturo was way more satisfying to watch though, since Arturo was playing a very annoying to watch runaway Seth. I get that you have to play to win, but holy crap there are some kinds of play that seem so lame in practice that they shouldn't be encouraged.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Meh, there's money on the line. If I had a chance to win $3000 or whatever, you bet I'd be down-backing it with my Rog if I got a sizable lead.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kelor wrote: »

His match with Arturo was way more satisfying to watch though, since Arturo was playing a very annoying to watch runaway Seth. I get that you have to play to win, but holy crap there are some kinds of play that seem so lame in practice that they shouldn't be encouraged.

For the most part every Seth player I have ever met/seen is kind of a douche.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That match is also not up yet.

I'm looking forward to it, but I was working while the stream was on so I missed it.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So had a lovely series of messages with a wonderful gent on SSFIV last night.

Hadn't played in a long-ass time, so just decided to do Random Online to build up my colours and Taunts to get myself some trophies. Get Adon a couple of times, which is alright although I suck out loud with him, and Gouken who I actually play alot but I'm totally out of swing with him due to playing Ibuki so much.

Played this guys twice in which he beat me both times, although the matches were very close. Oh well, thinks I and I just continue on my merry way.

Not for him apparently, because a few seconds later I recieve a lovely message.
    u suck lol

So I think, ho ho, a bit of shit-talking, alright then I'll bite, so I reply with
    So does your Mum, but I won't hold that against her ;)

I thought that would be the end of it, both of us having asserted our digital-boners through the medium of PSN Personal Messages. No, he chose to continue.
    Getting Mums evolved sad, cry-baby!

Eegad, thinks I, Evolving matriarchs is a capital offence where I come from, but I suspect that isn't what he means, so I point it
    I think you mean 'involved' dude. And I'm just randoming for Trophies, would give your troll-ass a better game as my main ;)

He then gets back to me with the biggest (and horrifically spelled) tirade involving the fact that I should LTP, that I was utterly shit, and that I should concentrate on Street Fighter as opposed to writing essays.

I can has a sad :( lol

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I had one guy call me a cheating bitch because he spent two entire rounds jumping at me.

So I sat there and only used Balrog's c.HP to see what he did. I never pressed another button the entire game apart from moving slightly to space the attack right.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    kidbakudankidbakudan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I get hate mail all the time. People who think i am a turtle because I play a charge character. People who bitch because they can't deal with Izuna drops. And of course, people who call me a fag because I main Vega. My general response is "If I played as badly as you, I'd want people to forget me. Not send them QQ e-mails about why I suck"

kidbakudan on
    kidbakudan.gif
  • Options
    HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I dont know how much one should trust twitter rumours from annyone, but acording to this:http://twitter.com/gootecks/status/14698548635 there MIGHT be DLC characters for super sometime. I dont know how reliable gootecks are with rumours, if hes ever talked about rumours before. But i KNOW i read somewhere that Ono said that DLC characters was possible to do due to the way super was developed(or something like that). i would guess if they were to add characters they would probably be Rolento(i think they were working on him?) and Elena(since she was so high on their list).

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hate Vega

So much

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oro Q and Poison, obviously.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Hugo seems quite likely (him already being in the game technically) :p

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If developer interest plays a part R. Minka and Rolento are on lock and I would assume 3 new characters would be likely so I would say Elena is 3. I'd rather we get 1 new 1 alpha and 1 3 character personally though. My 3 character choice doesn't have a prayer of making it either :( I would pick Necro.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seanron wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Hugo seems quite likely (him already being in the game technically) :p

I'm highly doubtful that there will be character DLC. Either way, I think the game has enough big scary grapplers. I wouldn't mind some slightly less big not quite as scary grapplers though (Alex). But anything that doesn't involve Rolento is auto-fail.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You know, I keep hearing about people wanting elena but I could not remember a single person, pro or casual, who actually uses elena.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ChaosHat on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    chick - clothes = want.

Seems simple enough. :P
    I don't really get why people like her so much either. I was never a fan of that character

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1