As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wont you be my neighbor?

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    you regret not being able to make loud noises outside at 10:30 so much that you regret buying the house?

that's just weird, man

Well, its a starter home, I plan on being here for 3-4 years. So, my young adult years. I wanted it to be a place where my friends and I could hang out and not worry about stuff like keeping family members up and what not.

We are not loud or obnoxious people. Bags is, inherently a loud game. And perhaps there is a way to modify the holes so they make less noise. I think the garage will help since that thing muffles noise like crazy.

I think you all misunderstand where Im coming from. I do honestly care a lot about not making noise. So much that when my friends went out and smoked 2 weeks ago, I had my fiance go upstairs, and listen to see if it was remotely audible.

I just, honestly didnt think people gave a shit before like 12. I figured, yes they may be annoyed, but would realize that people live different schedules and put up with it. I guess that was a bad assumption. One that leads me to regret buying a townhome.

if you want a place to be loud near midnight, move to a farm or a frathouse

you're in your mid 20s. It's time to start considering those around you as WELL as yourself and your friends

People DO give a shit before 12, and it's not unreasonable to. You don't know this guy, you don't know his schedule

he's asked you one time to cut the noise at 10:30 pm, and he wasn't an ass about it. Just move on and try to be a good neighbor

you moved to a house with people living next to you, surprisingly, these people also have likes and dislikes :P

Raneados on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This has happened once, correct?

So be a little more self-aware and most likely there won't be another problem.

You're acting like every time you sneeze or run the blender he runs out of his house yelling and screaming calling the cops and trying to get you evicted by the HOA.

My issue is that, in my opinion, and compared to a lot of the association, we werent being very loud at a very late time. It was like the one time we remotely crossed any line, and it was a loud-ish game at 20 minutes later then we probably should have and he reacted instantly.

He showed no signs of caring about getting off on the wrong foot or wanting to get a good relationship with me. He showed every sign of pre-judging me for being young. Keep in mind, as stated before, these neighbors gave us dirty as hell looks we moved in, and didnt smile or wave when we smiled at them, they just stared us down with nasty looks.

So, I feel like this guy already had an issue that some 25 year old could just move in next to him. And I feel like he is going to give no leeway and let things bother him a lot quicker because of our age differences.

Other neighbors are even older, but they seem nice, and though I havent spoken to them really, I have said hi and waved in the morning and what not. I got a bad vibe from this dude right away.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I grew up in a noise-conscious house. Because of this I'm a pretty light sleeper. If you're not a light sleeper, congrats, but just imagine if you were. I am also REALLY angry when I get woken up by unreasonable stuff. I also sleep with my windows closed, a fan on, and ear plugs, and I still get woken up by the crow outside or the elementary school next door. Neither of these are unreasonable things though, cause I can't do much about them.

Imagine being 40, having to get up at 5 AM to commute to your job that starts at 7, and then getting home at 7 at night only to have a couple short hours to enjoy yourself before getting a full nights sleep, and then the young guy next door is throwing bean bags in a barrel an hour after you've turned in.

And people without a great command of the language always come off impolite, because they only know enough words to be very direct.

It's not hard to stay inside after 10 and enjoy yourself with video games, boardgames, movies, weed, alcohol, music, whatever. You chose an activity that is outside and noisy at a time of night that people with careers and families are trying to recharge for their stressful day. Weekends aren't weekends for everyone.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Dude, I am a very light sleeper. I wake up 10 times a night. I get up at 5:30 and go to bed at 12.

Not that I expect everyone else to be this way. But for me, its mainly how quickly he reacted. Honestly, before this I would have considered hanging outside up until 12 no issues. Because it never crossed my mind people were that annoyed by it.

I am going to move it inside, and am unhappy about doing so.

But thats life.

Also, some of my friends dont get off work until 10, they still work retail. So thats part of the reason we are used to hanging out late. 10-4am on weekends is the only time I get to see some of my closest friends.

