Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [Chat] keeps spinning

The Nameless OneThe Nameless One Registered User
edited April 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Hi gang!

Well, our dnb/breaks night on the 24th was a HUGE fucking success! :D Two rooms of love and both stayed packed (dnb moreso) all night...it filled up right in the middle of my set (I opened at 10pm) and didn't calm down.

Had a few technical difficulties as the mixer was soooooooooo much more complicated than what I'm used to; it was like looking at a space shuttle control panel...all knobs and doohickeys! And the cross fader was set up weird so the tunes kept losing volume in the mix...bah! Oh, and I couldn't see the pitch sliders at all cos it was so dark and I wasn't used to the decks...it was doing my head in! All's well that ends well, though...really happy with my set even though I stuffed up a couple of drops! By all accounts, though, I smashed it...had loads of randoms come up afterwards to give me props, what a buzz!

One sad thing was that I couldn't record it as the sound guys needed the extra output to go to an extra amp they'd brought in to boost the sound with a couple of extra subs and the amp didn't take RCA in so I couldn't piggyback through that. *But* I'm going to try and get the time to record it at home this weekend, so I'll let y'all have the link when it's done :^:

Here's a few pics...note the concentration, I was quietly SHITTING myself up there! :wink:

me1.jpg
me2.jpg
idub.jpg
idubagain.jpg

The Nameless One on

• Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Jesus Christ. Why does Elks keep locking chat's at page 52?

Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • The Nameless OneThe Nameless One Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Awww, my vewwy own chat thwead! <3

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »

tea-1.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »

He is too slow for 42.

freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Huargh. Man, that chocolate cake I ate (and not much else for the entire evening) really didn't agree with my stomach.

Let's just say that it came out the other end in pretty much the same form as it went in.

Is it reusable?

Sorry, already flushed.

Repeatedly.

• Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I had one too. There were lots of fun things on the first page.

Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    What major Canadian battles are there?
    In WW 1 & 2?

In WW 1: Vimy Ridge, and a number of battles on the western front (following Somme, German troops were terrified to face Canadian "Shock Troopers"), St. Lucia.

In WW 2: some involvement in the battle of Britain and the battle of the Atlantic, Dieppe, the Juno Beach part of the Normandy invasion, Scheldt, the battles along the Rhine, the invasion of Sicilly.

There's some other stuff I'm forgetting

Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I demand that the store beam my 360 over here right this second! It's been hours since I placed the order!

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Weren't we to first ones to reach Sicilly and had to wait for the americans to come before celebrating or something. I remember hearing one of my teachers say something about that.

NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • The Nameless OneThe Nameless One Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Gotsta get back to work, guys...much love to y'all, I'll try and pop in laterz!

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    In WW 1 & 2?

In WW 1: Vimy Ridge, and a number of battles on the western front (following Somme, German troops were terrified to face Canadian "Shock Troopers"), St. Lucia.

In WW 2: some involvement in the battle of Britain and the battle of the Atlantic, Dieppe, the Juno Beach part of the Normandy invasion, Scheldt, the battles along the Rhine, the invasion of Sicilly.

If I may add, the soldiers at Juno Beach suffered a casualty rate around 50%, that's the second highest rate under Omaha, during the assault, and had gotten further than any of the other divisions that landed.

• WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ya, seriously moniker, we kicked a ton of ass in WW I and II. We were also on time.

08owef8ecd0o.jpg

• IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We just let you get there first so you could have some pancakes and maple syrup ready for us.

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2007
    The only thing that interests me about Canadian military history is that my Polish grandfather was able to leave Europe after World War 1 because he defected from the Polish military and joined a Canadian mercenary unit. He and his wife got brought over the puddle in the aftermath, and that was that.

Also, apparently, all of his three brothers were Jewish horse thieves who were later caught and hung for being horse thieves-- that's the explanation given me for why my family turned away from its Judaic roots for the most part. They died-- as three horse thieves. ?_?

words
    edited April 2007
    Weren't we to first ones to reach Sicilly and had to wait for the americans to come before celebrating or something. I remember hearing one of my teachers say something about that.

