As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where you live sucks, too.

• Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Stockholm - fucking stupid residence politics. You can't get shacked up to save your life, unless you have contacts or wait forever in queues.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Baltimore had ten murders this weekend.

There's basically a 100% chance that you will be murdered if you live there.

edit: We also just ditched the mayor for corruption, and the city is broke and canceling services as quick as possible. It would be tougher to come up with good things.

I'd say the only good thing about Baltimore is "The Wire"... which wouldn't exist if Baltimore wasn't so shitty.

I live in DC. The Metro.

That is all.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Lately I've been getting frustrated at the amount of regional sniping that's been going on in D&D that's based on stereotypes or political events. To help people remember that every place sucks for some reason or another, I'm asking everyone to comment on (at least) one thing that sucks about the city or state/province that they live in.

I'll begin: In Georgia, there are no alcohol sales on Sunday...except in bars and restaurants. This means that the state believes that it is better for me to drink at a bar and then drive home than to be able to buy a 6-pack at the store and drink at home. Polling shows an overwhelming majority in favor of allowing Sunday sales, but a strange coalition of Evangelicals, bar owners, and (wait for it...) liquor store owners (who don't feel like paying their employees 7 days/week) have managed to convince the Legislature and Governor that the apocalypse will come to Georgia if stores are allowed to sell alcohol on Sunday.

Now it's your turn - what sucks about where you live?

I'll do your "can't sell alcohol on Sundays" and raise you "I live in a dry county". This means you can ONLY buy alcohol in bars (of which there seem to be plenty) or just over the county line every day of the week.

Also, I live in East Texas. Tyler, to be specific. I don't think I need to say anything further but Henroid will probably stop by to do so.

EDIT: Actually, I will say this. Tyler is a leading retirement area and, at the same time, has a growing college community. And traffic sucks.

I escaped the hell that is Tyler 12 years ago and never looked back. I feel sorry for you and Henroid.

Tallahassee's main failing is that it's in the Florida panhandle, which means its surrounded by ignorance and stupidity that manages to trickle in with annoying regularity.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MadnessBA wrote: »
    Goose Creek SC. 30 minutes outside Charleston. I hate this place more than any place I have ever been. There is almost nothing to do. Charleston's nightlife is terrible and don't let anybody ever try and convince you otherwise. Also, I live in a swamp. Fuck that.

Edit: To give you an example of how much I hate this place I enjoyed living in Phoenix more.

Back when I lived in Rock Hill, SC I visited Charleston about once or twice a year (had ex in-laws there). This man speaks the truth. Much like the rest of the Carolinas, they roll up the streets and close the city down once the sun sets.

My own city? Greenville, NC - Love it but man do we need a better job market, DVDs/music selection (I buy most online now) and traffic is a bitch because there's a rail line that goes through the heart of town during the middle of the day, EVERY day.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Domhnall wrote: »
    Western Isles of Scotland. There's pretty much nothing to do here 9 months of the year and it's a bitch to get around but those three months of drinking in the summer are so, so good.

I went that way one summer for a week. Amazing looking place at at that time of the year but I can only imagine what it must be like in the winter. Plus there didn't seem to be a lot in the way of work, according to the locals. It seemed everyone I spoke to had 3 or 4 jobs on the go to make a living.

Kinda glad my family emgirated from there back in the 19th century!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I live in portland.

It rains a lot here I guess.

Other than that (and the crappy job market) I'm pretty happy with it.

Liquor stores also aren't open on sunday here, but if you really need to go to a liquor store on sunday you are either a drunk or a college student or both, and either way I'm not too fussed that you can't buy a bottle of HRD.

I live about 8 blocks from a liquor store that stays open on Sundays. I'm pretty sure the one on 42nd and Sandy stays open on Sundays too.

Portland has quite a few problems. The employment situation is pretty fuckin horrific, and yet because of the culture of the city, and the attention showered on it by more than a few major magazines and newspapers, people keep moving here. It's a great place to be unemployed, I guess, but it's not helping the job hunting when the number of jobs stays scarce and the number of overqualified people hustling for them just keeps growing.

