As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Too Human. A game for the XBox 360. Lots of large screenshots. Discuss.

2»

• Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aegies wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »
    that is awful, awful boxart right there

Once you see the cover art for The Darkness, all other cover art becomes beautiful by virtue of not being The Darkness cover art. And goddamn that game is looking amazing.

Where can I see it?

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mattie wrote: »
    Aegies wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »
    that is awful, awful boxart right there

Once you see the cover art for The Darkness, all other cover art becomes beautiful by virtue of not being The Darkness cover art. And goddamn that game is looking amazing.

Where can I see it?
    From Amazon.com
    51eIJ3cMxcL._SS500_.jpg

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hate it when they cross guns like that. I just want to punch a baby or something.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shadowruns cover art is much worse, I kind of like the Darkness.

shadowrunboxreleaseds9.jpg

Accualt on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Shadowrun cover feels like a throwback to the kind of game covers they used to have in the 80's.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    :shock:

If I had money, this would be the game that would prompt me to get a 360 - RPG elements, directional attacking, branching skills, downloadable content and it's all set in a world that I'm studying for my degree. It's like my waking thoughts have been blended into a smoothie and poured over ice cubes of awesome.

The fact that there are melee weapons that are as well thought-out as the firearms pleases me - I could see myself going the purist Viking route and just going to town with an axe.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    The Shadowrun cover feels like a throwback to the kind of game covers they used to have in the 80's.

No those were all awesome^2 .... Every last one of them!

DesertBox on
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Mass Effect cover aint so good either.

Which is ironic because that is my GOTY runner in like 8 different internet GOTY bets.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited April 2007
    the norse sold out and became christians

i wonder if halfway through the game the storyline will suddenly stop and jesus will come along

i should write for silicon knights

bongi on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The thing that I'm most looking forward to is the whole Nietzschan question of whether it is better to be a man or to give up yourself and become powerful (Nietzsche, and I imagine at least one major figure in this game, will hold that it is better to be human).

I wonder if Richard Doyle is voicing anyone. Anybody know?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Game covers lately just seem to have gotten really weak. They either feature some random beefy dude doing random beefy dude action stunts and a bunch of random people milling around... or generic scifi looking stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love scifi, but come on.

I even prefer covers that are really simple, like JUST the characteristic logo, though that often only works for special editions and sequels. Seriously, though... I am not going to be impressed by Mr. Badass on the cover any more. Give me something that indicates the actual gameplay or at least setting.

Edit: Relating this to Too Human, at least there is ONLY Mr. Beefy there, and not a lot of bystanders. The runes let you know it's something... involving runes. I'm pretty sure that the cold looking mounts indicate some frigid settings... still... not doing it for me. Oh, and the overuse of the color blue lets you know it's a scifi game. Seriously... I know blue is a good "technology" color, because it doesn't come up much, but let's try green for a bit, or maybe even some rich purple.

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    Dinosaur_NeilDinosaur_Neil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i think that main character is a little TOO bad ass for me to want to play as, at least that's my impression

Dinosaur_Neil on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    To be fair Houk, you wouldn't be so tired of mythology if you didn't translate JRPGs for a living.
    late, but man i wish more of our games had norse mythology. strangely, none of the games ive worked on have really been rooted in any sort of mythology.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i think that main character is a little TOO bad ass for me to want to play as, at least that's my impression

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Maybe he prefers the androgynous emo JRPG main character style. Where you know the only way to go is up. If you start out as a super badass, you might worry that you won't be a good enough player to really reach the full potential of the game.

Edit: For the record, I expect he's being sarcastic, and I'm running with it a bit. Not to be taken seriously.

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    kind of off topic. Me and a mate were in gamestation the other day, and we spent 10 minutes taking the piss out of master system box art.

hahahah, a head under his arm!

LewieP on
  • Options
    MetalfootMetalfoot Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    schmads wrote: »

Maybe he prefers the androgynous emo JRPG main character style. Where you know the only way to go is up. If you start out as a super badass, you might worry that you won't be a good enough player to really reach the full potential of the game.

Edit: For the record, I expect he's being sarcastic, and I'm running with it a bit. Not to be taken seriously.

