As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Alpha Protocol:The **** offspring of Ronald Reagan and an **** American Ninja !!!

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't blame people at all for not having a 360 pad for their PC; if there's anyone to blame, it's the AP devs for doing a shitty job of KBAM for the PC version. However, I play a ton of different games and whenever possible, I'd rather just use a pad for simple comfort.

As far as the story of AP in comparison to the Vampire:TM:BL game, I barely managed to tolerate all the annoying vampire bullshit in that game; I beat the game and just have no desire to ever go back. Ever. In contrast, AP pissed me off in a lot of ways but right after I beat it I was still taking a look at what I want to do for the next time I play. Vampire:TM was crammed with so much undead cliche I could only handle it in small chunks.

And comparing AP to KotoR II's story isn't a proper comparison at all. The KotoR games had tomes and tomes of Star Wars backstory to build off of without having to create any of that atmosphere on its own. On top of that, there was an entire first game with which KotoR II was able to use for story elements.

Personally, I really like that the story is pretty much just about Michael Thorton and how he navigates the perils of the intelligence community. It's all about the world being in peril and finding a way to handle that despite being able to go to nobody but a very small, very suspicious group of people with their own agendas. I mean, even after beating the game, I don't want to read any spoilers because I don't want to ruin some alternate choice results that I missed the first time.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So if I greatly enjoyed Deus Ex (mainly for the sneaking around, skill points and dialogue) and the first Mass Effect (for the conversation system and the character creation), will I love Alpha Protocol?

Cannon Goose on
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For all this game's flaws, it'll be a goddamn shame if someone else doesn't try to imitate the way Obsidian handled the branching storyline and the feeling of constant choices with consequences. This game's story system has so much to teach if someone will only listen.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So if I greatly enjoyed Deus Ex (mainly for the sneaking around, skill points and dialogue) and the first Mass Effect (for the conversation system and the character creation), will I love Alpha Protocol?

There is a pretty good chance.

Biggest thing you must do though, if you want to be decent in a firefight (and there will be some unavoidable ones) is unlearn all that you have learned about third person shooters, as you can't do the run-and-gun snap-aim stuff you normally get away with in other games (well, unless you got the right skill(s) activated, then you can get away with it some of the time.)

Also, don't try to depend on a weapon unless you put some ranks in it. Yes, only a couple of weapons get thier accuaccy increased with more ranks, but all weapons improve on the time, and in some cases, conditions, it takes to aim and fire a crit shot.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For all this game's flaws, it'll be a goddamn shame if someone else doesn't try to imitate the way Obsidian handled the branching storyline and the feeling of constant choices with consequences. This game's story system has so much to teach if someone will only listen.

True so hard. It's like the writers decided to come up with actual branching stories instead of binary options which don't really matter. Of course, knowing the game industry other devs will decide to emulate the terrible level design and sub-par AI rather than the actually great part of the game.

In more unfortunate news, I just started my first veteran run and all my dialogue options are now invisible. Yay! This may very well be the buggiest, glitchiest game I've ever enjoyed. It's like the game is actively beating me mercilessly even as I have fun.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game is so awesome. I finished Iraq yesterday, Russia today, and now I'm working on Taiwan. I'm playing Jackie Chan from The Tuxedo(hard Mode with the Rookie background). I've got points evenly split between Martial Arts and Toughness, with four ranks of gadgets(whichever one decreases healthkit cooldown).

Please tell me that there is tons more of this game left.

In more unfortunate news, I just started my first veteran run and all my dialogue options are now invisible. Yay! This may very well be the buggiest, glitchiest game I've ever enjoyed. It's like the game is actively beating me mercilessly even as I have fun.

I heard that you can fix that by doing a dxdiag and reducing your hardware acceleration in the video tab; I have mine on low still from trying to get Borderlands to work. The only bug I have is that sometimes when I die, my computer shuts down. Like, not a CTD, not a freeze, not a BSOD; just shuts down.

Carnarvon on
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    This game is so awesome. I finished Iraq yesterday, Russia today, and now I'm working on Taiwan. I'm playing Jackie Chan from The Tuxedo(hard Mode with the Rookie background). I've got points evenly split between Martial Arts and Toughness, with four ranks of gadgets(whichever one decreases healthkit cooldown).

Please tell me that there is tons more of this game left.

Especially by RPG standards, this game is short. Like, five hours to finish a playthrough. Before you get disappointed, realize that this is for two reasons.

The first is that in your game, there is no way you'll see more than a fraction of the total content in the game. The amount of stuff you have no idea about is mindblowing, believe me. There are entire plot threads you don't even know exist, and you never will, if not for reason 2.