Also, the police force here is a magnet for terrible decisionmaking. It's quite disproportionate how many questionable police abuse incidents happen in the city with what seems like almost zero repercussion for the Police Bureau. City politics is also really incestuous, in that almost everybody running for office is friends of friends of people who are already in office, or have also run for office and now work in an office for someone else running for office.

We're shitty basketball fans, too, which blows because Basketball is basically the only major sport we have, although Major League Soccer just finally came to town. if you're looking for an analog to the early days of Blazermania, when Portland contained the best fans the NBA had ever seen, you gotta look there. Plus the whole "keep Portland Weird" thing sometimes feels pretty forced and contrived, especially when you realize the population of the city is mostly middle-class white folks. There's a fair amount of weirdos and do-it-yourselfers truly not giving a fuck about norms and doing things the way they wanna do em, but there are a LOT of weekend warriors playing dress up with their particular flavor of exhibitionism.

It's also pretty fuckin passive-aggressive. I believe there's been a couple articles about this in a few magazines as well: Direct confrontation is typically avoided (which is funny considering how many fake revolutionaries live here and protest at the drop of a hat) and problems are addressed via snarky, snotty post-it-note or, even more prevalent, twitter. So many people I follow do NOTHING but bitch about their co-workers or their friends or the person they're riding to work with in the car on twitter. They're sitting RIGHT NEXT TO THE PROBLEM but instead of directly addressing it they do some bullshit Chandler from Friends impersonation into their cellphone.

I wouldn't live anywhere else, though. Those problems are pretty minor in the face of the geek wonderland this city currently is.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario

There is no opportunity here if you don't want to work for the city, or some shitty minimum wage job. We have a film program at the college but no film industry in the city (and one guy, who I work for, trying to start it up. It, uh... well I won't say anything). Our media, in general, is terrible. If you don't like drinking, there's not a whole hell of a lot to do. All the young people are moving away, and once I get the money, I'm going with them. The city's main source of income, the lumber industry, is fucked. This place is dying.

On the plus side, we have lots of rocks and trees and lakes.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

edit: We also just ditched the mayor for corruption, and the city is broke and canceling services as quick as possible. It would be tougher to come up with good things.

I'd say the only good thing about Baltimore is "The Wire"... which wouldn't exist if Baltimore wasn't so shitty.

I live in DC. The Metro.

That is all.

What's wrong with the metro?

And The Wire is second in terms of hometown shows to "Homicide: Life on the Street," which was about exactly what it sounds like it's about.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Going to do this again for my hometown, Taichung, Taiwan.

Surprisingly good place to live, even if most of it is ugly as hell--basically, the only things that survived the Allied bombing were temples (some of them), but there are still a lot of post-war reconstruction buildings sitting around. The air is pretty polluted (automobiles), but allergy season is nonexistent. There are a few parks, but a lot of people would probably be appalled by the lack of green. Awesome public buildings, such as museums, shopping centers, schools, department stores, annexes, community centers, pools, theaters, etc. Perhaps the best thing is that everything is within walking distance--literally, everything. Owning a car is completely optional. Excellent mass transit, considering there's no metro. Driving is a pain in the ass though.

Also, probably safer than you'd be led to believe (despite the fact our violent crime rate, nationally, is way higher than that of Japan). Guns are pretty much nonexistent, for what that's worth--even the police rarely carry them. There are pretty much always people everywhere on the streets, so even in the middle of the night, someone couldn't really try and get the drop on you without prematurely alerting the other twelve people just sitting around in their apartments on folding chairs.

ISP was good too, at least when I was there. Lot of earthquakes though. We have an airport too.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kastanj wrote: »
    Stockholm - fucking stupid residence politics. You can't get shacked up to save your life, unless you have contacts or wait forever in queues.
    What are "residence policies?"

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Michigan.

4661328122_22d6f75916.jpg

enc0re on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Vancouver. Housing prices are insane.
    In Metro Vancouver, first-quarter sales of 11,468 units were down almost 26 per cent compared the last three months of 2009.

The average house price, according to Landcor, was up 1.6 per cent to $721,255 compared with the fourth quarter.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I live in DC. The Metro.

That is all.

What's wrong with the metro?

