As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A thread on shitty days and tough decisions

1235»

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    See if you can donate it to stem cell research. Might make you feel better to think your sacrifice is going to help medical science.

Magus` on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Magus` wrote: »
    See if you can donate it to stem cell research. Might make you feel better to think your sacrifice is going to help medical science.

nobody wants chromosomally aberrant stem cells unless it's for disease research, which has been done.
    ain't shit to do with this but carry on.

Honestly duder, something like 95%+ of pregnancies end in a spontaneous miscarriage because the fetus is incompatible with life due to meiotic events and funky chromosomes. You are so far from alone.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    trill it's the active choice that's bugging me. not screaming against the universe here.

anyways, friday we get the results.

looking at a solid 50/50 for major cromosome deviation. if we pass that we got one more chromosome test left and a heart scan at 18 weeks.

if that checks out we're back to where we were before yesterday and it'll be considered a regular pregnancy.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah this is like one of those situations that I end up concocting in my head and thinking "fuck that's a shitty situation, hope I never have to make that decision"
    Really I won't have to make the decision since I'm probably not going to get pregnant, but you know what I mean. Deal with the decision I guess.

This really sucks, I hope you end up relatively happy with whatever outcome you get.

Speaking of this, wasn't rolo or someone in a similar situation with a problematic pregnancy a few months ago?

L|ama on
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    man i'm super sorry that something like this is happening to you bwanie, you seem like a really cool guy and it sucks that life has thrown this at you

i hope that a) everything turn out to be fine or b) you feel okay about whatever decision you make

plus i hope you and your wife have like thirty healthy kids in the future all at once

Fletcher on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The preliminary results are in. Things are looking bright!

They extracted 12 cells, of which 6 were used for the quick test and 6 were put on grow.

All 6 came back clean, so the chance of a chromosome deviation is very close to zero.

There's still a chance there's some other deformation present, but for now this is very, very good news.

We went from a 2-sided to a 5 sided die.

Oh yeah, it's a girl :D

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Awesome dude, glad to hear it's looking better. Still hope for even better news for you though.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, that's awesome. I hope she's completely healthy.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Reading through this thread, that last post was a huge relief which actually took me by surprise, since I didn't realise how tense I'd been about this.

I really hope everything turns out properly amazingly for you Bwanie

Quirk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fletcher wrote: »

plus i hope you and your wife have like thirty healthy kids in the future all at once

man i did not even see this but that sounds horrible!

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thats great news! good luck with it all!

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bwanie wrote: »
    Fletcher wrote: »

man i did not even see this but that sounds horrible!

I wouldnt wish that on anyone. Good to hear your one on hold is looking up right now!

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hey nice to hear things are looking up for your baby's health

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Glad to hear it man, I'll be praying for more good news.

saluksic on