Reason 2 is that by making the game short, you don't spend 80 hours playing and get burned out. You beat the game and can immediately jump back in with a brand new Thorton who does things totally different. And unlike in Mass Effect where it's the same stuff with a couple different lines of dialog, in this you will literally experience tons of things you had no idea were even possible in your last playthrough. Suddenly you're teaming up with people who were sworn enemies your last time through, and even discovering that people you trusted with your life the first time around aren't nearly as trustworthy as they seemed. And you had no idea.

So yeah, game owns, fuck the haters, not even kidding when I say more games should try to be like Alpha Protocol, this is what RPGs should be.

l337CrappyJack on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Beaten Saudi Arabia, Rome, and am halfway through Moscow. This game is easily on par with or superior to the first Mass Effect I'd say. Not the second, but definitely the first.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So awesome. I haven't used a lot of martial arts yet myself. My first run was stealth with pistol and now I'm doing shotgun with gadgets for backup.

Sure there's tons! Well... maybe two and a half tons. Disregarding replays to change everything there's still some left. You're probably more than halfway.

Nartwak on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nartwak wrote: »
    So awesome. I haven't used a lot of martial arts yet myself. My first run was stealth with pistol and now I'm doing shotgun with gadgets for backup.

Sure there's tons! Well... maybe two and a half tons. Disregarding replays to change everything there's still some left. You're probably more than halfway.

Damn. Luckily, I'm enjoying the combat/skill/item system, so I'll be able to play it over and over without having to chug through combat.

Carnarvon on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As far as the story of AP in comparison to the Vampire:TM:BL game, I barely managed to tolerate all the annoying vampire bullshit in that game; I beat the game and just have no desire to ever go back. Ever. In contrast, AP pissed me off in a lot of ways but right after I beat it I was still taking a look at what I want to do for the next time I play. Vampire:TM was crammed with so much undead cliche I could only handle it in small chunks.
    Man, what? Even for someone that doesn't like goth bullshit, that game permeated it so heavily that it practically parodied itself. Plus, that game was wonderful in every other way.
    And comparing AP to KotoR II's story isn't a proper comparison at all. The KotoR games had tomes and tomes of Star Wars backstory to build off of without having to create any of that atmosphere on its own. On top of that, there was an entire first game with which KotoR II was able to use for story elements.
    KotOR 2 was almost exclusively a deconstruction of the first game, and of Star Wars lore in general. I think there's a fair comparison to it insofar as Alpha Protocol is largely a reaction to modern RPG design philosophy, even if it isn't as overt about it.

Monger on
  • Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Foefaller wrote: »

There is a pretty good chance.

Biggest thing you must do though, if you want to be decent in a firefight (and there will be some unavoidable ones) is unlearn all that you have learned about third person shooters, as you can't do the run-and-gun snap-aim stuff you normally get away with in other games (well, unless you got the right skill(s) activated, then you can get away with it some of the time.)

Also, don't try to depend on a weapon unless you put some ranks in it. Yes, only a couple of weapons get thier accuaccy increased with more ranks, but all weapons improve on the time, and in some cases, conditions, it takes to aim and fire a crit shot.

This all sounds good to me! I will definitely pick this up in a month or so when I'm finished with a few other games.

Cannon Goose on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, I'm having a problem with Taipei. No spoilers. As soon as I arrive in the safehouse, there's a brief conversation, and then I can't do anything. My PDA doesn't work, I can't interact with the TV or door or anything else. Am I missing something? Or is it just a glitch that reloading won't fix?

AnteCantelope on
  • Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Are you in a run down, beat up little room?

If so
    Go to the shower and activate it when prompted.

Rogueknight- on
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just got it today, been playing a few hours. Still dicking around in Saudi Arabia.

The game's not that bad. I mean, it's not good, but it's not that bad. It's uh, definitely more playable then I was expecting. Better than NWN2, Obsidian's previous effort.

Currently uploading my trials and tribulations to youtube.

Delta Assault on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Goddammit Obsidian I thought we were past this.

Fighting a boss, kill all his henchmen, run up to him and start beating the hell out of him in melee. Get him down to about 25% health when CUTSCENE.

Now we're magically on opposite sides of the room shooting at each other and yelling things, then he runs out and magically escapes past a magically sealing door.

Bad developers.

*bops Obsidian on the head with a rolled up newspaper*

No.

Aistan on
    edited June 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    Man, what? Even for someone that doesn't like goth bullshit, that game permeated it so heavily that it practically parodied itself. Plus, that game was wonderful in every other way.