Besides killing a bunch of people in a crash last year, it's almost always partly broken, they use traincars that are in no safe condition (as evidenced by the crash), take an average of a month to fix each broken escalator, delay the trains daily, and just decided to make the largest fare increase in history to maintain their subpar service. Also they refuse to implement any sort of monthly pass - outside of daily/weekly passes for tourists, everyone has to pay-per-ride.

oh, another thing about DC - summers. Hot and humid as the Devil's toilet. That's what you get for building a swamp-city.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I'll do your "can't sell alcohol on Sundays" and raise you "I live in a dry county". This means you can ONLY buy alcohol in bars (of which there seem to be plenty) or just over the county line every day of the week.

Also, I live in East Texas. Tyler, to be specific. I don't think I need to say anything further but Henroid will probably stop by to do so.

EDIT: Actually, I will say this. Tyler is a leading retirement area and, at the same time, has a growing college community. And traffic sucks.

I escaped the hell that is Tyler 12 years ago and never looked back. I feel sorry for you and Henroid.

Tallahassee's main failing is that it's in the Florida panhandle, which means its surrounded by ignorance and stupidity that manages to trickle in with annoying regularity.

I actually escaped about 6 years ago. Then three years ago got sucked back in. Eventually I'm going to try and slide over to Austin.

During the three year period I wasn't in Tyler, I was in Normal, IL. I liked Normal. Good roads, good, friendly people. Poor job market if you don't want to work for State Farm, though, and they pissed me off.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    KrubicksCubeKrubicksCube Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Boulder, Colorado: Hippies and bongo circles

Falmouth, UK: English food. 'Nuff said.

There's always good and bad about any place you live in the world I think.

Exactly. That's the point I'm trying to make here :P

What can I say? I'm a master of the obvious >_>

KrubicksCube on
    What I'm Currently Nerding To:
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lately I've been getting frustrated at the amount of regional sniping that's been going on in D&D that's based on stereotypes or political events. To help people remember that every place sucks for some reason or another, I'm asking everyone to comment on (at least) one thing that sucks about the city or state/province that they live in.

I'll begin: In Georgia, there are no alcohol sales on Sunday...except in bars and restaurants. This means that the state believes that it is better for me to drink at a bar and then drive home than to be able to buy a 6-pack at the store and drink at home. Polling shows an overwhelming majority in favor of allowing Sunday sales, but a strange coalition of Evangelicals, bar owners, and (wait for it...) liquor store owners (who don't feel like paying their employees 7 days/week) have managed to convince the Legislature and Governor that the apocalypse will come to Georgia if stores are allowed to sell alcohol on Sunday.

Now it's your turn - what sucks about where you live?

Isn't this is a city-by-city thing? Despite being awful in every other way, Winder allows Sunday alcohol sales in stores.

To expand on Winder: I don't mind baseball fields and bars. I do mind those being the only recreation facilities in town.

MKR on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New Jersey: Drivers and property taxes.

Wait, no, more like this.
    PROPERTY TAXES

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Corvus wrote: »
    In Metro Vancouver, first-quarter sales of 11,468 units were down almost 26 per cent compared the last three months of 2009.

The average house price, according to Landcor, was up 1.6 per cent to $721,255 compared with the fourth quarter.

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, Amsterdam is great.

Julius on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

PROPERTY TAXES

venture westward, young soul.

or however that goes.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »

PROPERTY TAXES

venture westward, young soul.

or however that goes.

I wish I could. Seattle seemed pretty great when I was there a few weeks ago. But jobs, mortgage, family & friends, etc.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    JudgementJudgement Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I live in Kingwood, Texas.

Angry Drivers + Heat = ...God help us all.

Judgement on
    309151-1.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, and Colorado has terrible urban sprawl. When the Interstate is the primary way of getting from one part of town to another, you might have issues.

Lies. Please be to visiting of the Dallas/Fort Worth area (or many other large cities) where there is REAL urban sprawl. Hint the DFW area has the same population as the STATE of Colorado.

Honestly I can't think of anything sterotphically bad about Colorado except the evangelicals in Colorado Springs and the Hippies in Boulder. (I live in Boulder)

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I live in a tourist beach town in California, just south of San Francisco.