Well, you know I don't like playing as people who are immediately and completely better then me at EVERYTHING.

Explains why i didn't like GoW, or FFX, or really ANY video game.

Metalfoot on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    its actually kind of interesting how those two stereotypes appear in a huuuge number of games. the effeminate pretty-boy on one side and the surly badass on the other. a very good portion of big games coming out these days is limited to that, and it really kinda sucks.

HL2 is a glorious escape from those equally lame stereotypes.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    its actually kind of interesting how those two stereotypes appear in a huuuge number of games. the effeminate pretty-boy on one side and the surly badass on the other. a very good portion of big games coming out these days is limited to that, and it really kinda sucks.

HL2 is a glorious escape from those equally lame stereotypes.

Heh. Just because he is a scientist doesn't mean he isn't a badass. He is a quiet (silent, actually) killing machine for 90% of the game. That sounds like the stereotypical badass to me.

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    oh he's definitely badass. he's just not the brooding musclebound semi-neanderthal ive come to expect. i mean, he kicks ass with a crowbar. you gotta respect that.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He really used his degree to effective measures.

Metalfoot on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Barney wrote:
    I can see that MIT degree really pays for itself

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    oh he's definitely badass. he's just not the brooding musclebound semi-neanderthal ive come to expect. i mean, he kicks ass with a crowbar. you gotta respect that.

He's got a PhD in Theoretical Physics, for god's sake!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This conversation might quickly turn to video game characters I'm gay for, lemme get that out of the way so we can get back to talking about Too Human. (Gordan Freeman, Auron, The Prince of Persia)

So, norse mythology huh? Does that mean Ragnorak? THE END DAYS?

Metalfoot on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It wouldn't be Norse mythology with a giant battle royale at the end of days, so I think that Ragnarok is pretty much assured.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, the whole thing about Ragnarok is that it's supposed to herald Baldur coming back from the dead - if he's a cyborg then in all likelihood that's already happened (hinted at in one of the IGN interviews), so I'm not sure where Ragnarok would fit into the whole thing.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Well, the whole thing about Ragnarok is that it's supposed to herald Baldur coming back from the dead - if he's a cyborg then in all likelihood that's already happened (hinted at in one of the IGN interviews), so I'm not sure where Ragnarok would fit into the whole thing.
    im telling you. end boss. mistletoe. bank on it.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Those runes just make the box look childish.

"I'll translate what I have to say by replacing the letters with these runes, no one will be able to read it but it'll still be dead-obvious that I replaced the letters with runes."

Ugh.

Apparently it also hasn't occured to the "writer" that when runes were used, there were no spaces inbetween the characters.

EDIT: It's like when people put chinese characters on everything just because they look cool and mysterious. It's insulting really.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The IGN interview indicates that that's already happened - that, in fact, it is is the impetus for Baldur getting all his cyborg parts.

And who the hell do you think he's going to fight? His blind-ass brother? Loki? Not happening. They're going to have to take this in another direction.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I watched the videos and I didn't think the gameplay looked very interesting. Although I must say I really dig the concept. It's like Space Marines in Valhalla. I'm very well-versed in norse mythology since I'm from Scandinavia, though, so I can probably assume how it's gonna end.

Still, I'll probably like it on that basis alone. And since it's Silicon Knights you know the game is going to have incredible voice acting.

Edit: OH WELL at the post above me. Guess I have something to look forward to then! :D

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ooh, already happened, that makes sense!

So this main character would be the representation of the... one guy who was supposed to have survived? Lif or something.

Metalfoot on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Metalfoot wrote: »

So this main character would be the representation of the... one guy who was supposed to have survived? Lif or something.

You play as Baldur in Too Human.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Metalfoot wrote: »

You play as Baldur in Too Human.

yes it says that right in the OP.

Metalfoot on
  • Options
    AegiesAegies Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »
    im telling you. end boss. mistletoe. bank on it.

My prediction: Baldur (the player) will be betrayed and killed near the end of the second game, and the third is Ragnarok.

Aegies on
    eat. sleep. game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm telling you people, Baldur's "death" is a marker for the beginning of the game. You just watch and see.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png