Also, people keep talking about parties. I never have more then like 4 people over, is that considered a "party", should I warn my neighbors when that happens?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This has happened once, correct?

So be a little more self-aware and most likely there won't be another problem.

You're acting like every time you sneeze or run the blender he runs out of his house yelling and screaming calling the cops and trying to get you evicted by the HOA.

My issue is that, in my opinion, and compared to a lot of the association, we werent being very loud at a very late time. It was like the one time we remotely crossed any line, and it was a loud-ish game at 20 minutes later then we probably should have and he reacted instantly.

He showed no signs of caring about getting off on the wrong foot or wanting to get a good relationship with me. He showed every sign of pre-judging me for being young. Keep in mind, as stated before, these neighbors gave us dirty as hell looks we moved in, and didnt smile or wave when we smiled at them, they just stared us down with nasty looks.

So, I feel like this guy already had an issue that some 25 year old could just move in next to him. And I feel like he is going to give no leeway and let things bother him a lot quicker because of our age differences.

Other neighbors are even older, but they seem nice, and though I havent spoken to them really, I have said hi and waved in the morning and what not. I got a bad vibe from this dude right away.

I hate to say it, but the opening salvo was yours.

You moved in, didn't introduce yourself and the promptly made enough noise to bug your neighbor.

This has nothing to do with him being older than you

But it has everything to do with you being a good neighbor and trying to make nice with the people who share walls with you. Stop deluding yourself that they're out to get you and stop being a pissy little brat who doesn't understand why the rules apply to him.

Usagi on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    There's a kid next door to us that has a basketball hoop. Its difficult to drown out, you can hear it through out the side of the house, and its annoying as hell. When he started playing past 10:00, you better believe we talked to him. I don't sleep at ten, but I don't want to have to wear ear plugs because I cant concentrate through repeated rim shots till midnight. To be fair to us, the hoops banned in HOA rules and we dont complain any other time of day, to be fair to your neighbor, 20 minutes after 10 is still after the law says don't throw bags at hollow planks of wood next to people sleeping.

Maybe you didn't like his tone when he talked to you, but he was basically saying the same thing you are, which is "I plan to be here for a while, and I don't want to have to deal with shit like that at 10pm." So, he doesn't greet you when you pick up your paper, that doesn't mean you get to throw bags at wood at 10.

It looks like the game is fairly mobile, and you're an adult with a car. The neighbors kid just drives up to the middle school and plays on their court. You can move your game, he cant move his house. I understand that you are compromising more than he is, But it sounds like a minor inconvenience at best.

Iruka on
    edited June 2010
    You get 5 and a half hours of sleep each night? That is gross.

And he has no idea how long you're gonna go on. What's he supposed to do, wait for half an hour and HOPE that you'll stop soon, or just nip it in the bud. Just go over tomorrow, say 'hey man, sorry about last night. What's your schedule like during the week, I don't want to create animosity, and knowing your expectations would really help me avoid doing that. I know I'm new here, and I'd like to be a respectful member of this community.'

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WootloopsWootloops Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    He understands why and is doing something about it - what more do ya'll want? He doesn't have to LIKE it, but no where do I see him bitching or moaning about it. I'd be annoyed about the situation too.

I agree with more or less everything Ceres has said - there's always somebody near you who is sleeping and you can't please everyone. Do what you need to do, if there's a complaint - apologize, relocate the activity or stop it for the evening. Which...gasp, is exactly what you did. Kudos for respecting others and fuck those who are trying to make you out to be this dick neighbor.

Good luck.

Wootloops on
    steam_sig.png
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ive been raised that 12 is late, before that you dont need to worry much. I have never really met anyone other then my neighbor who feels strongly differently.

I was raised to believe 8pm was late!

I feel for you because I used to be a musician with a garage so that makes you the jam house.

I figured out pretty quick the only times you don't get yelled at for noise is 3pm to 6pm. Anything past that and people are ready to lynch you.