Jobs are impossible to find and the cheapest possible rent for a tiny hole in the wall in a house you share with 4-6 people is like $450 a month. From May till October, the tourists show up and all the roads are perpetually clogged with traffic.

Gets hot as fuck, too.

This, pretty much, except in Southern California. Also, I am surrounded by churches. There are 13 Mormon churches in my city! 13!

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Another (near) Columbus, Ohio. Actually about 15 minutes away from downtown thanks to the freeway with no speed limit. Okay, there is one, but no one bothers. It's debatable whether I live in Gahanna or Columbus. It all depends on which computer database you're looking at.

Not enough sidewalks. I live just a few miles from a grocery store and a few more to where I work. I couldn't walk to work if I wanted to however. And biking along the main road my work is on would be tantamount to suicide the way drivers treat bikers on that road.

Also, OSU football. This town goes insanely stupid about OSU football. Cars, dumpsters, couches, etc. end up on fire whether they win or lose. Also the whole "we" thing bothers me too. "We won". No, they won, you got drunk and watched.

Too many chain restaurants. Being a test market for food, we get loads of chain restaurants starting here, trying new things here. So we then get the (earned) reputation for being a fat unhealthy city. The same city that hosts the Arnold Fitness Classic.

Potholes. Learn to make streets out of better stuff.

Smaller music venues are killing the local music scene. Many are pay-to-play and others have gone to "covers only".

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Los Angeles: filthy, violent, expensive, horrible traffic, government on the verge of financial collapse, and hordes of phony front-running sports fans who spend all game texting.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Going to do this again for my hometown, Taichung, Taiwan.

Surprisingly good place to live, even if most of it is ugly as hell--basically, the only things that survived the Allied bombing were temples (some of them), but there are still a lot of post-war reconstruction buildings sitting around. The air is pretty polluted (automobiles), but allergy season is nonexistent. There are a few parks, but a lot of people would probably be appalled by the lack of green. Awesome public buildings, such as museums, shopping centers, schools, department stores, annexes, community centers, pools, theaters, etc. Perhaps the best thing is that everything is within walking distance--literally, everything. Owning a car is completely optional. Excellent mass transit, considering there's no metro. Driving is a pain in the ass though.

Also, probably safer than you'd be led to believe (despite the fact our violent crime rate, nationally, is way higher than that of Japan). Guns are pretty much nonexistent, for what that's worth--even the police rarely carry them. There are pretty much always people everywhere on the streets, so even in the middle of the night, someone couldn't really try and get the drop on you without prematurely alerting the other twelve people just sitting around in their apartments on folding chairs.

ISP was good too, at least when I was there. Lot of earthquakes though. We have an airport too.

Taichung also has some damned good food. My cousin took me around there the last time I was back in the homeland, and we ate ourselves silly.

I was going to make a half-hearted crack about New Jersey, but Yami already beat me to it. But hey, it's NJ, what more is there to say! :P

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Besides killing a bunch of people in a crash last year, it's almost always partly broken, they use traincars that are in no safe condition (as evidenced by the crash), take an average of a month to fix each broken escalator, delay the trains daily, and just decided to make the largest fare increase in history to maintain their subpar service. Also they refuse to implement any sort of monthly pass - outside of daily/weekly passes for tourists, everyone has to pay-per-ride.

oh, another thing about DC - summers. Hot and humid as the Devil's toilet. That's what you get for building a swamp-city.

While I like the Metro much more than you, I will agree on the summers. I spent a summer in Atlanta once, and everyone asked if I was used to the heat yet. I had to point out that being built on a drained swamp made DC just as unbearable.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ottawa is pretty cool. I have no problem with the city or anything in it.

Public transit could be a little better, but it's still better than other places I've been.

Asiina on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Stockholm facts #2: People do not ever speak to each other, unless you meet them at a location/activity where speaking to others is deemed okay.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

PROPERTY TAXES

New Jersey....

'nuff said.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    33kyjb8.jpg
    16i9s2s.gif
    2jakgli.jpg

Azio on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I guess I can't buy weed from the shop after 1 AM. And parking is quite expensive (though who needs a car with good public transport?)