I just get fed up with vampire stuff in general. I can only handle so many references to humans as cattle before I can't help thinking about how stupid it is for a race of supposed super-beings to preach about how superior they are and yet spend most of their time quaking in their boots over getting exposed to the public. Being undead doesn't make you a god, it just makes you a dude with a limited diet, a long lifespan, and issues with tanning.

And I wouldn't call the gameplay exactly "wonderful", but I didn't hold it against the game considering the age. It was one of the finest examples of PnP RPG being ported to a video game, though, and I could definitely do with more games that use a similar skill system. I don't know how true it is to the actual Vampire RPG stuff, but it was pretty well done. The game was good in a lot of ways, but that particular style of story just doesn't appeal to me a ton; that kind of wrecks the desire to want to go back and replay a story-centered game. And I only mentioned it because someone else assumed PA folks should just love the Vampire:TM story and I just wanted to to provide a counterpoint.
    Monger wrote: »
    KotOR 2 was almost exclusively a deconstruction of the first game, and of Star Wars lore in general. I think there's a fair comparison to it insofar as Alpha Protocol is largely a reaction to modern RPG design philosophy, even if it isn't as overt about it.

But the fact remains that nearly every fictional element in KotoR II had already been created and the devs merely had to pick what to utilize. Even someone just having watched the movies will have something like 12-14 hours of Star Wars primer material; even just watching the good movies is something like 6-8 hours of free info for the KotoR II fiction. For the average PAer, KotoR II is automatically more immersive since you're basically walking into a big fictional world someone else has created. In comparison, AP is a single game with a contemporary stand-alone setting which has to build it's own fiction while still keeping the player involved. Yeah, we've all heard of the Russian Mafia, but AP has to have its own Russian mafia. It can't just do something like pick the Sith and have tons of info which the player already knows and the devs don't have to explain. That's the part where I think the comparison doesn't match up. Everybody and their grandma knows about Jedi, but most people probably don't even know the basic purposes of the NSA, CIA, and FBI. It's a lot easier for a setting to be compelling when it's all very familiar before you even start the game.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone know what the difference between stability and recoil is on the gun? I've been pumping everything into accuracy and was wondering how much stability comes into play with the pistol.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

True so hard. It's like the writers decided to come up with actual branching stories instead of binary options which don't really matter. Of course, knowing the game industry other devs will decide to emulate the terrible level design and sub-par AI rather than the actually great part of the game.

Did you enable AA? that's what usually makes the dialogue options disapear.

Recoil effects how big the sights get right after you shoot. Not entirely sure about stability, I hear that it's how much bigger it gets when you move.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aistan wrote: »

Fighting a boss, kill all his henchmen, run up to him and start beating the hell out of him in melee. Get him down to about 25% health when CUTSCENE.

Now we're magically on opposite sides of the room shooting at each other and yelling things, then he runs out and magically escapes past a magically sealing door.

Bad developers.

No.

It's Marburg's choice to turn and flee the fight. Of course, it could just as easily be his choice to stay, given the right incentives...
    Say for example, if he was so ticked off with you that he lost track of reason, and decided to fight you to the death

subedii on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aistan wrote: »

Bad developers.

No.

That was incredibly annoying to me too. It's 2010 people. Please don't ever do this again. I transferred about 50ft and up a floor during mine. And I went from shooting him at a distance to fighting him in hand to hand.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Are you in a run down, beat up little room?

If so
    Go to the shower and activate it when prompted.

Awesome, thanks.

AnteCantelope on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gonna start my third playthrough soon. I wanted to do a 'Mike shoots everyone' playthrough, but then I realised that would include shooting people I don't want to shoot.

So I think I'll go with a 'Mike shoots nearly everyone' playthrough.

Damn Obsidian and their writing. I wouldn't care so much if only they were bad at it.

WotanAnubis on
    edited June 2010
    Gonna start my third playthrough soon. I wanted to do a 'Mike shoots everyone' playthrough, but then I realised that would include shooting people I don't want to shoot.

Damn Obsidian and their writing. I wouldn't care so much if only they were bad at it.