In my case there were two bands within one square block in high school - imagine what the neighbors thought.

To sum it up : Read your local ordinances carefully - they are written usually so that ANYTHING is a violation by design.

Here are mine since we aren't neighbors:
    Sec. 14-5. - Prohibitions generally.

(edit)

(8)

Talking, yelling, shouting, screaming, singing, or any other form of human sounds produced by any person or group of people that creates a noise disturbance.

See... that's not even in the 10pm to 6am noise section - this is just in general.

useless4 on
    edited June 2010
    Usagi wrote: »

You moved in, didn't introduce yourself and the promptly made enough noise to bug your neighbor.

So...while carrying couches and boxes while he sits in his driveway and stares me down im supposed to walk over there and introduce myself?

Sorry, but if some guy is giving me the stink eye I am not going to feel comfortable approaching him. Is that my bad? Maybe, but its also understandable.

I am not imagining this guy giving us dirty looks when we moved in, my fiance and parents noticed it to. I could see myself introducing myself to the neighbors on the other side if I happened to see them when I wasnt in my car on the way to work, but I havent seen them out and about yet.

This other guy, it would be incredibly awkward to move in for an actual conversation at this point. It will take months of greetings from my patio or driveway and breaking the tension before I had the ability to do that.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited June 2010
    You'd be surprised at how much tension is broken by admitting a little bit of wrong, even if it imagined, and starting from scratch with a smile.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I mean, I appologized last night, but...if I see him I can do the same. Just a quick "hey sorry about last night, we will try to keep it down after 10"

I just dont know, like I said, he seemed agitated by us from day -1.

Though, if this guy is ever loud outside passed 10, its gunna bother me. Not because I care about the noise, but just because of the hypocracy.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

So...while carrying couches and boxes while he sits in his driveway and stares me down im supposed to walk over there and introduce myself?

Clearly not, and I highly doubt Usagi was suggesting you do it while in the process of physically moving in your stuff. After you've moved in, perhaps on the first weekend, it's nice to go introduce yourself at least to your immediate neighbors. It doesn't have to be anything big, just enough so that you know who your neighbors are and vice versa, as well as showing your neighbors that you're a nice, mature guy. The longer you wait, the more awkward the first introduction will be. Once the ice is broken, it will be much easier to shoot the breeze if you're both doing yardwork, etc. and build up a good rapport.

BoomShake on
    edited June 2010
    BoomShake wrote: »

Clearly not, and I highly doubt Usagi was suggesting you do it while in the process of physically moving in your stuff. After you've moved in, perhaps on the first weekend, it's nice to go introduce yourself at least to your immediate neighbors. It doesn't have to be anything big, just enough so that you know who your neighbors are and vice versa, as well as showing your neighbors that you're a nice, mature guy. The longer you wait, the more awkward the first introduction will be. Once the ice is broken, it will be much easier to shoot the breeze if you're both doing yardwork, etc. and build up a good rapport.

Honestly, even a smile and a wave while you were moving in wouldn't have been a bad idea (it's what I've done in the past).

But yeah, what Boom said.

Usagi on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, Im bad with small talk...

Like im great at shooting the breeze during an interaction with purpose, but I am terrible at forced, no real point, small talk.

Especially if theres a remote language barrier, because I tend to make jokes or comments that people who english is a second language for dont quite follow.

I always figured neighbors just waited until they were in the same place and shot the breeze, not a forced, akward introduction. Im not sure I can handle that...thats on me, but...yeah...not an easy one for me.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited June 2010
    BoomShake wrote: »

Honestly, even a smile and a wave while you were moving in wouldn't have been a bad idea (it's what I've done in the past).

But yeah, what Boom said.

We smiled and gave head nods with our hands full...might have been easy to miss. But they were staring at us the whole time, so...I think they saw it.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    All the excuses you're giving are basically you just saying, "I'm bad at being an adult and dealing with other adults and I need to grow up and start acting like an adult."