Julius on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Alcohol monopoly only open at working hours.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Alcohol monopoly only open at working hours.

Whenever I visit those poor, poor states, I wonder how the founding fathers would respond to that one. I think we would have another revolution right there.

enc0re on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Corvus wrote: »

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/

The problem with that site is, the two categories are not mutually exclusive. :P

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    MoridinMoridin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    College Station, Texas

Trucks. Everywhere.

I don't believe that that many people actually need trucks. I don't think there exists enough shit to actually fit in the combined bed space of the trucks of college station.

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, and Colorado has terrible urban sprawl. When the Interstate is the primary way of getting from one part of town to another, you might have issues.

Lies. Please be to visiting of the Dallas/Fort Worth area (or many other large cities) where there is REAL urban sprawl. Hint the DFW area has the same population as the STATE of Colorado.

Honestly I can't think of anything sterotphically bad about Colorado except the evangelicals in Colorado Springs and the Hippies in Boulder. (I live in Boulder)

Yeah, the urban sprawl here isn't close to as bad as TX. But, he does live in CO. Springs which is much worse than Denver.

After having to commute a total of 2 hours a day, 4 days a week for 4 months. I've come to the conclusion that Colorado Drivers are godawful, I'm starting to think they're worse than Texas... there I said it.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I live in portland.

It rains a lot here I guess.

Other than that (and the crappy job market) I'm pretty happy with it.

Liquor stores also aren't open on sunday here, but if you really need to go to a liquor store on sunday you are either a drunk or a college student or both, and either way I'm not too fussed that you can't buy a bottle of HRD.

I live about 8 blocks from a liquor store that stays open on Sundays. I'm pretty sure the one on 42nd and Sandy stays open on Sundays too.

Portland has quite a few problems. The employment situation is pretty fuckin horrific, and yet because of the culture of the city, and the attention showered on it by more than a few major magazines and newspapers, people keep moving here. It's a great place to be unemployed, I guess, but it's not helping the job hunting when the number of jobs stays scarce and the number of overqualified people hustling for them just keeps growing.

Also, the police force here is a magnet for terrible decisionmaking. It's quite disproportionate how many questionable police abuse incidents happen in the city with what seems like almost zero repercussion for the Police Bureau. City politics is also really incestuous, in that almost everybody running for office is friends of friends of people who are already in office, or have also run for office and now work in an office for someone else running for office.

We're shitty basketball fans, too, which blows because Basketball is basically the only major sport we have, although Major League Soccer just finally came to town. if you're looking for an analog to the early days of Blazermania, when Portland contained the best fans the NBA had ever seen, you gotta look there. Plus the whole "keep Portland Weird" thing sometimes feels pretty forced and contrived, especially when you realize the population of the city is mostly middle-class white folks. There's a fair amount of weirdos and do-it-yourselfers truly not giving a fuck about norms and doing things the way they wanna do em, but there are a LOT of weekend warriors playing dress up with their particular flavor of exhibitionism.

It's also pretty fuckin passive-aggressive. I believe there's been a couple articles about this in a few magazines as well: Direct confrontation is typically avoided (which is funny considering how many fake revolutionaries live here and protest at the drop of a hat) and problems are addressed via snarky, snotty post-it-note or, even more prevalent, twitter. So many people I follow do NOTHING but bitch about their co-workers or their friends or the person they're riding to work with in the car on twitter. They're sitting RIGHT NEXT TO THE PROBLEM but instead of directly addressing it they do some bullshit Chandler from Friends impersonation into their cellphone.

I wouldn't live anywhere else, though. Those problems are pretty minor in the face of the geek wonderland this city currently is.

maybe a lot of the ones around me just close on sundays, then. I guess it's the one thing the OLCC isn't terribly fucking dumb about.

I don't agree that we're shitty basketball fans. I don't have much experience with other NBA cities, but portland is generally recognized as having good fans (I mean, remember the greg oden rally?)

Can't disagree about the police, but the whole incestuous-local-politics thing happens everywhere

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olympia, Washington: "Greeners," activists, protestors.

"Greener."

IMG_0792.jpg

Slider on