There's a perk for killing 8 people through the DSS, which I kinda want to find out what it is, considering I can only think of like 10 people that you could possibly execute

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I'm so envious. I really want to try that playthough, but I'm only about an hour out of Saudi Arabia. Every weekend needs to be 3 days so I can get a good amount of gaming in this weekend.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited June 2010
    Spoit wrote: »

There's a perk for killing 8 people through the DSS, which I kinda want to find out what it is, considering I can only think of like 10 people that you could possibly execute
    Lemme think...
    Nasri
    Shaheed
    Sis
    SIE, if you take her along to Brayko, then 'rescue' her, though I'm not sure that one counts
    Brayko
    Surkov
    Omen Deng
    That Al-Samad dude you have to identify with the sniper rifle.
    Marburg, if you piss him off enough
    Scarlet
    (Darcy doesn't give you a choice, so he probably doesn't count)
    The final boss

Maybe Parker if you don't convince him?
    Grigori? Heck? Mina? Albatross? Hong Shi? Maybe, but I wouldn't know how - I usually don't piss them off that much.

WotanAnubis on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, I just finished my first playthrough, and I'm far more enthusiastic about the game than I was in the beginning. The mechanics of the game definitely need overhaul. Sometimes the stealth is overly easy, other times overly hard, other times just right. The combat works, but I'd like to see weapons be more accurate as a rule, rather than me having to get far enough in the game to get the most accurate pistol with a sweet Featherweight Reflex Sight to be able to actually hit someone 2/3 times on the move. Though, I really liked the way the cover and pistol crit mechanics meshed. Creeping around and delivering silenced kills to guards is a damn fine thing to encourage with mechanics. The cover system needs fixing though, too. It's too inconsistent. Some walls you should be able to use as cover are unusable, and sometimes you get randomly detached, or can't fire a pistol correctly from cover. With all that said, if you can play the game on its terms, it can still provide a very enjoyable gameplay experience.

On the other hand, I found the story and writing to be pretty tremendous. The sheer number of permutations the story can take seems awesome, and I'm already planning my second playthrough.
    I liked the reveal of Sung's assassin. Mine was Scarlet, which surprised the hell out of me, given that I probably could have hit that if I hadn't literally had sex with Mina like 15 minutes previous, and Mike Thorton is a one woman man (this time).

Perhaps the most enjoyable feeling I get out of this game is being a one-man machine of destruction.
    I mean, I basically just singlehandedly demolished nearly an entire undercover branch of the US intelligence apparatus.

I like when games make me feel like a badass.

Alecthar on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Lemme think...
    Nasri
    Shaheed
    Sis
    SIE, if you take her along to Brayko, then 'rescue' her, though I'm not sure that one counts
    Brayko
    Surkov
    Omen Deng
    That Al-Samad dude you have to identify with the sniper rifle.
    Marburg, if you piss him off enough
    Scarlet
    (Darcy doesn't give you a choice, so he probably doesn't count)
    The final boss

Maybe Parker if you don't convince him?
    Grigori? Heck? Mina? Albatross? Hong Shi? Maybe, but I wouldn't know how - I usually don't piss them off that much.
    Man, I might try to avoid helping Hong Shi altogether next playthrough, his goddamn goons kept breaking up my sweet stealth run in the mission to prevent Sung's assassination.

Alecthar on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Foefaller wrote: »
    When did it come up? because I never had the chance to confront her about it at all, and I "knew" after I was halfway through my second hub (rome)
    'Come up' is probably a bad choice of words. I never had a dossier dialogue choice or an option to confront her with it in my play that I recall, but towards the end she was acting more like she knew AP was a raw deal and was opposed to it beyond the "oh I'm a confused analyst who's trying to help the person who seems to have been wronged" thing.
    Lemme think...
    If Mina hates you, you can dialogue leave her at the bomb if you went to rescue her, but it's not an execution so I'm not sure it would count. I'd assume not.
    And I only mentioned it because someone else assumed PA folks should just love the Vampire:TM story and I just wanted to to provide a counterpoint.

I subdivided from gamers to head off inevitable comments about Halo/MW2 crowds and try to limit it to opinions that people might respect. I wasn't trying to presume for you or any particular person, and I'm not going to argue with you over it because it's subjective and intelligent people can disagree on any bit of art, but I think the claim about most people is still fair. And I mention KOTOR2 mostly because it had better writing than the first in the same universe, and was done by the same company as AP.

Like I said though, I don't really want to argue over story unless one of the contenders is like...Ninja Gaiden.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, one of the endings from someone over at SA: (ending spoilers, duh)
    LuftWaffle posted:

I just had a pretty crazy ending.

I was playing shotgun rear end in a top hat, (shotguns, fortitude or whatever it is, and hacking), and purposefully trying to piss off everyone I met. I couldn't bring myself to piss off Heck because his style was so inline with mine. Sported a lumberjack beard, aviators, and the floppy hat which just made it infinitely better.