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Though, if this guy is ever loud outside passed 10, its gunna bother me. Not because I care about the noise, but just because of the hypocracy.

All you will accomplish with this is starting a war with your neighbor. How about acting like a mature adult, apologize, try to keep the noise down late at night, and be a little neighborly? You don't have to have each other over for tea, but a little nicety will go a long way.

. on
    Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    edited June 2010
    Hell, in a situation like this I'd consider it well worth the small cost to find out if he likes beer and either bring over a 6 pack of something he likes or if it's a nice day and you're just in your yard enjoying some beer (not shitfaced though) then ask if he'd like one.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited June 2010
    I do wish i was friends with my neighbor.

Strangely I feel generationally older (I am 34 next week and they are in their twenties) and family wise behind (we don't have kids yet).

We should start a general neighbor thread in DnD.

useless4 on
  • BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, Im bad with small talk...

Like im great at shooting the breeze during an interaction with purpose, but I am terrible at forced, no real point, small talk.

Especially if theres a remote language barrier, because I tend to make jokes or comments that people who english is a second language for dont quite follow.

I always figured neighbors just waited until they were in the same place and shot the breeze, not a forced, akward introduction. Im not sure I can handle that...thats on me, but...yeah...not an easy one for me.

I'm awful at small talk too, so I feel where you're coming from. However, this does have a point: establishing friendly contact with someone you will live next to for years.

But like I said, it doesn't have to be anything big. Hell, you can even give yourself a quick out. For example, "Hi, I'm on my way to run some errands, but I wanted to take the time to introduce myself..." (and then actually go somewhere). Basically give the conversation a naturally short, predefined end and you'll avoid that whole awkward situation of standing around and nobody saying anything.

BoomShake on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    You can play it up soccer mom style and bake him some cookies, but all in all, they don't have to like you.

When we were at school, living in a house split up into an apartment with the landlord, and a married couple with kids, we got away with alot of shit by just asking first. just being like "hey, we're 20, we dont want to interrupt you lives, tell us if were being loud." or "Hey, we'd like to throw a party, is there a weekend you'd prefer?" Or neighbors would tell us when they are going out of town and be like "throw a nice party." Its alot easier to compromise before you're doing whatever annoying thing.

Maybe you wont get so lucky, but trying to talk about it is usually better than do, apologize, repeat, as that gets tiring for everybody.

Iruka on
    edited June 2010
    I'm in an apartment right now, and I have a relatively new upstairs neighbor who's a pretty young guy (I'm 43). Right after he moved in, he had a party in the middle of the week that kept me up till almost 2 am. I talked to him at 11 and they quited down a bit, but got noisy again. I ended up complaining to him a couple of other times about being noisy late, and when I'm not able to sleep then yeah, I'm grumpier than usual. But here's the thing. Since then, he's been good about being quiet late so I made sure to thank him and let him know that I appreciated it because I want to encourage him to be a good neighbor, not just yell at him when I'm upset. That's my responsibility to take that initiative. Step up to the plate and make some effort to improve your relationship with your neighbor.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited June 2010
    If you guys think your noise complaints are valid wait til you hear this one... at 2am on 4 July 2009 in my brand new townhouse I had to call the cops.

I had been watching the super long Watchman cut (so I was up) but when it ended, I heard like weird machinery and banging noises that the tv was covering up.

THEY WERE POURING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE TOWNHOUSES 45 FEET BEHIND ME IN THE DARK.

With a concrete truck and 15 people etc.

I called the cops so fast.
    Sucks to think my house was probably made in the dark too.

n637375627_2899773_4301369.jpg

Oh those construction workers were pissed. Supposedly if they had to stop it would have to be torn out and done over again. Thankfully the cop shared my view as "how the hell did you think this was ok!?!?!" ... as someone who has done haphazard construction type work as well I called the county and OSHA on them too.