On the beach or at Messina? Because Patton won Messina.

tea-1.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Jameserson wrote: »
    In WW 1 & 2?

If I may add, the soldiers at Juno Beach suffered a casualty rate around 50%, that's the second highest rate under Omaha, during the assault, and had gotten further than any of the other divisions that landed.
    It was 50% in the first hour, actually. Juno was the second most fortified invasion site, Omaha being the first.

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2007
    Oh, and I'm leaving to play LotR:O, but let me leave with this since it seems popular at the moment--

When we arrive, sons and daughters
    We'll make our homes, on the water
    We'll build our walls, aluminum
    We'll fill our mouths, with cinnamon now
    :whistle:

(Night [chat].)

words
    edited April 2007

On the beach or at Messina? Because Patton won Messina.

Messina was the US landing point. I think he's thinking of the British troops. They landed at Syracuse, where there was no real opposition.

Edit: The Winter Line campaign in Italy was one of the major ones I knew I was forgetting.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    52 pages? Elk, you've gone too far.

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Didn't Canada also liberate Holland?

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yet another [chat]? Man, what's going on here? Are we doing daily [chat] threads or something?

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited April 2007

That's the Scheldt campaign, yeah. Some places in Belgium and the Netherlands will still treat you like royalty if they find out you're Canadian

edited April 2007

Yes. That was all part of D-Day and it's aftermath.

edited April 2007

That's the Scheldt campaign, yeah. Some places in Belgium and the Netherlands will still treat you like royalty if they find out you're Canadian

Free beer!

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Free beer!

Totally.

Wearing a Canadian flag on your backpack will get you some nice treatment in some places. Apparently Americans will occasionally wear a Canadian flag so they don't get accosted.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Free beer!

Totally.

Wearing a Canadian flag on your backpack will get you some nice treatment in some places. Apparently Americans will occasionally wear a Canadian flag so they don't get accosted.

unless of course theres some major international hockey event going on, then you'll get destroyed

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Fighting the War on String Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    nooooo

my chat! my chat what have you done, elk!? what have you donnnnneeee

75trafim7bi2.png
    edited April 2007
    Totally.

Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me. They pretend to be Canadians, but act like regular, arrogant, self-righteous Americans, and give our nation a bad name. I hate that.

That, and Mossad agents using fake Canadian passports.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Totally.

Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me. They pretend to be Canadians, but act like regular, arrogant, self-righteous Americans, and give our nation a bad name. I hate that.

Americans are far worse right?

edited April 2007
    Totally.

Stereotype much?

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy Fighting the War on String Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I am regular, arrogant, and self-righteous.

but oh wait i'm australian

75trafim7bi2.png
    edited April 2007
    *ahem*

OH CANADA!

edited April 2007
    Totally.

That's funny, because the only assholes I had met during that month in Europe (except this one drunk German guy) had Canadian apparell.

I'm pretty sure they weren't playing pretend, though.

tea-1.jpg
  • WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Totally.

Stereotype much?

It's only alright when us actual Canadians act arrogant and self-righteous.

08owef8ecd0o.jpg

edited April 2007
    *ahem*

OH CANADA!

More like, "Eh. Canada?"

Viva Quebec!

edited April 2007

You're Australian?

edited April 2007

I don't discriminate. If you pretend to be Canadian and give us a bad name, I'll hate you for it too.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited April 2007

You're Australian?

Australia is pretty much "America with Boomerangs"

edited April 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    *ahem*

OH CANADA!

More like, "Eh. Canada?"

Viva Quebec!

The funny thing is that if you translate the anthem from French to English it's an entirely different song.

• ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    nooooo

my chat! my chat what have you done, elk!? what have you donnnnneeee

I'm pro-random.

This discussion has been closed.