Anyway, Mina, Scarlet and Madison hated me. I executed every person I could including the arab guys, Deng, russian 80s guy, Sis, and Albatross. I tried to kill SIE, and I fought her, but she walked away. I always chose the storyline that would cause the most casualties (saving Madison, helping Sung survive the assassination attempt but letting the riots kill tons of people). The first time I ran into civilian guards I used fire ammo on them. It was glorious. I never gave Scarlet any intel. I punched Leland at the first dialogue opportunity. I told Marburg to gently caress off. I let Mina die by leaving her in the facility.

When I got to the fight with Leland, after I killed him I at first spared him because I figured letting him live would probably be the worst outcome for mankind. As I'm standing there telling him he's going to jail and stuff, I see a laser sight train on my neck and I get sniped. It was Scarlet, she shot me. I was pretty sure I was going to die. She was threatening Leland as well. Then from the shadows STEVEN HECK shoots her from a million miles away with a shotgun and kills her, and then I execute Leland. Steven and I ride off into the sunset while he talks about bombs inside of bombs and Alpha Alpha Protocols.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Jesus Christ.
    Wonder what would've happened if he'd pissed off Heck as well.

WotanAnubis on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That is incredible.

Kelor on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alpha Protocol is about as good as Deus Ex. And I say that as someone who really, really fucking loves Deus Ex.

In this case, the reviews are accurate. ~74/77 Metacritic/user on AP (PC version, no Destructoid review), 90/95 on DX. The only thing AP does better than DX is choice and consequence. Well, and graphics, but that one is a given with a decade's difference. Okay, and also voice-acting, because seriously, I SPEEL MY DREEEEENK. But in terms of game design, hands down to DX.

Edit: I don't know why this is even an argument. Alpha Protocol's strongest virtue is its reactivity. Literally no other game compares. Gameplay, combat, story, design, meanwhile, it's all pale horse compared to the greats, and Deus Ex is pretty much untouchable by any game, let alone this one.
    Deus Ex's gameplay is bad, and if you think otherwise you haven't played the game recently. Both the stealth and the gunplay are worse then AP.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alpha Protocol is about as good as Deus Ex. And I say that as someone who really, really fucking loves Deus Ex.

In this case, the reviews are accurate. ~74/77 Metacritic/user on AP (PC version, no Destructoid review), 90/95 on DX. The only thing AP does better than DX is choice and consequence. Well, and graphics, but that one is a given with a decade's difference. Okay, and also voice-acting, because seriously, I SPEEL MY DREEEEENK. But in terms of game design, hands down to DX.

Edit: I don't know why this is even an argument. Alpha Protocol's strongest virtue is its reactivity. Literally no other game compares. Gameplay, combat, story, design, meanwhile, it's all pale horse compared to the greats, and Deus Ex is pretty much untouchable by any game, let alone this one.
    Deus Ex's gameplay is bad, and if you think otherwise you haven't played the game recently. Both the stealth and the gunplay are worse then AP.

Most people look at Deus Ex with nostalgia goggles. The game is great, but it's not that great.

BlackDove on
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am so, so close to grabbing this from Steam.

I think I know this answer already, but if I LOVED Kotor2, and LOVED Neverwinter Nights 2 (both vanilla and Mask of the Betrayer), and am all-up-ins when it comes to sexy dialogue and character choice, will I love this game?

I already own both Mass Effects, VTM: Bloodlines, and both Deus Ex titles, and love those as well.

Kami on
    edited June 2010
    I'm going to say yes, as I have the same pedigree.

BlackDove on
    edited June 2010
    BlackDove wrote: »
    I'm going to say yes, as I have the same pedigree.

Woooo, high fives all around for being classy gents!

Also, as with all past Obsidian games, I'm hoping the fan community comes swinging when it comes to fan patches and add-ons. Well, I hope, at least. I'm not sure if the game comes with an SDK, or if that's something Obsidian may release later.

Kami on
    edited June 2010
    It's UE3, so a restoration pack is probably unlikely, but a couple people over at SA were able to extract a bunch of neat cut content from it. And it seems that quite a bit of the data is in unprotected ini files as well. Such as pretty much all the stats for the weapons.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, if it's UE3, than a year from now we'll be playing fan-made expansion packs. :lol:

Kami on
    edited June 2010
    It's UE3, so a restoration pack is probably unlikely, but a couple people over at SA were able to extract a bunch of neat cut content from it. And it seems that quite a bit of the data is in unprotected ini files as well. Such as pretty much all the stats for the weapons.

One does wonder if things can be done through this measure.

BlackDove on
This discussion has been closed.