They literally were out there with one big work light. You couldn't be safe working in a construction site like that.

useless4 on
    edited June 2010
    And I thought my neighbors assembling IKEA furniture at midnight was a bad idea, sheesh!

Usagi on
    edited June 2010
    Hahaha useless, gotta love when there's no question whether you're in the right or not. Unreal.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    useless4 wrote: »
    If you guys think your noise complaints are valid wait til you hear this one... at 2am on 4 July 2010 in my brand new townhouse I had to call the cops.

I had been watching the super long Watchman cut (so I was up) but when it ended, I heard like weird machinery and banging noises that the tv was covering up.

THEY WERE POURING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE TOWNHOUSES 45 FEET BEHIND ME IN THE DARK.

Oh those construction workers were pissed. Supposedly if they had to stop it would have to be torn out and done over again. Thankfully the cop shared my view as "how the hell did you think this was ok!?!?!" ... as someone who has done haphazard construction type work as well I called the county and OSHA on them too.

They literally were out there with one big work light. You couldn't be safe working in a construction site like that.

Well now you've just pissed off the mafia and they're going to make your life hell. (oh god I'm just kidding that would be terrible)

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    You can play it up soccer mom style and bake him some cookies, but all in all, they don't have to like you.

When we were at school, living in a house split up into an apartment with the landlord, and a married couple with kids, we got away with alot of shit by just asking first. just being like "hey, we're 20, we dont want to interrupt you lives, tell us if were being loud." or "Hey, we'd like to throw a party, is there a weekend you'd prefer?" Or neighbors would tell us when they are going out of town and be like "throw a nice party." Its alot easier to compromise before you're doing whatever annoying thing.

Maybe you wont get so lucky, but trying to talk about it is usually better than do, apologize, repeat, as that gets tiring for everybody.

This is unbelievably helpful, even if your neighbors are also in their early 20s, you never know what they're up to. I used to have a job where I had to be up at 6am in order to get there on time, and the very first week we moved in our neighbors came over to ask us about what times were good for them to have parties and how noise-sensitive we were. They were probably the best neighbors I've ever had in an apartment situation, and it took a whole two minutes of interaction on both our parts to make sure we were friendly to each other.

cabsy on
    edited June 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    useless4 wrote: »
    If you guys think your noise complaints are valid wait til you hear this one... at 2am on 4 July 2010 in my brand new townhouse I had to call the cops.

Well now you've just pissed off the mafia and they're going to make your life hell. (oh god I'm just kidding that would be terrible)

The funny thing is that no one else called the cops! Sure they were out there staring dumbfounded and pissed off.

I would hope if i am being murdered or something they would get involved

useless4 on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think it's time for a nice big cookout. Throw a nice afternoon party to get to know the neighbors, and be sure to invite that guy. Invite him personally so that you can apologize again while you're there.

Doing something like that will accomplish several things:

1. Get to know all your neighbors

2. Let the guy know there's no hard feelings

3. Give you an opportunity to apologize and perhaps ask if there's times he'd be amenable to outdoors activity

At least, this is what I would do. Keep in mind, I've lived my entire life either in the country (where hearing hunting gunshots at midnight isn't uncommon) or in college dorms (where hearing drinking parties across the hall at 4 AM was pretty standard) so I'm not an expert on suburbia. But it seems to me like a party like that would help everyone get to know each other a little better.

Terrendos on
  • AethosAethos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    10:00 is pretty much the accepted limit for loud outdoor activities in most communities

That's been my understanding as well. During college I lived in a nicer neighbourhood than most, with my friends, we just went up to our close neighbours and said "Hey, just so you know, we'll try to keep it down for the most part, but is there a certain time you'd like us to quiet up by? We're students, not animals." And eventually settled on 10-10:30, even though some other neighbours didn't care, or said things like midnight or 1am.

Being courteous first means you don't have to deal with that kind of shit later, and means you can always say "Well you said to keep it down after X, and it's X minus 30, sorry, we didn't think you'd mind."

Edit: A big barbecue type deal, especially if you've got some friends that come over often, is a great idea like Terrendos said. They may be older, even significantly older, but there's no reason you can't be friendly. Plus, there's always the chance you'll meet another fan of whatever team(s) you like, and will be able to hang out with them for games sometimes. Or even a fan of your rival, and get to have that good natured neighbourly banter about games.

Aethos on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    agree with 10pm being the acceptable noise limit - of course unless someone comes to tell you "hey i work nights and sleep during the day so could you be quiet during xpm - xpm?" - then, you be a nice human and cooperate because sleep is important

our last neighbours decided to play loud, loud techno at 3am. our building manager yelled at them, called them stupid, called them animals, it was wonderful. they were seemingly running a brothel, turned out.

mully on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'd also like to add that some people work on a Saturday, I know I do and I have to get up at 6am to get to work on time. After 10pm it's just polite to keep the noise down. I'm sure when you start toning it down your neighbour will on good terms with you again.

Liiya on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yah, weekend =/= no work

Raneados on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What, exactly, is "Bags"?

I thought I was the only person who had no idea what that means.

In this situation the path of least resistance is probably the way to go. Yeah it sucks you can't do what you want at 10:30 on a friday but remember it being a Friday doesn't make it more acceptable than on another weekday, a lot of people work Saturdays.

Casual on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not really fixing the issue at hand, but might I instead of "bags" might I suggest ladder golf instead? Little to no noise created (besides your typical bullshitting around). Like you said, bags is not a quiet game, especially when you have to talk to each other from far away while playing.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    Not really fixing the issue at hand, but might I instead of "bags" might I suggest ladder golf instead? Little to no noise created (besides your typical bullshitting around). Like you said, bags is not a quiet game, especially when you have to talk to each other from far away while playing.

I would say that part of the problem also stems from a couple (or more) guys outside just bullshitting and chit chatting. I think it's fairly common knowledge how loud people can get in the process of playing competitive games. Even moreso when they've had a few.

Esh on
  • eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I stopped reading after page 1 of the whipping your getting, OP, so if this has been suggested, I'm sorry.

What you should do is go to your neighbour during the day and apologize again. Try to get to know all your neighbours and you'll know when you can more easily get away with stuff like bags at 10:30.

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OP, let me tell you about my friend John. Him and his wife got their first apartment together, in a retirement community because it was nice and was sort of cheap. They are not loud people, in bed by 11 at the latest and never make noise.

They had this down stairs neibhor who was a bitch. Playing Rock Band at 8? Too loud because of the drum pedal, blender at 10:15, threatened to call the cops, ice fell off the roof, they were dropping stuff on her porch on purpous. She always called the cops out, who where generally nice because John and his wife are nice and good people. They tried everything to make this lady happy but she always bitched and complained about every little thing and made outragous demands of them (my pipes are broken so you running water may case leaks in my ceiling, can you not use any water for 3 days?).

This guy came out and asked nicely if you could stop being loud. It could be worse. I lived in a college town in a house full of other college aged guys, I worked 2 jobs and went to school. I had 90 hour work weeks on top of school, there was a party at every neibhors house and in my own every weekend. It sucked. I am glad I am in the adult world now that I am in college again. Welcome to that adult world. Don't be a douche, be reasonable, just quiet it down.

Now if this guy is all "YOUR GAME OF RISK IS TOO DAMN LOUD" then yeah hes a jerkass. Otherwise, maybe keep it down.

Bucketman on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    eternalbl wrote: »
    I stopped reading after page 1 of the whipping your getting, OP, so if this has been suggested, I'm sorry.

What you should do is go to your neighbour during the day and apologize again. Try to get to know all your neighbours and you'll know when you can more easily get away with stuff like bags at 10:30.

I think this is the sort of behavior we should be ridding the OP of, not encouraging. He doesn't need to think "Hey, I'm kinda on good terms with my neighbors, I can go back to my bad behavior now."

Esh on